2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm honestly not upset about them taking away CAG16. People on here took advantage and combined two separate promotions (CAG16 and the B2G2) and then wondered why their orders were incomplete or canceled. I really wouldn't mind to see GS closing the accounts of people who decided to take advantage.
i really wouldn't mind if CAG blocked your ip address either, but i dont see the point of posting about it

Sorry about that misinformation. The guy at GS told me that and sold me the Switch version. Jokes on them because the last time I was there the store was busy and I walked out with two of the new Pokemon Amiibos without them noticing, so I guess that evens things out. And since it's not a local store I'm not really concerned about them catching me if the incident is on camera.
Da Cheapest Returns [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm honestly not upset about them taking away CAG16. People on here took advantage and combined two separate promotions (CAG16 and the B2G2) and then wondered why their orders were incomplete or canceled. I really wouldn't mind to see GS closing the accounts of people who decided to take advantage.
Cancellations and dual-dealing were unrelated; cancels were just due to oversell on in-demand items/GS incompetence as usual. I ordered ~20 things from last gen, abused the piss out of overlap, and got my games shipped with only normal holiday hassle; ~60bux after some lucky returns on things they screwed up in other ways for ~16 count freely-shipped product, and not a peep. You'll notice most are getting burned on orders for half the switch catalogue; only thing abuse directly affects so far is your chances/outcome with support.

Sorry about that misinformation. The guy at GS told me that and sold me the Switch version. Jokes on them because the last time I was there the store was busy and I walked out with two of the new Pokemon Amiibos without them noticing, so I guess that evens things out. And since it's not a local store I'm not really concerned about them catching me if the incident is on camera.
Da Cheapest Returns [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
When you decide bragging about thievery isn't actually all that smart and delete your post, but someone's already quoted it

E; or he just got shitcanned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So stupid question but I did an online pickup and when I got there they sold it so they put my trade credit on my Elite card instead of a gift card without my say. When the Elite card expires will the trade credit on it expire as well?

So stupid question but I did an online pickup and when I got there they sold it so they put my trade credit on my Elite card instead of a gift card without my say. When the Elite card expires will the trade credit on it expire as well?
Nope, but unless they swiped your card I don't think they're able to do that. If you paid online I believe you'll receive a card in the mail.

Nope, but unless they swiped your card I don't think they're able to do that. If you paid online I believe you'll receive a card in the mail.
OK thank you. Never had trade credit on my Elite card so not sure had that worked. I will look and see if I will get an email from then in the next few days.

Was it a super random amount that doesn't add up in any way possible to what was cancelled?
nah, it actually made sense....$10.85 for the $9.97 Hunting/Farming thing that i never picked up (DotD, last day of the Switch +$5 bonus and the damn store closed 3 hours early)...it wasn't ready for pickup for like 3 days so i just said fuck it....

Just got on to look at my points and I know I had 16k yesterday. It was ~14k when I opened the app. Checked my history, no redemptions. Then when my balance reloaded it was ~13k. Wtf?

Just got on to look at my points and I know I had 16k yesterday. It was ~14k when I opened the app. Checked my history, no redemptions. Then when my balance reloaded it was ~13k. Wtf?
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Dropped like 6,000 points total in small increments so it must be a glitch but I called them and they put the points back on my account.

I wish I could link my Pro membership to my online account.  They make it next to impossible (the website's Help links just tell you to enter it into a field box that literally doesn't exist) and when I email them for help, they simply give me the phone number of customer support and that's it.  I've asked in-store for help with it, and they will verify my email, and then send me an email on how to do it.  I've done that twice in-store and never have I received an email about how to do it. 

Gamestop sucks.

Anyone having login issues? On app and website. Changed password to no avail. Website just refreshes and doesn’t login and app says it’s the wrong password when it’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, after doing the math, I’m barely making any more per hour doing flips than I do from my salary lmao. Wondering if I’m done. This made a whole more sense before I got my degree.

Last day for pre-existing Pros to get their 10% off is the 16th. Same for the remaining elite's it seems. Some elite members are receiving emails about being able to call CS and receive refunds for their memberships, but cannot confirm the entire email.

