2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy New Year everyone. Here is the second part of all my orders from yesterday’s mail. Came home and there were so many that they had to put them in a big plastic bag and they were just sitting in front of my door after last nights festivites.[attachment=33473:C98DDF51-6656-41D1-B27C-75AE5067A981.jpeg]

Happy New Year everyone. Here is the second part of all my orders from yesterday’s mail. Came home and there were so many that they had to put them in a big plastic bag and they were just sitting in front of my door after last nights festivites.
attachicon.gif
C98DDF51-6656-41D1-B27C-75AE5067A981.jpeg
Very impressive; musta made for one confused postal worker.

(Unboxing video when?)

Just bought and return a game to swap out cases/artworks and got a cash refund. I paid with debit.

It’s really the rare games that are being shipped out without artworks/cases. I’m just surprised I got mordern warfare without case/artwork though. I don’t see anyone returning or trading in a plague tale innocence with case/artwork anytime soon so I guess I’m stuck with my generic case
The copy of Plague Tale I got during Black Friday B2G1 was disc only, but the one I got during this B2G2 came complete with box art. Like Querjek said, it's totally down to luck of the draw.

Rather than rely on your local Gamestops to get a nice copy, I would just quickly platinum it and sell it on Ebay, then wait for a better spot to try again for your collection copy. The market is remarkably dry for that game on Ebay (complete copies sell for around $30), so it should be super easy to sell for at least break even after shipping and fees. That's what I did, and my $20 disc only copy got a bite literally less than 30 minutes after I put it up. I probably priced it too low in retrospect, but I wanted it GONE immediately due to the other B2G2 copy incoming and I didn't want to get stuck trying to move two disc only copies.

I forgot to ask, but does the 4 of the same title per 30 days apply to 4 total cash or credit or 4 cash and 4 credit? thanks again
The 4 game limit is shared amongst both credit and cash. If it shares the same sku then you can only do 4 per month.

Out of the last 100 plus used ps4 games ordered online, they have always come complete from Gamestop except Switch games.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

just got an email for the $5 monthly certificate but what an absolute bore it can't be used online and expires in under 30 days. Realistically what can I use it with besides combining it with other certificates? 

I ordered a Sega Genesis Mini yesterday for in store pick up but it was sold out at that store and they cancelled the order. I got an email that said your ordered was cancelled and a note at the bottom that if you paid with trade credit, you will get it refunded on a gift card in another email. How long does that second email take to arrive? it's been about a day and haven't gotten it.

I ordered a Sega Genesis Mini yesterday for in store pick up but it was sold out at that store and they cancelled the order. I got an email that said your ordered was cancelled and a note at the bottom that if you paid with trade credit, you will get it refunded on a gift card in another email. How long does that second email take to arrive? it's been about a day and haven't gotten it.
They mail you a gift card.

The copy of Plague Tale I got during Black Friday B2G1 was disc only, but the one I got during this B2G2 came complete with box art. Like Querjek said, it's totally down to luck of the draw.

Rather than rely on your local Gamestops to get a nice copy, I would just quickly platinum it and sell it on Ebay, then wait for a better spot to try again for your collection copy. The market is remarkably dry for that game on Ebay (complete copies sell for around $30), so it should be super easy to sell for at least break even after shipping and fees. That's what I did, and my $20 disc only copy got a bite literally less than 30 minutes after I put it up. I probably priced it too low in retrospect, but I wanted it GONE immediately due to the other B2G2 copy incoming and I didn't want to get stuck trying to move two disc only copies.
Only problem is I don’t sell on eBay but only on apps where I have to meet up in person but I haven’t been using them since I keep getting low balled and got tired of trying to negotiate

I called Gamestop customer support about my Links Awakening still awaiting availability. She told me the game was still in backorder and it usually takes a week or 2 for the game to ship out. She told me it has not been cancelled and to look for an email when the game ships. I mean, I got a great deal so I can't complain about the delay but I just hope the game ships complete at least.

You know, I've been eyeing that Bayonetta 2 with Bayonetta 1 on Switch for a while, but now I'm thinking I should just use my Pro Membership and a preowned certificate and get it Used since Bayonetta 1 is coming out in 4K on the One next month.

I called Gamestop customer support about my Links Awakening still awaiting availability. She told me the game was still in backorder and it usually takes a week or 2 for the game to ship out. She told me it has not been cancelled and to look for an email when the game ships. I mean, I got a great deal so I can't complain about the delay but I just hope the game ships complete at least.
You aren't the only one who is waiting for that game to ship. Play something else until that precious email arrives.

