2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upcoming sale, i am not sure how valid it is but I just overheard an employee reading an email: Buy 2 preowned get 2 preowned free. She stopped reading the rest of the email once she realized that customers can hear her.  I am not sure if this is going to be a Deal of the Day or starting Sunday. 

Upcoming sale, i am not sure how valid it is but I just overheard an employee reading an email: Buy 2 preowned get 2 preowned free. She stopped reading the rest of the email once she realized that customers can hear her. I am not sure if this is going to be a Deal of the Day or starting Sunday.
Sadly unless it works on PS4 Switch and Xbox One which I doubt and only works on older systems I only see a handful of games that would work to flip 50+. The bigger problem is inventory. Call of Duty Black Ops Collection, Combo Pack, Minecraft, Pokemon DS, 3DS Yokai 3DS first party and matching the prices with the B2G2 will prove difficult.

Some of the $15-$20 games that work well with B2G2.

Left 4 Dead 2

Nintendo Selects: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Super Mario Maker for 3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mario Kart 8
New Super Mario Bros. U
DuckTales Remastered
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort - Game Only
WarioWare Gold
Minecraft PlayStation 3 Edition
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
Kirby Triple Deluxe
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I can confirm that pre-owned Baldur's Gate 1/2 Enhanced for Switch does work for the 4/$60, since it was temporarily reduced to $25 (new) today as part of the Deal of the Day, with the pre-owned being 2 bucks less ($22.99).

If you can find it pre-owned, of course.  It's a good flipper ($15 base), though I intend to keep the copy I got and actually play it, adding to my already large backlog.  Just a PSA.

Does the trade ban happen after you trade in the 4th title or the 5th title of the same?  I've traded in 3 of a certain game already and just acquired another copy for cheap..  Thanks

Question:  Are they still doing the extra $5 trade credits on PS4 and Xbox 1 games too? Or it's only for switch?

Question: Are they still doing the extra $5 trade credits on PS4 and Xbox 1 games too? Or it's only for switch?
Only Switch, according to the ad.

However,

Supposedly only for Switch, though one store I was at still had the PS4 / XB1 / Switch +$5 bonus sign still up, though it was hung at a 30 degree angle, getting ready to fall [been that way all week, nobody cares, customers didn't say anything -- I didn't either]. The store is kind of a mess - they keep churning employees like crazy.

I've seen 6 different people there now - 4 new hires, and 2 I recognize from other stores. I keep seeing a new hire every time I'm there (never the same twice) .. it's almost like they are having problems retaining employees. A new person is always in training every time I visited this week (and can't help me at checkout). It's sheer satire.

They have games the website says they don't (always ask!) ... they don't have games their shelves say they do. I guess they are shutting down.. Inventory control is bad, maybe alot of employee theft (making inventory positive). I suppose the GS website cancelled orders didn't help either (to make inventory negative). I'll miss them, boo :(

Only Switch, according to the ad.

However,

Supposedly only for Switch, though one store I was at still had the PS4 / XB1 / Switch +$5 bonus sign still up, though it was hung at a 30 degree angle, getting ready to fall [been that way all week, nobody cares, customers didn't say anything -- I didn't either]. The store is kind of a mess - they keep churning employees like crazy.

I've seen 6 different people there now - 4 new hires, and 2 I recognize from other stores. I keep seeing a new hire every time I'm there (never the same twice) .. it's almost like they are having problems retaining employees. A new person is always in training every time I visited this week (and can't help me at checkout). It's sheer satire.

They have games the website says they don't (always ask!) ... they don't have games their shelves say they do. I guess they are shutting down.. Inventory control is bad, maybe alot of employee theft (making inventory positive). I suppose the GS website cancelled orders didn't help either (to make inventory negative). I'll miss them, boo :(
Thanks for the answer. So it is YMMV then. As for gamestop, I'm going to stop doing business with them after I use all pointsI have on my account. Seeing how they will ban your account for any dumb reasons (like cancelling online order) and doing horrible for the past couple of years, I wouldn't be surprise if they goes bankrupt in the next couple of years.

So you can trade a One S for $150 & buy for $150. So for the $10-15 in sales tax fresh controller and warranty. If it was in store I would probably take the time and do it.

How does one get access to the new sheet if they meet the post requirement?
You have to apply for membership with 3 character references...

Actually I have no clue either ... is the sheet primarily targeted at legacy elite members to flips games back to GS for net credit?

So you can trade a One S for $150 & buy for $150. So for the $10-15 in sales tax fresh controller and warranty. If it was in store I would probably take the time and do it.
Looks like the Soddy Daisy, TN store has it, zipcode 37379. Too far of a drive for me. Also not sure I really need another XBox before the Microsoft GRP (GameRectangularPrism).

Anyone else having issues checking card balances? Never seen this happen with any other businesses...
It has been like that for weeks. I just add something to my cart and use the check balance option in the cart. It is more consistent and does not have the errors that the other tool has.

How does one get access to the new sheet if they meet the post requirement?

You have to apply for membership with 3 character references...

Actually I have no clue either ... is the sheet primarily targeted at legacy elite members to flips games back to GS for net credit?
I'd recommend just messaging Suemana directly; he or she seems to be a friendly and fair person. All of the other responses that have been posted have been misunderstood jokes.

Actually I believe in this one instance the deal of the day is valid in stores too. At least it was yesterday when I went in and traded my Xbox towards a new one.

gamestop has funko products for 40% off as the deal of the day but they also have another sale for 3 funko pops for $25. The 3 for $25 overrides the 40% off lol

deal of the day is online or in store. I just did this in store the other day. The p.o.s handles it all

Question: Are they still doing the extra $5 trade credits on PS4 and Xbox 1 games too? Or it's only for switch?
I asked an employee if 5 extra for ps4 games works and he tried it and said yes, though I would like a second opinion on this before I start gathering games. And does anyone know if its still 3 months on a trade ban? I was told "Check back next month."

I asked an employee if 5 extra for ps4 games works and he tried it and said yes, though I would like a second opinion on this before I start gathering games. And does anyone know if its still 3 months on a trade ban? I was told "Check back next month."
That’s what I was hit with.

Good luck with the 4/60 flips.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H77BXiaXhKq-Oy20vv7loxlGanDefOHPSd8s_YvYC-U/edit?usp=drivesdk

Final Fantasy X might have a working code for X-2.
Thanks for the list.

Unfortunately for me all the stores within 50 miles don't have most of the 4x$60 Switch games in stock. Even common ones like Crash aren't in stock.

I also noticed online that a lot of PS3/Wii/360 games are out of stock. Hopefully we'll see some promos that work on those systems soon.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link. But I was hoping for that ps4 list too. And wait, you need to pay gamestop for certain game for them to take it in? Dafuq? Am I reading that right?
It shows the base trade value and how much profit you'll make if you have Elite Pro or Pro. The negative values are basically saying for the purchase cost of that game vs what it trades in for, you'll be losing money trying to flip it back.

Thanks for the link. But I was hoping for that ps4 list too. And wait, you need to pay gamestop for certain game for them to take it in? Dafuq? Am I reading that right?
Updated main sheet with PS4 and X1 profitable games thanks for saying something. Going to bed I will add the other consoles as well tommorow.

If you cannot find any games of value amass Wii Sports bumped to $15 and One Piece PS4 plenty of 3ds games and Wii u hit high values 22 PS4 games make 2-5 with elite.

So we expecting any of these NSW first party titles to get bumped over $30 base before they nuke Pro and Elite? Would hate to trade them in today only for values to rise next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back