2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This dude said 46 orders, lol
I did. Like 375 total games ordered. I don't mess around when it comes to *once in a few years kind of deal*. Mostly retro. I don't do any of that flip back to Gamestop stuff. Though I may sell some of it elsewhere to recoup what I spent.

Gonna be interesting to see if they mess up the orders or if games don't work / counterfeits. :)

Gonna be interesting to see if they mess up the orders or if games don't work / counterfeits. :)
Got my first non-working switch game from Gs today - looked clean but wouldn’t register... use a eye glasses cleaning wipe on the metal area and it worked. So for those flipping it semi pays to check for gold points and to ensure it works!

Have done this, still all labels just created
It's nothing to sweat about. Stores do this to "show" their attentiveness to customers, and to corporate.

Their response time is swift (to print the label) .. yet the package takes some time to truly be prepared.

EBay sellers do this as well. It's equally annoying. It's considered shipped, even if only the label was generated, with the package not even picked up, or nothing in any kind of box to be picked up, for that matter.

It helps with GS's store metrics with regards to response time, but it's a farse when it gets done this way. I understand why it's done this way. It's still cheesy. Corporate only looks at numbers though, not actual corresponding data.

On the bright side, once they pre-paid for a label, I've never had an order cancelled. If an order is cancelled, nobody can ever re-use the paid for label, unless it's going to the same address, etc. Labels are non-refundable, as I understand [USPS says they can be refundable (if petitioned), but I've tried before, and nobody responds, so w/e -- believe UPS is the same way - glad to take money, .. if you wan't it back, good luck].

It's possible the invoice is behind the shipping label covered in protective plastic. Found this out in one of my orders when I was cutting up a bubble mailer.
Amazing call. That's exactly where it was. FE3H was 46 and code vein was free. So I guess I'll see what happens with the other 2.

For part 2, I saw the one response saying it didn't work on iTunes, but I thought gaming gift cards were still good?

Only 4 of my games haven't shipped yet, NSMBD x2, Octopath Traveler & Bloodstained (NS). Mario & Octo was ordered on Xmas.

Unrelated question: I have 50k points, and would like to redeem for a 50 dollar cert, and use that for a 50 dollar xbl gift card. That should work, correct?
Ah the $50 certificate only show on the website. I checked the app yesterday and only seen the smaller amounts.

i have a couple orders spread over around 6 shipments, all say "shipped" since last week but they just made the label and never dropped them off. they are all next day air too.

Damn just checked UPS and mine say the same thing. GameStop says delivery by the 31st but UPS shows that nothing has actually been shipped. We'll see if anything comes tomorrow.
One order supposed to arrive on the second from Texas.

Bought Mario Odyssey, Mario Tennis, Kirby Allies, and Marvel 3 on Friday for B2G2. ~ $100 or so.

Traded Kirby and Marvel 3 back to GS today for $88.

Thank you, California!

Im glad the windy city flippers were at it till yesterday. I found all 4 games i wanted for the switch. Just kept refreshing that gs app until the games i wanted showed up near me.

Got my first 6 games, of the 28 I ordered. 2 in full case, 3 in generic black case and a brand new sealed copy of Breath of the Wild. I'm at 3 games awaiting availability, including Witcher 3 which went from preparing to ship to awaiting product availability this morning, and Link's Awakening which is supposedly at preparing for shipment. I have a bad feeling that I'm gonna get screwed out of 4 games, but I'll give it a little longer before I get too worried. 

I got an email today saying there was a problem with my payment, and that I needed to update it within 48 hours or my order would be canceled.

The thing is I’ve already received 3 out of 4 games, with the last one “preparing to ship” for the past few day’s. The charge definitely went through on my PayPal account, so I don’t know what they’re on about.

Anybody else seeing this going on GameStop's website?

"Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.gamestop.com/?" on this server.

Reference #18.9750cc17.1577751873.10bf5dc5"

I think it may be a service provider issue (had problem's with Spectrum before regarding Groupon and Yelp) but don't know for certain.

"Access Denied

I think it may be a service provider issue (had problem's with Spectrum before regarding Groupon and Yelp) but don't know for certain.
I have the same problem, cleared my cache and cookies but it still doesn't work. I can view it in incognito though.

Had to call in for missing points from Black Friday and b2b2 promo. Both gave me 360 points even though my totals were $58 and $25. I ordered another set on Saturday and I'm guessing I'm gonna have to call again. What a hassle these foreign cs ppl don't listen or understand but the pts put me close to the $10 pre-owned reward so I had to call

"Access Denied

I have the same problem, cleared my cache and cookies but it still doesn't work. I can view it in incognito though.
Been refreshing thread and reddit waiting for this; literally only hitting me on firefox, though.

Chrome and IE on same machine functioning as normal; chrome on mobile android, same deal.

Been ongoing for about an hour now. Same as Noobcake, cache+cookies don't make a difference.

