2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it does. I'd be pissed if Slickdeals killed it in a day.
Once a code goes from from small niche to mainstream, it's over.

It could be brought back under a different code, but if Slickdeals popularizes again how it stacks, that will be killed too.

Slickdeals promoted their website, got ad revenue, yet killed deals for us .. thanks. Hope Slickdeals choke on those ad revenues. Assholes.

I hope it does. I'd be pissed if Slickdeals killed it in a day.

Once a code goes from from small niche to mainstream, it's over.

It could be brought back under a different code, but if Slickdeals popularizes again how it stacks, that will be killed too.

Slickdeals promoted their website, got ad revenue, yet killed deals for us .. thanks. Hope you choke on those ad revenues.
It's left and returned a half-dozen times now; no need to panic just yet.

First one I remember was around when elite pro came out, and Cheapy had to be called in to pull strings and get it enabled again; as-is, though, hasn't been needed for a while now.

Always wondered what the history behind that code was, though. Seems weird to make a discount code named after, and directed to, a forum filled with the exact kinds of people what would historically abuse it. Must be some truth to it fluffing their metrics? :V

Slickdeals is bad for deals.
Kills them.
I have 48000 or so points in pur
Never used it before.
How best to use it?
What not to do?
Thanks

Ordered (all PS4):

Tales of Vesperia

Dead Cells

MediEvil

My Time at Portia

$17.99 ea, so $36 ($9 ea) + tax. $17.99 is a good game price to aim for after cag16 died to hit the $35 minimum for free shipping.

First one I remember was around when elite pro came out, and Cheapy had to be called in to pull strings and get it enabled again; as-is, though, hasn't been needed for a while now.

Always wondered what the history behind that code was, though. Seems weird to make a discount code named after, and directed to, a forum filled with the exact kinds of people what would historically abuse it. Must be some truth to it fluffing their metrics? :V
Yeah wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't reactivate after this weekend and Cheapy has to come in again. Can't imagine how many orders were submitted from SD alone. It made frontpage there pretty quickly, think about an hour or so after the sale went live.

It just started today on the website, maybe last night. And starts in-store tomorrow. You havent missed out.

I just bought another 16 games. Either I got beat to the Pokemon DS games or they still havent restocked from Black Friday.
Most likely out of stock from the B1G1. One Soulsilver and one Heartgold were fake copies. They didn’t have even ship alone
In BV2 to me.

Kills them.
Never used it before.
How best to use it?
What not to do?
Thanks
I would redeem the points in store. Preowned certs cost less than regular ones if you are looking at used games. Best to use them on what you are after. Were you looking to use them with the B2G2 sale?

had a bunch of my stuff in my cart last night when it first went live, didnt pull the trigger. had a bunch this morning when CAG16 was still working, didnt pull the trigger. i think im just getting tired of buying games i never play. i must be getting old.

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't reactivate after this weekend and Cheapy has to come in again. Can't imagine how many orders were submitted from SD alone. It made frontpage there pretty quickly, think about an hour or so after the sale went live.
lol, imagine how many orders were submitted from CAG (all the posters talking about it plus all the lurkers)? A lot of the same people use both sites. There are hoarders everywhere, just be happy if you got some games to play (and by that I mean flip)

Great Christmas gift from Gamestop, now just hope their trade values don't tank.

I have not received points on my last two system trade-ins one was an Xbox One phat last Thursday and than my Xbox One X on Tuesday. I did receive point on other things that I purchased on the same day on different receipts. Anyway I can get those points for those trade ins without a phone call?

Kills them.
Never used it before.
How best to use it?
What not to do?
Thanks
Slickdeals is bad for deals? They are the best out there TBH. I scored me 2x A7III Sony Camera (worth $2000) for $100 each this year because of SD and flipped one locally for $1800 cash.

When I see video game deals posted on SD that are not on CAG I'm usually the guy (other CAGers also) that comes here and posts it right away too. I have it setup that video games in general posted on SD alerts me instantly. I believe both websites leech off deals from one another lol.

Has anyone tried using the PC accessories promotion? I was wondering if there are any cheap accessories that work for the promotion, since the $5 Switch bonus will be gone pretty soon. 

dark souls remastered
berserk and the band of the hawk
transformers devastation
dragon quest xi

for $38 i'm pretty happy.  i'm glad I held off on many of the previous offers from them.  not looking forward to dark souls though.  only beaten ds3 and bloodborne so going back such an early game in the series will be tough

GS wasn't in bankruptcy 2 years ago though :)

--

Fulfilling their metrics, yes. Lose money, yet gain stock value confidence, to boost quarterly earnings reports. The bottom already fell through, though earlier this year :)

After GS's inventory is gone for popular / expensive pre-owned games, they hardly need CAG16 back anytime soon. Maybe they will allow it to work on old football / NBA games..

had a bunch of my stuff in my cart last night when it first went live, didnt pull the trigger. had a bunch this morning when CAG16 was still working, didnt pull the trigger. i think im just getting tired of buying games i never play. i must be getting old.
I’m getting old and I just buy games when there’s good deals nowadays unless it’s a game I really want then I pre order. My backlog is real and I just pretty much bought almost every game that I want that’s why I’m running out of games to buy lol but I caved in and bought 4 more with the b2g2 knowing I won’t play them anytime soon.

