2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you get around the 5 of a single title in 30 day trade ban rule? I earned around 400-500 credit and im at like 4 on every single switch title. Did you just go over and they didnt ban you?
As I suspected they banned that account from trading in the next day.

Question: Does the $500 dollar limit in one transaction also register the next day or can I just go around trade $500 in one store then drive to another store and trade in $500 again??
Or should I trade in $400 something at one store and then take my doubles and trade in $500+ at another???
Or do you just get auto trade banned once you pass $500?

Question, is there anyway online to tell if my account has been banned?
I would like to know as well. I think I may have done 5 of one title by accident (misjudged the time since previous trades)

I made another trade later the same day as the fifth title trade, but not since.

As I suspected they banned that account from trading in the next day.

Question: Does the $500 dollar limit in one transaction also register the next day or can I just go around trade $500 in one store then drive to another store and trade in $500 again??
Or should I trade in $400 something at one store and then take my doubles and trade in $500+ at another???
Or do you just get auto trade banned once you pass $500?
No.

No.

Yes.

I called up my local gamestop to see if they had MKDD!! in stock so I could get the real cover and they told me that no stores carry gamecube games anymore. Looks like I will now have to try to just find someone that only has the real cover. What a bummer. He told me ordering older games online was a coin flip.

a number of my orders came but out of the 5 only 1 didnt come with a generic case (ew), so after I got my Nintendo Gold points I quickly sold them back (can confirm $5 deal is still going strong) and my credit is now over $300 + i still have 2 more games coming in for an extra $60 :D  

on a sadder note, my local Gamestop is closing and another i visited around 3 months ago was closed when I went to visit yesterday. While i'll admit there were wayyy too many Gamestops close to each other it makes me uncomfortable watching them close 1 by 1.

One of my copies of Link's Awakening went from "Preparing for Shipment" to "Awaiting Product Availability". Currently at 40/44 games shipped, with the majority of them arriving today. 

Ordered Yooka-Laylee & The Impossible Lair for Switch; cartridge inside was the original Limited Run Games Yooka-Laylee. That was a surprise lol.

My Mario Party and Yoshi just showed up, in original cases. They came in 2 separate bubblers and had their own packaging slips. Each packing slip has a price of $43.99. Originally I paid $80 for 4 games, but was charged $76.36 for 2 games with the other 2 up in the air. There is no mention of Mario Maker or Link's Awakening in my order, so it looks like I ordered each game individually. Decisions, decisions, should I take the store credit or cash because I definitely don't need the store credit, but it's a $15.98 difference between the two? 

If I do a return, I get more than what it is trading in for and it won't count towards my trade limit, if other people are thinking of doing the same thing.

My Mario Party and Yoshi just showed up, in original cases. They came in 2 separate bubblers and had their own packaging slips. Each packing slip has a price of $43.99. Originally I paid $80 for 4 games, but was charged $76.36 for 2 games with the other 2 up in the air. There is no mention of Mario Maker or Link's Awakening in my order, so it looks like I ordered each game individually. Decisions, decisions, should I take the store credit or cash because I definitely don't need the store credit, but it's a $15.98 difference between the two?
YMMV on this, but the store actually does not know the method of payment used when you place the order. As a result, you can actually request cash as a refund if you so wish.

Ok I just went to Gamestop to return an partial order, it was 2x Dragon Quest Builders 2 and 1x Splatoon 2 (the 4th game from the order is still awaiting availability). When I returned it, the employee insisted I keep Splatoon 2 cause it shows free on the receipt and refunded me $107.xx for the 2 copies of Dragon Quest Builders lol. Needless to say I was just as confused and it didn't hit me what happened until I got back in the car.

YMMV on this, but the store actually does not know the method of payment used when you place the order. As a result, you can actually request cash as a refund if you so wish.
Yeah, I have experience in the past with this. It all depends on the employee you get.