Been refreshing thread and reddit waiting for this; literally only hitting me on firefox, though.

Chrome and IE on same machine functioning as normal; chrome on mobile android, same deal.

Been ongoing for about an hour now. Same as Noobcake, cache+cookies don't make a difference.
Having this issue as well, Only firefox, works fine on Edge, Private Window in firefox also works.

However I'm also seeing that CAG16 isn't working anymore when using it through Edge, or private window Firefox.

So I got 32/104 games today and 22/32 were complete. 8 incomplete switch games and 2x Wild Arms 5 and 2x Castlevania Symphony of the Night incomplete. 2x Xenosaga 3’s came complete though. Will update as I supposedly get more tomorrow

I received 3 of the 4 Switch games I ordered online (Yoshi, UA3, DKC TF), awaiting availability still on Mario Party.

My packing slip has UA3 and DKC as being regular price and Yoshi as being free.  The slip does not list Mario Party but it must be considered one of the two free games.

I would love to trade in UA3 and possibly DKC tomorrow (extra $5 each) but if I do and the order doesn't fulfill I could be toast as I wouldn't be able to return everything if required to.  Not the end of the world as I spent $21 (traded in a couple games for cash to recoup the rest of my initial investment) and have $150 trade credit, Zelda LA, Dragons Dogma, Captain Toad, $30 of Xbox Live, $10 of eShop credit, and still have a $25 reward certificate.  

We shall see what happens.

What's the best course of action if UPS claims the package was delivered to front door but nothing was out there and I didn't hear anyone come by nor the trucks loud engine?

I'm in an apartment it's highly unlikely to be stolen from, either the Navy neighbors or the fact that its private and off the streets.

GameStop CS says contact your provider (UPS) and UPS claims the order is ineligible to be dusputed., And to contact the seller (GS)

:whistle2:(

I have 2 different expiration dates on reward certificates I bought with points. It says 12/31 in two spots, but just beneath the barcode it says 12/30. Which is it?

So 46 orders how much did that cost and how do u plan on playing them games. God DAMN!
lol, well I like to collect mostly and I'll probably start playing the older systems with my kiddo in the next year or so. I definitely plan to keep a nice chunk, some of the loose carts I bought were to complete my boxes / manuals and anything else that comes in nice condition I will likely keep. The rest I'll sell to make up for what I've spent this year on stuff for my collection. :D

Also, for all you seasoned pros, what is the best GC to spend PUR points on? Can I use them for Amazon Gift Cards? We have our second kiddo on the way and I'm trying to stock up on Uber Eats & Amazon LOL.

Link's Awakening just shipped for me, so I'm now at 25/28 games either shipped or received with only Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Brothers Deluxe and Witcher 3 awaiting availibility.

What's the best course of action if UPS claims the package was delivered to front door but nothing was out there and I didn't hear anyone come by nor the trucks loud engine?

I'm in an apartment it's highly unlikely to be stolen from, either the Navy neighbors or the fact that its private and off the streets.

GameStop CS says contact your provider (UPS) and UPS claims the order is ineligible to be dusputed., And to contact the seller (GS)

:whistle2:(

I've had a UPS package show up as "delivered"only for it to be delivered by UPS a couple of days later. It could also have been placed at the wrong address, in which case your neighbors are hopefully on the up and up. I won't give up on getting it delivered quite yet.

As someone else already said it might still show up. If it doesn't call GS back. It's on them. Only once was I able to call UPS about a package they supposedly delivered to me. The usually say the shipper has to contact them.

It's nothing to sweat about. Stores do this to "show" their attentiveness to customers, and to corporate.

Their response time is swift (to print the label) .. yet the package takes some time to truly be prepared.

EBay sellers do this as well. It's equally annoying. It's considered shipped, even if only the label was generated, with the package not even picked up, or nothing in any kind of box to be picked up, for that matter.

It helps with GS's store metrics with regards to response time, but it's a farse when it gets done this way. I understand why it's done this way. It's still cheesy. Corporate only looks at numbers though, not actual corresponding data.

On the bright side, once they pre-paid for a label, I've never had an order cancelled. If an order is cancelled, nobody can ever re-use the paid for label, unless it's going to the same address, etc. Labels are non-refundable, as I understand [USPS says they can be refundable (if petitioned), but I've tried before, and nobody responds, so w/e -- believe UPS is the same way - glad to take money, .. if you wan't it back, good luck].
As a heavy volume eBay seller I can assure you that sellers who print a shipping label and wait a few days to actually mail the package aren’t doing themselves any favors as that hurts their metrics.

