2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I’m from GA but on vacation in TX, can anyone tell me if GS requires IDs for trades here? If they do I’m just gonna stock up on games out here and then bring em back to GA w me
Yes in tx they are going to ask you for your id if your receiving cash...if your getting store credit they won’t ask for anything besides your phone number to find your pro membership

So am I going to get like banned if I buy 8 used Switch games and trade in 6 of them so 2 of the games are free lmao?

I’m just curious if I trade them in at another store across the road are they going to go, “you just bought these” or don’t they look at your last transaction when trading them in?

So am I going to get like banned if I buy 8 used Switch games and trade in 6 of them so 2 of the games are free lmao?

I’m just curious if I trade them in at another store across the road are they going to go, “you just bought these” or don’t they look at your last transaction when trading them in?
you should be fine, just take the stickers off before you go in store to do the trades

-Do not trade in more than one of the same title, on the same platform, in a single trade

-Do not trade in more than 4 of the same title, on the same platform, in a 30-day rolling period

-Do not trade in more than $2000 credit worth of merchandise in a 30-day rolling period

-*Plus Do not trade over $500 cash limit on CSAC in a 30 day rolling period, apparently; thanks

Hard and fast are those *four, I believe. Beyond that, though, most people "read" their region's stores; you getting called out on transaction history entirely depends on employee and atmosphere at the store. There's nothing particularly disallowing that kind of thing, so it all depends on if the employee gets off on unnecessary, pointless confrontation at their own expense.

Most people what I've seen choose a set of nearby stores to buy at, and another to flip at, to mitigate things; I've personally also gotten a handle on one or two cashiers more likely than others to give me guff, and just avoid them around then. Worst comes to worst, though, all you need to do is sputter out a few lines of off-the-cuff BS; 'yeah, I did, but realized on getting home I actually bought these before, lol, maybe I need to curb my spending a bit." or some such.

-Do not trade in more than one of the same title, on the same platform, in a single trade

-Do not trade in more than 4 of the same title, on the same platform, in a 30-day rolling period

-Do not trade in more than $2000 credit worth of merchandise in a 30-day rolling period

Hard and fast are those three, I believe. Beyond that, though, most people "read" their region's stores; you getting called out on transaction history entirely depends on employee and atmosphere at the store. There's nothing particularly disallowing that kind of thing, so it all depends on if the employee gets off on unnecessary, pointless confrontation at their own expense.

Most people what I've seen choose a set of nearby stores to buy at, and another to flip at, to mitigate things; I've personally also gotten a handle on one or two cashiers more likely than others to give me guff, and just avoid them around then. Worst comes to worst, though, all you need to do is sputter out a few lines of off-the-cuff BS; 'yeah, I did, but realized on getting home I actually bought these before, lol, maybe I need to curb my spending a bit." or some such.
Plus $500 cash limit on CSAC in a 30 day rolling period.

Heads up to anyone in CT, the stores that used to do 50% extra when there was same cash don’t anymore. I guess they are allowed to give out cash now. Could have made today insane but still did very good.

If I bought a bunch of switch games during the last B2G1, could I just return them in store and use B2G2 to rebuy them?
https://www.gamestop.com/deals/holiday-hub

Any product purchased between November 1 and December 24, 2019 may be returned with receipt by January 15, 2020. Product must be in resale condition. Package for new product must be unopened.
YMMV, but return/rebuy's usually honored, so unless they're salty with the holiday blues there's nothing stopping you. Just ask 'em is my suggestion.

this is going to be a field day for those in sonny california...this may be even better than summer 2017 flipapocalypse.

crazy as it sound, this may actually keep your local gamestop in business for another few months reporting stronger than expected pre-owned transaction with fake profit projections. lol.....

$15 base for Wii Sports if you can find it. No stores within 100 miles have it in stock in my area
Nice. I have like 3x Wii sports that I bought from the thrift stores for $3 each this past month. Gonna go trade them now. Thanks.

Was able to grab Astral Chain, DQ XI, YS VII and MUA 3 and my local gamestop during lunch. Only got the original case for Astral Chain and MUA 3 tho. Also the YS VII was a conversion from a new copy since they lost the original case, since it came with the extra's.

Cash is tracked separately from credit?
No, every trade is put against your trade limit, whether cash or credit. Cash accumulates 4X faster than store credit, against your $2k limit.

