2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
"If you prefer not to participate in the NEW Pro tier, you may cancel your membership and request a refund of the unused portion of your Elite Pro membership by 7/31/2020. Please contact Guest Care for more information."
Probably not worth it for the hassle of calling them but they acting in good faith and offering prorated refunds if you don't wish to participate in the new program.
Is that in the email? I haven’t received mine yet.

"If you prefer not to participate in the NEW Pro tier, you may cancel your membership and request a refund of the unused portion of your Elite Pro membership by 7/31/2020. Please contact Guest Care for more information."

Probably not worth it for the hassle of calling them but they acting in good faith and offering prorated refunds if you don't wish to participate in the new program.
I have elite pro til 2025 so I’m going to take the refund as soon as the elite benefits no longer apply at POS.

I also received the email today...yuck lol

Reading this thread got me thinking about how confused gamestop seems to be. Nothing is ever smooth when dealing with them. Just when you think you have a great deal b2g2) they slap you with some b.s.

With that said, anyone know if the 50 percent trade is still on in CA?

It’s only a doubled welcome gift (one time).

It doesn’t double are certs through the entire Elite Pro timeframe.

Does anybody have a link to the terms and agreement? Technically, regardless of how they position it (rewards program vs other language) This is a material alteration to a subscription service without honoring the terms of the original subscription.
The email says to contact "guest care" to get a refund of your remaining elite balance if you don't want to continue on with a Pro subscription. I'll be getting my remaining 5 years refunded. fuck them and fuck this.

Way to go! I considered taking this route with my stack of games instead of trading the games in for cash, but OfferUp is absolutely terrible for me. I was asking just $40 for NSMBUD, everyone tries lowballing me to $20-$25, and still expect me to ship and lose out on the 9% fee. I told one guy I could get $35 cash at GameStop, and he went off on me.
Holy crap, their fee is 9%? Was thinking about trying them but 9% is kind of insane. I know it's better than eBay's 10% + Paypal's 3-4%. At least with eBay, I know the ins/outs though...

Kinda wish they gave more notice on cutting elite. The $10 coupon which expires at the end of the month isn't going to make up for the less than 1 week notice to use it. 

So to recap on the new plan, 10% in trade ins and the lousy $5 a month?

Smh didn't expect to wake up to this kind of news 🤬.

Probably going to end up doing some impulse purchases today to use last of my elite. I was going to reframe from flipping for a while, but this just sparked me to do a going away flip!

Reading this thread got me thinking about how confused gamestop seems to be. Nothing is ever smooth when dealing with them. Just when you think you have a great deal b2g2) they slap you with some b.s.

With that said, anyone know if the 50 percent trade is still on in CA?
should be, csac still going next week according to weekly ad

Holy crap, their fee is 9%? Was thinking about trying them but 9% is kind of insane. I know it's better than eBay's 10% + Paypal's 3-4%. At least with eBay, I know the ins/outs though...
I've never tried the shipping options . I usually just keep it local and meet in a public space. No charge there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda wish they gave more notice on cutting elite. The $10 coupon which expires at the end of the month isn't going to make up for the less than 1 week notice to use it.

So to recap on the new plan, 10% in trade ins and the lousy $5 a month?
Where are people getting these updates...? I haven't gotten any message from GS in years... never got the B-day coupon nor gotten updates on the changes. My PUR rewards still don't show new coupons that expire in 2020... all of them show 2019 and I'm too nervous to redeem points for them and then just lose out on points.

Where are people getting these updates...? I haven't gotten any message from GS in years... never got the B-day coupon nor gotten updates on the changes. My PUR rewards still don't show new coupons that expire in 2020... all of them show 2019 and I'm too nervous to redeem points for them and then just lose out on points.
Have you logged into your account on the desktop version to see what email you set your account to? For some reason I have 2 emails on 1 account.

Also check the desktop version to see if you have the "welcome offer" under your active offers. Might show on the app as well. The update was an email from [email protected], it's the same email address that tells you about the weekly deals (maybe you blocked them or unsubcribed).

