2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: Does Gamestop does that $50 trade in credit for console every year or is it rarely? I got a PS4 Slim 500GB and I want to see if I show do that trade in now or wait it out next year. I'm just asking since I got few more days before the sale is over. I just need opinion at the moment.
They usually make you buy a new console to get the bonus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but they only offer these kinds of trade in bonuses (Extra $25 to $50) about 3 times for the year.

I am concerned that reduced trade values will become the new norm if the data shows that customers are willing to accept those values. I encourage everyone in those test markets to either insist on adjusting to the correct values or trade their games in a different store.

I am concerned that reduced trade values will become the new norm if the data shows that customers are willing to accept those values. I encourage everyone in those test markets to either insist on adjusting to the correct values or trade their games in a different store.
Im still surprised why people like to do business with this scummy store.

*open gutted games sold as new :shame:

*false advertisement on trade-in value :shame:

The one disadvantage GS has is that these are Switch games and not PS4/XB1. Despite the highest base values their Switch stock has never been abundant because people just don’t trade in their Nintendo 1st party games as often...dropping the TiV will just make preowned top tier switch games that much harder to find.

So just got back from my home store. All 3 switch games rang up correct with the app values. I can't remember all 3 of the lower values but Hyrule Warriors was $26.60 on the pad so it would be 18 base plus elite and $5 bonus. Told home store what happened at the other store. They knew nothing about lower values but it is 30 miles away so it could be in another district. I looked at the pad on the lower value store and they definitely had my account up and no refurb fees applied. Lower value store was in Sidney OH if that helps anyone

Yet employees and some customers will drink the Kool-Aid and claim "they're going to lower prices to compensate!" Unbelievable.

And you have people lurking in this thread to chime in that we're the ones being shady and taking advantage of them.

Are we in some parallel universe where we all don't know all the kinds of bullshit Gamestop pulls, as well as their general incompetence? Everyone reading this is fully aware of all the cons and risks of shopping/trading there. We just also know what they're good for - used games readily available in decent supply, frequent enough sales, and how to play the system and actually make money on trades.

If you don't know why people keep going to Gamestop, why are you even in this thread?

Man as much as i hate gamestop the company my local one is amazing.

Helped me get unbanned and gave me the real vita case's after i was talking about getting dumby one's from another store.

Are we in some parallel universe where we all don't know all the kinds of bullshit Gamestop pulls, as well as their general incompetence? Everyone reading this is fully aware of all the cons and risks of shopping/trading there. We just also know what they're good for - used games readily available in decent supply, frequent enough sales, and how to play the system and actually make money on trades.
If you don't know why people keep going to Gamestop, why are you even in this thread?
It's that time of year where people just drop in to complain about display cases sold as new, like they haven't been doing that for fucking ever.

Posting this again as I feel like it didn’t get acknowledged much last time I posted.
“My store is part of a test of reduced trade values where the money our items are worth in store are less than what it comes up on the app and we aren’t allowed to make people aware of this information
And I just found that out and I’m not happy
If the customer calls us on it we are supposed to adjust"
I’ve had this happen to me as well.
I have had this happen as well. When employee called into corporate, they were told the same thing, and adjusted values. Test program of giving less than stated online.

This started happening the week of thanksgiving.

I live in a major metropolitan area with about a dozen gamestops within 20 minutes of me. I just checked store stock... not a single damn store has a single damn game from the flip sheet that makes more than $1 profit! At first I thought there must be a lot of cags flipping in my area, but if that were the case, the games would just be moved from one store to another... Just hordes of soccer moms picking up stocking stuffers I guess.

Located near Harrisburg, the AAFES (military only) website had the COD: MW pro bundle for $299 but I have a lot of GS credit to burn. If the price drops in the next couple of weeks I'll get it adjusted.
I'm by Dorney Park. I wanted to trade in my Spider-Man 1TB base PS4 and upgrade to a Pro but it's not going to happen with no drop in price for the Pro and the $50 bonus trade value ends on the 24th. If there is a decrease in price hopefully you can get the difference.

Most of the games that are currently on sale from Gamedays will go up on 12/26 when the B2G2 free starts anyway.

Currently the 4 for $60 isn't bad at all.

I ordered a couple retro games (the Mario Party games) and paid for the fastest shipping option on 12/20. It’s now technically 12/23 and the order page has not changed (still processing). What was the point of paying extra again?

If that is true then the 4 for 60 was a waste. Because under a b2g2 you'd be paying $50.

Glad I didn't buy anything if this is true.
Not entirely. The current inventory of ~$25 preowned games has pretty much flatlined, unless your looking for old sports games, preschool games, or just stuff with little to no TiV.

So you'll get a cheaper deal, not necessarily a better deal, allowing GS can get rid of the unsellables .. working as intended.

Unless they bump the deal to higher than $24.99, in which case there is a bunch of decent titles between $25 and $30. Or include New (unlikely?).

Yeah, they are pretty much tapped out of alot of inventory both online and in stores.

Still, if buy two get two free has no price restrictions and ESPECIALLY if that works on consoles/accessories it should still be good.

Looks like The Surge 2 is sale as DOTD for $29 new. If I went in-store to pick it up, would it be the same price (without prepaying for it via the app/site)?

Also - has anyone here actually played it? I liked the first one enough to finish it, and this one's supposed to be better, but not a lot of buzz around it at all. Might just be one of those "single-A games that just exists and doesn't really sell well" type of things.

