2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still says there is a $5 welcome gift! 

oe49iEb.jpg

elite pro is ending this year for me anyway, so i went ahead and finished cashing out

their new stupid program seems like a better deal than nothing though. i wonder if theres restrictions on it. like trading cards could be a good deal to get through the new program from the looks of it, unless theyre blocked.

Heard from a gamestop employee today that preowned game discounts are stopping for elite and pro members 1/16. Not sure if that exact date has been mentioned on here but thought I would share.
Ouch.

I did hear 1/16/2020 as a date of relevance, but I understood this was a transition date for "new" PUR members to start seeing a loss of dicounts on pre-owned.

I anticipated pro / elite to receive better treatment. :(not confirmed, my GS's insist benefits aren't going away 'til Spring -- according to employees). Thanks for the post, who knows anyways?

Things change :(

I did five online orders on Switch games using the b2g2 and every single order was a disappointment.

1) Two each of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Dragon Quest XI, but one of the Xenoblade games was the Torna cartridge which isn't worth nearly as much. Three of four had original cases.

2) Two of Fire Emblem Three Houses and Link's Awakening. Both Fire Emblem games they sent me were Fire Emblem Warriors which is also considerably cheaper than Three Houses. Only one original case.

3) Two of Breath of the Wild and Tropical Freeze. The packing slip showed all four games, but one Tropical Freeze was missing from the package. Also, only one original case.

4) Two of Kirby Star Allies, one Ys VII, and one Yoshi's Crafted World. I finally got the right games, but only one original case yet again.

5) Two of Super Mario Party and Mario Maker 2. I got the cancellation email for the Mario Maker 2 games, but received Mario Party as my free games. Thanks to this, I'll consider myself even with GameStop for this sale if nothing else gets fixed from the other botched orders. I have no faith in their customer service line to follow through on replacement orders.

Most tracking numbers also originated from NY state which I don't think I ever noticed before.

So trade limit is tied to the ID, I've hit my limit due to my last week transaction. I was able to use my elite and a friend ID for today's trade ins tho.

Waiting for SeriesX & PS5 now lol.

Heard from a gamestop employee today that preowned game discounts are stopping for elite and pro members 1/16. Not sure if that exact date has been mentioned on here but thought I would share.

So really no incentive to buy used, unless they plan on selling used copies for less than they do now. Good thing they rolled out that military discount on Veterans Day.

Guys I hit the jackpot today. I drove by a gamestop and saw closing signs. These are the clearance sales they had (off the top of my head) and they don't stack with pro or elite. Check for some stores that might be closing near you.

PS4 used games 30% off
PS4 new games 40% off
Switch New and Used games 20%
XOne used and new 40%
Ps3 and 360 60
Wii and Wii U games 50%
All consoles and accessories 20% off

They still had a decent amount of games. I bought about $200 worth and traded it to another gamestop for about $550. This was in CA so the 50% boost helped

I did five online orders on Switch games using the b2g2 and every single order was a disappointment.

1) Two each of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Dragon Quest XI, but one of the Xenoblade games was the Torna cartridge which isn't worth nearly as much. Three of four had original cases.

2) Two of Fire Emblem Three Houses and Link's Awakening. Both Fire Emblem games they sent me were Fire Emblem Warriors which is also considerably cheaper than Three Houses. Only one original case.

3) Two of Breath of the Wild and Tropical Freeze. The packing slip showed all four games, but one Tropical Freeze was missing from the package. Also, only one original case.

4) Two of Kirby Star Allies, one Ys VII, and one Yoshi's Crafted World. I finally got the right games, but only one original case yet again.

5) Two of Super Mario Party and Mario Maker 2. I got the cancellation email for the Mario Maker 2 games, but received Mario Party as my free games. Thanks to this, I'll consider myself even with GameStop for this sale if nothing else gets fixed from the other botched orders. I have no faith in their customer service line to follow through on replacement orders.

Most tracking numbers also originated from NY state which I don't think I ever noticed before.
Sounds like the best games you got were Ys 8 and DQ11 on Switch. Why not enjoy them?

Guys I hit the jackpot today. I drove by a gamestop and saw closing signs. These are the clearance sales they had (off the top of my head) and they don't stack with pro or elite. Check for some stores that might be closing near you.

PS4 used games 30% off
PS4 new games 40% off
Switch New and Used games 20%
XOne used and new 40%
Ps3 and 360 60%
All consoles and accessories 20% off

They still had a decent amount of games. I bought about $200 worth and traded it to another gamestop for about $550. This was in CA so the 50% boost helped
Which store?

Wish there was a list of stores closing so I could know if there was one relatively close to me...there’s so many in this area I can’t check them all...

Stopped by the GameStop by my parents and saw it was closing. Was already pretty well picked over. I couldn't find anything worth getting. Almost always stop in there when I visit my parents. Was a Prestige store. Was a nice little store.

That’s crappy. At least gcu people who extended their membership still get their benefits. While gs pro members don’t get discounts anymore. Thanks gs

anddddd one of my games got cancelled -_____-

considering im getting NOTHING out of their incompetence moments like this make me have zero empathy for playing their system against them to get the money back they owe!

