2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who, Omni99? First the mods came and banned IATCG, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't IATCG. Then they banned Dealseeker, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't Dealseeker. Then the mods came and banned Blackbeard. And I didn't speak up, because I wasn't Blackbeard. Then the mods came and banned gsdave, and I didn't speak up, because I hated him. Then the mods came and banned WigBuster. Who I think everyone hated so no real loss there. Then they came and banned Omni99. And no one was left to speak for him.

Ethically questionable, but you can return those games with an invoice value for that said value. I did it during the b1g1 on older games because some of them didn’t work and I received a refund higher than what I paid for certain games and they didn’t say anything about the games with an invoice of $0.
Yes I know this is ethnically questionable, I'm asking more because alot of people currently have partially shipped orders with remaining games awaiting stock and questionable whether it will be fulfilled in the end. What happens if Gamestop cancels all the awaiting stock games a week from now after half the order you receive is past the 7 day return deadline? You might end up paying full price for the 2 games. At least this way you can return the game you received and get your refund without having to worry about what if Gamestop doesn't send the rest.

Let's just say there was a reason Omni99 was banned and there's a reason why the mods are pretending not to know the reason. And let's just say there's a reason why his entire account and posts were wiped clean, which is something the mods only do for severe cases.

I traded in some games yesterday for cash - I try to avoid doing this but I wanted to recoup my initial investment since I started with no trade credit. 

The values were about 20% lower (Kirby Allies, Mario Tennis, couple of should be $30's) than the website.  Thing is, I traded into this store for credit two days prior to that and everything was alright.  

I checked with another store in the area and trade values were normal (higher).

If you get lowballed compared to the website, if possible check around!

Let's just say there was a reason Omni99 was banned and there's a reason why the mods are pretending not to know the reason. And let's just say there's a reason why his entire account and posts were wiped clean, which is something the mods only do for severe cases.
We can only speculate. But, the most obvious reasons would be:

1. Using referral links of his own in excel sheets or some other format, taking revenue away from the referral links CAG gets paid on.

2. CAG was threatened to remove his content, which was harming a company.

There could always be other reasons. Who knows. But, over the last 5 years, I've seen many contributors to this site come and go, people who were perceived as valuable assets to the community, who were just being valuable assets in order to monetize the audience of CAG in the form of referral links. Several names come to mind. People who were awesome contributors. Yet, the referral links were their bread and butter, and got them perma banned.

They don't just wipe an account clean from this site for no reason. Dealseeker, one of the legends, was banned for using his own referral links and his account was not nuked and his posts are still here even though he's banned. There's another reason that the mods are well aware of and are playing dumb. It's funny how the idiots tried to pressure the mods into giving a response by making a thread yet they didn't go along with it. Read between the lines.

I traded in some games yesterday for cash - I try to avoid doing this but I wanted to recoup my initial investment since I started with no trade credit.

The values were about 20% lower (Kirby Allies, Mario Tennis, couple of should be $30's) than the website. Thing is, I traded into this store for credit two days prior to that and everything was alright.

I checked with another store in the area and trade values were normal (higher).

If you get lowballed compared to the website, if possible check around!
Someone mentions this about every twenty posts. Some stores are explicitly told to lowball the trade value, but they must give the correct value if you call them on it and show the website/app value.

What happens if Gamestop cancels all the awaiting stock games a week from now after half the order you receive is past the 7 day return deadline?
Returns are open until the 15th for holiday period, rest easy my son.

(Alternatively, continue to salivate every time an order of 4 ~19.99 games you bought for $30 comes with receipts totaling $65+; ain't our cross to bear :V)

Returns are open until the 15th for holiday period, rest easy my son.
(Alternatively, continue to salivate every time an order of 4 19.99 games you bought for $30 comes with receipts totaling $65+, ain't our cross to bear. Or a particularly heavy one, I reckon.)
Even for used games, Are you sure?

Even for used games, Are you sure?
https://www.gamestop.com/deals/holiday-hub

Any product purchased between November 1 and December 24, 2019 may be returned with receipt by January 15, 2020. Product must be in resale condition. Package for new product must be unopened.
Probably 3rd time I've posted that now

Worst case is having to argue with a braindead associate what doesn't want to honor their own listed policies

E; actually disregard that I'm the braindead; only for Dec. 24 or earlier, no longer applies. Whoopsies!