Got my games 3 out of 4 with generic cases

Dqbuilders 2 came with case

Does the $5 extra include cash? Or is it credit only my receipts show which games were included free

Which prepaid cards can you get with gift certificates anymore? I know they were supposed to be updating the system to stop more cards, anyone have that list, it was posted a while back can't find it

Ok I just went to Gamestop to return an partial order, it was 2x Dragon Quest Builders 2 and 1x Splatoon 2 (the 4th game from the order is still awaiting availability). When I returned it, the employee insisted I keep Splatoon 2 cause it shows free on the receipt and refunded me $107.xx for the 2 copies of Dragon Quest Builders lol. Needless to say I was just as confused and it didn't hit me until I got back in the car.
Did go right back into the store and trade Splatoon 2 ?

If I do a return, I get more than what it is trading in for and it won't count towards my trade limit, if other people are thinking of doing the same thing.
Just did this, 2 games that came together that I paid for and weren't the free games and got back $110 cash when if I traded them they would've netted me $52. Kinda feel bad, but they've screwed me by sending me no game in a case before so screw them.

Just did this, 2 games that came together that I paid for and weren't the free games and got back $110 cash when if I traded them they would've netted me $52. Kinda feel bad, but they've screwed me by sending me no game in a case before so screw them.
Why would they refund you in cash? Your packing slip is your receipt so you clearly didn't pay with cash for online order. Do the employees just not care?

My receipts showed exact price of 0.00 for my 2 free games

I was able to swap out 1 case...I asked if I could exchange 1 game for another of the same price and was turned down they said they would need all the games to process the refund but then I wouldn’t get buy 2 get 2...

So I sold them the 2 games that didn’t have cases got $52 cash back and in the end I paid $19 each for complete copies dragon quest builders 2 and marvel ultimate alliance.

I have a $20 $10 and $5 preowned coupon from my points can i use them all on 1 preowned game or is it 1 coupon per item? I also have a buy 2 get 1 expiring today

Why would they refund you in cash? Your packing slip is your receipt so you clearly didn't pay with cash for online order. Do the employees just not care?
I wasn't going to complain, he asked if I wanted cash so I said sure. He probably didn't care as I had never seen him before so he was probably a seasonal.

Still waiting on availability for 2x Link's Awakening and Dragon Quest XI.  Now that I see folks are returning games, it's making me think I should try that strategy and "forget" to bring in the free games.

Oh yeah, I went over the $500.00 cash limit by $18.88...one of the test market stores rang the trade ins base price as the elite price (36.00 base for MUA3 and then 20% on top of that).  However, he didn't take my ID.

Question: is the $500.00 cash trade limit against your PUR account or against your ID?  I have a military ID and a driver's license...and they've used my Military ID for the 2 cash trade ins I did previous to yesterday's trade in (3 total cash trades).  Yesterday he didn't take my ID...so am I in the clear? 

nice, out of stock everywhere around me and part of the buy 2 get 2 deal. im screwed. sorry for the huge picture

[attachment=33468:IMG_20191231_145203498.jpg]

Received my first B2G2 order today. 

Yoshi's Crafted World (generic case)

DQ XI (with case)

Splatoon 2 (with case)

Mario Kart 8 (BRAND NEW?!)

Hope my 2nd order (2 shipped) is just as good.

Because the packing slip doesn't verify the payment method, So as there's no proof as to how you've paid, or rather which card you used, they always pay in cash. I've returned a lot of retro to my local shop and this was their standard practice.

I was not lucky on the cash option today. The cashier knows me too well (traded in games with her for over 4 years now) and she asked if I payed with store credit (she knows all too well that I only have store credit). I paid with a gift card and happened to have it in my wallet. I got $95 back on my gift card (tax included) for 2 games, even though I spent $80 for 4 games including tax. I'm not worried now if they cancel Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening from my order because I got my money back.

