2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Tulsa and Gamestop is testing their new stores here...

They are pretty awesome! Tons of gaming computer bays and 86 inch tvs set up with switches and tables for table top games. Couches and everything.

I was very impressed. Not a ton of cases on the wall and bs merchandise... they run all sorts of tournaments and you can organize the yourself!

They are taking them game shop model nationwide and it seems pretty sleek and awesome!
Yet another Tulsa CAGer. So am I.

They are pretty awesome! Tons of gaming computer bays and 86 inch tvs set up with switches and tables for table top games. Couches and everything.
I was very impressed. Not a ton of cases on the wall and bs merchandise... they run all sorts of tournaments and you can organize the yourself!
They are taking them game shop model nationwide and it seems pretty sleek and awesome!
Oh man! I've been waiting for more news about this. More details please! How much does it cost to rent time or a console or a PC? Do Pro members get any benefits? Is there a set schedule for tournaments? I have so many questions and can't wait for one to hit my area.

They haven't worked out a payment plan yet and are just letting people play for free.  Dude said they run Fortnite tourneys Friday nights and all sorts of other stuff like Madden and Smash.  I have already seen people organizing Smash tourneys at different Gamestops... like $10 entry where $5 goes to the store and $5 to the prize pool...

It was totally free!  I assume to get people to check it out... they said a pricing system was going to happen, but no idea when.  I checked out the biggest one in Tulsa and it was awesome!  Not like what we have known from GS at all...  I can see this model blowing up as it goes nationwide if they advertise it right.

They haven't worked out a payment plan yet and are just letting people play for free. Dude said they run Fortnite tourneys Friday nights and all sorts of other stuff like Madden and Smash. I have already seen people organizing Smash tourneys at different Gamestops... like $10 entry where $5 goes to the store and $5 to the prize pool...
It was totally free! I assume to get people to check it out... they said a pricing system was going to happen, but no idea when. I checked out the biggest one in Tulsa and it was awesome! Not like what we have known from GS at all... I can see this model blowing up as it goes nationwide if they advertise it right.
Is this the store you went to? Have they added anything since this video was taken? https://youtu.be/-OinJsqOAjc

Well one of the GameStop in my area is black to claiming that in order to get the bonus the whole amount needs to be applied to the pre order. I asked them to try to just put $5 on it and see if it works, they said "I know it will work, but it's our policy that it all goes on the pre order it says so right here." And points to a giant poster that says trade towards future games get $5 bonus. I looked at her dead pan and said it actually doesn't say that at all, show me where it says that. She obviously couldn't and said she would do it for this one time as an exception but in the future I would have to put it all towards the pre order.

I'm honestly pretty done with this place. I felt like for a while employees were chill and would just do what the computer allowed and not hassle you, but those days are over apparently. I also asked about my $5 for being a pro member that I haven't gotten and she said I would get it February 1st, so I guess no January $5 for me.

Well one of the GameStop in my area is black to claiming that in order to get the bonus the whole amount needs to be applied to the pre order. I asked them to try to just put $5 on it and see if it works, they said "I know it will work, but it's our policy that it all goes on the pre order it says so right here." And points to a giant poster that says trade towards future games get $5 bonus. I looked at her dead pan and said it actually doesn't say that at all, show me where it says that. She obviously couldn't and said she would do it for this one time as an exception but in the future I would have to put it all towards the pre order.

I'm honestly pretty done with this place. I felt like for a while employees were chill and would just do what the computer allowed and not hassle you, but those days are over apparently. I also asked about my $5 for being a pro member that I haven't gotten and she said I would get it February 1st, so I guess no January $5 for me.
Mine wasn't quite as anal. We're usually pretty chill and chat about stuff but this time his SL was organizing shit in the store and came over to state the entire $5 had to be put towards a pre-order, but the base TIV could be put on a card / used for whatever, so 5 games = $25 you had to put towards a pre-order. Rest could be spent on pokemon cards or whatnot. Who knows what the actual rules are intended to be (hence the typical "Trades subject to manager approval." clause), but trying to go in the few days of a promo before rules are fully understood is always risky. I think in the future it's best to call first before doing one of these poorly worded promos.

