2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redeem your points for $50 towards Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot. Then trade it in during the G2L promo, where you get back your $59.99 you spend. That way you turn your 50000 points to trade credit.
good idea. so I have to wait until the game actually releases to redeem the points towards it correct? then just go back the next day and trade it in for credit.

I cashed out a $15 cert (15000 points) today and it had an expiry date of 3.30.2020. I used the desktop website version and not the app.
Was worried about this, thanks for letting us know.

I wonder if the exp dates are set... like if I buy one in Feb 4th, will it still be 3/30/2020 exp?

Was worried about this, thanks for letting us know.

I wonder if the exp dates are set... like if I buy one in Feb 4th, will it still be 3/30/2020 exp?
Yes the exp dates seem set. I redeemed one back in December and the end date was still December 31.

I saw it asked if the 4for10/4for20 was still happening, and people wrote that their stores still had signage, but I didn't see a definitive answer, sorry if I missed it. They are still going on, i did the 4for10 tonight, and the employee said that the system showed the end date of the deal as the end of this year, though obviously they could end it sooner than that.

Does anyone know if the plug and play systems work to get the 20% off other games with purchase of a system trick still works? Trying to determine if it is worth flipping for one more day of elite.

Yes the plug and play systems still worked. Tried tonight.

Does anyone know if the plug and play systems work to get the 20% off other games with purchase of a system trick still works? Trying to determine if it is worth flipping for one more day of elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

..Okay, what's the deal with people who respond to something and then quote it? It gets super confusing sometimes.
i think alot of new people/lurkers are around lately. ive seen posts quoted only, then replied to in the next box. ive seen replies inside the quote box, all kinds of weird shit.

My PUR have decreased by 5000 in the last week, so that's cool. Guess I need to contact support about another issue they won't resolve.

I saw it asked if the 4for10/4for20 was still happening, and people wrote that their stores still had signage, but I didn't see a definitive answer, sorry if I missed it. They are still going on, i did the 4for10 tonight, and the employee said that the system showed the end date of the deal as the end of this year, though obviously they could end it sooner than that.
In November or the beginning of December, a gamestop employee of some stripe told me that both deals would continue in perpetuity. I really didn't think that could be right, but here we are.

Maybe they consider it a replacement for the % off.

Also if you cancel your Elite you will lose your points.

*[SIZE=11pt]A Member may cancel his or her Membership by notifying Customer Service by mail, email, or telephone. GameStop, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel an individual Membership. Cancellation of Membership results in loss of all accumulated points. Members who cancel voluntarily may not re-activate the Account, but are eligible to open a new Account without the benefit of the previously accumulated points.[/SIZE]
That is such BS. So, if I cancel my Elite Pro, I'll lose total access to my account?

So any indication of a major trade value change to coincide with the loss of preowned discount? Or maybe even a stealth bump at the end of the week?

Sad the B2G1 coupons are gone :whistle2:(

Why would you cancel? Just let it expire. Expiration just bumps you down to the lower tier doesn't "cancel" your card. I believe that's when you close out your account altogether.
Because that means you wasted an extra $15/year on a service you can no longer use. I rather have my money back.

Anybody grabbing a Dualshock 4 for $25 today?
CA users: With the Pro discount and in store pick up one would be just under on break even with the 60% trade in bonus. 24 cents or so. Elite would be a couple bucks up. If anyone wanted to flip a couple of the controllers for points.

Because that means you wasted an extra $15/year on a service you can no longer use. I rather have my money back.
No it doesn't. As shitty as the changes have been, you'll still be getting a $5 cert every month that you can just use on Xbox/PSN/eShop credit. That alone is worth keeping the membership.

No it doesn't. As shitty as the changes have been, you'll still be getting a $5 cert every month that you can just use on Xbox/PSN/eShop credit. That alone is worth keeping the membership.
Elite is $30. Pro is $15.

Why would elite members pay $15 extra for the same benefits as pro members?

Anybody grabbing a Dualshock 4 for $25 today?
Shit thanks for mentioning; in for one. Sat this console gen out (sans a wii u lol) but have been looking for a deal on a DS4; been wanting one for Vita TV for a while (pretty sure it makes gravity rush playable?).

Don't mind squeezin' an extra couple of dollars outta that pro 'script.

That is such BS. So, if I cancel my Elite Pro, I'll lose total access to my account?
Just cash out the points. The fact that they have it in $5 increments is nice. You may lose a couple thousand points, but what is better, losing those points or losing out on the $15 difference for one year of pro (multiplied by however many years you have left).

Has anyone cancelled their elite pro yet? I'm curious about what exactly happens with the refund

Also, everyone has been saying their Elite is being moved to a $15 program but thats not true. Its being moved to the $20 one since it still includes print Game Informer

Only thing I'm worried about is points I havent used yet. Probably gonna cash them out today or tomorrow, and use them, if somehow this conversion screws with points.

Also in regards to cancelling my elite, how does that affect open pre-orders? Aren't pre-orders tied to your elite membership number?

Also I wonder what happens if they convert your elite to the new pro after 1/16. If you cancel after 1/16, will they only give back $20/year (since technically you will no longer be elite, if they are in fact moving us over to pro and updating our accounts accordingly to show that we are no longer elite and now pro instead).

In any case it may just be safest to cancel today or tomorrow.

For what it's worth, after numerous calls to customer service, I was able to get my cancelled games from the B2G2 replaced.

One was replaced for a new copy (was told that this is a one-time courtesy), so the other was swapped out for a pre-owned game of equal value that was in stock.

anyone know if Monster Hunter World is the same price in store as online (supposedly 9.99)

I wanted to get a few other games with it today for 4 for 20.

I’ve had some terrible CS experiences, but nothing rivals GameStop. I know people say “gee I wonder why they’re going out of business” when talking trash about a company, but this is absolutely one of the big reasons. Bad CS ruins a relationship with the company, and any furthers sales from that customer. Over time, you’re taking away the trust of you’re entire customer base, and eventually no one is buying from you. It’s mind boggling how much these execs get paid, only to put a company out of business with their terrible practices, that are so easily fixed.

“Don’t hang up on your customers or you’re fired”. Isn’t even discussed there, as it happens almost every call. It’s literally Customer Service 101, yet it’s probably encouraged.

The only time we ever shop or trade there now, is when we’re borderline able to scam them, and even then it feels dirty.

I’ve had some terrible CS experiences, but nothing rivals GameStop. I know people say “gee I wonder why they’re going out of business” when talking trash about a company, but this is absolutely one of the big reasons. Bad CS ruins a relationship with the company, and any furthers sales from that customer. Over time, you’re taking away the trust of you’re entire customer base, and eventually no one is buying from you. It’s mind boggling how much these execs get paid, only to put a company out of business with their terrible practices, that are so easily fixed.

“Don’t hang up on your customers or you’re fired”. Isn’t even discussed there, as it happens almost every call. It’s literally Customer Service 101, yet it’s probably encouraged.

The only time we ever shop or trade there now, is when we’re borderline able to scam them, and even then it feels dirty.
I have really mixed feelings about GameStop's demise. I don't want to lose one of the last readily accessible sources of physical games and whenever I go in store I have great experiences with awesome people 90% of the time. The few bad experiences in store aren't often enough to make me want them gone. On the other hand, online orders are bad/wrong at least 75% of the time, and trying to get their corporate customer service to help with any issue at all is a nightmare. I've decided to take losses several times just to avoid continuing to waste my time trying to get through to someone that will actually help. There's no reason they should need to leave, but the top end of the company is so mismanaged that it's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back