Is it possible for them to refuse the return if they look up the order number and see it was part of the b2g2? I have a packing slip that states that I paid $50 for zelda

Is it possible for them to refuse the return if they look up the order number and see it was part of the b2g2? I have a packing slip that states that I paid $50 for zelda
Does it just show Zelda only or other games? My packing slip said I paid $43.99 for my game and that's what they gave me.

Just traded at my local store where I’m friends with some of the employees. She gave me a “heads up” that the 10-20% off preowned games would go away around January 16th, but was originally slated for the Spring. This will be replaced by the monthly $5, which we’ve known about.

She also said it’s not confirmed, but preowned game prices may get a reduced price to counterbalance the change. Apparently the 10-20% trade bonus will continue and not be impacted by the $5.

Idunno, but I returned a phone once purchased with trade credit. I didn't say anything, and they gave me cash. I didn't argue. Over $300, too.

Just traded at my local store where I’m friends with some of the employees. She gave me a “heads up” that the 10-20% off preowned games would go away around January 16th, but was originally slated for the Spring. This will be replaced by the monthly $5, which we’ve known about.

She also said it’s not confirmed, but preowned game prices may get a reduced price to counterbalance the change. Apparently the 10-20% trade bonus will continue and not be impacted by the $5.
i think the 10% trade bonus not being impacted has been known...it's listed as a benefit of the new program: "10% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT on Games, Accessories, & Tech"

Received my first of 3 orders: Disgaea 1, Disgaea 5, Captain Toad, and Our World Has Ended. First two complete, second two generic case. Is it possible to exchange Disgaea 5 for Disgaea 4 if they are different prices preowned? My guess is no now that the sale is over.

nice, out of stock everywhere around me and part of the buy 2 get 2 deal. im screwed. sorry for the huge picture

attachicon.gif
IMG_20191231_145203498.jpg
Trade value for the X1 version is crap too, granted right now it's higher than it is for PS4. I assume you probably spent <$9, so you would still be profiting a couple dollars. Not great, but better than having a crap TIV.

I bought a game that I thought had a TIV of $16.xx, but instead I realized it only had a TIV of $6.xx. Looks like I gotta eat that loss unfortunately.

Got both Arms and Super Mario Maker 2 today. Both in generic cases. Arms was my free game, so I'd like to just exchange it for one with a case. I own Super Mario Maker 2 digitally and it looks like this will be a lot harder to find, so I may just return it for the $46 and grab something else.

Well at least there's still CAG16...

Inb4 they get rid of that too.

Trade value for the X1 version is crap too, granted right now it's higher than it is for PS4. I assume you probably spent <$9, so you would still be profiting a couple dollars. Not great, but better than having a crap TIV.

I bought a game that I thought had a TIV of $16.xx, but instead I realized it only had a TIV of $6.xx. Looks like I gotta eat that loss unfortunately.
worst part is the ps4 case is basically destroyed, so didnt even get a free case out of it. but yeah i can still scrape a little amazon profit out of it.

Thanks for the heads up. My Elite expires on 1/3/2020, so there is no point in me signing up online for the Elite glitch, since they are going to make everyone a $5 Pro member on the 16th. I will take the wait and see approach to see if the pre owned prices drop, as you mentioned.

Ugh. 8 of 16 games delivered today and my Mario Maker 2 arrived as an empty case, no cartridge. I saw people here complaining about their phone support, is the email any better? Odds of getting them to fix it?

Got both Arms and Super Mario Maker 2 today. Both in generic cases. Arms was my free game, so I'd like to just exchange it for one with a case. I own Super Mario Maker 2 digitally and it looks like this will be a lot harder to find, so I may just return it for the $46 and grab something else.
Success in getting cases for both.

So tomorrow is day number 7 and is the last day I can return titles from my Christmas Day order. I still have 3 titles Pending Product Availability and am starting to lose hope especially because all 3 are free titles. The downside is that one of my invoices shows 2 games I paid for and 1 free one on it. If I go in with all 3 titles are they going to refuse my return on the grounds of thinking I'm keeping the second free title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back