2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got back from trading in at a GS this morning; manager said they just received an e-mail of everything getting an extra 10% in trade credit, including consoles & accessories. (It didn't stack with the extra $5 promo on current gen games)

Have some trade credit, and enough points for $25 coupon.  Hoping they open reserves for Resident Evil 3 digital.  Physical wouldn't be the worst thing in the world though

Got back from trading in at a GS this morning; manager said they just received an e-mail of everything getting an extra 10% in trade credit, including consoles & accessories. (It didn't stack with the extra $5 promo on current gen games)
Are you talking about prestige day?

Anyone see a re-seal job this bad before? Bought a switch game new online and this is what showed up. Looks like a 2nd grader wrapping his mom's Christmas present. Why even wrap it if it's that bad/obvious? So they can argue it's not used? Even though it is? I feel like if I tried to return to a store there's no way they would let me.[attachment=33592:IMG_20200121_130023.jpg]

Is that 10% a promotion on its own? I know promotion dont stack, but can PRO members get 40% trade bonus towards Kakarot or PC accessories?

%bonus puts the pro and x at $275, but im not confident in gamestop having it coded to accept systems, then having employees state it has never worked on consoles blah blah blah.

Anyone see a re-seal job this bad before? Bought a switch game new online and this is what showed up. Looks like a 2nd grader wrapping his mom's Christmas present. Why even wrap it if it's that bad/obvious? So they can argue it's not used? Even though it is? I feel like if I tried to return to a store there's no way they would let me.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20200121_130023.jpg
This looks like the newer bags that Gamestop uses instead of those round stickers. This bag just has a sticky seal at the opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

%bonus puts the pro and x at $275, but im not confident in gamestop having it coded to accept systems, then having employees state it has never worked on consoles blah blah blah.
pretty good if it works and if you live next to a closing store selling XBOX One X's for $250

So you got 20% bonus on game trades? Interesting. Hard to get excited about this promo after the 50% bonus.

So you got 20% bonus on game trades? Interesting. Hard to get excited about this promo after the 50% bonus.
I think he is saying that products that otherwise didn't get the 10% bonus before the transition, now do (i.e. game consoles and accessories now get 10% bonus).

Can confirm traded in 1 ps3 Minecraft supposed to get 13.20 for pro but they hit me with a $5 refurb I still got 8.99. Receipt had 2 bonuses applied the pro bonus and 1 more. Didn’t buy nothing didn’t preorder anything...it was a prestige store tho

The app is still showing trade estimates as though I get the 20% bonus (i.e. it shows the "Regular Value" as $20 and the "Trade Credit Value" as $24 for CoD MW)... which is probably why you aren't able to save values.

FYI. My district is part of a test where they are offering lower trade values in store then online. They will adjust the value if you show them on your phone but you have to show them. For example I went to trade in Days Gone and it was $11.50 instead of $15. Another example was Link's Awaking on the switch $18.50 instead of $30. This is a few stores in my distract. It was happening as far back as the B2G2 free. 

FYI. My district is part of a test where they are offering lower trade values in store then online. They will adjust the value if you show them on your phone but you have to show them. For example I went to trade in Days Gone and it was $11.50 instead of $15. Another example was Link's Awaking on the switch $18.50 instead of $30. This is a few stores in my distract. It was happening as far back as the B2G2 free.
WTF? That's completely messed up.

Trying to stay afloat by stealing money/credit from customers. Let's see how this turns out. Honestly the average GameStop trader (not people that frequent CAG) that I see in store don't usually look up trade values before they go in. This isn't in defense of GameStop, just saying they'll get away with it sometimes and that's what they're counting on.

Others have reported such too. We can expect Gamestop to give much lower values in the coming months and offer less promotions. We already see Elite Pro / Pro being removed / replaced with worst programs. 

Wonder how low they'll go with these changes in the coming months.

