2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
During B2G2 I made a plan with him when I started to notice the lack prime switch tradable games out there. Basically both of us would go into a gs store fairly close apart to each other, trade in all our best shit, and then we would drive to where the other just traded in their stuff, play dumb and ask if they had a switch title the other just traded-in in stock pre owned. They would usually be like oh yea someone just dropped it off and have the games behind the counter
Diabolical.
H GS flip party, LF1, HMU for deets.

MUST HAVE CAR, PURP (or better), TC$1000 or more (I WILL check)

.../s

I got my buddy into flipping during the $5 bonus last week. He used my elite pro acc to buy and his pro to sell, which is awesome for me cause of the extra points I accumulate even when not flipping. During B2G2 I made a plan with him when I started to notice the lack prime switch tradable games out there. Basically both of us would go into a gs store fairly close apart to each other, trade in all our best shit, and then we would drive to where the other just traded in their stuff, play dumb and ask if they had a switch title the other just traded-in in stock pre owned. They would usually be like oh yea someone just dropped it off and have the games behind the counter so i would ask to look at the whole stack an pretty much buy it all or id take the 1 or 2 good titles off the shelf and ask if they had a mario game he just traded in preowned and look at the stack again and buy most of it lol... this was a good last hurrah. Only a handfull of times did they sell one of the games we just traded in, but then we'd just pick out a lower trade value switch game like lets go pikachu or hyrule warriors or something..
You guys don't live in the Houston area do you? Cause I swear there's somebody doing the same thing around town from Thurs to yesterday.

I got my buddy into flipping during the $5 bonus last week. He used my elite pro acc to buy and his pro to sell, which is awesome for me cause of the extra points I accumulate even when not flipping. During B2G2 I made a plan with him when I started to notice the lack prime switch tradable games out there. Basically both of us would go into a gs store fairly close apart to each other, trade in all our best shit, and then we would drive to where the other just traded in their stuff, play dumb and ask if they had a switch title the other just traded-in in stock pre owned. They would usually be like oh yea someone just dropped it off and have the games behind the counter so i would ask to look at the whole stack an pretty much buy it all or id take the 1 or 2 good titles off the shelf and ask if they had a mario game he just traded in preowned and look at the stack again and buy most of it lol... this was a good last hurrah. Only a handfull of times did they sell one of the games we just traded in, but then we'd just pick out a lower trade value switch game like lets go pikachu or hyrule warriors or something..
Does CAG give out awards? Because him and his friend should get one for the most creative way to maximize profit.

The Grand Nagus salutes you :applause:

Does CAG give out awards? Because him and his friend should get one for the most creative way to maximize profit.

A long time ago, yeah, there was an annual awards thing. But that was back when the website and forum actually mattered to the management.

I had my girlfriend flip all of my games the other day in order to get around the $2000 trade limit. I promised to buy her Animal Crossing if she agreed to help. I can attest that flipping is so much easier when someone else is involved. 

Could I trade $33 base Switch games in + $5 bonus trade credit + 20% bonus toward Dragon Ball Z? I assume no since both offers say "Cannot be combined with any other offer."

Would it be in poor taste to take the 20% offer ($39.60 total) and then cancel the pre order? I believe I remember others saying you only need to apply $5 to the pre-order (allowing to get the 20% bump on multiple trade ins).

End goal is to use trade credit toward Animal Crossing (3/20).
Promos don't stack.

Local store still had the b2g2 signage up even tho the small print says it ended yesterday

PS3 controllers were not tested

Local store still had the b2g2 signage up even tho the small print says it ended yesterday

PS3 controllers were not tested
I don't think it will matter since their computer probably won't apply b2g2 anymore when you check out at the register.

You guys don't live in the Houston area do you? Cause I swear there's somebody doing the same thing around town from Thurs to yesterday.
Smart guys, wish i did it for that long. We were only able to do it yesterday because our schedules didnt fit up, also nope we're in chicago. there are so many gamestops here roughly 10 mins apart here its insane. in one of the burbs theres literally 6 on the same road driving for about 20 miles.