Mine wasn't quite as anal. We're usually pretty chill and chat about stuff but this time his SL was organizing shit in the store and came over to state the entire $5 had to be put towards a pre-order, but the base TIV could be put on a card / used for whatever, so 5 games = $25 you had to put towards a pre-order. Rest could be spent on pokemon cards or whatnot. Who knows what the actual rules are intended to be, but trying to go in the few days of a promo before rules are fully understood is always risky. I think in the future it's best to call first before doing one of these poorly worded promos.
That just doesn't make any sense either, why would the $5 bonus from each game have to be applied? Seems like they are just trying to get you to pre order more games. Clearly the system allows you to apply whatever to the pre order and it will go through no problem as they did it for me tonight after some resistance. I'm debating burning her on a survey but if this directed by the district managers I'm not sure that'd do any good.

You can manipulate the tags in the URL to get the coupon you want, even if you don't see it offered under Redeem Rewards.

I think this works best for home computers than phones. Open a reward for the category you want (ie, any item, only pre-owned, only on-line, etc..), but with the wrong $$ denomination. Then edit the $$ value in the address bar to the $$ you want, and hit Enter.

If should come up with a page for the newly desired $$.

GS's website isn't very user friendly, but there are some work-arounds.

I'll confirm it works, but I've only done it for $5 increments [5K point increments per $5 new / online .. or 4k point increments per $5 pre-owned].

You can get odd reward $$ values, never offered by their web services. Which is honestly necessary sometimes.
There is no URL parameter for "$$", only categoryType and sku. You can mess with the sku value to get other certs to redeem, but I see no option to define my own denomination. Interesting idea if it was possible though.

That just doesn't make any sense either, why would the $5 bonus from each game have to be applied? Seems like they are just trying to get you to pre order more games. Clearly the system allows you to apply whatever to the pre order and it will go through no problem as they did it for me tonight after some resistance. I'm debating burning her on a survey but if this directed by the district managers I'm not sure that'd do any good.
Yea, I got no grudge against the cashier dude, his manager was right there applying the rules as he had in his mind or heard on whatever conference call. Looking at their reddit page, this year is going to be tough on them so maybe I'll replace those pre-orders with some pre-orders for hot-wheels. They all count the same you think?

The also sell thermostats now apparently

https://www.gamestop.com/electronics/smart-home-automation/products/wi-fi-7-day-programmable-thermostat/10151865.html?rrec=true

Good deal on the Google home hub. I recently got a google nest hub (appears to be the same thing?) for my office and I really like it.
The wifi 3 pack is a great deal too best buy has the same one for $260. I have a Orbi system and my son now gets 4 times the speed upstairs on his PS4.

One of the GS close had the Google WiFi 3-pack in stock, so I’ll either have an upgrade at home or put it on eBay and make a few $. Once the 50% off hit SD front page, it went OOS for shipping very fast...

If 90% of gamestop's change to this by the end of 2020, that would be awesome!

Here's what a retro version looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mgxQmi_knI

If GS' turned into retro store I'd absolutely stop shopping there. There is absolutely no need for that, nor a need for modern gaming station stores. The number of people out there that actually want to go out in public to gaming tournaments nowadays is so few that this would absolutely be a company killer. If GS were to have maybe one store per state like this it might make sense, but for them to change the majority of stores to gaming stations would be such a laughable mistake.

Most people go into gamestop to buy what they want and get out. The last time I saw anyone playing a display system/game at a store was the early 2010s. Gamestop needs more selection of games and more games in total on the shelves, not less.
GS is on life support. While it may take a few more years for every store to shutter, we all know the headline, "Last Gamestop Stores Close Shop," is coming.

Ok I need a quick refresher, I know there’s a 2k a month limit on TC trade ins, is that rolling 30 days like the 4x item trade limit? Also is the trade ban typically 30 or 90 days?

