2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
$50 applies to XBox One X. It came right up as $225. Didn't even have to buy another console. It was the only item in the POS. $24.99 trade credit for a new XBox One X not too bad. And a white controller.

She also let me trade the new black controller too.

Indeed. I can't wait to finish my business with them around next year. I'll spent all my points toward some games to purchase, hopefully during the B2G2 deal. I'm thinking of going toward the trade business in Reddit, Here and GameTZ.

I did the trade-in in store of my old x and got the new x with nba 2k19. We tried about four different controller colors just to see if it would work but only the white ones zeroed out. $25 for the new one with a warranty and a controller is awesome.

Just cashed out 45k points for a $45 Amazon gift card. Had to use a $25 cert (website), $15 cert (website/app) and a $5 cert (app). Thanks Omni99, wherever you may be.

Crap really tempted to swap out my Xbox One X for a fresh one. Just did this on Thursday with my sons phat Xbox One to get him the S model.

Yeah, they are pretty much tapped out of alot of inventory both online and in stores.

Still, if buy two get two free has no price restrictions and ESPECIALLY if that works on consoles/accessories it should still be good.
Aye, alot of the inventory went onto my game shelf (if it was with the original case) .. hehe, I wasn't really looking to stock credit on this deal, but the flips let me keep a couple dozen games, many of them new / expensive'ish - bought with the extra credit.

At the end, I have the same store credit I started with :)

The flips were great the first couple days ... then inventory started drying up... now it's really bad.

--

A SL at GS told me today that after Christmas (26th+) there will be a B2G2 deal (as discussed before in this thread). The SL was confident it was for all systems, yet didn't hear anything about a price cap. Not to get anyone excited .. OK, get a little excited .. but remember it's just here'say at this point.

No word about any +$5 credit, however. If GS thinks that a bunch of folks will dump Christmas gifts, regardless of their offer, they might kill the +$5 credit bonus after Christmas --- the situation could go either way.

Still, the worst case (for no price cap), where neither pro/elite, nor cag16 work, isn't that bad. (4 for $110 isn't terrible).

... or it's just for cheaper games, in which .. /sigh .. OK. Find 4 games valued at $17.99 to make a single set worth buying .. Find 4 at $22.99 now...

I ordered a couple retro games (the Mario Party games) and paid for the fastest shipping option on 12/20. It’s now technically 12/23 and the order page has not changed (still processing). What was the point of paying extra again?
I paid $17 for overnight shipping on the NES Switch JoyCons from Nintendo last Thursday. They just showed up today...not sure what the heck what the point of paying extra even is. I'm just glad they made it before Christmas, but they were supposed to be there Friday.

Interesting finding on the 4 for $60 deal yesterday -- it seems to discount higher priced games in a group of 4.

i.e.:

2 x 4.99 + 2 x 24.99 rings up as 2 x 4.99 + 2 x 14.99
It discounts all the games actually.

Say for instance you get a $4.99, $18.99, $19.99, and $24.99 game.

If you have elite, then it would be...

$4.99+$18.99+$19.99+$24.99=$68.96

($60)(1-0.2)=$48

$48/$68.96=0.696

(0.696)($4.99+$18.99+$19.99+$24.99)=($3.47+$13.22+$13.91+$17.39)=$47.99

So essentially you have to divide the subtotal of all the games, before elite/pur discount, by the discounted rate (i.e. $48 or $54 if you have elite or pur, respectively) to get what you should be multiplying each game by, to get the discounted price.

In the example you listed, they just so happened to be about 20% off. Not sure how you're getting $14.99, unless it's discounting it that way in store (as it doesn't the discount that way online).

Is inventory for the NBA 2k19 X1X bundle accurate? Says it isn't available anywhere within 100 miles of where I live.
Not sure but the website is confusing. I couldn't tell if my local Game Stops (2) had them. The app on my phone indicated one of them did and the other did not.

Maybe try the mobile app? Now when I look the store I got mine at shows it out of stock on the mobile app. The other store didn't have them earlier and still doesn't according to the app.