Looks like The Surge 2 is sale as DOTD for $29 new. If I went in-store to pick it up, would it be the same price (without prepaying for it via the app/site)?

Also - has anyone here actually played it? I liked the first one enough to finish it, and this one's supposed to be better, but not a lot of buzz around it at all. Might just be one of those "single-A games that just exists and doesn't really sell well" type of things.
Yes, it should be the same price in-store, as the DotDs are valid both online and in-store through tomorrow (12/24).

I got the platinum trophy in The Surge 2--having never played the first one, I can't really detail what was "better", but it was surprisingly polished with a fresh take on the Souls-like formula. Tying the ability to earn more HP recovery consumables to your Energy bar which only rises as you attack or withstand damage forces you to play aggressively, and the combat itself is quite fun.

One downside is that the ending is a bit too abrupt and not all that satisfying, but apparently there's story DLC on the way that might continue after the ending, so that issue could be addressed.

Interesting finding on the 4 for $60 deal yesterday -- it seems to discount higher priced games in a group of 4.

i.e.:

2 x 4.99 + 2 x 24.99 rings up as 2 x 4.99 + 2 x 14.99

That is a solid deal. If it weren't for the Series X coming out next year, I'd pick one of these up.
im debating if i should trade my xbox 1s minecraft edition. rarely using my xs but the x comes with new warranty and extra controller.

That is a solid deal. If it weren't for the Series X coming out next year, I'd pick one of these up.
Hence the “deal” ... not sure I see the point in buying a ps4/xb1 if you haven’t already.

Unless the backwards compatibility is a farce, then having a ps5/xseries would allow you to play everything and be a much better use of funds, less clutter, and might even enhance the ps4/xb1 games and or experience playing them (loading times)

Sigh. Tried to trade in Crash Nitro(Switch) because my BIL got it for my for Xmas but I'd already bought it. They quoted me 13.25 even though it should be around 18 with the bonus.

Worth going to a different store? Not in my home market, so a little stuck.

im debating if i should trade my xbox 1s minecraft edition. rarely using my xs but the x comes with new warranty and extra controller.
Looks like the Minecraft One S is worth $100 trade-in credit at Gamestop. I personally don't think it's worth it for $100 since it is a really cool looking limited edition. The One X for $250 is a great deal and you could probably sell the digital code for NBA 2K20 if you don't want that. If I could trade my standard Xbox One for $100 I would consider getting the One X myself, but I know I am going to want the Series X so at this point I am just waiting for that.

There's still the $50 bonus till tomorrow. So the OG Xbox one trades in for $125 with boost, and the Xbox one S 1TB trades in for $150 with boost. Also if you have a Xbox one S All-Digital edition it trades in for $150 with the boost also.

Also, for anyone that did the Xbox X 2k19 bundle with extra controller for 300 back on Thursday, I called my local store and explained the situation. Even though it was already opened, they had me bring the box, receipt, and console back in and credited me the 50 dollar difference with a return rebuy.

Looks like the Minecraft One S is worth $100 trade-in credit at Gamestop. I personally don't think it's worth it for $100 since it is a really cool looking limited edition. The One X for $250 is a great deal and you could probably sell the digital code for NBA 2K20 if you don't want that. If I could trade my standard Xbox One for $100 I would consider getting the One X myself, but I know I am going to want the Series X so at this point I am just waiting for that.
that i was thinking waiting for the x series, i havent played my xbox for a long time, even though i love the minecraft edition, getting $150 for it is probably the best deal i could get for it. deciding if i should get the x now since it would be ~$200 if i can sell the free white controller.

It's NBA 2k19, though, which I'm sure is almost worthless at this point.

Even though it says online only for the $250 Xbox One haven’t past deals been live in store also?
If I could walk in and trade my one s for $150 and not be out my box I would do it. Always need another controller that I’d value at $40 so $60 out of pocket seems worth it.

I just got Target to pricematch in chat. Added NBA system to cart. But , the NBA system is out of stock for shipping. So chat suggested Jedi version instead. And blue controller for the free one.
$240 with redcard.
They will probably stop this soon

It's NBA 2k19, though, which I'm sure is almost worthless at this point.
You are right, didn't even realize it when I first saw the deal, just basically saw "sports game I don't care about". But yeah NBA 2K19 is worthless at this point.

that i was thinking waiting for the x series, i havent played my xbox for a long time, even though i love the minecraft edition, getting $150 for it is probably the best deal i could get for it. deciding if i should get the x now since it would be ~$200 if i can sell the free white controller.
I don't think I will pick one up at launch either. I am all in on the PS5, but I was disappointed in the Xbox One this generation, just a big lack of quality exclusives on the console this generation. Sunset Overdrive is my favorite exclusive for the Xbox One and while games like Forza Horizon and Gears are good games, they never were enough to sell me on the One X. If I could have gotten one a year ago for $250 I'd have bought it without question, but now I feel like I'd regret the purchase once the Series X is out.

I don't think I will pick one up at launch either. I am all in on the PS5, but I was disappointed in the Xbox One this generation, just a big lack of quality exclusives on the console this generation. Sunset Overdrive is my favorite exclusive for the Xbox One and while games like Forza Horizon and Gears are good games, they never were enough to sell me on the One X. If I could have gotten one a year ago for $250 I'd have bought it without question, but now I feel like I'd regret the purchase once the Series X is out.
Plus you could play Sunset Overdrive and Forza on a descent PC, if you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back