Slickdeals is bad for deals? They are the best out there TBH. I scored me 2x A7III Sony Camera (worth $2000) for $100 each this year because of SD and flipped one locally for $1800 cash.

When I see video game deals posted on SD that are not on CAG I'm usually the guy (other CAGers also) that comes here and posts it right away too. I have it setup that video games in general posted on SD alerts me instantly. I believe both websites leech off deals from one another lol.
Pretty sure he meant “bad” as in the popularity of the site results in deals getting killed quicker due to the hordes of customers descending on the websites offering the deals.

Same thing happened to me after buying the usual suspects...held off last night to see what I wanted this morning and of course the deal died before I could get to them. B2g2 is still awesome without cag16 but now i feel dumb buying what i could have had cheaper haha

Really, that's usually me these days. But I still buy games I don't want or know I won't play... and then wonder why I bought them.

When is the last time anyone received points?
I was wondering that recently and it seems like points take a bit before they're added to your account. Last go was during BF when it took like 2 days for my points to show up.

Not fairing too well with GameStop.com orders lately. A couple weeks back a “new” Switch game arrived as cartridge only. Christmas Eve my copy of Ghostbusters for Switch arrived.
[attachment=33435:2D2B74E0-1982-4419-9A8E-D12AE5E9AEC6.jpeg]

I've been looking at deals online for the past 20 years. Used to be deals would last two weeks or longer before they were killed. Then came FatWallet. When I go into Staples and employees would be talking about FatWallet I knew it was all over. Shame.
I love Slickdeals.
But, once you post there, deal is generally dead.
Loose lips.
It is harder to share the most fun deals now.
Used to be, do this than that then this. Free stuff!
Now. Look, it's a sale.

This place is still like the old ones.
Greatful for it.

So, I think it was ebgames was going out of business. Told everyone I knew about it. Or babbages? Not sure. Posted online. So, for 2 months my brother would buy fatty bear from one store in the mall and trade it in at the store at the other end of the mall. And anywhere else he could find it. Don't know how lechemer figured in. But he had at least $3000 in credit for the store. I didn't know. All I know is that I walked into a store one day and they had at least a hundred copies of fatty bear on the shelf...

I laughed my ass off.
I knew instantly where they came from.

I’m getting old and I just buy games when there’s good deals nowadays unless it’s a game I really want then I pre order. My backlog is real and I just pretty much bought almost every game that I want that’s why I’m running out of games to buy lol but I caved in and bought 4 more with the b2g2 knowing I won’t play them anytime soon.
When I could only afford one game at a time, gaming seemed more enjoyable... then again that was when I first started playing games like 15 years ago, so that could also have something to do with it. Now I don't even buy games that I want, so much as buy games that I know will turn a profit (that I can either boomerang at GS or flip to Amazon).

csac is on gs website now, it doesnt mention ca like it used to but its mentioned on the ad

csac is on gs website now, it doesnt mention ca like it used to but its mentioned on the ad
Too bad the extra $50 for a system ended yesterday, but if it lasts until 1-19-2020, we could sell back all those B2G2 at a decent rate maybe... ($25 TC to $33 ?)

Hmmm. It'll really be a hit or miss with the b2g2 in stores. I went to a store in my area that shows it has Astral Chain/Pokemon Sword/Mario Maker/Mario Party used in stock. Got there at 745am cause on Google it showed they will open at 8am, but in reality they don't open until 9am today. However peaking through the front door, I literally see employees grabbing used games and preparing them to be shipped out to fullfill the online orders. Everything might be gone anyways by the time store open.

Hmmm. It'll really be a hit or miss with the b2g2 in stores. I went to a store in my area that shows it has Astral Chain/Pokemon Sword/Mario Maker/Mario Party used in stock. Got there at 745am cause on Google it showed they will open at 8am, but in reality they don't open until 9am today. However peaking through the front door, I literally see employees grabbing used games and preparing them to be shipped out to fullfill the online orders. Everything might be gone anyways by the time store open.
Any high dollar Switch game will go fast. I really only need/want Luigi's Mansion 3 right now but no stores near me have it used, anything else I'd pick up would be stuff like Pokemon Sword/Shield so I can flip them.

Has anyone seen the trade in values, especially for cash?

GameStop is going to get so boned today with that B2G2 used deal I almost feel bad. Like you could get a usually $60 new game for $10 if you trade in the other 3 (assuming you pick up expensive games for your other 3).

Got to the Gamestop by me like 15 minutes after they opened and was able to get what I wanted. Was able to get Astral Chain, Links Awakening, Ultimate Alliance 3, and Super Mario Odyssey. There were only two employees there and it didn't look like they were packing anything up for online orders. The Switch games seemed decently stocked at this store as well.

I found Pokemon Shield, Link's Awakening, Breath of the Wild, and Mario Odyssey.  Mario Odyssey was a Starter edition that someone traded in (had the trade hold sticker, so it wasn't a conversion).  No Luigi's Mansion 3 anywhere.

Stopped by my two local GS looking for Luigi's Mansion. Second store told me there is no used Luigi within 100 mi. Even new copies are sold out at most of the GS around here.

The only other Switch games I wanted were DQ11 and Ys VIII (although Ys I should probably get on PS4 for the 60fps). Just going to stick with the 4x $17.99 PS4 games I ordered yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back