2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also got a follow up email on the “cancelled orders” for B2G2 (online with CAG)

“Hello,
I apologize for the inconvenience and the miscommunication.

This was an automated message sent by error to users with orders waiting for availability, but the order was not canceled and you can ignore the message.”

So looks like just keep on waiting!
What the...why wouldn’t they email out saying it was a mistake?

What the...why wouldn’t they email out saying it was a mistake?
If it was an automated message they’d need to know how their system works which I’m guessing they don’t.

I did get a “Your GameStop Order has shipped” email that was essentially blank with no order number or any text to indicate what was shipped - is that typical for refunds where they snail mail a gift card? I had a separate order error where they sent the wrong game and said they would refund me since it wasn’t in stock anymore so think this might be that?

I am so upset. I'm one of those people from the b2g2 that got my 2 free games cancelled. I was already charged for the 2 games that were shipped. 

out of all the cancellation sent, only one person received about the mistake? dont hold your hopes up, even gs cs don’t know whats going on.
Indeed. I did get an email to notify me that a free game was cancelled, but did not get an email stating that the previous email was a mistake. At least not yet. Maybe they are still working out which are mistakes or not. Maybe some WERE cancelled and others weren’t? Hard to say.

I received a email back when I questioned support about the cancellation email. I've also seen a few other people post the response they received and I have yet to see any other name than Diego R as the GameStop guest care, which concerns me.

Hello,
I apologize for the inconvenience.

This was an automated message sent by error to users with orders waiting for availability, but the order was not canceled and you can ignore the message.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further help.

Regards,
Diego R. C106268
GameStop Guest Care.

I'm still waiting for Dragon Quest XI which is my free game. Returned Xenoblade 2 which came with a generic case to make it a b1g1 as I highly doubt I ever receive my last free game. On the plus side I got the Witcher 3 and fire emblem three houses with original cases for $48 after the return, I can live with that.

Just check your order history.  If it still says awaiting availability, it's not yet canceled.

On an unrelated note, I walked past a store today and it will be having reduced hours.  Was 10am-9pm.  Now 11am to 8pm.  Is a prestige store too.

I have about $300 worth of games to trade in. I could get CSAC or I could get around 360 credit with the DBZ promo. Is it even worth it to get credit anymore now that the Pro is going to be almost useless? 

I have about $300 worth of games to trade in. I could get CSAC or I could get around 360 credit with the DBZ promo. Is it even worth it to get credit anymore now that the Pro is going to be almost useless?
I would get cash unless you want to put the legwork in to either flip games to Amazon or boomerang stuff back to GS to build up more credit.

Just check your order history. If it still says awaiting availability, it's not yet canceled.

On an unrelated note, I walked past a store today and it will be having reduced hours. Was 10am-9pm. Now 11am to 8pm. Is a prestige store too.
my order says it's in process since last week. Nothing happened. CS don't why it's on hold. Part of me wants to cancel, but I'm afraid, I don't even get a refund. I paid for it using trade credit.

I went with cash on my last trade, if they weren't cutting my 20% discount on used games or even if they just dropped it down to 10% pro I would have taken the credit. My Best Buy Gamers Club just expired too so I planned on spending a lot more at GameStop this year. If you know you want some games the extra $60 is another new game but with the upcoming changes I preferred the cash option on my most recent trade.

Would just like to mention the two $5 certificates I’ve recieved so far did work on used products. Employees never batted a eye or seemed to have issue.

Would just like to mention the two $5 certificates I’ve recieved so far did work on used products. Employees never batted a eye or seemed to have issue.
Contrary to what someone mentioned earlier, my $5 monthly reward certificate does not indicate anywhere that it isn't valid on used games. It does mention some exclusions may apply.

One of my b2g2 games had a nasty tear in the case. I returned it for $22 in store so I ended up with:

Team Sonic Racing

Days Gone

YookaLayleee

for $20 muahahaha

So we think we know that the cash vs TC limits are separate...but are the games separate as well? In theory could you trade in 8 copies of a game, 4 for TC and 4 for cash, and not get banned?

I received a email back when I questioned support about the cancellation email. I've also seen a few other people post the response they received and I have yet to see any other name than Diego R as the GameStop guest care, which concerns me.

Hello,
I apologize for the inconvenience.

This was an automated message sent by error to users with orders waiting for availability, but the order was not canceled and you can ignore the message.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further help.

Regards,
Diego R. C106268
GameStop Guest Care.

I'm still waiting for Dragon Quest XI which is my free game. Returned Xenoblade 2 which came with a generic case to make it a b1g1 as I highly doubt I ever receive my last free game. On the plus side I got the Witcher 3 and fire emblem three houses with original cases for $48 after the return, I can live with that.
I have ask why you would return XBC2, when you simply get more for trading it back in.

But, while we wait for shipping, I'll fill the time by adding my personal reviews of your games (Switch):

Dragon Quest XI -- "A"

Fantastic all around.

