2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, not sure what they're doing with people's points but over the last 4 days the amount has fluctuated mostly in the negative direction (in their favor) for no reason.  The joke is on them, though, cause I cashed the majority on my favor the one time I checked and it had fluctuated on my favor.

So what are these 0 point sales transactions? Getting rung up in store for random price checks?

I'm sure it's been reported but I was able to use the $10 welcome coupon on an Amazon gift card. 

Also used all my reward certs towards it since people are reporting that their points are going away and if you cancel your membership it is set to go away.

I was not able to get a refund in store for my membership. Employee said there isn't an option to do so and he's turned away several people trying to cancel today.

Also, they felt the need to close down a lot of stores, and are continuing to close down even more stores.
They close stores every year, and this isn't even the most drastic round of closings.

2019: 120

2018: 83

2017: 66

2016: 104 (excluded Puerto Rico)

2015: 136

2014: 119

I mean I know it's inevitable, but it's not happening as fast as you guys think.

The only real boost from a fresh hardware launch comes from people buying games to go along with their fancy new systems. And of course, the majority of GameStop's revenue doesn't come from new hardware or new software sales anyhow, it comes from re-selling used titles.
Uh, new accessories

The fall of Gamestop starts tomorrow. Very sad as they have funded my expenditures through my late high school and all throughout college years, getting me free food and games and money :) I’ll always cherish the memories but for now fuck off gamestop you did it to yourselves.

it's literally just hyperbole from people like camelot and others who find joy in trying to bring others down. the truth is gs ain't going nowhere. as you can see they've been closing excess stores for years now and it ain't had nothing to do with them going out of business. notice also most of the stores closing now are not prestige and are lower performing with many problems with service. so this just makes the experience better for all of us to have the best stores left over. it's a win win and when the new prestige sales hit this year i'm sure we're all going to go buck wild and be happy with the sales....
I hope you right. I have made so much money trading in trash to GS to fund my gaming addiction that if they were gone I would have nowhere to go.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

...the $5 per month is great because all it takes is 3 months to make back your $$$$ and then after that it's basically free money. plus with bb gcu gone, amz no longer does discounts, etc. this is the only way to get money off of brand new games so i'm def going to do all my preorders there now...
Walmart has been selling brand new games for ~20% off in store for the past year.

Why are people cashing out their PUR points? Are they ending the reward system?
People who bought 5+ years of elite in 2018 looking to not get screwed out of the doubled elite price they paid at the time. Terms state you can cancel for a refund, but that the process of doing so entails closing your account entirely. Ergo, lost points. Ergo, min-maxing dictates cash out now all points now, call in, demand your [:30bux: * however many years], re-sub for $15 after check's in hand.

There's also reports from a couple dudes of their point totals redlining for no apparent reason visible on account or by support which is helpin' boost the spooks. Jury's out on how widespread that is, though.

E; hmmm...grapevine...grape...vine...the name...so...familliar... :whistle2:k

all the more reason not to cancel. you're going to regret it when you see some of the sales this year. trust me on that one. not to mention 10% is still good on trade in so to get a $5 coupon every month, 10% on trade ins, and (snicker, everyone at gs hq knows that the mag is a joke and no one cares about it anymore so they cut must of the useless staff but it's there just to make the subscription look like a better value) game informer it's a great value tbh.
I will ask for my refund to get my $30 back and wait for a good Pro Day sale to re-signup for Pro.

People who bought 5+ years of elite in 2018 looking to not get screwed out of the doubled elite price they paid at the time. Terms state you can cancel for a refund, but that the process of doing so entails closing your account entirely. Ergo, lost points. Ergo, min-maxing dictates cash out now all points now, call in, demand your :30bux: * however many years, re-sub for $15 after check's in hand.

There's also reports from a couple dudes of their point totals redlining for no apparent reason visible on account or by support which is helpin' boost the spooks. Jury's out on how widespread that is, though.

We know it's him, just go along with it and see how long he last today.

People who bought 5+ years of elite in 2018 looking to not get screwed out of the doubled elite price they paid at the time. Terms state you can cancel for a refund, but that the process of doing so entails closing your account entirely. Ergo, lost points. Ergo, min-maxing dictates cash out now all points now, call in, demand your :30bux: * however many years, re-sub for $15 after check's in hand.

Gamestop Headquarters is in Grapevine, Texas. Conspiracy clearly. And its clear that they don't truly know what they're talking about when they discuss Babbages, Funcoland and EB Games being dead considering that Gamestop purchased all of them and changed their name from the former to the later. Don't forget to add Software ETC. to that list as well.