Return away i guess

Maybe if you bought the games as intended and not to flip or take advantage, you wouldn't have to worry about holiday return policies.

Whatever happened to Strider Turbulence? I miss him. Does he still have an account on this site ever since his old one was banned? He had a Birdie avatar back then. He seems like he'd be a Mega Man 2 fan.

I complied a list of all the titles I ordered so I can keep track of what shipped/came in. A few 1st party switch titles showed back up online, ended up ordering a few more titles. Currently at 56 total now.

The combination of these two deals at thg same time seems nuts to me. I can understand wanting to boost the end-of-year numbers a bit... but at what cost? I'm not trading in any game more than once but I'm still definitely up a good chunk of credit and several good Switch games

Did Gamestop hire the marketing guys who did GameRush for Blockbuster to come up with their new deals? This feels a lot like all their hugely exploitable trade-in deals back in the early 2000s... for the few of you who remember that
Kinect Adventures selling for 99 cents at Gamestop and trading for $35 at Blockbuster was one of the highlights. I racked up around $8,000 in Blockbuster credit back in the day. They had so many awesome preowned DVD and Blu-ray sales to blow credit on as well, Good times.

Hey guys do you get power up points when say purchasing an ebay or amazon gift card? Also Gamestop employees are annoying. I used $80 of powerup points converted into coupons on ebay gift card and employee ran off to the back to go cry to his sl of how I got an $80 ebay gift card for free. So annoying!

Hey guys do you get power up points when say purchasing an ebay or amazon gift card? Also Gamestop employees are annoying. I used $80 of powerup points converted into coupons on ebay gift card and employee ran off to the back to go cry to his sl of how I got an $80 ebay gift card for free. So annoying!
Was the eBay card a variable card like $20-100 or a fixed value?

Is there a way to track your trade in activity through the website? Used to be able to look up your activity through PUR, but I’m not seeing that level of detail anymore.

I'm confused. I signed up for PUR again when the B2G2 sale went live. My understanding is you're supposed to get 20 points for dollar spent?

Well I made a transaction for $111 ($20 of that was PUR, so even taking that out, $91) and then another transaction after that for $91. I just had points deposit for one of the transactions, but it was only 840, which would be equivalent to one of them if you subtract taxes, but only for 10 points for dollar spent.

Did they screw up with my points or am I misunderstanding something?

I had similar things happen on orders for items priced under $10. Like someone else said, I think it ends up mixing in a buy 4 for $20 deal. My suggestion is to do two separate transactions. One with items in the $10-20 range (ideally all the same price) and then another for the items priced $5-8. Try to get the orders over $35 for free shipping.
Thank you for the response. This is exactly what is going on. Looks like the 4 for 20 deal goes till the 31st and the buy 2 get 2 goes till the 1st (according to the GS app). I will try and wait this one out.

I was able to get $125 in gas cards yesterday, so definitely not dead yet. Gonna try and get more and will report back today.

Thank you for the response. This is exactly what is going on. Looks like the 4 for 20 deal goes till the 31st and the buy 2 get 2 goes till the 1st (according to the GS app). I will try and wait this one out.
Flyer says the B2G2 ends today (Sunday the 29th) but I really hope you're right

Looks like some games just took a hike up in prices, Days Gone ($38) and Spiderman ($28). I'd hop on the B2G2 ASAP if your still on the fence, as the last holiday deals are most likely ending tonight.

Looks like some games just took a hike up in prices, Days Gone ($38) and Spiderman ($28). I'd hop on the B2G2 ASAP if your still on the fence, as the last holiday deals are most likely ending tonight.
Damn, I forgot those were a part of Sony's sale that ended on the 28th. Not a terrible loss since I haven't seen them in stock at any stores around me anyway.

Damn, I forgot those were a part of Sony's sale that ended on the 28th. Not a terrible loss since I haven't seen them in stock at any stores around me anyway.
Not exactly just Sony games, browsed some games and Bloodstained shot up for $25 used too

I'm confused. I signed up for PUR again when the B2G2 sale went live. My understanding is you're supposed to get 20 points for dollar spent?

Well I made a transaction for $111 ($20 of that was PUR, so even taking that out, $91) and then another transaction after that for $91. I just had points deposit for one of the transactions, but it was only 840, which would be equivalent to one of them if you subtract taxes, but only for 10 points for dollar spent.