They haven't worked out a payment plan yet and are just letting people play for free. Dude said they run Fortnite tourneys Friday nights and all sorts of other stuff like Madden and Smash. I have already seen people organizing Smash tourneys at different Gamestops... like $10 entry where $5 goes to the store and $5 to the prize pool...

It was totally free! I assume to get people to check it out... they said a pricing system was going to happen, but no idea when. I checked out the biggest one in Tulsa and it was awesome! Not like what we have known from GS at all... I can see this model blowing up as it goes nationwide if they advertise it right.
I think GS needs to try something like this to totally revamp their business. Hope it works.

Ok I need a quick refresher, I know there’s a 2k a month limit on TC trade ins, is that rolling 30 days like the 4x item trade limit? Also is the trade ban typically 30 or 90 days?
Rolling 30 for both, 5th of any SKU is a ban, so 4 is safe, and limits are 2k credit/500 cash. Ban lengths can definitely vary, I have had one as short as a week (that I know of, and possibly less) during the B2G1 last year, but default seems to be 90.

Rolling 30 for both, 5th of any SKU is a ban, so 4 is safe, and limits are 2k credit/500 cash. Ban lengths can definitely vary, I have had one as short as a week (that I know of, and possibly less) during the B2G1 last year, but default seems to be 90.
I'm not so sure about the $500 cash limit, because I did $570 cash over 3 days, $33 1st day then $504 the next day and did a $33 cash the 3rd day. I was expecting to get banned for doing $570 in cash. I was trying to cash out my trade credit before my Elite ran out.

I just used some points to get a $25 online certificate but every time I try and use it it tells me “Coupon cannot be added to your cart”.

Anybody else ever have this problem?

I'm not so sure about the $500 cash limit, because I did $570 cash over 3 days, $33 1st day then $504 the next day and did a $33 cash the 3rd day. I was expecting to get banned for doing $570 in cash. I was trying to cash out my trade credit before my Elite ran out.
Yeah, $500 has been the conventional wisdom forever, but I have had issues of all kinds with odd limits, too. During the B2G1 I got a trade credit exceeded notice on one account in the same day, about 20 minutes between trades at 2 different stores, and I was only at about $180 total. So, weird things apply.

Yeah I’ve never received a $5 cert for this month, only a $5 auto redeemed points very. Oh well. I don’t want to shop at GS much lately anyway

I just used some points to get a $25 online certificate but every time I try and use it it tells me “Coupon cannot be added to your cart”.

Anybody else ever have this problem?
Yes, multiple people have revealed that online certificates do not work. You will likely have to contact customer service and have them restore your points.

I ordered some OGXB stuff online Sunday for the B2G1 that arrives today. Anyone have much luck with retro games? My first time buying online with them and I was hoping at least a few have cases/books. My understanding is that I can return this stuff to the store if I don't like the condition? How does that work with the B2G1 pricing?

kkeiQXL.png

pReOwnED PrIceS wilL DrOP yOU gUiS, BUy PuR :D

For those looking for refunds of your PRO membership, you may be out of luck now, they just updated the terms:

A Pro Member may cancel their Membership and receive a full refund within 7 days of purchase of the Membership, subject to certain conditions. Upon returning the Pro Membership materials, the Pro Membership will be downgraded to the free Player PowerUp Rewards. A Member may cancel his or her Pro Membership at any time (without refund) by notifying Customer Service by mail, email, or telephone. GameStop, in its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel an individual Pro Membership by refunding the purchase price. Cancellation will result in the loss of any bonus points accumulated during the Pro Membership.
Source: https://www.gamestop.com/TermsConditions.html

For those looking for refunds of your PRO membership, you may be out of luck now, they just updated the terms:

Source: https://www.gamestop.com/TermsConditions.html
Is Gamestop fucking serious!? I've been trying to cancel since they dropped Elite Pro benefits and have been getting the run around and now they refuse to give you your money back for wanting to cancel a service you no longer can get the benefits of that you paid for.