My elite membership was supposed to be good through September of 2021. I wonder how much money I could get back if I pursue it?

Gamestop Headquarters is in Grapevine, Texas. Conspiracy clearly. And its clear that they don't truly know what they're talking about when they discuss Babbages, Funcoland and EB Games being dead considering that Gamestop purchased all of them and changed their name from the former to the later. Don't forget to add Software ETC. to that list as well.
I have not heard about Software ETC, since the early 90s. That's where I got my TV tuner for my Sega GameGear.

People who bought 5+ years of elite in 2018 looking to not get screwed out of the doubled elite price they paid at the time. Terms state you can cancel for a refund, but that the process of doing so entails closing your account entirely. Ergo, lost points. Ergo, min-maxing dictates cash out now all points now, call in, demand your [:30bux: * however many years], re-sub for $15 after check's in hand.

Gotcha thanks for explaining, my elite ran dry in October so I think I'm good

Alright found a local shop that apparently has Luigi Shield and Links used so what little $10 "console" am I looking for again to get the 20% off?

Does anyone have any idea of how the store markdowns for closing stores work? Is it random when it goes 30% 50% 70% off games or is it like three weeks out two weeks out one week out? Closing store is 2 hours away and I wanna hit it as soon as it goes to the best sale or the 5 for 5$. Any ideas thanks in advance!

Everything will be gone before it gets to the highest discount. You'd be stuck with buying fixtures.

Two hours is a long time - that's 4 hours round-trip. Honestly, you should probably sit this one out and wait for other stores to close in the near future.

good thing i used it one last time for 24 ps4 4 for 20 and several switch and 3ds games with a console purchased. spent $700 trade credit on last day.

Why does gamestop have such a garbage fucking website? I'm literally trying to spend money but they're making it impossible. They have a deal on clearance collectibles for B2G1F. They have no way to filter only clearance... no way to filter in-stock only... there's not even a page under the collectibles tab or deals tab that shows the B2G1F exists which would theoretically link to all qualifying items.

I'm sure 99% of items would be garbage anyway, but at least let me fucking shop. Damn.

So today's the day they're supposed to be rolling out their certificates and they've already taken our discount away. I'm not seeing anything in my email or active offers though.

Under card details in the app it still says elite pro but the website now says pro. Received the correct amount of points for a purchase yesterday, anyway.

I will ask for my refund to get my $30 back and wait for a good Pro Day sale to re-signup for Pro.

Unfortunately you have all fallen into the IATCG/Dave sinkhole. Happens to everyone from time to time.

Since he's clearly going to continue this in perpetuity, can we add his video to the FAQ?

Also, can we update his name?

I Am the Davest Gamer?

So today's the day they're supposed to be rolling out their certificates and they've already taken our discount away. I'm not seeing anything in my email or active offers though.
I anticipate that the elite and "real pro" refugees will not be getting the $5 coupon until February.

What? "That isn't what they promised", you say? Add it to the list.

Aaaand now I've got 6,441 Points. WTAF?!?!

Steve
Did they fix your points? I lost 4000 points yesterday and sent them an email, like you did. This morning all of my missing points were restored. I cashed out all of my points before anything else happens again.

Fresh to the Pro in November and my $5 was in active offers on 1/1. Used it on a $10 eShop thanks to an employee that worked the system (added a discontinued $0 RDR2 strategy guide to get the discount to take).

The coupons are supposed to come on the 1st of the month so this is likely what will happen.
So then you are saying that there is no point in signing up in the middle of the month (2nd-29th) because then you won't receive a coupon until the next month. They are going to milk those uninformed Soccer moms now. I guess the best time to sign up is on the last few days.

So then you are saying that there is no point in signing up in the middle of the month (2nd-29th) because then you won't receive a coupon until the next month. They are going to milk those uninformed Soccer moms now. I guess the best time to sign up is on the last few days.
When you first sign up, the initial coupon prints out on your receipt, I believe.

Right, so literally only the elite/pro folks are getting screwed.

Just added a used Switch game to my cart. The discount didn't show up until I checked the cart, but it was showing up at $43.99, similar to how the deal of the day Genesis Mini doesn't show $52.99 until it's in the cart.

Edit:

Nevermind, the discount apparently only showed while the Genesis mini was also in the cart. It got removed from the mini and applied to the game instead. What?

It seems like it's applying the "buy a console, get 20% off" promo. But you don't need to buy 2+ games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back