Thank you, but honestly if i had someone who is all business like myself we could have made a killing in credit, buddy likes to make small talk and browse around which wasted a lot of time. He also bitches out and buys small items to not look suspicious. I was nice enough to get gpg on a couple games if the dudes seemed cool af tho. Im still sitting on 50+ prime switch games which I will most likely sell for cash. have enough credit for a new system next year and a couple game, that should be enough for me to stop flipping at gs.. elite pro will expire by then, maybe one last go next summer??? we shall see

Smart guys, wish i did it for that long. We were only able to do it yesterday because our schedules didnt fit up, also nope we're in chicago. there are so many gamestops here roughly 10 mins apart here its insane. in one of the burbs theres literally 6 on the same road driving for about 20 miles.

Thank you, but honestly if i had someone who is all business like myself we could have made a killing in credit, buddy likes to make small talk and browse around which wasted a lot of time. He also bitches out and buys small items to not look suspicious. I was nice enough to get gpg on a couple games if the dudes seemed cool af tho. Im still sitting on 50+ prime switch games which I will most likely sell for cash. have enough credit for a new system next year and a couple game, that should be enough for me to stop flipping at gs.. elite pro will expire by then, maybe one last go next summer??? we shall see
You guys must have been what ruined my wife's bday lmao. She wanted a Switch and some games, went to Cermak & Western and they mysteriously moved to Southloop. By the time I got there they were gone again. No hard feelings, she just gets fewer games now.

How did you get around the 5 of a single title in 30 day trade ban rule? I earned around 400-500 credit and im at like 4 on every single switch title. Did you just go over and they didnt ban you?

Wait haha I was at the GameStop at Cermak and Western doing flips too. Traded a bunch there after finding like 12 games at the one in Chinatown. That was the only store that had multiple Switch games.

You guys must have been what ruined my wife's bday lmao. She wanted a Switch and some games, went to Cermak & Western and they mysteriously moved to Southloop. By the time I got there they were gone again. No hard feelings, she just gets fewer games now.
Lmao that sucks, but I actually didnt hit up gs in the city cause my state id was banned from trading in from last months flips and the burbs does not require you to show a state id when trading in. So me and buddy hit up the burbs instead. Im sure people in the city were flipping hardcore this weekend though. Hell if my id was straight I definitely would have.

Now that the sale has ended, here's my final haul. I'm going to check off the ones I received/shipped already.

1. Octopath Traveler
2. Octopath Traveler
3. Mario Tennis Aces
4. Mario tennis aces
5. Pokken DX
6. Gears 5
7. Gears 5
8. Borderlands 3 (PS4)
9. Horizon 4
10. Borderlands 3 (XB1)
11. Medievil
12. Medievil
13. Team Sonic Racing (PS4)
14. Tales of Vesperia (PS4)
15. Dragon Quest XI (PS4)
16. Hitman 2 (PS4)
17. Rage 2 (PS4)
18. Lego DC Villains (XB1)
19. Cililization VI (NS)
20. Walking Dead final season (NS)
21. Bloodstained: ROTN (NS)
22. Sonic Mania PLus (PS4)
23. My Hero One's Justice (PS4)
24. Zero Escape: VLR (Vita)
25. Injustice (Vita)
26. Lego Marvel Heroes 2 (NS)
27. Injustice 2 Legendary (PS4)
28. PixArk (NS)
29. NBA PLAYGrounds 2 (NS)
30. Zero Time Dilemma (Vita)
31. CoD (Vita)
32. Samurai Shodown (PS4)
33. Lego HP (NS)
34. Lego Incredibles (NS)
35. Dragon Marked for Death (NS)
36. Lego DC Villains (NS)
37. Zelda: Link Awakening (NS)
38. Super Mario Party
39. Super Mario Party
40. NSMB Deluxe
41. NSMB Deleuxe
42. Mario Maker 2
43. Mario Maker 2
44. Marvel UA3
45. Dragon Quest XI: S
46. Arms
47. Arms
48. Daemon x Machina
49. Yoshi Crafted World
50. Soul Calibur 6
51. Crystal Crisis
52. Let's Go Pikachu
53. Let's go Pikachu
54. Lets go Eevee
55. Zelda BOTW
56. Dark soul 3: fire fades
57. Smash ultimate
58. Smash ultimate
59. Pokemon sword
60. Xenoblade 2
61. Code Vien (XB1)
62. Astral Chain
63. Monster Hunter GU
64. Nier Automatica
65. Prototype biohazard