That said, I'm concerned about redeeming the points too now. Last time I did, it was last month, so I wonder if anybody can chime in if redeeming has worked this month.

Also check the desktop version to see if you have the "welcome offer" under your active offers. Might show on the app as well. The update was an email from [email protected], it's the same email address that tells you about the weekly deals (maybe you blocked them or unsubcribed).

That said, I'm concerned about redeeming the points too now. Last time I did, it was last month, so I wonder if anybody can chime in if redeeming has worked this month.
Redeemed yesterday with an expiration of 3/30/2020.

Smh didn't expect to wake up to this kind of news .

Probably going to end up doing some impulse purchases today to use last of my elite. I was going to reframe from flipping for a while, but this just sparked me to do a going away flip!
i got my elite account 90 day ban.. really wanted to flip but oh well...

i got my elite account 90 day ban.. really wanted to flip but oh well...
Flips weren't that great anyway. Only 90+ titles and so many of us are trade banned from the B2G2. Out of the 600+ B2G2 flips each store had around 70-200 in stock at least near me so that is when you should of tried to make bank.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JkDFCuBg9-2hq1aAJvlHla7QiApNZAz57Ngu1GRT5Pg/edit?usp=sharing

Many require Elite Pro like the 4/60 and B2G2 sheet I made. This is my last sheet assuming they kill Elite Pro for obvious reasons. The easiest console to find is the Sega Genesis Mini but Playstation Classic has a far better cost. Nintendo Wii is another choice at $59.99 and you can trade the accessories back in for $12+.

Has anyone contacted them and been successful with getting them to honor what you originally ordered or refunded you regardless if the cancelled games are listed as 0.00? 

Redeemed 25,000 points on 1/1 and 5,000 points on 1/4.

As an aside, please don't make these claims about points not being able to be redeemed, unless you actually tried redeeming points. I mean without context it's kind of difficult telling whether that too is now an issue (on top of the other issues, like cag16 not working and elite ending). I only say this as this kind of stuff may be read by one person, and next thing we know it's being echoes by others.

Have you logged into your account on the desktop version to see what email you set your account to? For some reason I have 2 emails on 1 account.
Yep, email is correct. I get all the emails for orders and stuff.

No, nothing blocked... but maybe if I sign up for their newsletters or something. Guess I'll try it.

So what happens to everyone who bought years of Elite lulz[emoji851]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So what happens to everyone who bought years of Elite lulz[emoji851]

Get a refund, spend the remainder of their built up credit and/or hold for ps5/xbx, then take their business elsewhere for a better shopping experience...

Redeemed 25,000 points on 1/1 and 5,000 points on 1/4.

As an aside, please don't make these claims about points not being able to be redeemed, unless you actually tried redeeming points. I mean without context it's kind of difficult telling whether that too is now an issue (on top of the other issues, like cag16 not working and elite ending). I only say this as this kind of stuff may be read by one person, and next thing we know it's being echoes by others.
Vinny had a legit concern, didn't actually claim it didn't work. if you check the rewards section on the phone app, it still does have a 2019 expiration date listed before redeeming. So I thank all the people who chimed in, confirming that you won't be buying expired coupons.

as an aside, i don’t think a $5 coupon is enough incentive (read=worth the time and inconvenience) to have to go to the store every month so I doubt I’ll bother tbh. unless they significantly change their game pricing (don’t care abiut collectibles) then I doubt their will be much reason to be there otherwise.

Here’s a membership that I would have interest in for purely purchases only...monthly digital game discount coupon.

I’d love for a store to incentivize me to buy digital games and currency through them instead of directly from sony/ms/nin.

Elite effects sill in effect, as of today.

The DotD today was Blacksad on Switch.  It's going to be a rare game, IMO, if I understand correctly, as only 1 copy was ever sent to each GameStop.  It didn't sell very well.  It's not $50 good, but $24 great, new.

I still got %20 bonus for trading in games.  Also dumped the $10 coupon.

