2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don’t do any other trade credit promo, all no matter PUR or not customers get 10% extra trade credit, & an additional 10% more if you add on one of those rubber piggy phone stands for $.97.
I assumed it was a weird way to try to get people to sign up for the new sh*tty program. They're even dropping the trade bonus amount. They never used to go below 20% on their bonuses except for pro day or prestige day

Closing Sunday or just announced?

I seen a local reseller with a switch kiosk for sale I figured they got it from GameStop this was 2 weeks ago.
I'm not sure. I just noticed the Houston store when I checked the closing list today.

Anyone else have employees at closing stores hoarding shit??

The hood closing store had switch games at 60% off Wednesday. I buy a good amount and ask where the pokemon sword and shield games are at, since they weren't in the box of switch games. The guy is like oh we're sold out (blatant lie- as both showed up in the app still in inventory as new, as well as the only new pokemon eevee they still had in said box). So I ask, are you sure? eevee and those two show up in the inventory still and I called to verify (I didn't). He's like yea this whole system has been wonky as of late. Luckily another employee overhears and is like oh pokemon sword and shield are locked under the register and he gives me 4 copies at $24 a piece, i didnt want to be too greedy (in hindsight I should've bought them out for lying to me), he probably didnt get the memo that they were going to hoard them and buy it themselves, so then I proceed to leave as theyre closing for the night but overhear that prices will go down at managers discretion tomorrow. So I go early in the morning, hoping to get more cheap switch game for what I believe to be 70%. However, all new switch games magically go from 60% to 80% off! Sword and Shield are still showing up in inventory and are now $12 TWELVE! fuking dollars. I come in, different employees from yesterday mind you, I buy an xbox one x as theyre also down to $200, and tell them I want more switch games. Explain that I was there last night and to get me a pair of pokemon games you have under the register. new guy lies and says "yea we're sold out, someone must've bought them all last night (impossible as I was last person in the store), I'm like are you sure??, it says its in inventory and I could've sworn there was a bunch last night still when you were closing, and hes like naw man we are out. Didn't really want to argue as this is the hood after-all. I proceed to buy out most of their remaining switch games and a couple of accessories. New and sealed Torna 2 for $5!!! Can't beat that. A couple hours later I look up the games and theyre not in inventory anymore lol. Guess I can't complain too much as I would have done the exact same thing if I was in their shoes. But man did that annoy me. 

Also, completely random and I dono why the employees at this other closing store blatantly lied to me about me supposedly getting the last brand new xbox one x. I literally called 45 mins before showing up and they said that they have 3 new xbox one x's for sale. This store is in the far burbs and has really low foot traffic so the odds are highly in my favor that no one will buy any of those 3 at like 3pm on a Thursday and I was hoping to purchase two so i go. Head out right after work, walk in, and say I called about the xbox one x's and the guys like oh yea we've got one more. This is the last one, you're so lucky blah blah blah. Kinda suspicious sounding, so I had a buddy call over just to make sure and low and behold they tell him they have 2 more left.... like wtf??? what if I was a soccer mom with 6 kids and wanted to buy all 3? Makes absolutely no sense why you wouldnt sell someone 2 or even 3 xbox one x's... I even bought 4 switch games in that same transaction. You would think that they would want to move all that product asap and not risk it going down in price or just not sell at all...

Completely wiped the closest closing store. Every item in the store was 90% off. Got the Gears 5 collectors edition chest for $20, a TON of sealed XB1/PS4 games (Breakpoint, WWE2k20, etc.) for $2-$6, a TON of pops for under $1 each, some cheap last gen controllers for $2 each, and some other obscure things for under $3. Very fun. Now to decide whether or not I want to trade them in with the extra +$5, or hope they hold value or increase and wait for the next 50%. Even got a few switch games for $4.

There were three of us at opening. One guy ran in and grabbed another Gears 5 chest and the Beyond Good and Evil $300 statue, as well as all the remaining obscure XB1 games. The other guy bought the remaining steelbooks and some other games also. Then an hour later a different guy came in, went to the 360 section, and took every last game, even the duplicates including the 10 copies of Kinectanimals.

I hope this happens again soon lol.
The gears collectors edition chest has no game inside though - you know that right?