66. Persona 5

67. Has been heroes (NS)

68. Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines

69. Wolf Among US (PS4)

Missing a few titles I wanted like Oddessy & Kirby but hopefully i can trade for them down the line.

Anyone receive their partial order yet? What does your packing slip say about partial pricing? I was wondering if I should wait for all games to ship or just trade in my 2 games from the partial order and call the other 2 a loss.

Lmao that sucks, but I actually didnt hit up gs in the city cause my state id was banned from trading in from last months flips and the burbs does not require you to show a state id when trading in. So me and buddy hit up the burbs instead. Im sure people in the city were flipping hardcore this weekend though. Hell if my id was straight I definitely would have.
Which suburbs? Saw someone at the Scottsdale Shopping Center on Cicero who I’m 90% sure was flipping.

How did you get around the 5 of a single title in 30 day trade ban rule? I earned around 400-500 credit and im at like 4 on every single switch title. Did you just go over and they didnt ban you?
Burner accounts. The burbs here doesn't require id when making an account or when trading in for credit.

Ahh makes sense its 50-50 here as I drove along one store even had a book to check for felons lolol. Roomie is trading in like 11 games now I was on 4 of.

Which suburbs? Saw someone at the Scottsdale Shopping Center on Cicero who I’m 90% sure was flipping.
South n west. They know me there by name so I didn't even bother going to that one. I have a good 2-3 gamestops i frequent that i just like to be a normal customer at. But it makes sense ppl were flipping there. Some gs closer to the city think they require id for credit trade ins though, which they do not. like the hip mall is in norridge and they dont need id, but for some reason they think they do, while the one literally down the block, also in norridge, knows you dont need id for credit trades..

Anyone receive their partial order yet? What does your packing slip say about partial pricing? I was wondering if I should wait for all games to ship or just trade in my 2 games from the partial order and call the other 2 a loss.
I got 1/4 games. It was one of the freebies so it says it cost me $0.00

Fire Emblem: Three Houses, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt- Complete Edition for Switch, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 arrived in cases with generic art. Mrgrgr!

I got a few switch games in little clear plastic DS case-stands... maybe they ran out of switch cases  :shock:  

Lucky Amazon trade in don't give a hoot and just put 2 copies in one case 

Probably in store, I ended up with like 3 copies as fillers to my b2g2 work and worth it in those particular stores.
I thought he was just mentioning what he ordered online. I was also able to get some copies of Pokemon Sword and Shield in store.

You must have been in New Lenox, Orland area.

South n west. They know me there by name so I didn't even bother going to that one. I have a good 2-3 gamestops i frequent that i just like to be a normal customer at. But it makes sense ppl were flipping there. Some gs closer to the city think they require id for credit trade ins though, which they do not. like the hip mall is in norridge and they dont need id, but for some reason they think they do, while the one literally down the block, also in norridge, knows you dont need id for credit trades..

Starting off my B2G2 online orders strong with a copy of Fire Emblem Warriors in the 3 Houses case. Thanks GameStop.
Haha I had Breath of the Wild in a Link's Awakening case (I ordered LA). Called in to support and they said they'd mail out the correct game. Took about 3 weeks but it did show up and I returned BOTW to a local store as they asked. Store staff wanted to give me $50 in cash and I insisted, nope, you're just to keep it. I then watched the employee scan the LA case into their inventory - no doubt perpetuating the problem for the next customer. I tried.

