2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran across this and i do not know how accurate this is.....

can anyone confirm the stores near them if they are closing?...might be helpful... (I am in WI and can confirm the closing of the Hartford and Milwaukee store that's listed on Brown Deer Rd)

http://gsclosing.blogspot.com/

Man I'm so sad. Yesterday Code Vein had a trade value of $30 base and now it's down to like $17. I had 2 copies to get rid of two. :(

attachicon.gif
20200106_195725.jpg

Welp... see you all on the other side. This isn't even everything, but probably 2/3rds. I just opened up everything last night. 270ish games Notes:

- I got 1 counterfeit Minish Cap, 1 demo disc instead of real Legend of Legaia for PS1, 1 gameboy game arrived broken cartridge, & 1 GBA game was a EUR copy (Lady Sia).

- I got a LOT of cases / art. 3 total manuals. THREE. Out of 100ish disc games. Only 1 game was mint / CIB. Probably half my disc games had case / art. Of those, maybe 25% actually had real cases. Most were generic / replacement flimsy cases.

- Pretty much every disc was resurfaced / buffed. Some of them look AWFUL. Tons of white goop in the middle and foggy. Some have that silver sticker in the middle as well. Gamecube games I'm genuinely worried about even working.

- Cartridge games generally were in GREAT shape. GB, GBC, GBA, N64, SNES. Most had fantastic labels. Back labels were hit or miss. Generally I'm very happy with these.

Overall feelings is that I'm mega disappointed with the discs. The resurfacing is AWFUL and I'm worried about many of them even working. I'm gonna have to test ALL of them, like... ASAP.

I'm not sure how I'll approach fake games / non-working games. Odds are, if it's less than 10% of the total orders I'll just deal. I can't imagine the headache of having to call in and explain why I bought so many games. LOL. Gotta take the good with the bad. Assuming most of the games work, I'll be SUPER happy. I still have 9 packages arriving tomorrow, and another 10 or so still "Awaiting Inventory".

I don't expect a sale like this to ever happen again. Which means I had to shoot my shot.
I'm all for shooting your shot, but when it comes to Gamestop, that's like going to a prostitute and hoping it's her first day or something. Maaaybe, it will work out well and you get a Pretty Woman situation, but most likely, you'll end up at the clinic and have to apply ointment for the next three months.

I'm all for shooting your shot, but when it comes to Gamestop, that's like going to a prostitute and hoping it's her first day or something. Maaaybe, it will work out well and you get a Pretty Woman situation, but most likely, you'll end up at the clinic and have to apply ointment for the next three months.
I bought plenty of retro games from the sale. Most came in better condition than I expected. Definitely worth the sale price at least.

But I am left wanting to get them in even better condition and complete from ebay now lol.

I'd be less inclined if the games were complete but gamestop has the inconceivable policy of trashing manuals on retro trade ins.

Does anyone know why the PUR certs have old exp dates in the app? I wanted to get a $10 cert but the cert notes dates of 6/30/19 to 12/31/19. 

I bought plenty of retro games from the sale. Most came in better condition than I expected. Definitely worth the sale price at least.
But I am left wanting to get them in even better condition and complete from ebay now lol.
I'd be less inclined if the games were complete but gamestop has the inconceivable policy of trashing manuals on retro trade ins.
I think GameStop went pretty hard on educating their employees to only accept retro games with pristine labels, hence the nicer condition of cartridge games . I had a few retro trade ins rejected by GameStop for having little nicks in the label I didn't even notice.

What is a wife?
Typically a pre-owned system with a vast libray of two player games... but enough ports for 4 players. If you're going to attempt to trade one in, definitely try remove all the bugs and include all the cables. Good luck trying to fit it back in the original box!

So I just looked at my Active Offers and saw that I got 4 birthday coupons. I take it that it’s a glitch?
It's been shooting out 4 in error for a few months now. They're all valid. I'll take one off of your hands if you're trying to get rid of them, today's my bday and still haven't gotten 1 :'(

It's been shooting out 4 in error for a few months now. They're all valid. I'll take one off of your hands if you're trying to get rid of them, today's my bday and still haven't gotten 1 :'(
Hbd..mine in in 10 days and haven't gotten one either. Suspect it's not coming, huh?

