2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are all consoles discounted at the closing stores or is it just a switch lite?
All consoles but chances are they won't have any other consoles in stock except maybe used og PS4 or Xbox Ones, and those are overpriced to began with so even with discounts they're not worth it.

Damn y’all lucky with the switch lites, anybody with switch lites near them able to confirm if it shows up on app inventory? Neither of the Gamestop’s closing near me show stock but I keep forgetting to ask about switch lites
It shows up as 'call store' which usually means yes in stock.

*Late November 2019*
"Do you want to renew your Elite membership now?  You can get your $5 certificate for November and December, otherwise you'll have to wait until January."
No, thanks, I'll wait.

*Mid January 2020*

Hi, I was wondering, do I have my $5 certificate in my Elite membership yet?
"No, it doesn't look like you have it yet.  They should show up in February or March.  If you would like to renew today, you can get your January certificate now!"

Seriously,  fuck Gamestop.  Nobody knows what's going on.  I feel sorry for the employees who have to be the constant bearers of bad news and part-time grifters.

Like I said, it seems every Thursday things drop 10%. Waiting for the XOX at my local store to go to $200. No ones touching it for some reason.

Any game including 3DS : Wii you think?

Think we will be able to combine the B2G1 and 20% off preowned with a system in-store or online only?

Wait so is the Xbox credit you guys are talking about purchasing to put towards a Series One X just the standard Xbox Live currency cards they sell in store? I didn't realize you could use those for consoles on the Microsoft Store.

Ad doesn't say whether or not this includes past gen titles.  In the past, sometimes the "trade toward a new title" $5 bonus has indeed included past gen.  

Wait so is the Xbox credit you guys are talking about purchasing to put towards a Series One X just the standard Xbox Live currency cards they sell in store? I didn't realize you could use those for consoles on the Microsoft Store.
You can use Xbox credit for anything Microsoft sells - it's all the same account. Headphones, software, computers, systems, etc.

without elite, a b2g1 after tax comes out at a loss for me of $0.96 with a $30 base boomerang and 30% trade boost.

this is a non starter for me...$40 for a used game after b2g1 is way too much for trading or keeping imo

as an aside, pokemon sword and lets go eevee arrived in pristine condition to replace my 2 zero dollar cancelled games (nsmbu and ghostbusters)...i am impressed!

guess ill spend my last $5000 points and then make the call...bummer

Like I said, it seems every Thursday things drop 10%. Waiting for the XOX at my local store to go to $200. No ones touching it for some reason.
I think even at current prices ($299) the One X is a hard sell. With the new series X coming out this year, 300 is just too much at this point to spend on a current gen console.

but yes I agree with you, at $200 or less it becomes more attractive.

You can use Xbox credit for anything Microsoft sells - it's all the same account. Headphones, software, computers, systems, etc.
FYI - I think someone in the past had mentioned you can't go over a certain amount in Xbox credit on a purchase. Possibly $1000?

I got an email a little while ago about 25% off NBA 2k20 virtual currency that says "Offer valid between 2/1/20 and 2/29/20" in the fine print.

Seems unnecessary to send that out so early and will likely upset some customers

Renewed in December and didn't get a $5 coupon. Called up and was told that if I didn't get one before February they would give me 5000 points. Do the coupons expire the first day of the following month? If so it would really suck for me to get one on January 31st while I'm stuck at work.🤔

Renewed in December and didn't get a $5 coupon. Called up and was told that if I didn't get one before February they would give me 5000 points. Do the coupons expire the first day of the following month? If so it would really suck for me to get one on January 31st while I'm stuck at work.
I emailed and they just bumped me +5k points, so if I do get a Jan coupon.. bonus!

The packing slips from the warehouse say to use that as the return slip. Idr if the store-fulfilled sheets say that
Most of my orders came from stores and those slips do not say that. But Gamestop sent me UPS label for the return, so I reckon they could track it that way. Anyways, got the package today, it was the missing copy of Odin Sphere. So the fact remains I'm still out a Persona 4 Golden and 4 soulsilvers and I've been reimbursed a total of $6.

So I tried calling customer care to cancel my elite and they couldn't process it. He gave me a corporate number to call. They could process it but not the refund....the refund would have to come from a store??? I asked how that worked, she had no idea....surprise. I then called my home store and the store manager is going to investigate...

I went to trade-in a game today and they mentioned to me that my Pro Account should be renewed. My account was renewed last July and they told me I won't qualify for any $5 reward monthly. Only new accounts will qualify for the new monthly rewards. The associate also said that the 10% preowned discount is still effective until Spring 2020 and proceeded to hand me the brochure. The associate had a "Wally" name tag but the terminal said "Mayra". Lastly the store only has $50 or $75 PSN physical cards. Is that normal? I was looking for a $10 or $20 PSN card. Thanks.

I used Xbox credit to buy the Samsung phone I'm on right now

Do different versions of the same game on multiple systems count towards the same "max 4 per rolling 30 days". I know the normal saying is "same SKU", but previously they would not let me trade in 1 copy of Modern Warfare Xbox in the same transaction as 1 copy of Modern Warfare PS4.  :bomb:

and... now my app doesn't save any trade values!  :bomb: ... or maybe it merged the app list with the website list and overloaded.... anyone else's borked?

Will only have ~700/2000 rolling free on 1-19, plan to see what the best deal is available with B2G1 for some more CSAC stock!

Went in today to pick up a protector for my new Switch Lite. I saw a bunch of those Ps3 navigation controllers for $2.99 used. For whatever reason they were all still sealed. Not going to argue. 

Also confirming that reward members get a $5 rewards coupon every month.

GameStop is dying. Loot the corpse.

I went to trade-in a game today and they mentioned to me that my Pro Account should be renewed. My account was renewed last July and they told me I won't qualify for any $5 reward monthly. Only new accounts will qualify for the new monthly rewards. The associate also said that the 10% preowned discount is still effective until Spring 2020 and proceeded to hand me the brochure.
Interesting...I wonder if this is the tradeoff for people who renewed regular Pro last year but still haven't received a $5 coupon. I'll take the 10% off preowned over the $5/month.

So what has the market response been to 86ing Pro and Elite discounts in the test areas? Did they seen an increase in overall profit from this move? I know I'm not going to be shopping at GameStop even 25% as much as I used to without discounts. Just wondering because if I was in the game selling business, I would rather sell volume at a lesser profit per game than squeeze people for a extra few bucks per game and sell less.

Is there a chance in hell that:

A) This change turns off GameStop's core customer base and they lose a massive amount of money

B) They course correct as a result and bring discounts back

I'd say neither as Best Buy did away with GCU and I used to visit and purchase at least one game weekly there, and killed time in the store looking for deals on receivers and TVs, which lead me to buying two plasmas, an Andrew Jones surround system, Pioneer 301, and Beatles audiophile turntable over the years.

I've been in Best Buy once since GCU ended, to try to buy a USB C headset adapter replacement for my Pixel.

Apparently, much like Mom and Pop retro video game stores that charge $64.99 for Xbox 360 "new releases" eighteen months after they came out and are at Walmart for $20, milking the people not like us with overpriced crap is a better route to success. BB has apparently had a big turnaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back