Sign up for UPS My Choice (free) if you want to know what packages will arrive a day ahead. USPS and Fedex have similar services.
i second this, they also send emails when you have a package being delivered today or tomorrow. just got updates from them on every one of my packages that they are being delivered tomorrow. you can also leave instructions on delivery from there, and it uses your address to track packages, so you get a summary of all of them without clicking on each tracking #.

lol, well I like to collect mostly and I'll probably start playing the older systems with my kiddo in the next year or so. I definitely plan to keep a nice chunk, some of the loose carts I bought were to complete my boxes / manuals and anything else that comes in nice condition I will likely keep. The rest I'll sell to make up for what I've spent this year on stuff for my collection. :D

Also, for all you seasoned pros, what is the best GC to spend PUR points on? Can I use them for Amazon Gift Cards? We have our second kiddo on the way and I'm trying to stock up on Uber Eats & Amazon LOL.
I collect a bunch of games I’m actually interested in. Steelbooks, artbook case, etc. I never get to play them anymore though. Nowadays I just get to play 50% of games. I pre order. Weird habit of mine. And yup I like all my games to be complete, artworks, vouchers with codes too. I hate the red cases and generic cases from gamestop

i second this, they also send emails when you have a package being delivered today or tomorrow. just got updates from them on every one of my packages that they are being delivered tomorrow. you can also leave instructions on delivery from there, and it uses your address to track packages, so you get a summary of all of them without clicking on each tracking #.
I have that and I got the email today that my games will be delivered between 2:30-6:30 pm. It is now 7:30 and still no package. I've read that the latest they will deliver is 8 so here's hoping.

**EDIT** Package got delivered. RDR2 and Blood and Truth have original covers but MKDD!! came in a yellow sleeve in a plastic bag. I will start calling around to local Gamestops tomorrow to see if they have any original covers in stock I can have. Links Awakening is still listed as awaiting product availability.

I got an email today saying there was a problem with my payment, and that I needed to update it within 48 hours or my order would be canceled.
The thing is I’ve already received 3 out of 4 games, with the last one “preparing to ship” for the past few day’s. The charge definitely went through on my PayPal account, so I don’t know what they’re on about.
I got this too, and I paid with gift card, so I wouldn't have been able to place the order if it didn't have the funds. You probably don't want to contact them like I did, though, because the customer rep just canceled the last item, and now I have to wait to see if I'm going to be getting a refund or if I have to shove a banana in my rear and deal with the award-winning customer service again.

I collect a bunch of games I’m actually interested in. Steelbooks, artbook case, etc. I never get to play them anymore though. Nowadays I just get to play 50% of games. I pre order. Weird habit of mine. And yup I like all my games to be complete, artworks, vouchers with codes too. I hate the red cases and generic cases from gamestop
I kind of collect for 2 reasons. 1. They're games I loved as a kid or I WANT to play, though I probably won't have time or 2. I keep them because I think it's a good investment to keep or it's in GREAT condition / rare. I often buy games or lots with intent of upgrading my current cart / box / manual, etc... and will sell the old stuff back at the price I bought (or higher if I got a deal). Anything else I get (usually in lots) I will sell over time to recoup costs. I used to do a lot of trading too but the sites I used aren't around anymore (RIP Goozex & 99Gamers :( )

Got the first game in today. Red dead, has the artwork but generic case. The install disk is cracked around the inner ring. Great...

Having this issue as well, Only firefox, works fine on Edge, Private Window in firefox also works.

However I'm also seeing that CAG16 isn't working anymore when using it through Edge, or private window Firefox.
thx for that info, my console still says awaiting product from the 21st, wonder if it will ever ship

I know the app is not always 100% for store inventory but in my experience it's been like 95%. This past week alone I've had associates at multiple stores tell me they just sold a game that the app says they have in stock. But 1 or 2 days later the app still says they have it. Something's up. And this is always happening with fist party Switch games...

Can you still use reward certificates on gift cards or xbox currency? I redeemed one to use on a dotd and it made the item msrp before it applied the reward.

I know the app is not always 100% for store inventory but in my experience it's been like 95%. This past week alone I've had associates at multiple stores tell me they just sold a game that the app says they have in stock. But 1 or 2 days later the app still says they have it. Something's up. And this is always happening with fist party Switch games...
Never call ahead of time unless it's a pretty obscure game nobody wants, Employees are not to be trusted. It could just be that they're on hold for an employee as well.

Haha I had Breath of the Wild in a Link's Awakening case (I ordered LA). Called in to support and they said they'd mail out the correct game. Took about 3 weeks but it did show up and I returned BOTW to a local store as they asked. Store staff wanted to give me $50 in cash and I insisted, nope, you're just to keep it. I then watched the employee scan the LA case into their inventory - no doubt perpetuating the problem for the next customer. I tried.
They're supposed to send those back as defective

With all of the problems they've had with in-store pick up, I'm not surprised. They've given me new games when I ordered used. They've also failed to register that the games were picked up, which would then show them as being in stock despite not having them.

The app is also slow to change. I bought a store's only copy of Pokemon Shield and it took a few hours for the in-stock mark to go away.

i apologized if this has been answered already, but is you cash limit of $500 separate from your credit limit of $2000 or are they combined? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back