In the past I have found they have the consoles even though inventory says no. That was a few years ago though.

I paid $17 for overnight shipping on the NES Switch JoyCons from Nintendo last Thursday. They just showed up today...not sure what the heck what the point of paying extra even is. I'm just glad they made it before Christmas, but they were supposed to be there Friday.
Often sellers ship overnight but take days to ship. I can't stand paying anything for shipping.

Not sure but the website is confusing. I couldn't tell if my local Game Stops (2) had them. The app on my phone indicated one of them did and the other did not.

Maybe try the mobile app? Now when I look the store I got mine at shows it out of stock on the mobile app. The other store didn't have them earlier and still doesn't according to the app.

In the past I have found they have the consoles even though inventory says no. That was a few years ago though.
Just call and ask them to hold one for you if they have it.

Blow my mind.

So many holes and missing info. Grats!
I do this all the time with the buy x for y sales if you cannot find full sets of 2/3/4. Get em with 99 cent games and it will discount the others like they were in batches of 2/3/4. i.e. 4 for 20 buy two 9.99 games and two 99 cent games and they will be 11.96 before pro/elite discount.

Went to home store again today. They called low value store after I left yesterday to check out my story. They compared values and confirmed they were lower. Low store confirmed they were test for different values than the app. Also noticed 9k points showed up in my account not from me. Figured out low value store let someone buy a ps4, warranty and games using my account. Which further upset me because I'm at 4 on several games. So called them up and let them know what they did. Manager slightly apologized. I lit them up on another survey.

How the balls did I never think of this?? Excellent way of getting around stock issues. Sadly there are still next to no 24.99 titles anywhere within 100 miles and the stores that say they do have them are actually OOS.

Side note, a store near me DOES have the x1x+controller deal which seems amazing. So close to pulling the trigger but idk if I'd even play it.

[quote name="Jhingles" post="14248275" timestamp="1577152864"]

How the balls did I never think of this?? Excellent way of getting around stock issues. Sadly there are still next to no 24.99 titles anywhere within 100 miles and the stores that say they do have them are actually OOS.

I primarily use this to swap out beat up cases, but every so often there is a super cheap game I want. They are also good fodder for when they have the trade 6 or more to get a bonus.

If I understand, the current flyer extends 'til tomorrow the 24th.

Tomorrow is the last confirmed day to dump Switch games for the +$5 bonus.

Unless it was extended again?  I Saw the flyer that got already extended from the 21st to the "25th", ie 24th, since they are closed Christmas.

If this is incorrect, please mention it.

Some deals got hyper-extended 'til Dec 31st .. but if you are doing 4/$60 it would suck to be stuck with games worth less, for sure, if the +$5 bonus vanishes.

If I understand, the current flyer extends 'til tomorrow the 24th.

Tomorrow is the last confirmed day to dump Switch games for the +$5 bonus.

Unless it was extended again? I Saw the flyer that got already extended from the 21st to the "25th", ie 24th, since they are closed Christmas.

If this is incorrect, please mention it.

Some deals got hyper-extended 'til Dec 31st .. but if you are doing 4/$60 it would suck to be stuck with games worth less, for sure, if the +$5 bonus vanishes.
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/

"GET $5 TRADE BONUS ON ANY NINTENDO SWITCH GAME VALUED $2 OR MORE.

Offer valid 12/16/19 - 1/1/20 for Switch game trades only. Game must have a minimum value of $2.00 to apply. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice."

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/

"GET $5 TRADE BONUS ON ANY NINTENDO SWITCH GAME VALUED $2 OR MORE.

Offer valid 12/16/19 - 1/1/20 for Switch game trades only. Game must have a minimum value of $2.00 to apply. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice."
I just got served.

When did they start updating the trade page bonus's, lol .. been stagnant for weeks, then, boom :)

Nevertheless, thanks !!

So has this ever happened to anyone around holiday for returns? I got shutdown hard today for a return, it was with an original receipt of 4 PS4 games still sealed and everything still within the 30 days. I stopped by to a local GS out of town since I was visiting some relatives. I just told him I wanted to return these, he says "Give me a minute" and proceeded to write down the SKUs of the games and goes into the back with the phone. 5-10 minutes later he comes out with "I just got off the phone with corporate, sorry but I'm unable to take these games back." 