Trying to stay afloat by stealing money/credit from customers. Let's see how this turns out. Honestly the average GameStop trader (not people that frequent CAG) that I see in store don't usually look up trade values before they go in. This isn't in defense of GameStop, just saying they'll get away with it sometimes and that's what they're counting on.
I think that is exactly it. Most people don't even look up the trade values before hand. They just bring in games and take whatever gamestop offers. Gamestop is probably monitoring how many people ask for the adjustment vs how many just do the trade.

I think that is exactly it. Most people don't even look up the trade values before hand. They just bring in games and take whatever gamestop offers. Gamestop is probably monitoring how many people ask for the adjustment vs how many just do the trade.
I always check BB or GS before going in, just for the mistakes most of them make.

I think the business model is to now see how much they can steal from a customer without being called out on it.

I went to a store and I was watching the pin pad as the SL was ringing me up. I take my eyes off the screen after the final game is rung up. When the receipt prints out, there is a game warranty added to the last game. To add insult to injury, I wasn't even given the warranty sticker that I supposedly "wanted" and paid for.

When I called them out on it, they blamed the pin pad for adding it. GTFO! They proceeded to give me my cash back from the drawer. No receipt or transaction. Mad shady shit going down now.

Were those non-CSAC stores? I've only run into that problem there. They nuke the values of high TIV games.

went back to the 2 closing gamestops and cleared out the rest of the $2 trade in games, these stores close in 5 days, ps4 and x1 used were 90% off, ps4 new was 70% and I grabbed a copy of surge 2 gamestop LE for $18 to keep. X1 new was $80% off.

I feel like this is the stupid GS way of closing their stores. Rather than having workers distribute the games, let cags move them to the other profitable stores and resell them to soccer moms. Maybe the cags will even keep a few games along the way.

Cashed out my 50K in points for a $50 amazon GC...employee didn't think it would work but he gave it a try. He was shocked to see it, but I wasn't. This might be my last hurrah, I did put $5 down on RE:3 since I know I'll be getting it. Was a fun ride while it lasted!
How do you cash out points for Amazon? I thought the only way to cash them out was through the rewards center. I’ve been doing rewards the wrong way for so long now apparently :/

Thats been my experience so far. Bought as many games to keep as I've bought to flip. Probably honestly bought more to keep though. Hopefully the next round of store closures is this exact same format so I can get the rest of the games I want for cheap.

Indefinitely. Don't expect to flip them though.
thanks, I just noticed there are some gems in there and if I can find them with case/artwork then Im in for them

How do you cash out points for Amazon? I thought the only way to cash them out was through the rewards center. I’ve been doing rewards the wrong way for so long now apparently :/
you can reedem points for rewards certs and use the certs on certain gift cards in store. amazon is one - i think digital currency is still good as well (psn/eshop/itunes)

Anyone get an e-mail about joining the gamestop e-rewards opinion panel???
That's really an old program. It use to be pretty easy to get a $25 GS gc every 3 months.. but they changed up the redemption amounts and it's a lot harder these past few years. I gave up on e-rewards about 2 years ago. Now I strictly go mypoints surveys for easy $5 Amazon cards every few weeks (or more often).

It's not for everyone but I do it mainly while watching tv.

As a aside I unloaded $100 in tc for Microsoft funny money today. I only have $60 left to unload and then I'm done with GS. Don't think I'll miss them, tbh.

Hello fellow CAGS. I went to my local GameStop today to pick up a pre-order (which hadn't arrived yet, Psikyo Shooting Stars ALPHA) and while I was there I inquired about the GameStop ap not reflecting my pre-order. I was told by the employees working today that the ap is currently not working properly and it's a known, widespread issue that GameStop is currently working on fixing.

Also, I asked about the $5.00 coupon that I haven't received yet and also asked about his experience on what exactly customers can and can't use it on, for the chosen few people who have actually gotten it. He then told me I should have gotten it and to contact customer service and they would send me a $5.00 coupon, adding that Nintendo eShop credit won't work with it but XBL and PSN credit works as well as it working on pre-owned games. So there's that.