Yup, do they all come with no game though? Thought they all did, but it says on the front that it usually does.
yea none of them have it. Its really bizarre as it is advertised on the cover like you said, but that stopped me from getting one. we opened up some in the store and none of them had it.

how hard is it to cancel pre orders ? do they give you a hard time?
It isnt too bad, I went in today to cancel about $500 worth of preorders because I was forced to use the +$5 bonus all on pre-orders earlier this week. Just be nice to the guy unlucky enough to have to have your pre-orders cancelled on his stats - I bought 3 sets of B2G1, some clearance crap, renewed my membership (to trigger the 4x and kind of pay for itself) and put the remaining trade credit in $5 chunks towards preorders so I wouldn't be saddled with another trade credit card :beer:

Remember retailers are no longer allowed on PlayStation to see full game downloads; just DLC, & currency/PS Plus membership cards.

If it’s XBox then I have no idea when that will shop up, if at all.
Yeah, Xbox. Usually go fully digital, but have a gift card and some trade credit. I'm not worried if I have a physical game or two, just not my preference

In the new GameStop stores, are the discs in the drawers underneath each section? I've seen a few videos and it looks like there aren't any drawers behind the counter. It already takes some people forever to get games, I can't imagine if they have to walk 20 feet.

And if it hasn't been mentioned yet, the new ad doesn't say anything about the $5 bonus being current-gen only.

TL;DR: The employees are all getting laid off and should get first dibs on everything.
Nah, that's not first dibs, that's ONLY dibs. They can buy it at any time, sure, I've no complaints - but what they were doing was keeping them hidden to maximize % off on last day for themselves, too.

If they want to buy it at 70% off? Cool, first dibs, knock yourselves out. But if they want to wait for 90% off, firesale, tendie-bux maximization prices, and a customer's asking after them two weeks before while they're still 70%...well.

TL;DR App shows people inventory; people make the pilgrimage, people get lied to, people wasted their time.

Either extend your fraud to your systems (zero out inventory) or be honest during your forcible re-entrance into the local labor market.

Nah, that's not first dibs, that's ONLY dibs. They can buy it at any time, sure, I've no complaints - but what they were doing was keeping them hidden to maximize % off on last day for themselves, too.
If they want to buy it at 70% off? Cool, first dibs, knock yourselves out. But if they want to wait for 90% off, firesale, tendie-bux maximization prices, and a customer's asking after them two weeks before while they're still 70%...well.

TL;DR App shows people inventory; people make the pilgrimage, people get lied to, people wasted their time.
Either extend your fraud to your systems (zero out inventory) or be honest during your forcible re-entrance into the local labor market.
Whatever. Far as I'm concerned, they've worked for a corporation that's done little to shit nothing for them, and then is happy to lay them all off.

GS employees can have first, middle, final dibs. It's the least the corporation could do for them.

I can confirm 360 games DO get the $5 bonus. Traded in Fight Night Champion (BC) and got $18, and Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 (Not BC) and got $7.
Damn there's probably like eight copies of Smackdown at every closing GameStop. Guess I'll go check.

anyone got trouble using the $25 off coupon code from the console/PSVR purchase during Black Friday deal? it doesnt recognize the coupon on the gamestop site.

So how was the last day store closing for you guys? What type of games did you see, what was the percent off, consoles still there? Moreso, how was the employees, I'm sure it's been tough on them.

So how was the last day store closing for you guys? What type of games did you see, what was the percent off, consoles still there? Moreso, how was the employees, I'm sure it's been tough on them.
There were still some relevant games. I got sea of thieves, rage 2, ghost recon amongst many at 90% off. No consoles, they were all sold out yesterday. The whole store was 90% off so I did get a Wii U pro controller, some Xbox one controller battery packs, a 3ds case etc. Workers didn’t really care and unplugged the phone as well, which is to be expected.

To be honest, the real damage I did was over the last week when I picked up a ton of stuff. Last day was cool to see things for pennies, but not that much stuff left that was actually desirable.

As of Friday morning, I traded games for nes, genesis, wii u, gba, gamecube, and switch and got $5 extra for each game trade, as long as I put $5 down on a pre-order, so looks like retro gets a bonus, too

edit: It ends on 2/9/2020! That should give everyone time to look through their stuff!

If the San Diego Terra Nova store closes Sunday not today and hits 90% last time I was there there was an HTC Vive bundle just FYI

This had to have been a headset bundle because the MSRP was $799

It was $450 ish a little over a week ago when I was there (40%?) too rich for my blood still but if it truly went 90% it'd be worth it but I can't make it there this weekend

At a store closing. Called yesterday and they said today is their last day and everything should be 90% off. We'll see if that's true though.

aKw6LXl.jpg

I can’t believe there are now so few GameStops in NYC. It’s a billion dollar industry bigger than movies and they can’t get it right. What a terribly managed company

I traded in Left 4 dead 2 (360) this past Monday and did not get the $5 bonus. Maybe they adjusted the promo to include all games after that day?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

At a store closing. Called yesterday and they said today is their last day and everything should be 90% off. We'll see if that's true though.
Everything except digital games and cards should be 90 or 95% off. That was the case at my store in the last two days. Sadly I missed the first day of the last week and it was slim pickings at the very end by me.

