2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we expecting any of these NSW first party titles to get bumped over $30 base before they nuke Pro and Elite? Would hate to trade them in today only for values to rise next week...
Nintendo authorized the reduction of MSRP for many of it's 1st party games to $39.99 during the BF weekend. Once a new'ish game gets reduced, even temporarily as with BF, I'd be really impressed if it jumps back up in TIV. There just comes a time when demand decreases, because folks already have the game, already tried it, or already beat it.

Some NSW 1st party games never got a price reduction - such as, Mario Maker 2, Super Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario U Deluxe, some others. If any price bump happens, it will likely be on these games.

Then again, after Christmas it may all go downhill, as gifts get traded back in ... including that beloved Pokemon duo, which trade for $47 ea., currently. It's a relatively short, lackluster Duo. More inventory traded back --> TIV drops.

TLDR:

So, expecting a bump? Nah. If anything there is going to be a nerf post Christmas. Certain games may remain the same for awhile though. I'm feeling this is the peak.

There is a trick to mitigating risk when using pick up in store with CAG16. I stumbled on this by chance when a store did not have a copy of the game that I was planning to purchase. Essentially you can have individual items cancelled within an order and be refunded immediately when the price of the order updates. The only time your trade credit is in limbo is if the entire order is canceled. As a result, you can order 3 games with CAG16 and you will be fine as long as one of the games is in stock. I was refunded the difference in trade credit immediately after the order was ready for pickup despite the fact that one of the games was out of stock. It shows in my trade credit history that I was simply charged for the new cost of the order instead of an invisible charge that happens when an entire order is cancelled.

There is a trick to mitigating risk when using pick up in store with CAG16. I stumbled on this by chance when a store did not have a copy of the game that I was planning to purchase. Essentially you can have individual items cancelled within an order and be refunded immediately when the price of the order updates. The only time your trade credit is in limbo is if the entire order is canceled. As a result, you can order 3 games with CAG16 and you will be fine as long as one of the games is in stock. I was refunded the difference in trade credit immediately after the order was ready for pickup despite the fact that one of the games was out of stock. It shows in my trade credit history that I was simply charged for the new cost of the order instead of an invisible charge that happens when an entire order is cancelled.
Hate to burst your bubble, but I placed an order during buy 2 get 1 and was charged the full amount after 2 of the three were cancelled. Money was still not on the card after 5 days and I had to talk to multiple people to get the funds released. A second order two were cancelled and I had the same experience as you did (just charged for the one item and no funds in limbo). Not sure why it processed differently, was same transaction trade credit with cag16 and store pickup.

Good luck with the 4/60 flips.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H77BXiaXhKq-Oy20vv7loxlGanDefOHPSd8s_YvYC-U/edit?usp=drivesdk

Final Fantasy X might have a working code for X-2.
Awesome Possum! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!

--

btw, was there a new flyer, or is the current one going to be active 'til Christmas Eve?

I asked 2 different GS's, one didn't know, referring me to the printed flyer. The 2nd said they didn't any new store props for a different sale, so it will likely continue onwards.

The 2nd store had a Game Days banner, indicating a Games Day sale until December 24th. I just don't know if it changes tomorrow to still qualify as a sale. (Continuing as a sale, yet different terms.) The banners and flyers seem to contradict lately ...

Any word on the B2G2 rumored earlier? (likely last gen, or cheap current gen, lets be realistic.)

Can't even imagine the carnage a B2G2 with elite, cag16, and too tier switch games would bring. On a side note, I traded a bunch of games today so that pretty much guarantees a huge bump soon. You're welcome!

Hate to burst your bubble, but I placed an order during buy 2 get 1 and was charged the full amount after 2 of the three were cancelled. Money was still not on the card after 5 days and I had to talk to multiple people to get the funds released. A second order two were cancelled and I had the same experience as you did (just charged for the one item and no funds in limbo). Not sure why it processed differently, was same transaction trade credit with cag16 and store pickup.
Was the first order updated with a new price and quantity, or did it involve some form of cancellation with the entire order? I'm also curious if it was an invisible "hold" or if it showed up as a visible charge for the whole amount. If the two transactions were from different stores, then that could be a potential factor as well.

My store simply updated my order when they realized that an item was out of stock and it was reflected immediately. The employee told me that I was already refunded the trade credit when I went to pick the order up, so I wonder if something can be done on the store's side. It'd certainly be nice to figure out a more reliable way to get pick up in store to work. Part of me wants to do some testing at my expense, but it'd be a wasted endeavor if it's just GS's system being unreliable as usual, haha.

Was finally able to get a Death Stranding PS4 Pro...one of my local stores had searched all over the USA for one during Black Friday but I wasn't able to secure it at the $299 price point.  They got it shipped from CA (i'm in PA) and I'm excited to have it...but I have the GOW PS4 Pro and not sure what to do with that one now. 

