2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
man, wasn't planning on spending more but it hard to chance passing up some cheap retro stuff. Picked up some SNES games to add to the ever growing collection.

First time I've ordered from GS online.

If anything doesn't come with box art can I go into a store that has it and exchange?

Thanks!

Gamestop about to break Christmas records

I've never spent so much at one time with Gamestop

$$$$$$$$$

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you to the person who mentioned the Elite Pro renewal glitch, just used it.
Sucks that the 4 for $60 drained most of Gamestop's stock. Can't find a single game I actually wanted.
What’s the renewal glitch? I used to be elite pro but it expired a few months back.

Only 2 games i want in stock. Zelda links awkening, mario maker2.

Wanted either one of the new pokemon games and Luigi's mansion 3. Cant believe the pick up in store isn't an option since those games are near at local GS.
They ship items from stores now. Tomorrow morning, before the store opens, the employees will go in early and have a list of games to pull to ship out for online orders so even if your store had them yesterday, they'll likely be gone tomorrow by the time the store opens.

Damnit and I was just about to make more orders!! I guess in-store tomorrow afternoon will have to do, provided it works in-store.

LOL I've been trying to use CAG16 for 15 minutes, thought it was because I signed up for TCB and cancelled it out.

Congratulations to all of you beautiful bastards for getting your orders in, especially the guy with 24 orders. I went to bed early and thought they would disable CAG16 again, I should've known better. Merry Xmas GameStop thread!

Got dk tropical freeze, marvel 3, dq builders 2 and xenoblade 2 for $90 exactly great deal

I was gonna get civ 6, bloodstaind, la noire but I couldn’t find another game in that price range.

just curious, what did you pair with xenosaga 3 as free games? not many games go for that much so i imagine you might have taken a bit of a 'loss' (although not a significant one). hopefully you get the case with it, it's one of my favorite games of all time. i'm happy that it appreciated in value so much :)
I bought 2 Wild Arms 5 to go along with them.

24 orders of 4 games is 96 games...my god man what did you order.
Too much...here’s to hoping they all ship! I feel bad for the workers right after the holidays, but since GS decided to use their stores instead of warehouses that’s how it is. I had no issues with the B1G1 last time where I placed 12 orders so I just decided to go huge with this one. Goodbye Gamestop!!

I have a feeling tomorrow at stores will be all leftovers nobody wants. Aren't all online orders pulled from stores??? The fact all the good stuff sold out probably means everyone depleted store stocks (especially on those expensive Switch games)

Lol is this B2G2 the start of GameStop giving up on life?

Or are they already getting ready for next gen?

It's strange to watch the store inventory decrease as this sale goes on. Last night I wanted luigis mansion but was unavailable online so I found 2 stores near me that had it and other games I wanted. I figured I'll try go tomorrow and see if they're still there but now those stores and most others are OOS. I wonder how accurate their inventory numbers are when ordering from the website to what's in stores

It's strange to watch the store inventory decrease as this sale goes on. Last night I wanted luigis mansion but was unavailable online so I found 2 stores near me that had it and other games I wanted. I figured I'll try go tomorrow and see if they're still there but now those stores and most others are OOS. I wonder how accurate their inventory numbers are when ordering from the website to what's in stores
If i remember correctly, if the warehouse runs out of stock of a game and they still have orders to fill they have stores ship out those games on the orders.

All I know is that getting 2 copies of turtles in time for snes and 2 copies of paper mario for $57 was awesome af. can probably double my money on those if i just sell em for $30 a pop. Heres to hoping theyre authentic games and actually work!

If i remember correctly, if the warehouse runs out of stock of a game and they still have orders to fill they have stores ship out those games on the orders.
It used to be that way, but if I understand correctly, it's the other way around.

Ship from stores 1st, warehouse (Texas?) 2nd. It was to help reduce back-and-forth shipping costs.

I've noticed it with all my last purchases, even if the order gets broken up, they all ship from nearby states (or same state-different counties).

I'd say it's definitely cheaper for GS, although more of a headache for employees.

--

I suppose the whole idea of sending everything to the warehouse was to weed out counterfeits / defective items. It failed. Now, if something looks good, it's ready to ship! For older games, I'd recommend checking known examples to guard against fakes -- assuming you are keeping it in your collection (take apart the cartridges, and verify the contents!).

The warehouse quality assurance concept died rather quick, as I'm guessing GS already knows. You can't pay minimum wage and expect top quality. The warehouse model was a flop, IMO, after repeated examples of sending out broken games / consoles, or knock-offs. But they have been stockpiling many games & hardware, beyond what we know.

GS might not even know what they have, if their individual store inventory system can be used as an example.

Last time I was at one of my stores purchasing games from the 4 for $20 sale, they had boxes and mail bubblers on the counter waiting to be packed, to be shipped out. When I ordered from Gamestop in past years, they would always send games with original cases. Now when I order games online, they send generic cases that you could tell were shipped from a store.