Well I got tons of no case or redbox copies through the mail(mostly of stuff I’m flipping so I don’t care) but one of the orders I’m keeping was amazing. I ordered Samurai showdown, Tetris effect, assassins creed origins and odyssey. All came like new except odyssey and it was a sealed gold edition. 8 orders that looked like shit and the only one I am keeping is amazing. See you guys later I’m going to play the lottery.

Haha I had Breath of the Wild in a Link's Awakening case (I ordered LA). Called in to support and they said they'd mail out the correct game. Took about 3 weeks but it did show up and I returned BOTW to a local store as they asked. Store staff wanted to give me $50 in cash and I insisted, nope, you're just to keep it. I then watched the employee scan the LA case into their inventory - no doubt perpetuating the problem for the next customer. I tried.
Wait... so they actually fixed your issue? So maybe there's hope for me getting my missing game from the BF sale then.

So far I'm 50/50 with them fixing the wrong game sent issue. Got one game replaced. They sent me a brand new copy of kingdom come royal since they sent me the regular version. Still waiting on the correct version of Mudrunners. Call them you have nothing to loose.

All my games shipped with estimated tomorrow delivery but none of them have updated tracking. It’s just like a created label. Wondering if I’ll receive one or 2 today like everyone else

Oh, almost forgot. I also ordered god eater 3 for switch. It was the last game sent in the mail. I opened it and Disgaea 5 was in the case, instead.

Looks like one of games got canceled and now being rebilled for 3 of 4 games but only paying$ 43.84 for all 3

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 of my 3 remaining games “awaiting availability” switched to preparing for shipment...other 2 still waiting... nothing cancelled yet....

Anyone know a way for me to find out which two of my games were free and which were paid if they failed to include ANY invoice in my package? I ordered Code Vein, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Links Awakening, and DQ XI. CV and FE3H arrived today. No slip. Other 2 are awaiting availability and I have no idea what to expect for pricing if they cancel the other 2, and I'm running out of time to return any as I wait for the other 2 games.

Unrelated question: I have 50k points, and would like to redeem for a 50 dollar cert, and use that for a 50 dollar xbl gift card. That should work, correct?

Thanks in advance!!

I ordered 8 games. Two separate orders, both shipped the 27th with estimated delivery for today but still at label created. Who knows what'll happen

My status:

46 orders

---

29 fully shipped

7 partially shipped (most have 1 or 2 items left and mixture of preparing for shipping / awaiting availability)

10 orders in progress with the majority of them "Awaiting Product Availability". All of these orders were on the 27th or 28th. The others (shipped) were mostly on the 26th.

My status:
46 orders
---
29 fully shipped
7 partially shipped (most have 1 or 2 items left and mixture of preparing for shipping / awaiting availability)
10 orders in progress with the majority of them "Awaiting Product Availability". All of these orders were on the 27th or 28th. The others (shipped) were mostly on the 26th.

This dude said 46 orders, lol

Anyone know a way for me to find out which two of my games were free and which were paid if they failed to include ANY invoice in my package? I ordered Code Vein, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Links Awakening, and DQ XI. CV and FE3H arrived today. No slip. Other 2 are awaiting availability and I have no idea what to expect for pricing if they cancel the other 2, and I'm running out of time to return any as I wait for the other 2 games.

Unrelated question: I have 50k points, and would like to redeem for a 50 dollar cert, and use that for a 50 dollar xbl gift card. That should work, correct?

Thanks in advance!!
It's possible the invoice is behind the shipping label covered in protective plastic. Found this out in one of my orders when I was cutting up a bubble mailer.

Thanks in advance!!
Got rejected trying to do this yesterday with an iTunes card, the guy said they aren’t supposed to do that. Went to another store and worked fine. Be aware that the certificates I redeemed yesterday show today as the expiration date, so I have to go out an use the other today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back