2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather not talk about it. :D

Like a 3rd of my orders were before the PUR kicked in too. I wasn't counting on any points at all, so I'm pleasantly surprised to get *any*
I wasn't expecting to spend very much after getting the Death Stranding console

But the b2g2 led me to getting a switch and every 1st party switch game plus more

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For all of you getting switch games with the B2G2 deal. Don’t forget to check and see if you can claim / redeem the 60 gold coins for each game as part of the My Nintendo rewards (RIP Club Nintendo)

Thinking most of you should luck out as most people don’t redeem these and while it will only add up to a few dollars you can put it towards the Luigi’s Mansion 3 DLC or Smash Bros Fighter pass 2 DLC which is likely when purchased through the EShop

For all of you getting switch games with the B2G2 deal. Don’t forget to check and see if you can claim / redeem the 60 gold coins for each game as part of the My Nintendo rewards (RIP Club Nintendo)

Thinking most of you should luck out as most people don’t redeem these and while it will only add up to a few dollars you can put it towards the Luigi’s Mansion 3 DLC or Smash Bros Fighter pack 2 DLC which is likely when purchased through the EShop
eShop games, whee!

Got 2 ps3 controllers to trade in perfect condition but they are dead do they need to have some juice in them for them to take them?

So I did a bunch of trade ins yesterday since my state does 50 percent bonus right now. I went to 7 stores and didn’t have any trouble in them besides one. They told me that any game without a case is charged a refurb fee. I insisted that they are incorrect. Long story short I contacted the DL and he told me that any store that isn’t charging a refurb fee for incomplete games is incorrect as it was put in a new memo

Good but games with a generic GameStop case shouldn’t get charged a fee in my opinion. Like you got them from GameStop it came with that generic case

They told me that any game without a case is charged a refurb fee. I insisted that they are incorrect.

It literally says on Gamestop’s App:

“Don’t have the game box? Not a problem as Gamestop offers the same amazing trade price even without the game box.”

So that employee was probably just being a dingus.

If the MEMO was real and we are going to start needing cases and artwork for full trade value, at least we can find some solace in the fact RedBox isn’t restocking games any time soon. I assume a lot of GameStop’s Preowned section without original cases is from RedBox trades. God bless the times that are a changin’

It literally says on Gamestop’s App:

“Don’t have the game box? Not a problem as Gamestop offers the same amazing trade price even without the game box.”

So that employee was probably just being a dingus.

If the MEMO was real and we are going to start needing cases and artwork for full trade value, at least we can find some solace in the fact RedBox isn’t restocking games any time soon. I assume a lot of GameStop’s Preowned section without original cases is from RedBox trades. God bless the times that are a changin’
Out of curiosity where does it say that at? The employee told me that it’s been in the memos since September. I do not believe her or her DL and plan on causing a big stink about it. I just need enough evidence to prove that what her DL and her told me are incorrect

Out of curiosity where does it say that at? The employee told me that it’s been in the memos since September. I do not believe her or her DL and plan on causing a big stink about it. I just need enough evidence to prove that what her DL and her told me are incorrect

I have a screenshot I can post just not sure what’s acceptable but honestly, pick a game, any game, and check the trade value on THE APP. Right under the values offered is the quote I mentioned above stating they offer same values case or no case.

It’s always been there for me. There’s an option to not show the “reminder” again, but I’ve always let it show, just in case something like what happened to you happens to me.

I can definitely send you a screenshot though if that helps, but download the app and try it for yourself! (It should be there hopefully)

I have a screenshot I can post just not sure what’s acceptable but honestly, pick a game, any game, and check the trade value on THE APP. Right under the values offered is the quote I mentioned above stating they offer same values case or no case.

It’s always been there for me. There’s an option to not show the “reminder” again, but I’ve always let it show, just in case something like what happened to you happens to me.

I can definitely send you a screenshot though if that helps, but download the app and try it for yourself! (It should be there hopefully)
I was able to find it, thank you!
I haven’t really traded into gamestop or done flipping in awhile because of the discrepancies. But this has taken it to another level, she literally insisted and wouldn’t back down that she was right and basically everyone else was wrong. I plan on taking this to cooperate if I have to

I keep thinking I can go back and snag some cheaper games at a good price compared to the $90 I spent on my first two orders on Christmas with CAG16 and before the inflated prices.

Some indie titles in the mid-$20s end up being about $61 and that feels like too much after spoiling myself with seven first party Nintendo games and Witcher 3 for the Switch. Wish I had pulled the trigger on a third order early Christmas morning like I was planning to do.

I guess that's good enough.

So if my B2G2 order from 4 days ago still has 2 games "waiting for inventory", should I expect them to cancel it soon?  Then will I have to return the 2 items that did ship within 7 days so that I don't risk paying full price for them?

So if my B2G2 order from 4 days ago still has 2 games "waiting for inventory", should I expect them to cancel it soon? Then will I have to return the 2 items that did ship within 7 days so that I don't risk paying full price for them?
My guess is that now that b2g2 is over in stores (supposedly). All the AAA switch titles being traded in next week won't immediately be bought up and they can actually fullfill the online orders with those.