Good luck!

I can’t believe there are now so few GameStops in NYC. It’s a billion dollar industry bigger than movies and they can’t get it right. What a terribly managed company
Agreed that they are terribly managed but the industry hasn't exactly been making it easy on any physical retailer.

It's funny how well I remember being a CAG taking advantage of Circuit City and all of us complaining about them as they went under. History repeats itself. Get off my lawn. Etc.

I traded in Left 4 dead 2 (360) this past Monday and did not get the $5 bonus. Maybe they adjusted the promo to include all games after that day?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
Apparently. I traded in a PS3 game on Monday and didn’t get the bonus. Just traded in some 360 games and a GameCube game and they all got the bonus.

Anyone know of any Gamestops closing in Central/Northern Florida or Southern Georgia? The list hasn't been updated on that site and I was wondering if anyone had seen any.

Apparently. I traded in a PS3 game on Monday and didn’t get the bonus. Just traded in some 360 games and a GameCube game and they all got the bonus.
Do the games have to have a minimum of a $2 trade in value?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm newish to the Gamestop trading game but I'm a fast learner.  How do I maximize this?  I am PRO and want to trade the following:

Several controllers

Zelda BOTW

Anthem XB1

Anthem PS4

On all these can I get 10% pro bonus plus the 10% promo on all trades?  

Can I stack that with $5 bonus per game if I apply a couple bucks towards a pre-order?

Someone a few posts back said you get yet another 10% if you add a rubber phone holder thingie that costs $.97.  Is this accurate and does it stack with everything else?

Planning on taking the credit and leaving with 3 first party Switch games with B2G1.  Should I add some cheap game to get 2x points?  Is 4x only if I renew my membership?

And lastly, my $5 months coupon, that doesn't really count for anything in this equation because it excludes pre-owned games, right?

A million questions, thanks in advance for your help.

Just got back from trading in some WiiU games that had the minimum $2 TIV.  I did get the $5 bonus per game with a preorder, so it does work with WiiU games too in case anyone was wondering.

Last weekend of the Gamestop closing near me. Loaded up on $1 games. For $30 I got a ton of games:

Trials Rising Gold (PS4)

World of Warships Legends (PS4 and XBONE)

Farming Simulator 19 (PS4)

Fisherman Fishing Planet (PS4)

Astro Bot (PS4)

Skyrim VR (PS4)

KH3 (two copies) (PS4)

Anthem (PS4)

Fallout 76 (PS4)

State of Decay 2

Battlefield 4 (XBONE)

Dishonored 2/Prey 2 pack (XBONE)

Borderlands 1 (XBONE)

Trine Ultimate Collection (XBONE)

Trine 4 (XBONE)

Sea of Thieves

Wolfenstein Youngblood Deluxe (XBONE)

Soul Calibur 6 collectors edition (XBONE)

Fire Emblem Warriors

Wanted to preorder Doom Eternal and the Sword and Shield expansion pass so made quite a bit of trade credit off of this transaction by taking it to the other GS near me. Crossing my fingers that GS lasts until November so I can use the trade credit I have left to get what Nintendo's mysterious November release will be.

Stores were at 95% off today.

Don’t waste your time if you’re in the DFW area. Only old sports games on last gen systems remained.

Should have went yesterday. I suspect the next round, things will vanish much faster.

Stores were at 95% off today.

Don’t waste your time if you’re in the DFW area. Only old sports games on last gen systems remained.

Should have went yesterday. I suspect the next round, things will vanish much faster.

Swung by the Houston Windsor Gardens location. As others have pointed out she was picked clean.

Did manage to pick up a new Xbox One X Fallout 76 Robot White for $200 to finish my collection.

Only one employee working there at the time. I thanked him after the transaction and wished him good luck.

aKw6LXl.jpg
Ah so you’re the one who cleared out the one at Barrett Pkwy. I cleared out the one at Roswell Road at 10am for $75 and immediately traded all the stuff for $240. Also got a couple extra games to trade and an all digital XB1S for $75. Then I went to Barrett Pkwy to check if they had games but they were all o it and said someone bought everything. Can’t wait for more closures

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back