UPDATE : Called GameStop customer service and was told that Power Up Rewards members not receiving the monthly $5.00 coupon for the month of January was a known widespread issue. The rep basically said there's nothing they can do but I would be getting the $5.00 coupon in February. Told her thats unacceptable and false advertisement and illegal. She then, as a one time courtesy, issued me 5,000 rewards points. 

Also, forgot to mention before- Game Informer magazine's January issue just arrived to some of the GameStop stores in my area today so we should be receiving our JAN 2020 issues in the mail soon. Asked an employee if its still gonna be 12 issues a year and they claimed it wouldn't be monthly anymore. So I then asked if its bi-monthly now and the employee claimed not bi-monthly nor monthly but to expect about 8 to 10 issues per calendar year on a scattered release shedule.

e-rewards used to be great but. I quit awhile ago been doing swagbucks instead. I started swagbucks when my youngest was born and have earned $10,480.00 worth of gift cards and paypal. Paid for all my steelbook movies, and my 4k tv, and then some.

Fine print for the 4x PUR points - "Points will be awarded after the close of the promotion, no later than 2/7/2020. Must be a PowerUp Rewards member to qualify. Double points will be awarded on transactions including 4 or more pre-owned games. Four times points will be awarded on transactions including 4 or more pre-owned games and a PowerUp Rewards Pro membership purchase or renewal. May be combined with buy 2 get 1 free pre-owned games promotional offer."

So I was banking on the "transaction" portion of the fine print to just add 4 for $10 to a massive trade in with the +$5 bonus + forced preorder haul (store manager was standing over the guy's shoulder and abiding by the promo wording...) = just short of 20k points in one transaction. So hopefully come Feb 7th, I will get another 20k points... or settle for 200  8-[  

Then eventually shift all those pre-orders into something like a PS5!  O:) Has anyone had luck getting pre-order credit in the form of cash? Never really cancelled a pre-order before. Pre-order credit on a game that is already released just gets put on your account after a certain time past the release date I assume?

LOL that explains a lot I was wondering why I got so much today for my X1X; extra funny story the girl at the counter (new I would guess) forgot to ring up my games so I got Octopath/FE3H and SmashUltimate for free....

LOL that explains a lot I was wondering why I got so much today for my X1X; extra funny story the girl at the counter (new I would guess) forgot to ring up my games so I got Octopath/FE3H and SmashUltimate for free....
Someone probably getting fired is funny (especially if they’re not a complete asshole)?

Dude you should return to the store and pay for the games. She could get fired.

I don't think many people would volunteer to pay $100 to save someone's minimum wage job. That might make them an asshole, but it's still not going to happen.

Also, forgot to mention before- Game Informer magazine's January issue just arrived to some of the GameStop stores in my area today so we should be receiving our JAN 2020 issues in the mail soon. Asked an employee if its still gonna be 12 issues a year and they claimed it wouldn't be monthly anymore. So I then asked if its bi-monthly now and the employee claimed not bi-monthly nor monthly but to expect about 8 to 10 issues per calendar year on a scattered release shedule.
Yep, just noticed that on the final page of the issue at the bottom(stating their publisher). It mentions that Game Informer now publishes 10 issues a year. So it looks like GS is cutting out 2 issues of the magazine a year now. Jeez, what's next, are they going to take the 10% trade in credit away from PUR Pro too?

Also FYI, the Jan. 2020 issue is the Playstation anniversary issue. Which the stores are getting really late if that's the one you saw, as most people got that last month. The one with Magic Legends on the cover is Feb. 2020.

Dude you should return to the store and pay for the games. She could get fired.
That I did not know as I wouldn't know how they could track it. She was with her manager who is an asshole and initially rang me up.

I will swing by today though as I do not want her to get fired she was very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back