2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the DBZ "guarantee to love it" trade thing, do I need to give them back the preorder bonus Kakarot figpin too?
Nope, traded in my copies this morning with no issues (other than the “store leader” having no idea what G2L was and having to walk her through it lol)

For the DBZ "guarantee to love it" trade thing, do I need to give them back the preorder bonus Kakarot figpin too?
No, you're just trading in the game, not returning it. And who's to say you even got the figpin? Hal fthe time they run out of or never even have the bonus things. Even if you were returning it, you could probably keep the pin.

The joys of having a closing gamestop nearby not listed on the blogspot:

Risk of Rain 2 (XB1) - $12
NHL 20 (PS4) $16.50
Death Stranding - $24
SEALED Pokemon Sword - $37
SEALED Blacksad Limited Edition (XB1) - $20
What was the % off NHL? I bought it yesterday for $24 plus tax (60% off).

I called GameStop support and they told me that since I renewed my Pro last year on the 24th, I should get my $5 certificate on the 24th. Also didn't get a birthday coupon last year, so they'll add it to my account in a few days.

Is there a way to use your points in combo with the buy 2 get 1? Or what's the best way to take advantage of points? I have about 160k points I don't know what to do with.

Sucks seeing GameStop go down under. I told you guys that renewing your Elite pro/pro past 2020 wasn't a smart move.
This thread is more like the "was anyone successful cancelling their account/where is my $5 monthly coupon thread"
Your name is Smithers but your picture is Mr. Burns. I know Smithers wants to boink him, but that's just confusing. Please change your avatar to Smithers or change your username to Burns123. Thank you.

Best experience with GS CS ever!!

Log on to you desktop account, open any item you ordered, request help (at the bottom of the page), you'll get a different number to call.

Go through the menu's, request help with placing an order.

Wait time, 10 seconds.

BOOM!  Then ask for assistance with your account and point discrepancies.  And complain about games not being delivered, etc.

I got my point correction 12k points this way.

Probably works for cancelling Elite.

Zing! [hello, Gameshtop, this is India]

I've called customer care, they said they couldn't but gave me the corporate number. Corporate said they could cancel but couldn't process the refund, a store would?!? They didn't know how though...

Then I called my home store and there is nothing in their pamphlet about cancelling so he called their support this morning and they said they aren't doing refunds. The 10 dollar coupon was the "refund" lol.

I'm about to call corporate again...
To give an update, I called corporate back and she ended up just giving me 20 dollars in points (the most she could do per her/also about what was left on my elite) and not cancelling my pro. So I will ride out my new pro until October and then let it die.

I'm sorry for all of you with multiple years left....

What I didn’t like about GameStop was their shipping, site that doesn’t show weekly sales/price drops, and especially junior detectives.

I don't know if this was mentioned in the thread before. One sleazy thing I noticed was the store pickup magically disappearing for the majority of the games on the site when the 4 for $20 was going on. It suddenly reappeared all of a sudden

Do reward certs still work on eShop credit? I've read that the $5 monthly one doesn't work on it, but if I redeem my points for one, can I use that one?
I haven’t used rewards certs in a month or two, but it did work previously and I believe that it still does. I also was able to successfully use the monthly coupon on eshop yesterday. That does currently seem to be the exception and not the rule based upon other people’s feedback.

So if I used my points to get a $10 off reward, the fact that it appears to expire on 12/31/19 shouldn’t matter, right? I thought someone here mentioned that it will actually run until March (or sometime) if redeemed now? Any truth to that?

Figures. I "accidentally" walked out with the Pokemon Amiibos in one of their stores while it was busy last week and they didn't even notice. I tried to trade them in to another store and they told me that they no longer accept Amiibos and haven't for years. They also said I couldn't trade them in unopened anyway even if they did take them because they might be stolen and are not allowed to take in unopened games even. Oh, the irony. If only they knew.... I guess I'll have to dump them on Craigslist because I have no space for toys.
Accidentally walked out with Amiibos

Then attempted to trade back in
???????????