Hbd..mine in in 10 days and haven't gotten one either. Suspect it's not coming, huh?
Thanks! Happy early bday to you! I talked to one of the store leaders when I was trading over the weekend. He said with the new program rolling out they've been seeing issues with offers being delayed or just not sending out at all. Told me to wait until the new program rolls out and see what happens then follow up. But considering the timing not an encouraging explanation.

I think GameStop went pretty hard on educating their employees to only accept retro games with pristine labels, hence the nicer condition of cartridge games . I had a few retro trade ins rejected by GameStop for having little nicks in the label I didn't even notice.
If only they could train their employees that hard to spot fakes.

Just got a warning from a manager I know. She said to be careful where I trade things in because my name has come up a few times. Sucks because the trade I did last night was at a store where I’m cool with the manager. Thankfully I’m done with trades until my ban is lifted in March.

It blows me away how much GameStop fucks up their resurfacing. I literally use the exact same resurfacing machine at home to fix their botch job so I know it's possible to get good results with that machine.

Basically there's a resurfacing solution and a polishing solution. You're supposed to do the polishing after all the resurfacing but I think they skip it entirely. Since they do such a shit job at resurfacing it just leaves a hazy swirl that makes the disc even harder to read than it probably was before they touched it.

It blows me away how much GameStop fucks up their resurfacing. I literally use the exact same resurfacing machine at home to fix their botch job so I know it's possible to get good results with that machine.

Basically there's a resurfacing solution and a polishing solution. You're supposed to do the polishing after all the resurfacing but I think they skip it entirely. Since they do such a shit job at resurfacing it just leaves a hazy swirl that makes the disc even harder to read than it probably was before they touched it.
I have never understood it either. I put their discs in my machine and they come out looking great. I use Meguiar's G17220 Ultimate Compound once and it looks good. I don't know how they screw it up so bad and leave that stupid white inner circle.

I literally use the exact same resurfacing machine at home to fix their botch job so I know it's possible to get good results with that machine.
Got a rec (machine+compounds)? Suddenly reminded I used to look be looking for one back in the day (~08-12) but only ever found a bunch of obviously shit hand-crank ones, machines with scathing reviews, and business-oriented models costing upwards of $1500.

Recently fulfilled another long-standing useless hardware desire by grabbing a datavac duster I never use; if there's a decent buffer out there I wouldn't mind wasting a paycheck to clean up gamestop's refuse.

I've heard pretty decent recommendations for the JFJ Easy Pro. It's relatively cheap if and has good results compared to a machine that costs thousands.

How unfortunate that Gamestop is such a mess. I like them and have found some awesome deals with them, but their system is horrible.

I traded in 80 worth of games and bought about the same amount, and still no points on my account. It's been a feq days already

Many times, while looking for deals, I realize how time consuming it can be and that I am better off just actually playing my backlog.

Are we having more fun doing the shopping and finding deals, than actually playing the games? Lol

Many times, while looking for deals, I realize how time consuming it can be and that I am better off just actually playing my backlog.
Are we having more fun doing the shopping and finding deals, than actually playing the games? Lol
I look for the deals as much as I can because I need to stock my backlog up as much as possible because I know when it's over I won't have nearly as much money to get new games with. Doing flips and the like at Gamestop over the past 2 1/2 years has allowed me to play nearly every new gaame I want to, gotten me a PS4 PRO, XB1X, Wii U, PS Vita and nearly every game I could ever want on all of those consoles. I'll have plenty of time to go through that backlog now that Elite Pro and doing flips is over and buying every game as it comes out will be buying only the games that I really want and have to have day 1

I went to my usual store today and the trade-in values were lower than what was on the website and app. I was just there 2 days ago to trade in other games and everything came up as their listed values. So I'm wondering if more stores have gotten this new test pilot program to have lower than listed trade values.

I went to my usual store today and the trade-in values were lower than what was on the website and app. I was just there 2 days ago to trade in other games and everything came up as their listed values. So I'm wondering if more stores have gotten this new test pilot program to screw over unsuspecting customers.
FTFY

Box mountain dude two-timing us on r/gamecollecting, shame  :shame:

Better get that unboxing vid out soon bub, I want to see all 372 of those greasy, stained cds and carts stacked wall-to-wall across your carpeting.

I ask myself this question a lot. My PS4 backlog alone is close to 100 games now, if I count the games I have started and haven't beaten that number would almost double.