Options are sell it OfferUp/FB marketplace, wait for another promo (trade in towards PS5 or Xbox Series X, I'm thinking X1Xs and Pros will go for ~$300) or trade it in for the $225 ($175 base + $50 bonus) credit by Christmas Eve. 

First world problems :/...

I see digital currency is no longer in the powerup rewards are you able to use a in $10 store certificate to get a $10 playstation or xbox card?

Was the first order updated with a new price and quantity, or did it involve some form of cancellation with the entire order? I'm also curious if it was an invisible "hold" or if it showed up as a visible charge for the whole amount. If the two transactions were from different stores, then that could be a potential factor as well.

My store simply updated my order when they realized that an item was out of stock and it was reflected immediately. The employee told me that I was already refunded the trade credit when I went to pick the order up, so I wonder if something can be done on the store's side. It'd certainly be nice to figure out a more reliable way to get pick up in store to work. Part of me wants to do some testing at my expense, but it'd be a wasted endeavor if it's just GS's system being unreliable as usual, haha.
Two different stores. No transaction was showing up on the trade card the money was just "gone" until the rep was able to release the credit. They said to call it a gift card not trade credit if I ever had an issue again. Maybe it would have cleared up on it's own, but I suspect not.

Was finally able to get a Death Stranding PS4 Pro...one of my local stores had searched all over the USA for one during Black Friday but I wasn't able to secure it at the $299 price point. They got it shipped from CA (i'm in PA) and I'm excited to have it...but I have the GOW PS4 Pro and not sure what to do with that one now.

Options are sell it OfferUp/FB marketplace, wait for another promo (trade in towards PS5 or Xbox Series X, I'm thinking X1Xs and Pros will go for ~$300) or trade it in for the $225 ($175 base + $50 bonus) credit by Christmas Eve.

did they say which store? i returned one to vallejo, it was opened thats why i returned it. they still opened it to check. not trying to burst your bubbles.

Two different stores. No transaction was showing up on the trade card the money was just "gone" until the rep was able to release the credit. They said to call it a gift card not trade credit if I ever had an issue again. Maybe it would have cleared up on it's own, but I suspect not.
Aah, that's been my issue whenever an order is completely cancelled. However, it was different for me when the order was partially cancelled and updated with a new price, which matches your experience with the second transaction. At my store, the employee specifically told me that the difference in trade credit is refunded to me when I picked up the order. The fact that you had two different experiences in two different stores makes me wonder if the process is different on the store's end. I might inquire about this with my local store when I get the chance.

i dont know either way, but the banner above the ad says valid 15th to 21st then when you click on it, it changes to 25th
The most recent ad shows up first, the Game Days Sale ad, followed by the weekly ad for Dec 15-21 immediately after. It's there, you just have to keep scrolling. I'm guessing there won't be another ad until the 26th.

sucks when u go to buy a game thats on sale and they tell u its the last copy and give u the display case with all the lovely stickers u get to peel off

Was finally able to get a Death Stranding PS4 Pro...one of my local stores had searched all over the USA for one during Black Friday but I wasn't able to secure it at the $299 price point. They got it shipped from CA (i'm in PA) and I'm excited to have it...but I have the GOW PS4 Pro and not sure what to do with that one now.

Where in PA are you? I was hoping to see the Pro's back at $299 but only Kohls and AntOnline via ebay have good Pro sales right now. I wanted to trade in my PS4 Slim 1TB and upgrade but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. The bonus credit is the only incentive and it's not worth it without a lower Pro price.

As for your Pro dilemma it's either ebay, Facebook, Craigslist, or waiting for a trade-in next year towards the PS5 or Series X.

sucks when u go to buy a game thats on sale and they tell u its the last copy and give u the display case with all the lovely stickers u get to peel off
Yeah. What sucks even more is when they give you the last open "new" copy and they give you a black case with no artwork. I was told somebody must have misplaced it. Only reason I took it was because it was going to Amazon.

Quick question for you guys. I had a PS4 slim, traded it in and got a pro. I backed up all my stuff to an external drive before trading in the slim. Now when I hook up the drive to the PRO its not reading it saying i have to format. Is there some setting i have to go to? I tried searching online but only see old threads about transferring with an ethernet cable for internal drives. The Xbox is just swap in and out so not sure what I'm supposed to do. Thanks for any help.

Quick question for you guys. I had a PS4 slim, traded it in and got a pro. I backed up all my stuff to an external drive before trading in the slim. Now when I hook up the drive to the PRO its not reading it saying i have to format. Is there some setting i have to go to? I tried searching online but only see old threads about transferring with an ethernet cable for internal drives. The Xbox is just swap in and out so not sure what I'm supposed to do. Thanks for any help.
Can you see the drive when you go into the storage menu?