This was around closing time, if that matters, the mall was closing a bit late on the west coast. Yes, these were with original receipts (non-gift receipts), and he didn't give me any particular reason why. I asked for a store manager but he wasn't on duty. I did noticed he was an ASL as noted on his name tag. 

So has this ever happened to anyone around holiday for returns? I got shutdown hard today for a return, it was with an original receipt of 4 PS4 games still sealed and everything still within the 30 days. I stopped by to a local GS out of town since I was visiting some relatives. I just told him I wanted to return these, he says "Give me a minute" and proceeded to write down the SKUs of the games and goes into the back with the phone. 5-10 minutes later he comes out with "I just got off the phone with corporate, sorry but I'm unable to take these games back."

This was around closing time, if that matters, the mall was closing a bit late on the west coast. Yes, these were with original receipts (non-gift receipts), and he didn't give me any particular reason why. I asked for a store manager but he wasn't on duty. I did noticed he was an ASL as noted on his name tag.
just being lazy, burn him on a survey

I see the DotD for the $249.99 Xbox One X bundle is also valid for today what’s the process on getting the free controller in store? I think my home store will give me trouble since the bundle is already discounted and it says you can’t combine offers.

I see the DotD for the $249.99 Xbox One X bundle is also valid for today what’s the process on getting the free controller in store? I think my home store will give me trouble since the bundle is already discounted and it says you can’t combine offers.
it should be automatic, just have them scan both.

It probably affects him since ur returning games on him. Idk

One of the DoTD items is preowned bloodborne for $5.  After elite, cag16, and tax, I paid 3.64 for the disc I unloaded for 12-14 during the +5 promo.

Couldn't do instore pickup through the website - had to order through the app.

Hate the New gamestop website and app, 3 stores have call of cthulu for switch and can't do store pickup, the same for the 5 dollar games.

Hate the New gamestop website and app, 3 stores have call of cthulu for switch and can't do store pickup, the same for the 5 dollar games.

It's a broken website. Try logging in first and change your home store to one with the game in stock. I have been able to get the add to cart button to work with this method

Found my first ever going out of business GS in Chula Vista. Are there any notible deals from that? Does the clearance sale cancel out other promos?

Am I the only one dealing with a “the product ____ isn’t available for quantity “_” when removing a game from cart through the app?

The final fantasy & Crash games on switch, showing $17/$15 base. Elite+ bonus $5 :).  Excellent for those who picked them up with 4 for 48 deal. 

DQB2 PS4 has $22 base and part of the 4/48 as well ;)

The final fantasy & Crash games on switch, showing $17/$15 base. Elite+ bonus $5 :). Excellent for those who picked them up with 4 for 48 deal.

DQB2 PS4 has $22 base and part of the 4/48 as well ;)
It shows the higher TIV initially when I search for those games, but when I save any of the TIV's, the values don't show correctly when I check them after the fact in my "saved trades".

Edit:
Cleared GS app data, relogged in, and it's still not saving the values correctly. In any case, if the values don't change, guess I could just show them the app and/or website.

There's a workaround for store pick up that I've been using. If the game is available online I add it to my cart, then during check-out it gives me the option to pick up in store. It works on stuff that it says is unavailable for store pick up,as long as it was available online.

The Gamestops in my area are going to have some serious inventory issues.  With half of my store pickups being canceled after I get them and now today I got a sealed new copy of a game that I had ordered PO'd

Found my first ever going out of business GS in Chula Vista. Are there any notible deals from that? Does the clearance sale cancel out other promos?
AFAIK nothing stacks but I'm not sure if they cancel out. Funny with all the PHASE 3 THE SKY IS FALLING bullshit, the blog that compiles GS store closings only has 44 listed right now, and I can't find any near Phoenix.

Corporate/support isn't even in the office that late, unless someone in the area is doing shady shit with the same games you tried to return and he thought you were them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back