Thinking most of you should luck out as most people don’t redeem these and while it will only add up to a few dollars you can put it towards the Luigi’s Mansion 3 DLC or Smash Bros Fighter pass 2 DLC which is likely when purchased through the EShop
OMG thank you for this, had no idea this was even a thing. I literally just checked and aside from 2 games were gold coins expired, the other 18 games all had the gold coins unredeemed. I ended up just buying Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle with it for the Gold coins + $5 since its on sale.

The 20% bonus trade in towards DBZ doesn't stack with the $5 bonus on Switch games right? Which one is the better promo?
If you are trading Switch games with a base value less than $25 (but $2 or greater), then the $5 promo is better. Switch games with $25 base value, they are equivalent. If you are trading anything (games for other systems, or Switch games greater than $25 base value), the 20% is slightly better, though personally I don't think it is enough of a value difference to make it worth the pre-order unless you actually want the game and need to have it at release.

So out of 27 orders, I got my first cancellation. 2x Luigi’s Mansion and 2x Dragon quest XI. Still pending on 11 games but those are all awaiting availability. Everything else expected delivery date or tomorrow or Tuesday but that’s not likely haha

So out of 27 orders, I got my first cancellation. 2x Luigi’s Mansion and 2x Dragon quest XI. Still pending on 11 games but those are all awaiting availability. Everything else expected delivery date or tomorrow or Tuesday but that’s not likely haha
Damn. Were those games all part of the same order? Curious if you're going to bother to contact customer service over correcting the cancellations or just let it slide with the amount you bought. Keep us posted!

I've got nothing cancelled yet with most 25th orders that shipped arriving today/tomorrow as well.

Everything $49.99 and under has shipped (except 1x Bloodstained)
21/24 $54.99 switch games have shipped
2 awaiting product availability (MK8 x2)
1 Preparing shipment (MK8) edit: shipped

CAG16 still disabled :(

Could I trade $33 base Switch games in + $5 bonus trade credit + 20% bonus toward Dragon Ball Z? I assume no since both offers say "Cannot be combined with any other offer."

Would it be in poor taste to take the 20% offer ($39.60 total) and then cancel the pre order? I believe I remember others saying you only need to apply $5 to the pre-order (allowing to get the 20% bump on multiple trade ins).

End goal is to use trade credit toward Animal Crossing (3/20).

Could I trade $33 base Switch games in + $5 bonus trade credit + 20% bonus toward Dragon Ball Z? I assume no since both offers say "Cannot be combined with any other offer."

Would it be in poor taste to take the 20% offer ($39.60 total) and then cancel the pre order? I believe I remember others saying you only need to apply $5 to the pre-order (allowing to get the 20% bump on multiple trade ins).

End goal is to use trade credit toward Animal Crossing (3/20).
Put $5 towards DBZ then next time you go in tell them to cancel and put towards Animal Crossing. Doesn't hurt their preorder numbers that way.

I got some of my Christmas purchases today. I opened one package and inside was Hello Neighbor for PS4 and the other game was Dragon Marked for Death for Switch.  I never ordered these.  They had the packing slip for me but for a game that I did order (Fire Emblem 3 Houses).  I was annoyed until I opened the next package which had FE in it and the identical packing slip.  So I got the game plus these two.  No idea who was supposed to get them.

I got my buddy into flipping during the $5 bonus last week. He used my elite pro acc to buy and his pro to sell, which is awesome for me cause of the extra points I accumulate even when not flipping. During B2G2 I made a plan with him when I started to notice the lack prime switch tradable games out there. Basically both of us would go into a gs store fairly close apart to each other, trade in all our best shit, and then we would drive to where the other just traded in their stuff, play dumb and ask if they had a switch title the other just traded-in in stock pre owned. They would usually be like oh yea someone just dropped it off and have the games behind the counter so i would ask to look at the whole stack an pretty much buy it all or id take the 1 or 2 good titles off the shelf and ask if they had a mario game he just traded in preowned and look at the stack again and buy most of it lol... this was a good last hurrah. Only a handfull of times did they sell one of the games we just traded in, but then we'd just pick out a lower trade value switch game like lets go pikachu or hyrule warriors or something..

I got my buddy into flipping during the $5 bonus last week. He used my elite pro acc to buy and his pro to sell, which is awesome for me cause of the extra points I accumulate even when not flipping. During B2G2 I made a plan with him when I started to notice the lack prime switch tradable games out there. Basically both of us would go into a gs store fairly close apart to each other, trade in all our best shit, and then we would drive to where the other just traded in their stuff, play dumb and ask if they had a switch title the other just traded-in in stock pre owned. They would usually be like oh yea someone just dropped it off and have the games behind the counter so i would ask to look at the whole stack an pretty much buy it all or id take the 1 or 2 good titles off the shelf and ask if they had a mario game he just traded in preowned and look at the stack again and buy most of it lol... this was a good last hurrah. Only a handfull of times did they sell one of the games we just traded in, but then we'd just pick out a lower trade value switch game like lets go pikachu or hyrule warriors or something..
Diabolical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back