Some examples to stay "safe":

$0 cash, $2000 store credit.

$200 cash, $1200 store credit

$400 cash, $400 store credit.

$500 cash, $0 store credit.

Or any combination there'in. This is my understanding. If anyone has anecdotal evidence otherwise, please jump in.

Was able to grab Astral Chain, DQ XI, YS VII and MUA 3 and my local gamestop during lunch. Only got the original case for Astral Chain and MUA 3 tho. Also the YS VII was a conversion from a new copy since they lost the original case, since it came with the extra's.
Y's VIII (I assume you meant "8", not "7") is a fantastic game, my favorite game of 2019 (OK really came out in 2018, didn't it?) for the Switch. I guess something for you to look for, if you intend to keep it, is a foldout map of the island, and a pack of trading cards, both came with sealed copies (but findable if you buy and return enough copies..) .. .

Astral Chain and DQ11 were fantastic also. MUA3 IMO is just a lackluster button masher with an uninspired .. everything... it's good if you need help going to sleep.

Enjoy your games!

No, every trade is put against your trade limit, whether cash or credit. Cash accumulates 4X faster than store credit, against your $2k limit.

Or any combination there'in. This is my understanding. If anyone has anecdotal evidence otherwise, please jump in.
Well, if they are tracked together, I will definitely get trade banned tomorrow! I had thought they were tracked separate and the store manager didn't seem to think there was a cash limit.. but I will find out!

(I mean, I pulled $500 + 200 trade credit from the first store, then went to a few more nearby GSs to flip to the games I wanted and make a little extra TC on the side... so I guess I'll be going on vacation from GS for a while... )

That’s crazy

-*Plus Do not trade over $500 cash limit on CSAC in a 30 day rolling period, apparently; thanks

Hard and fast are those *four, I believe. Beyond that, though, most people "read" their region's stores; you getting called out on transaction history entirely depends on employee and atmosphere at the store. There's nothing particularly disallowing that kind of thing, so it all depends on if the employee gets off on unnecessary, pointless confrontation at their own expense.

First one is not true. I’ve consistently traded 2-3 copies of the same game in one transaction and have never gotten banned. It’s a store policy depending on your district, but the employees here never seem to care. You’re fine as long as you don’t trade more than 4 copies in a rolling 30 day period.

Yes in tx they are going to ask you for your id if your receiving cash...if your getting store credit they won’t ask for anything besides your phone number to find your pro membership
Thanks! Gonna have a field day on my free time :) might just go ahead and ban my accounts. Only thing I don’t like about Texas so far is that you guys charge tax on trade credit

I don't trade games in at Gamestop. I trade them on sites like gametz( have yet to trade any physical games here) or sell them locally. Gamestop always wants to give you barely anything for a game. I remember a game they would take for $5 that I sold on offerup for $25. All these posts about trading in games there don't make sense to me. It's different pricing online and in person? I live in Southern California so games trade in/get sold higher here? I have Super Smash Bros for 3DS that I have on offerup. Gamestop will give me $8.80 for it. It's going for $20-25 on offerup. What's so great about getting less money for your games?

I don't trade games in at Gamestop. I trade him on sites like gametz or sell them locally. Gamestop always wants to give you barely anything for a game. I remember a game they would take for $5 that I sold on offerup for $25. All these posts about trading in games there don't make sense to me. It's different pricing online and in person? I live in Southern California so games trade in/get sold higher here? I have Super Smash Bros for 3DS that I have on offerup. Gamestop will give me $8.80 for it. It's going for $20-25 on offerup. What's so great about getting less money for your games?
Less work, less chance to get scammed, guaranteed money, blah blah promos.

So when one is trade banned, I understand the duration is variable but can I still use and earn rewards points, get the Norma discounts, etc?

First one is not true. I’ve consistently traded 2-3 copies of the same game in one transaction and have never gotten banned. It’s a store policy depending on your district, but the employees here never seem to care.
It doesn't trigger a ban, it's just a rule all GameStops are supposed to follow. It's literally in the handbook.

So when one is trade banned, I understand the duration is variable but can I still use and earn rewards points, get the Norma discounts, etc?
Correct if wrong, anyone, but it depends on the severity of the ban. Generally 30 days or 90 days, for smaller "oopsie!" moments.