XenoBlade Chronicles II -- "B"

Good story, wonky RPG character growth, meh

Witcher 3 -- "A"

Visually spectacular. Open world. Mind blowing that this is even a Switch game.

Fire Emblem - Three Houses -- "D"

Boring, limited world. The strategic combat is super fun, but most of the game is boring dialog. There isn't very much to explore here. If it was all strategic combat, I'd say "A", but it's a bunch of limited animation dialog sequences. You'll spend most of your time hitting buttons to continue dialog. Lame.

But anyways ... Back to GameStop shipping ....

went to a gamestop that is closing soon they did not have much left but I did pick up Prototype Biohazard Bundle PS4 for $12.50

I went ahead and made time to go to GS today anyway. Devil May Cry 5 (X1) is a good Redbox flip; $10 to $19 (more with Kakarot preorder). Probably only good tonight though.

Wasn't sure whether to try to scrape off the Redbox rings, or act like it wasn't an issue. I decided to just be honest ask if it was all right; in my experience as long as you're polite and the cashier isn't an asshole they'll often let little things slide.

Welp went to trade in the few b2g2 games I received to recover getting cucked by cancels and naturally I'm banned somehow. Didn't go over any limits and didn't arouse any suspicion afaik so no idea where that came from but it's a bad time to not be able to unload stuff lol

Welp went to trade in the few b2g2 games I received to recover getting cucked by cancels and naturally I'm banned somehow. Didn't go over any limits and didn't arouse any suspicion afaik so no idea where that came from but it's a bad time to not be able to unload stuff lol
What store credit did you take .. what cash value did you take? What quantities did you trade in?

It would help this forum, as folks evaluate thresholds.

So I see one of my 4 games has shipped and I should receive it on Monday but I got a cancellation email say saying I won't be charged. I'm fine with them sending me a free game but I doubt it'll shake out like that. I paid with trade credit. How much of a headache am I in for?

One of my “cancelled” games just shipped, so it looks like the customer service agent was right.
I received the cancellation email on Saturday. 1 game had already shipped and arrived today, just looked online another game shipped and 2 show awaiting product availability.

All 4 of my PS4 games came complete with cases tonight.  Ordered Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls II, Dark Souls III: Fire Fades Edition and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.  Made the order on the last possible day of the B2G2.  Figured this was cheaper than getting the outrageously priced Dark Souls Trilogy.

Still waiting on 2x LA and 1x DQ11...still holding out hope!

Since I got a new driver's license, I was able to use that for a cash trade tonight ($170) instead of my military ID...hoping I'm not banned tomorrow. 

Well, I couldn't miss out on the stealth bump + 50% bonus because of all the crap I bought during the B2G2. So I took my mom to dinner and then we went to trade stuff in. Ended up profiting $200 ish plus 6 full priced Switch games. Now I am good until my trade ban ends in March.

One of my b2g2 games had a nasty tear in the case. I returned it for $22 in store so I ended up with:

Team Sonic Racing
Days Gone
YookaLayleee

for $20 muahahaha
Don’t u get charged for other games if u return one instore or did they just scan that one game and gave u back whatever price it rang up as

Don’t u get charged for other games if u return one instore or did they just scan that one game and gave u back whatever price it rang up as
gamestop is not that saavy, whatever the invoice in your shipment says you paid, you get back that amount. paid $0? you get $0. no prorating, nothing.

That stealth bump was nice coupled with a closing store near me, I only did 1 trip but i made $70 in credit and kept a few games. Now that the bump is gone I’m debating whether I should check another closing store but I might just check to see if there’s anything worth keeping. Are the bumps always similar titles? Might be worth picking stuff up for the next bump.

[attachment=33494:20200106_195725.jpg]

Welp... see you all on the other side. This isn't even everything, but probably 2/3rds. I just opened up everything last night. 270ish games Notes:

- I got 1 counterfeit Minish Cap, 1 demo disc instead of real Legend of Legaia for PS1, 1 gameboy game arrived broken cartridge, & 1 GBA game was a EUR copy (Lady Sia).

- I got a LOT of cases / art. 3 total manuals. THREE. Out of 100ish disc games. Only 1 game was mint / CIB. Probably half my disc games had case / art. Of those, maybe 25% actually had real cases. Most were generic / replacement flimsy cases.

- Pretty much every disc was resurfaced / buffed. Some of them look AWFUL. Tons of white goop in the middle and foggy. Some have that silver sticker in the middle as well. Gamecube games I'm genuinely worried about even working.

- Cartridge games generally were in GREAT shape. GB, GBC, GBA, N64, SNES. Most had fantastic labels. Back labels were hit or miss. Generally I'm very happy with these.

Overall feelings is that I'm mega disappointed with the discs. The resurfacing is AWFUL and I'm worried about many of them even working. I'm gonna have to test ALL of them, like... ASAP.

I'm not sure how I'll approach fake games / non-working games. Odds are, if it's less than 10% of the total orders I'll just deal. I can't imagine the headache of having to call in and explain why I bought so many games. LOL. Gotta take the good with the bad. Assuming most of the games work, I'll be SUPER happy. I still have 9 packages arriving tomorrow, and another 10 or so still "Awaiting Inventory".

