2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I used CAG16 code and the only game that is still awaiting availability is LA. RDR 2 is listed at $0.00 on my packing slip so I don't think your theory holds much weight. It might be first come first serve or it might simply all be random. I lean towards the latter.
Yes, I'm leaning towards random also but it was just a thought for those of us who were still waiting. Either way... just makes me very hesitant to use their website again for ordering.

Thought i was gonna get a cancellation email for one of my switch games I order back on 12/01. Turns out after talking with a 2nd rep, the item had in fact shipped and i was never notified and it apparently arrived before what I believed the first part of my order did so that means it got stolen. :(

They put in a request for me to receive a replacement but I'm not holding my breath for it.

I was on as soon as the sale started. Bought Super Mario Party, Link's Awakening, and Dragon Quest XI S. All three were "awaiting availability" and the order was cancelled. I didn't use CAG16 so that wasn't a factor.

Are people having luck getting this honored by CS? Not expecting much since Gamestop has now fucked me over 2/2 times I shopped there in 2019.

So people getting one of the 4 games cancelled are getting refunds?
How is that working out? Pay for 1 get 2 free?

Well, now I am confused. I ordered 3x sets of 4 B2G2 switch games on Christmas at $89 per set after CAG16. 10 of my 12 games shipped, just got the cancellation email for my last 2. However, now my CC statement is showing only 2x charges of $89 and one charge of $32.80 that I don't recognize.

I am hoping this means I got 2 switch games for $32.80, but we'll see I guess.

Cancellation email as well. Said my order was cancelled (though 2 of 4 games I've already received). Paid with trade credit so ugh. They sent me a brand new Mario Kart already. What the heck are they doing over there. It's a shame their business is run so poorly.

I was able to buy 2 in store pick up and have 2 mailed to me. I got a canceled email for Control (which is one of the paid ones) and said I wouldn’t be charged. So I paid for Outerworlds and it seems got Plagues Tale and Mega Man X collection free.

is there another thread about GS closings in your area? when to one today here in Miami & want to know which others might be closing up shop!

So people getting one of the 4 games cancelled are getting refunds?
How is that working out? Pay for 1 get 2 free?
I don't think that's what's happening..

When I ordered my B2G2, I had the charge on my card for the paid games as they shipped (so I have 2x charges for $40-ish or whatever for my two paid games. Where I think some people are benefiting are if their free games shipped and their paid game got cancelled, they didn't get charged at all, or only got charged for the paid games that shipped.

Received my cancellation email as well.  Looks like DQ11 (one of my free games, from what I remember) was cancelled.  That sucks pretty bad, it was a $30 trade in :/

2x LA is still "awaiting availability" and yet the website shows that it is available to add to cart for the pre-owned version. Still haven't heard anything on that order yet so we'll have to wait and see. 

Got the cancellation emails then I checked the invoices for the 4 games I already received from them from 3 different orders, all said $0.00 on the invoice. Thanks Gamestop!!!

My first order I received all 4 games (Yoshi, Xenoblade, DKC, and Kirby) . 

My second order I only recieved Ys VIII ( Missing DQ11, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, and Zelda Links Awakening). The funny part, I was only charged $1.63 .

Joining the list of cancelled games, only 3 cancelled for me. It looks like 2 were free and 1 was paid for, so it looks like I got a b1g1 in one order and a b2g1 in the other which isn't the end of the world but still irritating. MK8, NSMBD and Witcher 3 were my cancelled games and luckily Link's Awakening shipped the other day as I was afraid it was going to get cancelled as well. 

Heads up for anyone with a physical copy of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection.  The trade value rose to $12 & will be on PS+ starting next Tuesday.  Of course I would trade it in yesterday for $6 + 60% instead of the $12 + 60% :cry:

Just traded in my copy of Yoshi's Crafted World with a generic case for $48. Snagged a used copy of Bayonetta 2 on a whim, but may exchange it into a different store for something better.

I got half of my B2G2 (Mario Maker 2 and Fire Emblem Three Houses) and then got a cancellation email for the rest of the order (Witcher 3 and Dragon Quest XI). I went back to check my PayPal invoice for the order and it says my total was $1.56, here's hoping!

I remember jumping on a 4 for $10 deal a long time ago, I explicitly remember buying Modern Warfare 3 and Kinect Star Wars, forget the other two. That might have been for $5 titles though.

I received 3 out of 4 games and was only charged $29, my 4th was the witcher 3 for the switch. It was a paid game and was cancelled.

I was planning to return that for a refund anyway. So the cancellation saved me a trip.

Count me in with the people getting screwed. Just got cancellation emails for half a dozen orders, all on the free games. No clue how that's going to work as I haven't even gotten the rest of the orders yet. I ordered immediately as soon as the sale began as well.

Received 10 of 11 switch orders with only one cancelation in my favor in addition only 5 generic cases out of nearly 40 plus switch games.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I got a cancelation email for my 250 dollar xbox1 x. I was already sent the free controller though so i guess it is a win. What a horrible company. Cant believe they have the free stuff set up this way. No wonder they are going out of business.

Before this thread gets "g"-railed .. have a question:

Are same day trade bans a thing? I'm easily going over $2k in a single day but want to keep trading until the day ends. Will use separate stores and separate trade cards with same ID.

Please let me know your thoughts

Are same day trade bans a thing? I'm easily going over $2k in a single day but want to keep trading until the day ends. Will use separate stores and separate trade cards with same ID.

I went well over 2k today and didn't get banned midday. Some were flips, but a lot was just from my collection because the values were so good in CA. On my last trade of the day I think I drew the attention of a JD because he clearly reprinted my receipt after my transaction. Thoughts?

Highly unlikely. You'll end up being okay until the next day. I suppose that if your account is flagged early in the day, someone higher up could put a trade hold on your account but I don't think I have ever heard that happen.

FYI Code Vein is getting a price drop on Sunday based on the ad to $39.99.

For those of you with access to the 50% boost, the game trades in for $48.00 with PUR ($30 base)

I traded the game in today & will rebuy on Sunday for the used price (hopefully $34.99 before PUR) to pocket some extra trade credit.

Received an email that an order was cancelled, but it still shows up as "Awaiting product availability" when I check the order. Not sure what's going on with that. 

I made some online and in-store purchases before New Years but never received any reward points. Anyone in the same boat? Would I have to call in to get it corrected?

Count me as one of those getting screwed. Basically charged me for 2 games from the b2g2, got those shipped to me (sekiro, death stranding) but cancelled my 2 free games (outer worlds and control)

I’m totally expecting.....well nothing. Let’s see how this turns out. Im pretty mad though

My two free Switch games ( Ys & Luigis Mansion 3) got shipped out first on the 27th and 30th and they both just arrived today with their original case. Today I just got an email saying my two paid Switch games got canceled and won’t be charged for them. But I looked at my banking statement it shows I got two separate charges of $2.43 on the 31st. Basically I got Ys and Luigi’s Mansion 3 for $4.86 total. No way that’s real but if it is I’m fine with it lol.

I guess they ran out of the popular games since everyone got too excited with this b2g2 with cag16. Their site sucks anyway but these are pre owned games so maybe that’s why they kept taking orders but unfortunately sold out.

My two free Switch games ( Ys & Luigis Mansion 3) got shipped out first on the 27th and 30th and they both just arrived today with their original case. Today I just got an email saying my two paid Switch games got canceled and won’t be charged for them. But I looked at my banking statement it shows I got two separate charges of $2.43 on the 31st. Basically I got Ys and Luigi’s Mansion 3 for $4.86 total. No way that’s real but if it is I’m fine with it lol.
That’s probably the shipping charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back