2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
[snip]

I ended up buying the digital copy & tried to sell my physical copy & it crashed for them also. The cart was in flawless condition. I ended up trading it into GS.

PQ1 is fine, but the 2nd one is better. In PQ2 you auto heal when you leave the dungeons but in PQ1 you have to pay & it goes up 100 currency each time.
Ye saw some of those in searching, but most all were back nearer launch (~2015) and read more as individual problems ("it's also affecting FE awakening and animal crossing..."), rather than something caused recently-ish to Q specifically by way of a system update - so I didn't really get the impression it was a widespread, "known" thing.

Either way, though, will make sure to keep save backups. Worst case, can always just dump the cart to file, install the CIA and transfer saves. Thanks!

I just checked my Active Offers in the app and found a $10 Off Any One Item Welcome Offer. Anyone know what this is about? I’m wondering if the conversion to the new reward system is happening...I’m still Elite Pro until March.

I just checked my Active Offers in the app and found a $10 Off Any One Item Welcome Offer. Anyone know what this is about? I’m wondering if the conversion to the new reward system is happening...I’m still Elite Pro until March.
Hmmm same here. Have the coupon and I’m elite pro until September.

I also have the $10 Welcome offer, elite pro....maybe it’s a typo and just missing “You’re” before the welcome for buying and trading so much stuff :/

untitled-2-02.jpg

not elite...no coupon (not even the $5 yet)....so i would assume this is their "f*ck thank you" for being elite....wonder if it's just a one time thing?

The value of the $10 coupon completely depends on what it can or can’t be used on...digital currency and gift cards or gtfo

So interestingly enough, it looks like that welcome offer also took 10,000 points out of my balance - with no redemption record

I only noticed because it literally changed by 10,000 during that initial load

Just renewed my pro online and my subscription went back up to Elite Pro
How long did it take to show up as renewed? I just tried to renew online using trade credit and nothing changed for me (Elite expired and was switch to free member back on 1/3/2020).

How long did it take to show up as renewed? I just tried to renew online using trade credit and nothing changed for me (Elite expired and was switch to free member back on 1/3/2020).
takes 2-3 days usually, I'd recommend doing multiple years now to anyone who wants to try and lock it in before they kill it off forever when they find that glitch

So I just got a physical gift card in the mail because they had sent me the wrong game as part of the B2G2, but didn't have it in stock anymore at the warehouse. So what can I buy with a gift card I can't with trade credit?  :beer:

So I just got a physical gift card in the mail because they had sent me the wrong game as part of the B2G2, but didn't have it in stock anymore at the warehouse. So what can I buy with a gift card I can't with trade credit? :beer:
i'm getting one today (thanks USPS Informed Delivery)....I have no idea how much it's going to be for lol...

i'm getting one today (thanks USPS Informed Delivery)....I have no idea how much it's going to be for lol...
I just didn't ask for specifics on what they would refund when they told me that was my only option and they ended refunding me the full price before B2G2/Cag16, and let me keep the incorrect game (I traded it into Amazon already so.... win³). Mine came in a snail mail spam looking piece of paper with GS/Thinkgeek logos, almost threw it away.

I also answered my own question - I bought a Netflix $60 eCard online and paid a few bucks extra on a credit card and already redeemed for a few more months of streaming :D/

To answer my own question, it took about 30 minutes. Hopefully they don't mess with Elite on Jan. 16th.

is this glitch only accessible to those who had Elite Pro on their account once before?
Yes. My Elite expired for me on Jan. 3 and I was not planning on renewing but saw that the glitch was still working and could not pass this opportunity up.

Anyone else using the 20% before it dies? Wondering if it’s better just to wait for B2G1 or other promos...I did get Pokemon Sword, Super Mario Odyssey, and a few other NSW games before the Elite discount dies.

This sucks.

It’s only a doubled welcome gift (one time).

It doesn’t double are certs through the entire Elite Pro timeframe.

Does anybody have a link to the terms and agreement? Technically, regardless of how they position it (rewards program vs other language) This is a material alteration to a subscription service without honoring the terms of the original subscription.

It’s only a doubled welcome gift (one time).

It doesn’t double are certs through the entire Elite Pro timeframe.

Does anybody have a link to the terms and agreement? Technically, regardless of how they position it (rewards program vs other language) This is a material alteration to a subscription service without honoring the terms of the original subscription.
GameStop, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel an individual Elite Pro Membership by refunding the purchase price.

"If you prefer not to participate in the NEW Pro tier, you may cancel your membership and request a refund of the unused portion of your Elite Pro membership by 7/31/2020. Please contact Guest Care for more information."

Probably not worth it for the hassle of calling them but they acting in good faith and offering prorated refunds if you don't wish to participate in the new program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back