Did they screw up with my points or am I misunderstanding something?
now really isnt the time for points questions. alot of the people here dont get points at all. in some test markets the new pur pro doesnt give bonus points. some gets points for purchases but not trades. it is really difficult for anyone to help you unless they live and shop in the same district as you because of how gamestop seems to be testing different policies in different stores.

Speaking of points I lost 1200 points on my account for my nephew returning the copy of Pokémon Sheild I got him for Christmas and he returned it with a gift receipt. I thought the gift receipt takes my account out of the equation?

now really isnt the time for points questions. alot of the people here dont get points at all. in some test markets the new pur pro doesnt give bonus points. some gets points for purchases but not trades. it is really difficult for anyone to help you unless they live and shop in the same district as you because of how gamestop seems to be testing different policies in different stores.
I'm just going off what the website said when I reupped. And my transactions were all online orders, so test markets shouldn't apply to that?

Speaking of points I lost 1200 points on my account for my nephew returning the copy of Pokémon Sheild I got him for Christmas and he returned it with a gift receipt. I thought the gift receipt takes my account out of the equation?
Gift receipts contain a PUR# originally purchased on attached to them.

I'm just going off what the website said when I reupped. And my transactions were all online orders, so test markets shouldn't apply to that?
On this topic, I never received points from the-Friday-last-week (12/20/19). I should have received somewhere along the lines of 8k points, but never got added. From the B2G2 deals I seem to have only been awarded 15 points per dollar spent, instead of 30. Everything else eyeballs OK.

Maybe it was cut in half on the B2G2 because of the free games? It seems to be evenly cut in half.

The lost points on the-Friday-before (12/20/19) were brought up on Reddit by multiple customers as well. So it wasn't just me. Yeah it could have been a server connectivity glitch .. but it could also be a test, to see the percentage of people who call CS to complain, or to see who even notices / cares. [I'm not about to complain, having ~$8-$10 in points-to-credit isn't worth the risk of someone looking at my purchase / sales history. -- so I guess they win.]

It's something to keep an eye on. Because many of the smaller gains rely on large point bonus's to make it worth burning gas on. Take the points away, and meh... (good if you are near GS anyways, but not worth making a special trip for.)

I had exactly the same issue with points. Some of my orders gave 840 points and one gave 0. I assume it’s due to the amount of games that have shipped, since the fully completed orders gave 1680 points. I hope the points will update when the other games ship, but somehow I doubt that will be the case.

What’s the best way to contact GameStop about missing points? I’m still missing points for a phat Xbox One trade in and Xbox One S purchase and a trade in of an Xbox One X and purchase of one.

I had exactly the same issue with points. Some of my orders gave 840 points and one gave 0. I assume it’s due to the amount of games that have shipped, since the fully completed orders gave 1680 points. I hope the points will update when the other games ship, but somehow I doubt that will be the case.
I filled out the contact us form on the website. It's not a big deal if they don't do anything, but I figured I'd try. I don't have anything on my account that would raise red flags.

went to a store to grab some switch games...app said they had Luigi's mansion...they did not and i went up to the counter with some "slightly less upper tier" games, lol, but then saw a stack with Pokemon Sword, Shield, and Link's awakening...asked if they were new cases or trades and was told "oh, those are pre-owned"...ending up grabbing those three and octopath...

Debating whether I should call them after everything has shipped. I don't have anything in terms of trade-ins that would raise suspicion because this is a buy-only account, but the sheer amount of games that I've bought might be questionable. 

Debating whether I should call them after everything has shipped. I don't have anything in terms of trade-ins that would raise suspicion because this is a buy-only account, but the sheer amount of games that I've bought might be questionable.
I'll post an update if anything ends up happening from the Contact Us form. I've had such poor luck with their phone customer service in the past that I don't even want to bother with that headache over a missing 850ish points. But it also gets me that much closer to a free preowned game, so we'll see how it pans out.

LOL. Speaking of rewards points, I just logged in to check. Last I saw yesterday was ~8K points and now it shows 62K. Not everything has shipped either.  :shock:

Just to confirmed, trade credit limit and cash limted is separate right? I'm sure I'm at the credit limit or will exceed it with this trade, so I'm considering going for the cash.

Got some games in yesterday, from my online order. Yoshi & SMP no cases -_-.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back