Last time I was at one of my stores purchasing games from the 4 for $20 sale, they had boxes and mail bubblers on the counter waiting to be packed, to be shipped out. When I ordered from Gamestop in past years, they would always send games with original cases. Now when I order games online, they send generic cases that you could tell were shipped from a store.
Sadly, this topic was discussed on Reddit.

GS policy is to sell the "worst" copy first, in hopes that the customer will accept it (and not return it).

The idea is that the final good / great shape copy [copies] will sell easy-peasy, without incident. If someone returns a game that never came with an original case, or it had a crappy label, that goes right to the top, as the next sellable game (if someone returns, they can exchange cases, or even the crappy label game itself, without starting a return,).

It was a corporate mandate, IIRC.

Push garbage on those who don't care ... give phony apology those who do care, and make it "right" ...

Kind of relieved that I missed out on this. My switch backlog is starting to look like my XB1 backlog (not really, lol).
Dude stop lying. I would be pretty salty reading all the successes people have gotten with the sale and not being able to get in on it myself. Only game I bought that Im keeping is DQ11, the rest are for flipping back to help me pay off Persona 5 Royal and Resident Evil 3.

Dude stop lying. I would be pretty salty reading all the successes people have gotten with the sale and not being able to get in on it myself. Only game I bought that Im keeping is DQ11, the rest are for flipping back to help me pay off Persona 5 Royal and Resident Evil 3.
Btw I only bought one set of games and im satisfied. I too have a moderately sized backlog on my Switch and PS4.

What happened? B2G2 free. When did this start? I missed out big time. I'll go in store tomorrow and see what I can get.
It just started today on the website, maybe last night. And starts in-store tomorrow. You havent missed out.

I just bought another 16 games. Either I got beat to the Pokemon DS games or they still havent restocked from Black Friday.

Rawr. You sound pretty salty about him being salty.
Explain to me troll, how I am salty about something that doesnt involve me? Regardless of someone's backlog, every member of this website keeps buying games like its some kind of disease. Nothing but happiness for those that got in on the deal and for those who felt the need to sit this one out. Its the holidays guy. Rawr!

What happened? B2G2 free. When did this start? I missed out big time. I'll go in store tomorrow and see what I can get.
Offfffff

Legendary sale

Pretty much 1st party switch games come out to be 20 bucks for a set of 4

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sadly, this topic was discussed on Reddit.

GS policy is to sell the "worst" copy first, in hopes that the customer will accept it (and not return it).

The idea is that the final good / great shape copy [copies] will sell easy-peasy, without incident. If someone returns a game that never came with an original case, or it had a crappy label, that goes right to the top, as the next sellable game (if someone returns, they can exchange cases, or even the crappy label game itself, without starting a return,).

It was a corporate mandate, IIRC.

Push garbage on those who don't care ... give phony apology those who do care, and make it "right" ...
This is not a corporate policy. Don't believe everything you read on reditt.

I gave in and bought A plage tale innocence, samurai shodown, Street fighter 30th collection, and okami. Had to put a destiny ghost filler to get free shipping after cag16.

Almost got gravity rush 2 but I think it was free for ps plus. I don’t think I’d be playing gravity rush 1 but we’ll see.

once again i wish i could predict the future since this is definitely a much better deal than Black Friday. Since I will be selling one of my games i pretty much paid $12 for 3 games that go for $35. Idk if they'll get here on time or when the $5 Switch deal will be back after but also managed to get some games I'm somehwhat interested in but am more keen on reselling asap to make a nice profit

i really hope CAG16 isnt dead for good but im not surprised they pulled the plug on it though things would be much crazier if store pickup was available 

Lol. I picked up Link’s Awakening, FE:3 Houses and DQ Builders 2 during the B2G1 on BF. I picked up many other games at Target, E-shop and BB recently but just those 3 should last me a bit.

I’m not salty and am happy for those that got in on the deal. BTW, the reason I missed this deal is that I was hanging out with my wife, kids and loved ones so I wasn’t on my CAG game last night. Not everyone sees life the way you see it. It doesn’t matter, though. You believe what you want.

Merry Christmas!!

This is not a corporate policy. Don't believe everything you read on reditt.
I'll acknowledge this counter, as I never actually saw the smoking gun to this claim, where GS corporate is telling employees to sell the worst condition first.

But it does make sense for store managers, at least. Online sales are a guaranteed sale. In-store, is not. Why not make the in-store items look to be as best-as-possible, to promote more sales in-store? [and send the garbage out via online to a distant place, that doesn't affect "you".]

Get rid of the junk, let someone else deal with returns, in another state/county. Keep your own store with high metrics / surveys, keeping the high quality merchandise.

Anecdotally, sometimes when I grab & bring a generic case game to the counter to buy the game, they swap it out and give me an authentic case / artwork. I give them a glowing survey every time. I could only imagine employees didn't have time to update the shelf .. but maybe, just maybe, they are waiting for some rude guy / entitled bitch to come by, and want to buy the game. "Those" people get the generic case.

oh well, my 2 PUP's.

I hope that CAG16 will be back after the B2G2 promotion is over. It’s great to have around especially when there are no other promotions going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back