After that itll just be the 5 dollar monthly coupons, 10% trade boost, pro days, etc.

If you DO get the email, expect CS to not know shit. Their outsourced CS is not the best team.

Last day for pre-existing Pros to get their 10% off is the 16th. Same for the remaining elite's it seems. Some elite members are receiving emails about being able to call CS and receive refunds for their memberships, but cannot confirm the entire email.

After that itll just be the 5 dollar monthly coupons, 10% trade boost, pro days, etc.

If you DO get the email, expect CS to not know shit. Their outsourced CS is not the best team.

This is the email I got. I'm going to call tomorrow to get a refund. [attachment=33525:Screenshot_20200112-193229.png]

Banned for 90 days, so may as well get a refund and then in 3 months time resubscribe...

What is the subscription cost for elite? $20?

You know, after doing the math, I’m barely making any more per hour doing flips than I do from my salary lmao. Wondering if I’m done. This made a whole more sense before I got my degree.
It makes sense if you like your job, but I would still rather do this than what I do for an extra however many hours to make up that difference.

This week on 1/16/20, GameStop will be forever changed.

The 10%/20% has been a staple for years, and so not having it really shows that GameStop will be entering a new era in 2020. Personally, being able to get $10 worth of steam/psn/eshop/xbox credit for $5 each month is a perfect reason for me to keep renewing my PUR (if the coupon will allow it).

On the week of this change, I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who has posted in all the different GameStop deal threads through the years. From posting trade values when there was no app (saving phone call time or a trip to the store), deals/promotions that could've been missed if people hadn't pointed them out, and even "flips/boomerangs," all of this information has helped people get consoles, games, and accessories for great discounts over the years!

The 2010's were great times, and I believe the 2020s are going see big changes!

That being said, by the time 2030 rolls around, I'm confident to say that we may see even LESS physical games in stores in general as customers favor digital, so in the 2020s, we might actually see even BIGGER discounts than the 2010s at GameStop.

We'll all have to wait and see, but the beginning of big changes start this week!

I make a hell of a lot less doing flips per hour than my job. But it is easy to get burned out on my job and this is any easy escape while still making money.

Question? I just checked my account and it looks like I have 4 Birthday coupons for 20% off of a Pre-owned game. Has anybody had this happen to them? They each have different codes so I could get four different used games. If so,  :D/

Traded in some games today from the b2g2 and the employee was very surprised that I had an elite pro membership. She even brought up the fact that it doesn't expire until December. I told her it was to bad that they were going to be transitioning it into their new pro program. She said I wasn't going to lose it until it expired in December. Man I wish that were true.

Question? I just checked my account and it looks like I have 4 Birthday coupons for 20% off of a Pre-owned game. Has anybody had this happen to them? They each have different codes so I could get four different used games. If so, :D/
Had that happen to me a couple days ago. With Elite expiring I hurried up and used all 4 to get all Switch games (Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Pokemon Sword and Shield)

Had that happen to me a couple days ago. With Elite expiring I hurried up and used all 4 to get all Switch games (Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Pokemon Sword and Shield)
Thanks. I had not been checking my account and mine expires on 1/15. I am going to try and use them in the next couple of days. Hopefully, I can find the Switch games I want in stock.

There was a sale on the gamestop closing for games 19.99 or less going for 5 for 5$
A guy entered and took around 450 games that were in stock :( didnt get a chance to grab any

This was at the terranova gamestop in chula vista

There was a sale on the gamestop closing for games 19.99 or less going for 5 for 5$
A guy entered and took around 450 games that were in stock :( didnt get a chance to grab any

Holy shit going tomorrow

LOL they're not paying to ship games to other stores like they used to, but they're inadvertently going to when that guy trades them in at the nearest store in town.

Is it possible to use the multiple birthday coupons on the same order/item?
Should be able to. I used 2x birthday coupons plus some preowned certs during the B2G2 in one transaction in store to get the last 2 54.99 switch games to mix with some lower value games (lets go!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back