2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the B2G2 promo last week. 6/8 games came complete. Witcher 3 GOTY Ed and Days Gone both came in generic cases.

Discs were not beat up shockingly, I called the local store to track down another used copy complete hopefully, but it doesn't look like there was any used W3 within 50 miles according to their system.

it's been a week since my christmas order was cancelled. Been checking everyday and still no funds returned. The previous order was for a price mistake gaming chair. Unfortunately i never bothered to check my credit balance before i purchased that chair because I have no clue if they refunded my trade in credit for that order back in November. Customer service says 1-3 business days. In store says 3-5 business days.
I cancelled an order I paid with trade credit and had the same problem for 2 weeks. I found a post where someone asked them to remove the "outstanding pre-authorization" from the gift card. I tried asking them to do that and I was able to get my credit back.

Possible stealth bump. New super mario bros 2 3ds went from 5 or 6 base to 17.50. Saw some other 3ds games go up. Spyro ps4 went from 15 to 20

Possible stealth bump. New super mario bros 2 3ds went from 5 or 6 base to 17.50. Saw some other 3ds games go up. Spyro ps4 went from 15 to 20
damn, didnt think they would do a stealth bump with csac, lost a few bucks with days gone, its at $22 now, spiderman ps4 up to $19.25

I think some first party switch games also got a bump. The games that I traded in were $24-$27 base and are now $30-$33. Only game that I noticed that dropped was the new Pokemon games.

Did anyone ever get final confirmation one which gift cards trade credit could be used on? I know they'll work on digital currency cards(Xbox, Steam etc) but I thought someone had said it would work on Amazon cards still.

Did anyone ever get final confirmation one which gift cards trade credit could be used on? I know they'll work on digital currency cards(Xbox, Steam etc) but I thought someone had said it would work on Amazon cards still.
Only digital currency cards like xbox/ps/steam from what I can tell. I think the only thing that can be used on Amazon and other 3rd party cards now are pur rewards. And even that may be limited.

Spoke with an online rep. In regards to my B2G2 order, the two paid games arrived on 12/31, and the two free ones are still awaiting product availability. The rep put me on hold for a while she looked up the status of the two missing games, and she came back saying they are completely oos on these and not sure when they will be available.

I asked when would be the last day to return the two paid ones I did receive since I wasn't sure if it was 7 days like they say in store or 30 days like it says online. She said that all pre-owned games have only a 7-day return window. I explained that I don't feel confident that they will be able to fulfill the two free oos games and that, if the oos games do not become available by 1/6, I would go in store to return the paid ones before it is too late to get my money back. I then asked if they would be willing to give me a refund of 50% to turn the deal from B2G2 into B1G1. She wasn't able to do it on her end, but she forwarded the message to a team that could and I should (supposedly) get a response within 24 hours.

Most likely I'll be returning the two paid games to store on Monday. A real shame considering they both came with original cases.

Is there anyway to change the parts of my B2G2 that are still “waiting availability” to in store pick up?

A local store apparently has them in stock.

Spoke with an online rep. In regards to my B2G2 order, the two paid games arrived on 12/31, and the two free ones are still awaiting product availability. The rep put me on hold for a while she looked up the status of the two missing games, and she came back saying they are completely oos on these and not sure when they will be available.

I asked when would be the last day to return the two paid ones I did receive since I wasn't sure if it was 7 days like they say in store or 30 days like it says online. She said that all pre-owned games have only a 7-day return window. I explained that I don't feel confident that they will be able to fulfill the two free oos games and that, if the oos games do not become available by 1/6, I would go in store to return the paid ones before it is too late to get my money back. I then asked if they would be willing to give me a refund of 50% to turn the deal from B2G2 into B1G1. She wasn't able to do it on her end, but she forwarded the message to a team that could and I should (supposedly) get a response within 24 hours.

Most likely I'll be returning the two paid games to store on Monday. A real shame considering they both came with original cases.
Does your invoice only show the 2 paid games? Go ahead and return them anyways. GS will likely still send you the 2 free games if they become available and won't charge you for it. I returned a partial order on Monday, got full refund and they shipped me my free game 2 days ago with no additional charges. Apparently the store and online aren't talking to each other, my store manually entered my refund. He also told me to keep the 1 free game I already got since it says free on the invoice lol.

Does your invoice only show the 2 paid games? Go ahead and return them anyways. GS will likely still send you the 2 free games if they become available and won't charge you for it. I returned a partial order on Monday, got full refund and they shipped me my free game 2 days ago with no additional charges. Apparently the store and online aren't talking to each other, my store manually entered my refund. He also told me to keep the 1 free game I already got since it says free on the invoice lol.
This is YMMV. No go if you get a JD.

This is YMMV. No go if you get a JD.
I don't at all agree at all - or, if it is YMMV, it's a *very* high mileage average. Dude saying they don't talk to each other is spot-on; they work off packing slip only via manual entry, and even then, they can't know 100% what caused the discount anyway (renewal coupon? PUR cert?) without MAJOR extra digging (if at all?)

I used to straight-up try and walk them through returns like this myself (no, seriously, take the extra games, they were part of a promo...); they ALWAYS tell you to just keep them. Be it because of systemic laziness, lack of training, or unofficial policy, I don't know, but it's very consistent. Half the time they'll even fail to adjust pricing based on the packing slip's price. I had a guy just last week who I TOLD "hey, make sure to adjust the price down on these, too"; he just scanned the UPC and left the price as base for the return anyway. Had a double-take checking that at home.

It's very weird and feels skeevy, but it has gotten me to play faster and looser with my purse strings on online orders since I know they're so return-friendly; mitigates their inevitable screwups I'll have to deal with, so it mostly evens out.