Wow, Gamestop is shady but this shit is low.

My membership is only Pro, but for you Elite Pros out there, surely there is some kind of consumer protection on this? These changes seem absurdly shady

Is Gamestop fucking serious!? I've been trying to cancel since they dropped Elite Pro benefits and have been getting the run around and now they refuse to give you your money back for wanting to cancel a service you no longer can get the benefits of that you paid for.

Wow, Gamestop is shady but this shit is low.
They didn't change the language for Elite Pro refunds

PowerUp Rewards Elite Pro Membership

As of August 2018, PowerUp Rewards no longer offers the Elite Pro membership tier and as of January 16, 2020 PowerUp Rewards will no longer honor Elite tier status or benefits.

If you previously purchased an Elite Pro membership and your membership has not expired, you have been grandfathered into the NEW Pro membership. If you prefer not to participate in the NEW Pro tier, you may cancel your subscription and request a refund of your Elite Pro Membership by contacting Guest Care.

They didn't change the language for Elite Pro refunds

PowerUp Rewards Elite Pro Membership

As of August 2018, PowerUp Rewards no longer offers the Elite Pro membership tier and as of January 16, 2020 PowerUp Rewards will no longer honor Elite tier status or benefits.

If you previously purchased an Elite Pro membership and your membership has not expired, you have been grandfathered into the NEW Pro membership. If you prefer not to participate in the NEW Pro tier, you may cancel your subscription and request a refund of your Elite Pro Membership by contacting Guest Care.
Let's see if that's true since I've been trying to cancel since the program switched over and no one knows how to do so and they all state it isn't possible for them to do.

I know this has been addressed before, but refresh me - I've got a decent amount of points, but I also know that PUR certs aren't particularly useful with B2G1 deals.  SO, can PUR certs be turned into GS gift cards?

Pokemon Emerald is up to $85 now...saw that today and laughed, considering most of those are fakes.
Yeeep, that was the one that got me to go through my christmas orders.

Gen 3 remakes boned us hard on that one re:what people want to buy for hoenn.

Fun facts! With average gba cart weight hovering around ~10g, 1 carat equalling 0.2g, and the equivalent weight of 50ct raw emerald running you around ~$500 usd in small, rough stones, gamestop is currently valuing pokemon emerald at around ~17% its weight in its equivalent precious gems! Buy buy buy!

I took a risk and ordered Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen just now with the B2G1...apparently from the time I looked this morning to now, FireRed went on sale from $55 down to $35, so I spent $85 for 2x FireRed and one LeafGreen. The app prices are all jacked though...LeafGreen shows $39 but rings up $44.99.

Hoping for a legit cart...

Seems like they may be randomly dropping prices in-store on some games. Heard the associates talking about changing prices for games and saw a stack of about 50 or so PS4/XB1 games. Some might be increases, but some might be drops. Grabbed Batman Arkham Knight as part of the 4 for 20. It shows up online as $15, but in store and in the system its $9.99. Might be worth taking a trip to the store.
I've grabbed the PS4 copy a couple of times over the last couple of months as part of the 4/$20, and I'm currently still seeing both versions at $10 on the site. But the XB1 version does show a normal price of $15 marked down to $10

Seems like they may be randomly dropping prices in-store on some games. Heard the associates talking about changing prices for games and saw a stack of about 50 or so PS4/XB1 games. Some might be increases, but some might be drops. Grabbed Batman Arkham Knight as part of the 4 for 20. It shows up online as $15, but in store and in the system its $9.99. Might be worth taking a trip to the store.
Saw associate re-stickering entirety of ps3 yesterday; might be price change, might be removal of pro pricing details.

Best part was them meticulously organizing them so that the 15 games still with cases were in an attractive rectangular display...surrounding the unbroken parade of 100 generic cased ones filling the full ~4 shelves between them.

Looked like the damn switch wall, the titles were so uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back