2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how quickly game sales decline at GameStop even further, now that they have changed my incentive to purchase only 1 game a month.

Was excited to get (and spend) the 5 dollar certificate today. And...no certificate....judging by everyone else here, I guess I shouldn't be surprised...but...what?

I'm lost.

Well, my points are finally back to what they were yesterday morning. The `Lifetime Points' are still down around 8000 points, so I assume someone actually just went in and manually adjusted the points total. So even though they keep having bizarre things happen, at least they eventually work things out?

Nope, my points still keep changing, seemingly randomly. My points are quite a bit higher again this morning; they were down to around 4000 last night and now they're up to 11000. My `Lifetime Points' are down even more than they were yesterday though. Not that it matters, but at least yesterday they were going down in sync.

My last hurrah: picked up 2x PS4 DS4 controllers from the Deal of the Day.  This was my last order with elite pro, it brought them down to 20+tax.  Picked em up and they were brand new, sealed.  It's been bittersweet GS

Lol my buddy asked for gift receipts on all the switch games he was buying during the b2g2 with my elite pro discount. So he was paying $88 for the 4 games. Now he's been "returning" them with the gift receipt and asking for trade credit but they've been giving him straight up $54.99 plus tax in cash  :rofl:

Honestly. Fauk em, im glad he's taking their money. fuck you GS for taking away my elite pro!

Just wanted to see how many points I've accumulated over the years for my lifetime points and surprised it 556k. I'm sure others have a lot more though.

suu9SQy.jpg

I’m at 961,740...almost a cool mil...too bad it will be zeroed out when I request a refund on my elite pro til 2025
couldn't you just spend it all before you do that?
nvm, didn't see that the context was lifetime earnings

At least the employees won't make stupid comments about how much you've saved when you're trying to fly under the radar.
Kinda want to see last-day-on-the-job style meltdown vids for this.

"Annnd....there. Account deactivated, sir."

"Is...is that it? Are we done? Is...is it finally over?"

"Yes, sir. Can I help you with-"

*beat*

"Hahaaaaa! fuck you all! I've been exploiting you for YEARS! YEARS I SAY!"

"Uh...sir...?"

"Check's in the mail!?"

"Yes...?"

"Yeah, that's right it is. I don't pay you! YOU pay ME! YOU'VE PAID ME THOUSANDS!"

"....Have a good day, si-"

"YOU SEE MY PUR LIFETIME?!?! A million points. A MILLION. ONE THOUSAND AMERICAN IN CASH. SUCK MY ENTIRE-"

*click*

Anyone know how long the 4 for 20 deal will be good for? Didn't see it listed in the online ad but swear I saw signs up at local store a week ago. Also is it for any 4 games $9.99 and under?
Should be through at least this sunday. Yes its 4 for $20 on any $9.99 and below and 4 for $10 at $4.99 and below.

Went to the local GS that was closing for their final price drop. Had some good deals like anything used that was $20 or less was 5 for 5. Unfortunately mostly picked clean aside from some OK DS games. Switch games were still at 40% off new. Picked up Shovel Knight Treasure Trove and Pokemon Sword. Still a ton of non-gaming things left and XBox One X consoles for $318 (not cheap enough for me).

I wonder how quickly game sales decline at GameStop even further, now that they have changed my incentive to purchase only 1 game a month.
And how many of the games that you were buying with elite were they making money on? Personally, gamestop hasnt turned a profit on me in years. If most of the people from this thread start going less, GS profits probably go up.

I stopped into a store tonight to pick up a digital copy of Mario Kart for Switch and the $5 coupon worked on it. $36 works for me since I’m getting full points.

So haven't kept up since Christmas.

TL;DR please.

From what I've heard/read, is it the $5 monthly certificate and store closings?

kind of an awkward moment when the employee taking in my trades for GoW and Horizon commented on how good the condition of the cases were, and again when he opened to look at the discs, "wow these are basically brand new", told him i didn't need the physical anymore since I bought them digitally (for almost half the price I paid originally and what they were trading in for, but I left that part out)

they were unwrapped 5 mins before I went in the store  :p 

Is Kakarot Guaranteed to love? And would they be ok with me trading in for the bonus and then returning it for another 60 after unwrapping it?  :razz: Would it help if I put some trade credit towards another preorder? 

Is Kakarot Guaranteed to love? And would they be ok with me trading in for the bonus and then returning it for another 60 after unwrapping it? :razz: Would it help if I put some trade credit towards another preorder?
Yes, it's Guaranteed to Love. Most stores will be fine with you doing that, but I recommend leaving for a little bit before you come back to trade it in.

CSAC in Cali still in effect plus the 10% still make a okay flip. Probably gon use my remaining credit on XB cards to purchase a Series X for Microsoft directly. RE3 CE most likely gon be my last purchase from GS.
Thanks for the idea, didn’t think about getting series x directly from MS.
Is there any incentive to buying from Microsoft? I only ask because I can pick up the Series X launch night if I bought from Gamestop.

So since I am already pro I don't get a $5 reward certificate this month? I have not received it yet.

Is there any incentive to buying from Microsoft? I only ask because I can pick up the Series X launch night if I bought from Gamestop.