FYI for CAG'ers living in eastern MA: The Gamestops at the Brockton Westgate Mall, Bridgewater, & Taunton locations are closing down. I can't speak for the other two locations, but the Westgate Mall Gamestop currently has new/used video games and accessories marked down to 40-50% off. Clothing and collectible merch is 60-80% off. The Nintendo stuff was mostly picked clean, but there was still a surprising amount of games, etc left for XB1 & PS4.
Good looking out! I’m guessing you already know this, but the Plymouth and Hyannis stores are non-CSAC so you’ll get a 50% bonus on trades automatically. Might be some flippable stuff in the closing stores!

One near me relocated to a different location. Does that count?
I had a store back in like 2016 that supposedly moved according to the sign they put on the window but the address listed was for a store that had already been there for years. It almost seemed like it happened from one day to another because I use to visit that particular store a lot but never knew until they were gone.

I always wondered if they closed that store because of money issues or because they had been robbed less than a year before they closed. The store front was rammed in the middle of the night by a truck and then had to be boarded up afterwards. To this day it is still vacant and boarded up. It even made the local news. Here's the story of what the idiots that robbed the store did https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.com/2015/07/03/burglars-sought-after-2-smash-and-grabs-in-long-beach/amp/. Apparently it was part of a robbery spree.

My order of Nintendo Switch games was canceled as well. Fire Emblem Three Houses shows up as being available at 6 stores within a 15 mile radius of me, Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening at four stores. My pro membership ended yesterday. I might be done with GameStop.

For those with cancelled orders, have you all noticed any difference in the way your order page looks?  I know people have reported that their cancelled orders still say "awaiting product availability" for the items that were never shipped out.  My two cancelled orders also show the same thing for the unsent items.  Also on my orders page, it shows "Partially Shipped" for my order status.  Does anybody out there actually show cancelled or anything like that either on the orders page or the order details?  Or maybe it will just keep showing "partially shipped" and "awaiting product availability" indefinitely even though the order is actually cancelled.

Went to all the Gamestops closing in my state and it was depressing. New games were at 40% off, used at 50% off, 10% off new consoles.

All the games of worth were long gone at 10% off (from what employees said). Almost everything was still higher after the discount than getting these games at Walmart or Amazon. They had some ok deals on collectibles and clothing though.

All in all, waste of time unless you really want some discount shirts and socks. They did have a bunch of copies of Pokemon Sword and Shield though at $36 so there's that.

Went to all the Gamestops closing in my state and it was depressing. New games were at 40% off, used at 50% off, 10% off new consoles.

All the games of worth were long gone at 10% off (from what employees said). Almost everything was still higher after the discount than getting these games at Walmart or Amazon. They had some ok deals on collectibles and clothing though.

All in all, waste of time unless you really want some discount shirts and socks. They did have a bunch of copies of Pokemon Sword and Shield though at $36 so there's that.
Did you find the closing stores from that blog site or some other way? I'm guessing that list is very incomplete since it's only based off of social media and local articles.

Huh I'm near the Chula Vista store

I wonder if managers choose what percentages or what systems to clearance or is it simply that the San Diego store is on a different stage of closing than the one someone mentioned pages back that had Sword and Shield for 40% off

One of my B2G2 orders had the label created December 27.  On my Order Details page, the status is "Shipped" but tracking only shows the label as being printed.  "Next Day Air Saver" was the shipping option used apparently.  I have a feeling these two games have never existed as far as a shipment so what do I do about it?  Customer service will likely tell me to keep waiting even though there is no more holiday rush shipping volume that would cause delays.  Should I just ask them to cancel it?  Of course, it's the two free games in the order, so you'd better believe I'm returning the paid games.  What a scam.

Out of my 2 orders, I ended up with 2 games that I could've found at any store.  The rest are vapor sales.  I wonder if this information would be of any interest to  their few remaining investors?

Did you find the closing stores from that blog site or some other way? I'm guessing that list is very incomplete since it's only based off of social media and local articles.
That list was completely accurate for me. I called some stores beforehand but after the 4th call, and they all said yes, I went ahead and got up all of them.

how does the 50% bonus work in california? am i correct in assuming that god of war and horizon zero dawn would each trade for $18 trade credit? because that sounds way too good to be true, i only paid like $10 a pop for them

how does the 50% bonus work in california? am i correct in assuming that god of war and horizon zero dawn would each trade for $18 trade credit? because that sounds way too good to be true, i only paid like $10 a pop for them
Yes, you'll get 18 for each, 19.20 if you have Pro, 20 if you're elite pro.

It's automatic at the register. The store I traded at yesterday had signage up about the extra 50% bonus.

How do the "most wanted trades" (MWT) bumps work? Is there a list published by GS every few weeks or is it just a website search thing?

I think a few pages back it was "MWT130" as the search term, does that mean the TIV changes expire Jan 30th? 

How do the "most wanted trades" (MWT) bumps work? Is there a list published by GS every few weeks or is it just a website search thing?

I think a few pages back it was "MWT130" as the search term, does that mean the TIV changes expire Jan 30th?
From what we learned in the past few years the "stealth bumps" usually happen once a month and begin on a Friday at the start of business and end on Monday at the close of business so for these bumps that started on Friday you would have until tomorrow.

From what we learned in the past few years the "stealth bumps" usually happen once a month and begin on a Friday at the start of business and end on Monday at the close of business so for these bumps that started on Friday you would have until tomorrow.
Interesting, so its just kind of random and not published anymore? Seems like in the past it used to be tweeted about, but I don't really do that tweety thing (im old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back