Not sure if you saw this already.

https://www.ps4storage.com/ps4-external-hdd-not-recognized/

I had the same issue when I set up my new PS4 Slim. I searched how to restore data and used steps from the PS Support Page:

How to Restore Your PlayStation®4 Data
Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Back Up and Restore].

Insert the external storage device that contains the backup into one of the PS4™ USB ports.

Select [Restore PS4].

Select the backup file you'd like to restore.

You'll see a screen that tells you the system will restart and initialize whether or not the backup process is completed. Select [Yes] to continue.

Your PS4™ data is now successfully restored on your system.

Once again, has anyone tried to trade a ps4 or one game and noticed an unadvertised 5 dollar trade boost? Also, does buying a small dollar steam card count toward the 20 percent extra trade on pc accessories deal?

Once again, has anyone tried to trade a ps4 or one game and noticed an unadvertised 5 dollar trade boost? Also, does buying a small dollar steam card count toward the 20 percent extra trade on pc accessories deal?
No and no update has been made I have added the older titles as well to the main list thanks again EvilSena for the help.

155 games net profit with elite

Anyone know if I'm able to trade more than one system at a time and take advantage of the + $50 credit? Like if I bring my PS4 and Switch in to trade in the same transaction will it add $50 per console? Or does this need to be done in separate transactions/stores?

Just went to a Gamestop that's not my home store. All 3 switch titles came up less in store trade than the app. Lego DC villains, Lego marvel super heroes 2 and Hyrule Warriors. Showed them the app and was told that's elite and you're not elite. I am. Got accused of showing them screenshots. I was on the app.

Just went to a Gamestop that's not my home store. All 3 switch titles came up less in store trade than the app. Lego DC villains, Lego marvel super heroes 2 and Hyrule Warriors. Showed them the app and was told that's elite and you're not elite. I am. Got accused of showing them screenshots. I was on the app.
I use the website to generate values and I did my last trade in store today and the values were the same. Is it a test store they are trying a new test program where high value games no longer exist.

Ugh typical gamestop. I don’t know why it’s so hard for them to get their shit together. Also, if he didn’t believe you he could have just went to the site on his own phone or checked your phone to see that it’s legit. I hope you bought something and then burned them on a survey.

Not sure if it is a test store. I just took my trades and left. Will go to my home store later. This was my first time in this store this year.

Nope, not saved values. Freshly looked up values while I was standing in the store.
Posting this again as I feel like it didn’t get acknowledged much last time I posted.

“My store is part of a test of reduced trade values where the money our items are worth in store are less than what it comes up on the app and we aren’t allowed to make people aware of this information
And I just found that out and I’m not happy
If the customer calls us on it we are supposed to adjust"

I’ve had this happen to me as well.

They didn't say which store, but upon inspection of the circular sticker it looks to be intact...maybe a little loose but I think it's because of the outer sleeve with the art. I can take a look at the GS UPCs and see if I can find some info.

did they say which store? i returned one to vallejo, it was opened thats why i returned it. they still opened it to check. not trying to burst your bubbles.

Posting this again as I feel like it didn’t get acknowledged much last time I posted.

“My store is part of a test of reduced trade values where the money our items are worth in store are less than what it comes up on the app and we aren’t allowed to make people aware of this information

This is happening to me more lately, and I'm about done with it. The one guy said he couldn't adjust to the app values because "the website is a different store" and that his manager wasn't there to do it. I'm done now, I don't want to get screwed over anymore and I'm glad to have made a lot trading in NSW games and making my Elite Pro go so much further.

Located near Harrisburg, the AAFES (military only) website had the COD: MW pro bundle for $299 but I have a lot of GS credit to burn. If the price drops in the next couple of weeks I'll get it adjusted.

Where in PA are you? I was hoping to see the Pro's back at $299 but only Kohls and AntOnline via ebay have good Pro sales right now. I wanted to trade in my PS4 Slim 1TB and upgrade but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. The bonus credit is the only incentive and it's not worth it without a lower Pro price.

As for your Pro dilemma it's either ebay, Facebook, Craigslist, or waiting for a trade-in next year towards the PS5 or Series X.

They didn't say which store, but upon inspection of the circular sticker it looks to be intact...maybe a little loose but I think it's because of the outer sleeve with the art. I can take a look at the GS UPCs and see if I can find some info.
as long there is no multiple stickers on it, ur fine.

I can’t believe this! This has been happening to me. I called them on it once, but didn’t want to deal with it the second time. This shouldn’t be allowed, right? False advertising?

Question: Does Gamestop does that $50 trade in credit for console every year or is it rarely? I got a PS4 Slim 500GB and I want to see if I show do that trade in now or wait it out next year. I'm just asking since I got few more days before the sale is over. I just need opinion at the moment. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back