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Trust me, if you accidentally walk out with an item in a store and later try to give it back to them they will consider it stealing and will call the police. So trading it in to another store is a better option in such cases. The good thing about high crime stores is that even if they call the police department they usually won't even show up for petty theft cases or if they do it's an hour later, giving you plenty of time to leave.
any chance you could "accidentally" walk out in traffic?

Figures. I "accidentally" walked out with the Pokemon Amiibos in one of their stores while it was busy last week and they didn't even notice. I tried to trade them in to another store and they told me that they no longer accept Amiibos and haven't for years. They also said I couldn't trade them in unopened anyway even if they did take them because they might be stolen and are not allowed to take in unopened games even. Oh, the irony. If only they knew.... I guess I'll have to dump them on Craigslist because I have no space for toys.
You were already banned once for bragging about stealing. You're really going to do the exact same thing again?

It's only lame if you were planning on flipping games instead of giving your resume to Burger King. Otherwise it's fine for people who want to buy games just to play them, and $15 for $60 worth of savings a year is fine.
Some people play more games than you. If I buy 3 newer games in a month, I get a whopping 5 bucks off a 180 dollar purchase, whereas a 10 percent discount would more than pay for itself in one month. That's 18 rodeo cheeseburgers, if burger king math suits you better. :]

It's only lame if you were planning on flipping games instead of giving your resume to Burger King. Otherwise it's fine for people who want to buy games just to play them, and $15 for $60 worth of savings a year is fine.
nah, it's lame for everyone.

So instead of just looking at the pdf for the dates that the sale is valid for you'd rather be lazy and have us do the work for you.
Ok no one is being Lazy the Dates on the ad say starting the 19th I dont know if there is another date someone where that I missed.... Im starting to think this site should be renamed to pissyassgamers

Ok no one is being Lazy the Dates on the ad say starting the 19th I dont know if there is another date someone where that I missed.... Im starting to think this site should be renamed to pissyassgamers
Just report him. Clearly a troll or gsdave making another unwanted appearance. Ignore it for now.

OMNIDOUCHE is back! God bless anyone who can come to a gaming deal forum, only to attempt to shame those who use the forum for its intended purpose. Classy and sophisticated.

That being said, sometimes the deals take until 3 AM Eastern or 12 AM Pacific to go live completely. Still not seeing any proper wording on the $5 trade in boost.

So if I used my points to get a $10 off reward, the fact that it appears to expire on 12/31/19 shouldn’t matter, right? I thought someone here mentioned that it will actually run until March (or sometime) if redeemed now? Any truth to that?
Not sure, but you should get the coupons off the website and not take a chance with Gamestop's incompetence. That is what myself and others have been doing and they expire in March 2020. Been cashing out all my points that way.

This B2G1 is the worst. Pro Elite and CAG16 gone, prices not being reduced to offset the loss of discount and stock for almost all games I have on my list still haven't been restocked from the B2G2. Going through the games and saw a bunch that were the same prices used as new.

B2G1 on used is live. CAG16 still not working. Doubt we're getting that back but would be nice.

Wow this hurts to see. I wouldn't mind getting some games but without Pro or Elite Pro discount, I might as well buy new from Amazon or Walmart since it's cheaper than $55/each for recently released used games. 

I agree with the others. Without cag16 or pro, this sale is really lackluster. I’m going to wait it out and hope they add a promo that stacks.

The main reason why this B2G1 feels unworthy is that we were expecting preowned prices would drop with the removal of pro... clearly not the case. Heck, I was even expecting it to stack with -20% with purchase of a system (it doesn't)

From the rotating banner on the website :

"Get up to 4x points when you get 4 games during our buy 2 get 1 free preowned games sale."

What?

From the rotating banner on the website :

"Get up to 4x points when you get 4 games during our buy 2 get 1 free preowned games sale."

What?
They're taunting you--if you can get 4 games from a B2G1 sale, they'll give you 4x the points. It's a savvy way to see if their system has any loopholes by having CAG's do all the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back