You'll know tomorrow morning - when you log on, if your acquired Power Up Points shows a blank field, then you are toast - and some employee went out of their way to have you perma banned. Unlikely, unless you really pissed someone off...

If it shows points, then you are still active with GS, albeit, you can't trade stuff in any longer (if that is really the case). Trade credit is still good, points are still good.

But (outside of a blank points field) there is really no way to know for sure if you are temporarily banned, until you try to trade something in later. Let us know how it goes, along with your +trade credit and +cash in the pas 30 days from today (rolling month).

A message appearing on the employee's computer, indicating that the customer has exceed their trade limit value, isn't the end of the world. I've been temp banned before - the employee even showed me the message, for shits and giggles.

To the original meat of the post: You may be able to still use points. And you will still earn points when you buy items from GS. As long as your account isn't hosed. I really don't know the details regarding your suspicion of being banned... you mentioned cash in another post .. but how "much" cash did you take out? A couple hundred, or a couple thousand across the region .. etc.

I don't trade games in at Gamestop. I trade them on sites like gametz( have yet to trade any physical games here) or sell them locally. Gamestop always wants to give you barely anything for a game. I remember a game they would take for $5 that I sold on offerup for $25. All these posts about trading in games there don't make sense to me. It's different pricing online and in person? I live in Southern California so games trade in/get sold higher here? I have Super Smash Bros for 3DS that I have on offerup. Gamestop will give me $8.80 for it. It's going for $20-25 on offerup. What's so great about getting less money for your games?
It depends on the game and the value given. $36+ for first-party Switch games? That’s an easy trade to GS versus selling yourself. And good luck selling Wii Sports for $20 online.

People have reported in the past that the cash and credit limits are separate. I recall someone having $1800 in store credit trades and a couple hundred in cash trades and was not banned.

For the B2G2 it's not advised to use those preowned certificates that you can trade points for right? From what I remember when I used it once for B2G1 it ended up discounting the game that ended up free.

For the B2G2 it's not advised to use those preowned certificates that you can trade points for right? From what I remember when I used it once for B2G1 it ended up discounting the game that ended up free.
You can use them but the catch is drop the price of the highest to match the other 3 game , on a $25 game use a $5 drop it $20 and pick 3 other $20 game that make 2 free, there is no point of using them if you going to get all $55 games it take the amount of the free game

This Cali bonus is incredible, traded in sword for $59.50 & 21 other titles.

Waiting on 39 titles coming in the mail from the B2G2 I ordered on Xmas. Nothing has shipped yet tho :/.

Also I think the trade card credit limit changed. I had to get a new card.

Got shipping information for 3 orders I put in at 3am yesterday. None of my orders had big games like Mario. Still waiting on a bunch of other orders to ship

went to a store this morning to beat the post holiday crowd and ended up with the Surge II limited edition which had been converted to pre-owned, call of cthulu, ezio collection, and slay the spire for 57 after pro discount and taxes. May check out a few other stores as mine was lacking games with cases.

Glad I checked the app before wasting my time going out after work. Would have to go to 4 stores and spend 3 hours to make it remotely worth it because shelves have been absolutely swept clean at this point in the day. If only we didn't have CSAC here.

People have reported in the past that the cash and credit limits are separate. I recall someone having $1800 in store credit trades and a couple hundred in cash trades and was not banned.
Same here. This was a year-ish ago, or maybe even 2 years, but I have definitely had, in one day, ~$450 cash and ~$1500 in trade credit at one store in 2 transactions. Traded in a ton of retro junk and beat up systems, several bins worth, and a PS4 Pro during a CSAC and either a bonus for volume or a pre-order. I'm willing to believe it's changed, but the accrual at 4x formula stuff mentioned early seems a bit complex for GS.

Don't be an idiot like me and redeem certificates at the end of a quarter... they expire in 4 days! haha

I was able to redeem rewards certs for Amazon GC, but not anything else non-gaming I tried (gas, ebay, home, food, etc) 

It won't stack, it's whichever is greater.
I see. but people should watch out for test store with lower trade value! I ran into one that was really good to me and they had to adjust the price manually on my prior trades. I didn't want to hassle with them so I had to go to another non test store

Is IP banning a thing here? If so, does this jack ass use a VPN for this gimmick garbage or something? Does this jackass PAY for a VPN if so?

Imagine being this broken inside your brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back