Either way, guy should 100% go for it; this one's on Gamestop, and if support's not providing a timely solution, he's 100% in the right to return them. If he wants to, he can probably still manually cancel the remaining games awaiting stock; at this point they've put him out due to their own mismanaged inventory, though, so I wouldn't personally judge him if not.

They sent me a free controller that was supposed to come with a console, but the console still hasnt shipped. Price of the controller is 0.00 on packing slip. It is no wonder they are going out of business.

I’m not saying don’t go for it, but that it’s not going to work for everyone since my JD called the support line to confirm what the order was.  It’s obviously worth a try and if it fails, go to another store.

I’m not saying don’t go for it, but that it’s not going to work for everyone since my JD called the support line to confirm what the order was. It’s obviously worth a try and if it fails, go to another store.
Got overcharged on a order according to the packing slips and tried to do a return. The slips add up to b3g1. JD called a manager AND their support line to make sure I wasn't scamming because the invoices had 2 different invoice numbers with the difference being an additional number on the end of one(12345 vs 123456). I understand he's just doing his job, but dude, that $15 of mine you're trying to keep isn't going into your pocket and the company doesn't really give a shit about you.
I get what you're saying; that said, though, quick question - did just the slips show b3g1, or did the amount you paid (on GS.com and your card, if applicable) also show you getting charged? I ask because, in my experience, you might actually have unintentionally scammed them, lol.

Basically: there's two variants of packing receipts - a horizontal-oriented one with a big table showing prices and titles, plus some online-site looking logos and info at the top, and a vertical-oriented one that's structured much more like a store receipt. The vertical one's less common, but also prone to errors; frequently, if it's part of a partial shipment, it'll list a price for that item anyway, even if it was, in fact, received for free.

My copy of Star Fox was like that; came free as part of the order (100% sure, as it was the only 18.99 in an order with 3 19.99), was by itself in package with receipt for 18.99, and was confirmed not charged for on my statement.

Not the first time I've noticed it, either; I can totally see someone getting spooked by it, returning all three, and getting 150% of their payment back.

If that's indeed representative of your case, and you kept 3 and returned the one, the result is functionally the same as returning part of a b2g2; it's just the reasoning behind it/the fact that the order """somehow""" came through as b3g1 that might have tripped red flags for the associate. If, however, you got REFUNDED on the one, you came out better than a return would; return = B1G2, refund = B1G3.

Without having checked the price charged to you, though, you'd interpret the return as a B2G1 (bad) and the refund as a B2G2 (good), so I'd think the latter more likely.

They're different packing slips because one comes from the warehouse and the other is from a store. Not sure why you're stating your experience as something that happens commonly. The store slips are far more likely to have errors than the warehouse ones.

If you're lucky to get a seasonal who doesn't care about their job, then yeah, you'll have no issue returning games for the prices listed on the packing slips. But veteran employees will know what's up since they regularly handle online returns, and GS just had literally their biggest sale since, well, ever. They will likely suspect that you bought these games during the B2G2, so maybe they'll let it slide once or twice, but you're pressing your luck if you want more than that. We don't really know how many returns will get you flagged with loss prevention, and since GS historically has been a cash cow, it's better to not be too greedy.

Five of my eight games arrive today. Two already arrived last week with generic cases. Can't wait to see what my odds are this time. I'm going to guess it'll be 2 of 5 will have real cases.

Is there anyway to change the parts of my B2G2 that are still “waiting availability” to in store pick up?
When I mentioned that to the CSR thru email he said store stock wasn’t used to supply online orders and reserved for “local sales” so not sure where they draw their official “availability” from.

I’m still waiting for 2 MK8Ds myself :(

When I mentioned that to the CSR thru email he said store stock wasn’t used to supply online orders and reserved for “local sales” so not sure where they draw their official “availability” from.

I’m still waiting for 2 MK8Ds myself :(
I called up a local gamestop and asked him this. After being put on hold for like 5 min, he comes back and tells me pretty much the same thing. Online orders are pulled from a warehouse usually and are different than in store. He says I can buy the game in the store and then cancel the online order but that's the only way. I suppose I can call some other gamestops in my area and see if it's a YMMY thing but I doubt it.

Welp, looks like I'm probably going to go on and get banned as I was hoping to get a stealth bump around the 12th when about $600 comes off of my limit. I wish i knew for certain, much like I'm sure everyone else does, that Elite Pro is going to be finally killed on the 16th as if it wasn't then I would just wait

I just checked my trade credit transactions. I have about $300 worth of trades done on 12/3/19. I am very close to my limit. If I go tomorrow 1/4/20 to do some trades, will this $300 come off from my limit? Or should I wait a few more days to be safe?

I just checked my trade credit transactions. I have about $300 worth of trades done on 12/3/19. I am very close to my limit. If I go tomorrow 1/4/20 to do some trades, will this $300 come off from my limit? Or should I wait a few more days to be safe?
I'm hoping that the day you traded, in your case the 3rd, would count as day one in the 30 day rolling as I traded on the 31st and had a trade on the 1st of December and i haven't been back to trade since. I would go ahead and wait until at least Sunday if you're trading in games that are on the stealth bump list as they usually won't go back down until Tuesday morning

I'm hoping that the day you traded, in your case the 3rd, would count as day one in the 30 day rolling as I traded on the 31st and had a trade on the 1st of December and i haven't been back to trade since. I would go ahead and wait until at least Sunday if you're trading in games that are on the stealth bump list as they usually won't go back down until Tuesday morning
Thanks for the input. Yea I'll just play it safe and wait until Sunday.

I have $5 already on Dragon Ball. If I trade and put more towards the preorder, will that trigger the 20% extra credit, or does it have to be a new preorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back