There "IS" a way to know future deals of the day, for Switch.  For instance, I predict EverSpace (again), HellMut (again), and Close to the Sun (1st time), in the next week or 2.  There will be other titles to pad, as certainly GS owns a plethora of shitty games (not what I listed!.. I'm not listing shitty games) they want to dump.

Close to the Sun looks decent.  Not $30 decent .. but $12 or $14 might tickle me....

Let's see if I'm right :)

Elite effects sill in effect, as of today.

The DotD today was Blacksad on Switch. It's going to be a rare game, IMO, if I understand correctly, as only 1 copy was ever sent to each GameStop. It didn't sell very well. It's not $50 good, but $24 great, new.

I still got %20 bonus for trading in games. Also dumped the $10 coupon.

There "IS" a way to know future deals of the day, for Switch. For instance, I predict EverSpace (again), HellMut (again), and Close to the Sun (1st time), in the next week or 2. There will be other titles to pad, as certainly GS owns a plethora of shitty games (not what I listed!.. I'm not listing shitty games) they want to dump.

Close to the Sun looks decent. Not $30 decent .. but $12 or $14 might tickle me....

Let's see if I'm right :)
I'm hoping we get a repeat of Infamous/Bloodborne/GoW III for $5, I got super busy at work and forgot to pick up my order before the store cancelled it.

Has there been any comment from the Mods regarding cag16?
CAG16, CAG10, etc, are dead.

There is nothing left, but body parts, and a few half-burned gift cards. It was messy.

CAG codes were stolen, and they likely won't come back. They aren't CAG specials, if other sites advertise them.. /poo.

Got my gift card from my cancelled "free" copy of The Witcher III. How the hell do they come up with these numbers? On a $91 purchase which turned into B2G1 free, I got a card back for like $8.86. Where does that number come from? I know other people were expecting gift cards in the mail today from that promotion. What was your luck?

New PUR = limiting your member savings to $5/month instead of uncapped % of your purchases. Hopefully it will mean more B2G2 events in the future with the new system refresh cycle coming up. 

I guess normal pro members don't have the option to cancel subscriptions? Also, I read online that the new PUR will also trigger an additional $5 coupon for every 4 new games purchased. I'm sure someone will figure out some $1 item will be considered a "new  game".  :twoguns:

New PUR = limiting your member savings to $5/month instead of uncapped % of your purchases. Hopefully it will mean more B2G2 events in the future with the new system refresh cycle coming up.

I guess normal pro members don't have the option to cancel subscriptions? Also, I read online that the new PUR will also trigger an additional $5 coupon for every 4 new games purchased. I'm sure someone will figure out some $1 item will be considered a "new game". :twoguns:
Can you imagine the outrage if Elite Pro gets discontinued on the 16th and regular pro keeps the discount until spring?

100% sure for ps4 because I bought it on PS4. Switch had a 14.99 price in the store, I was looking at both and figured most games run better on ps4 and bought that version.
I've been mining the deals of the day; I never saw it on Switch.

It also wasn't in their database, as ever being a deal of the day. I see it now as an upcoming deal ... it is recently added to their queue.

Put it this way, if it was already a "hot" deal of the day, it would be sold out. GameStop doesn't seem to be repurchasing sold inventory (unless it's "hot", ie 1st party) -- when a game sells out, it's gone.

When hot games go on sale, they remain out of stock.

Another thing I noticed.

I can forget about Hellmut, but I really want to jump when EverSpace comes up. Or both.

Shitty games to me: NBA 2k20 (DLC), Civilization VI (DLC), Zumbra, Sing Country, Cities Skylines (DLC), etc... so many crappy games.

Both EverSpace and Hellmut already had their chance .. but they are slated to come up again ....

Mmmm /lick-lips.

100% sure for ps4 because I bought it on PS4. Switch had a 14.99 price in the store, I was looking at both and figured most games run better on ps4 and bought that version.
Look at the reviews, Switch was a terrible port if you dont believe YouTube switch gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back