I don't expect a sale like this to ever happen again. Which means I had to shoot my shot.

thanks, showed that picture to my wife, she promised to never complain about 4 or 5 packages being delivered on one day ever again as long as i never do that. :D/

I'm not sure how I'll approach fake games / non-working games. Odds are, if it's less than 10% of the total orders I'll just deal. I can't imagine the headache of having to call in and explain why I bought so many games.
Just walk into a store with a few of them w/ their packing receipts, ask to return retro in-store, point to the PAL or broken one, and say they sent you some funky carts/discs. Keep a few of your longer receipts on you, too, just to demonstrate volume, but pointing out the PAL copy would be the easiest way to generalize the issue, and it isn't super uncommon (I've had a a half-dozen games like this; Lolipop chainsaw came in PAL, just pointed out the issue, got the dude to chuckle about their internal QC, and went on my way). Stores collect defective merch/returns to ship back, they'll take it.

Yeah, the "free" ones on receipt probably aren't worth the hassle to get replaced, but the conversions to B1G2 from the returns you do get will make up most of the difference. I'd say try trading them them in if you're feeling ballsy/don't mind passing the buck down the line, but that'd just make them more money pawning off the repro carts to other saps so maybe don't do that.

That said, that's quite the, uh, shot you shot. Honestly a bit jealous; are discs mostly GC, PSX, PS2? Or modern stuff? Rest of the order indicates retro focus but I've never seen retro cases outside GC and that's a loooooot of cases you seem to have there.

Most of the cases are Gamecube and PS2 and a couple XB. No PS1 cases. The invoices in the order are often wrong compared to what it looked like online. There are some orders that show all 4 games I paid for (definitely didn't) and there's at least 1 order that says $0.00 for 4 games (that was the whole order). It's all sorts of screwy and it seems like the majority of the games I had issues with of course show $0.00 on the package invoice lol.

I went almost as big as JBlade00, but less retro (I got maybe 75 bubble mailers + 30 boxes, with a few still on the way). All pretty much same condition as described above.

Five of my orders had errors of some sort:

- one had all the wrong games (NES + SNES)
- one was missing an n64 cartridge
- one was missing a switch game
- one had fire emblem warriors instead of fire emblem three houses
- one had attack on Titan instead of attack on Titan 2

attachicon.gif

Welp... see you all on the other side. This isn't even everything, but probably 2/3rds. I just opened up everything last night. 270ish games Notes:

- I got 1 counterfeit Minish Cap, 1 demo disc instead of real Legend of Legaia for PS1, 1 gameboy game arrived broken cartridge, & 1 GBA game was a EUR copy (Lady Sia).

- I got a LOT of cases / art. 3 total manuals. THREE. Out of 100ish disc games. Only 1 game was mint / CIB. Probably half my disc games had case / art. Of those, maybe 25% actually had real cases. Most were generic / replacement flimsy cases.

- Pretty much every disc was resurfaced / buffed. Some of them look AWFUL. Tons of white goop in the middle and foggy. Some have that silver sticker in the middle as well. Gamecube games I'm genuinely worried about even working.

- Cartridge games generally were in GREAT shape. GB, GBC, GBA, N64, SNES. Most had fantastic labels. Back labels were hit or miss. Generally I'm very happy with these.

Overall feelings is that I'm mega disappointed with the discs. The resurfacing is AWFUL and I'm worried about many of them even working. I'm gonna have to test ALL of them, like... ASAP.

I'm not sure how I'll approach fake games / non-working games. Odds are, if it's less than 10% of the total orders I'll just deal. I can't imagine the headache of having to call in and explain why I bought so many games. LOL. Gotta take the good with the bad. Assuming most of the games work, I'll be SUPER happy. I still have 9 packages arriving tomorrow, and another 10 or so still "Awaiting Inventory".

I don't expect a sale like this to ever happen again. Which means I had to shoot my shot.
I'd love to know how many points you got.

I hope B2G2 becomes a regular thing.
I'm flabbergasted it was a thing at all. Black friday completely excluded retro; didn't even let you touch 3ds.

Then they just throw switch games at everyone like it ain't no thang????

On the one hand: bizarre. But on the other, they DID just get a bunch of data on a B1G1/50% off used promo, and chose to EXPAND it only a month later, so they must've seen something positive there...?

Either way though freakin' rip PUR%. Still no CAG16, either; now's when I'd start to worry.

Ya, my wife is just like "You're gonna stop buying for a while right?" :whistle2:
My wife doesn’t care so much about the stacks of bubble mailers, more that I am building “clutter” like amiibos and actually dropping by physical GameStops when we go out to do some trade ins or whatnot and she has to interact with the neck beards to drag the kids out from destroying their beyblade and Pokémon organization.

I’m still waiting for 90% clearance holiday items. Need me some ornaments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back