So since I am already pro I don't get a $5 reward certificate this month? I have not received it yet.
One incentive (?) is the off chance that the store from which you preordered the launch console ends up closing b/c their lease is up. I assume that not only would you have to get a refund (doubt they would relocate the preorder), but at that point miss out on a launch console. Another incentive is that MS will probably offer launch day delivery which means trading two potentially inconvenient trips to GS (getting the preorder and getting the console) for receiving it at your doorstep whatever time it is delivered

I'm wondering this as well... I've been Pro for years now and I can't tell what my benefits are. No emails, no app notification, nothing in PUR desktop version.

Anyone that has gotten a refund from the website, how did they do it? Refund your credit card?  Send a gift card through UPS? 

I've been dealing with returns from black friday. I mailed the games back to them the end of December and still didn't get a refund yet. I called them Monday and they said they'd take care of it. Then the next day I get an email saying my order shipped, but the email was blank. I have a package coming from them today though.  I haven't ordered anything since the B2G2 sale so I have no idea what it is. Either a gift card for my refund, which would suck because its close to $300 and no way do I want to spend that much money in there now without my elite. Or, its the one copy of soul silver from the black friday sale that never did ship, but the status on the website still says preparing for shipment.

Anyone that has gotten a refund from the website, how did they do it? Refund your credit card? Send a gift card through UPS?

I've been dealing with returns from black friday. I mailed the games back to them the end of December and still didn't get a refund yet. I called them Monday and they said they'd take care of it. Then the next day I get an email saying my order shipped, but the email was blank. I have a package coming from them today though. I haven't ordered anything since the B2G2 sale so I have no idea what it is. Either a gift card for my refund, which would suck because its close to $300 and no way do I want to spend that much money in there now without my elite. Or, its the one copy of soul silver from the black friday sale that never did ship, but the status on the website still says preparing for shipment.
If I were to guess, I'd say they are going to be cutting people checks.

Anyone that has gotten a refund from the website, how did they do it? Refund your credit card? Send a gift card through UPS?
I've been dealing with returns from black friday. I mailed the games back to them the end of December and still didn't get a refund yet. I called them Monday and they said they'd take care of it. Then the next day I get an email saying my order shipped, but the email was blank. I have a package coming from them today though. I haven't ordered anything since the B2G2 sale so I have no idea what it is. Either a gift card for my refund, which would suck because its close to $300 and no way do I want to spend that much money in there now without my elite. Or, its the one copy of soul silver from the black friday sale that never did ship, but the status on the website still says preparing for shipment.
I returned something to the warehouse and they refunded my credit card within a day or 2 of receiving it. I sent it with the packing slip and said why I was returning it

Anyone know why catherine full body does not show up as tradeable on the website or app? Does gamestop not accept this game?
I noticed this too. Figured it was a glitch. Just go in and find out?..i do not own the game but saw a copy for $10, but passed on it (Meijer - WI).

Also anyone else see the GameStop deal of the day? GOW 4 - preowned $4 :?: (they must have taken a page out of PS Plus and not even try now lol)

Usually MS offers launch delivery, you'll get MS rewards for the order, also sometimes they will have an exclusive promos. Higher console trade ins, etc. Also don't want to give GS my business no more lol.

I returned something to the warehouse and they refunded my credit card within a day or 2 of receiving it. I sent it with the packing slip and said why I was returning it
Now that you mention it, I did put a note in explaining that the games were bootlegs, but I didn't include a packing slip or anything. Never occurred to me, and the CS rep never said to do anything like that either. I have a feeling this is going to take at least another phone call to get sorted. I jus tlooked and the package I'm getting is coming from Miami, so thats a game I reckon. And now I just saw I got three credits on my credit card for $3.38, $1.69 and $.84, but it doesnt say from where. That better not be from gamestop.

Edit: just called my credit card company, and those amounts were from Gamestop. So what, they just refunded me the tax?? Thats about 7% of 12, 24, and 48. I returned 3 soulsilvers, I never received 1 soulsilver or 1 persona golden, and i returned one other vita game that was supposed to be Odin Sphere but wasn't. I should have just taken the shit to a store but I didn't want to kill those poor guys numbers with all that.

Now that you mention it, I did put a note in explaining that the games were bootlegs, but I didn't include a packing slip or anything. Never occurred to me, and the CS rep never said to do anything like that either. I have a feeling this is going to take at least another phone call to get sorted. I jus tlooked and the package I'm getting is coming from Miami, so thats a game I reckon. And now I just saw I got three credits on my credit card for $3.38, $1.69 and $.84, but it doesnt say from where. That better not be from gamestop.

Edit: just called my credit card company, and those amounts were from Gamestop. So what, they just refunded me the tax?? Thats about 7% of 12, 24, and 48. I returned 3 soulsilvers, I never received 1 soulsilver or 1 persona golden, and i returned one other vita game that was supposed to be Odin Sphere but wasn't. I should have just taken the shit to a store but I didn't want to kill those poor guys numbers with all that.
The packing slips from the warehouse say to use that as the return slip. Idr if the store-fulfilled sheets say that

Damn y’all lucky with the switch lites, anybody with switch lites near them able to confirm if it shows up on app inventory? Neither of the Gamestop’s closing near me show stock but I keep forgetting to ask about switch lites

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back