That's a gift card on the way in the mail. Did you get a refund or something canceled?
It was a replacement game (sent me the wrong Zelda). When I had a store pickup order cancelled, I called (after waiting weeks) and they refunded the trade credit to the original card while I was on the phone. Seems no customer service experience is the same.

It was a replacement game (sent me the wrong Zelda). When I had a store pickup order cancelled, I called (after waiting weeks) and they refunded the trade credit to the original card while I was on the phone. Seems no customer service experience is the same.
I had a similar situation with the DotD Farming/Hunting Sims where one store cancelled one of the 2 packs I ordered online for in-store pickup and when I checked the balance it reverted from ~$20 to ~$10 so I figured the hold amount just got modified when they cancelled one of them.

Its still available on the website, I've noticed they've been pulling coupons from the app and only showing them on the site.
It's actually not available on the website either. I tried to get one a couple of weeks ago and ended just settling with a $5 cert.

its 2 cases and 2 cartridges from the unboxing i saw on youtube. basically just took the 2 games and shrinkwrapped them together.
Thanks

I actually ordered this, had to go out anyways so stopped by my pickup store, even though I hadn’t gotten the email it was ready, and it was “closed”...supposed to close at 9, lights on, someone in there cleaning, gate halfway down over the door, and phone calls answered by an automated voice saying the store is currently experiencing technical difficulties (this was around 6:30pm)

Guess he decided to close early...

Thanks

I actually ordered this, had to go out anyways so stopped by my pickup store, even though I hadn’t gotten the email it was ready, and it was “closed”...supposed to close at 9, lights on, someone in there cleaning, gate halfway down over the door, and phone calls answered by an automated voice saying the store is currently experiencing technical difficulties (this was around 6:30pm)

Guess he decided to close early...
Maybe that store was robbed.

Maybe that store was robbed.
I remember several years ago I went to a nearby game store and saw a game I wanted, but didn't have quite enough money. I decided to try to find a game at home to trade in, and in just the time it took to run home and grab it, the store was robbed. The cashier said they weren't doing any transactions at the moment while talking to an officer.

Well, I'm going to gamestop and see if I can get a artwork case of the game to replace the generic case that the website send me. Wish me luck. :)

Years ago, I went in to buy a 128 GB HDD for the Xbox 360 around the holidays. This was the Cheistmas where Beatles Rock Band was the big thing and Gamestop just had a giant bulk stack of them in the middle of the store. Somebody picked one up and casually walked out the door.

If I remember correctly, those things retailed for $250.

She thought it was a buy zero get one free sale. Or maybe 4 for $0.
She legit asked an employee what it was, said it was for her daughter and walked right out. She probably had more stuff since she came in with 3 bags. You always hear about shit like that but when it happens right in front of you, all you can do is laugh. Highlight of 2020 so far.

I think all of us with awaiting inventory will eventually get our orders, I'm seeing more and more used copies of AAA switch titles like Mario Maker 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Pokemon Sword and Shield being traded in in multiple stores around me since b2g2 ended (some stores around me has multiple used copies). Now if you're waiting on something more niche like Atliers Ryza then you might be waiting for awhile.

I think all of us with awaiting inventory will eventually get our orders, I'm seeing more and more used copies of AAA switch titles like Mario Maker 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Pokemon Sword and Shield being traded in in multiple stores around me since b2g2 ended (some stores around me has multiple used copies). Now if you're waiting on something more niche like Atliers Ryza then you might be waiting for awhile.
I hope so. I made 3 orders of Switch games, and the only ones that shipped were not the free ones lmao.

so im in california , trading in towards kakarot, does it only trigger the 50% or does it put it only on the 20% extra
I think it'll do 50% automatic, but I don't think that stacks with the 20% towards preorders. You're probably better off doing the 50% and then putting $5 or whatever towards the game.

I found an interesting glitch during the sale. I just had 4/10 and 4/20 games on my list. After I added about 40 dollars in games any game under $2.00 would use the B2G2 promo. So I scored 13 free ps2 games that probably wont come with cases. Anybody else notice this?

I found an interesting glitch during the sale. I just had 4/10 and 4/20 games on my list. After I added about 40 dollars in games any game under $2.00 would use the B2G2 promo. So I scored 13 free ps2 games that probably wont come with cases. Anybody else notice this?
Thanks for sharing at a time where others can get in on the deal.

Joking aside, good score though.

With the CSAC credit promo do you still receive the 20% extra credit from Elite Pro when receiving cash or is that only when you are receiving credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back