I noticed that the last game of my B2G2 that was "awaiting product availability" is now in the status of "preparing for shipment".  It was one of the paid for games (Game & Wario).  That is after I had received an email saying it was cancelled.

Also, I received an email for a $5 Reward Certificate from them rounding up.  I noticed that fine print said I need a PowerUp Rewards Pro membership to use it?  Is that accurate?  A coupon that requires me to pay to use it?  Seems like inaccurate fine print.

This is the problematic part of a place like this. We turn into collectors instead of players.

Got a rec (machine+compounds)? Suddenly reminded I used to look be looking for one back in the day (~08-12) but only ever found a bunch of obviously shit hand-crank ones, machines with scathing reviews, and business-oriented models costing upwards of $1500.

Recently fulfilled another long-standing useless hardware desire by grabbing a datavac duster I never use; if there's a decent buffer out there I wouldn't mind wasting a paycheck to clean up gamestop's refuse.
JFJ easypro is $150 and delivers for the price. Yeah, it's not going to give you that perfect mirror finishing that machines costing over a grand will but it does a good job in the bang for your buck department. It took a bit of practice but I can get a mirror finish on most discs including black bottom ps1(the toughest of the tough) even without any sort of practice or hell, even without reading the fucking directions, and you'll probably still do a better job than GameStop does at resurfacing.

Edit: they sell a separate plate to resurface GameCube discs but I haven't purchased or used it so I can't comment. In general most GameCube games work so I don't mess with it...unless GameStop gets ahold of them that is.

Just got a second cancellation email for the same free game I got one for on Friday. Different text, this time though. Cool.

And now it actually shows cancelled on my order details. Real cool.

Got this email as well:

"Hello,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. The item The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (205897) has been canceled due to it is currently out of stock.

A 10% discount on a future order was given as a courtesy hoping for further business with you.

Thank you for reaching out to us,

Anaely M. C104612
GameStop Guest Care"

My two free switch games were canceled, but I only ended up paying $32 for the other two. Not sure how that happened. Also was able to return two other games from a different b2g2 order for about $13 more than I paid. Not sure how that happened either but not gonna complain.

I had four orders placed by 1AM of the sale. On my last order, they charged the paid two games, and cancelled the two free. Meanwhile, the games are in stock on the website for several weeks. Cannot cancel the order, return the games, or change any of the terms of sale now that they intentionally waited so long. No compensation for this, and it's outright deception.

If GameStop is trying to make enemies out of customers, they are doing a wonderful job. Next time they overlap promos, I will remember this.

I had four orders placed by 1AM of the sale. On my last order, they charged the paid two games, and cancelled the two free. Meanwhile, the games are in stock on the website for several weeks. Cannot cancel the order, return the games, or change any of the terms of sale now that they intentionally waited so long. No compensation for this, and it's outright deception.

If GameStop is trying to make enemies out of customers, they are doing a wonderful job. Next time they overlap promos, I will remember this.
I’m no expert in law, but this really seems like it should be illegal or at least fall into the category of false advertising. I wonder if enough people actually complain if they’ll do something.

I’m no expert in law, but this really seems like it should be illegal or at least fall into the category of false advertising. I wonder if enough people actually complain if they’ll do something.
Smells like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

It's considered fraud if the transaction were between two private parties. Land of the free, home of the corporation.

Got another cancellation email too. Portion of my order now shows "cancelled", and the other "awaiting product availability".  Paid with a giftcard, which I imagine will be a pain to get adjusted (eventhough there's absolutely no reason it should be).  This whole thing is such a mess.  I'll still shop at their stores, but unless there's some major changes, I'm done with their online store.  Shopping online, especially with a major retailer, shouldn't be this much of a problem.

Yup got my cancels as well. They cancelled 12 of my free games and I'm livid. Wtf are we supposed to do other than attempt to return the games we paid for? As a side note, I closely track the trade cards and amounts I have on them and they're randomly fluctuating with more or less credit even though I've not used them since the sale. Don't know how to accurately track them now since the pricing on the invoices is just plain wrong.

Anyone have the best Twitter handle to blow them up with complaints? I had 7 canceled and it’s hard to tell if they were the free or paid ones 🤷🏼‍♂️

If GS actually cared, they would send store inventory to customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back