2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
> says "muh video game time is limited"

> proceeds to always talk about how he spends hours each day going to Gamestops

> always brags about having games

> all those games he will never play

> mom continues to be proud of the collection her son continues to build in her basement

the end
Jesus

This isn't exactly true. I took some older gen stuff in, (Xbox 360, Wii etc) and said everything over the $2 mark put towards my preorder of RE3. He said it was for current gen games only. I said I had been reading around and I believe that is not the case and to just try my copy of Wii Sports and see what happens when put towards the preorder. Well it got the $5 bump. He was surprised but finished my order which paid off my RE3 and got an extra $58. So the older stuff works just ask them to try it if they have an issue. My point to this is that you only need to put .01 of your trade in goods toward a preorder (not pay it off, I just chose to do that) and can get the rest on a card, Hope that helps.

Just traded in a few games including Wii and Xbox 360 ones towards a pre order. They were all worth at least $2 trade in and they all got the $5 bump.
I just left a Gamestop, trading in some current gen games for the promo and the woman working told me the promo had just been updated to include last gen games too. So I will be going back with a big old stack of stuff tomorrow.

Can you make a preorder at one store and then pay toward that preorder at another store?

Also, an FYI, I got a $50 reward certificate and it would NOT work on an Amazon gift card. It was a variable card so I’m not sure if that was the reason.
Did you try to do anything else on that same transaction? Last time I tried to buy one with a cert about a month ago it wouldn't work because I had done a trade on the same transaction. Fortunately the guy working has been a manager for like 100 years so he instantly realized what the issue was. Did the gift card on a separate transaction and had no issue.

Anybody else notice that GameStop raised the price on a ton of retro games. So much for dropping used prices once the pro discount was taken away

Please don't cancel 10 preorders on an employee.
Lol I once saw an unprofessional employee who accepted a game return. He told the customer, “that’s fucked up” it wasn’t multiple cancellations just one return lol. I feel bad when I cancel or return but a customer gotta do what they gotta do. Wish it wouldn’t affect employees that much

Did you try to do anything else on that same transaction? Last time I tried to buy one with a cert about a month ago it wouldn't work because I had done a trade on the same transaction. Fortunately the guy working has been a manager for like 100 years so he instantly realized what the issue was. Did the gift card on a separate transaction and had no issue.
That was probably the issue. She tried to process it in the same transaction with some trade ins.

Anybody else notice that GameStop raised the price on a ton of retro games. So much for dropping used prices once the pro discount was taken away

kkeiQXL.png

pReOwnED PrIceS wilL DrOP yOU gUiS, BUy PuR :D
copy that my dude

Upside to the price increase is that I actually managed to snag Lufia Ruins of Lore and  Lufia The Legend Returns. Everytime I looked before they were out of stock. Lets just hope these work right.

Looks like they show a lower price on games that are out of stock but when they come in stock, the prices go up. That's just like eStarland.

Just used certs 50 and 5 on amazon with no issues.
I didn't get to mention cause I was banned at the time, but for my last GS elite pro blowout weeks ago I did exactly what you did. Trade and buy back with a partner. Ended up with the same in TC and about 800 in cash.

If you were looking to cash out trade credit, what would you do? I am considering getting Microsoft credit as I could use it on hardware or software.

Is there anything we can get with a GameStop gift card that isn’t allowed with trade credit? Thanks!

If you were looking to cash out trade credit, what would you do? I am considering getting Microsoft credit as I could use it on hardware or software.

Is there anything we can get with a GameStop gift card that isn’t allowed with trade credit? Thanks!
buy stuff online, return in store for cash

That’s what I’m in the midst of doing — converting most of my GS credit to Microsoft money to buy the Series X when it’s released.

Another thing I’ve looked into is that if you set your Netflix and Hulu so that they’re billed through iTunes you can use iTunes credit to pay those bills — and that’s something you can still get with trade credit at GS. I’m not sure what all streaming services this works with, that’s just two examples that I use.

[quote name="TuscaloosaJohnny" post="14259771" timestamp="1580211244"]

Another thing I’ve looked into is that if you set your Netflix and Hulu so that they’re billed through iTunes you can use iTunes credit to pay those bills — and that’s something you can still get with trade credit at GS. I’m not sure what all streaming services this works with, that’s just two examples that I use.[/quote

Netflix no longer gives customers those options. You would have to be already enrolled in iTunes billing before they took the option away.

Was going to dump off the majority of my Xbox One games since I hardly play my Xbox One, but low and behold nearly all of the values for the games I have have dropped just under $2 now... Still going through my collection to see what I have worth getting rid of to build up some credit. Trying to take advantage of these promotions while I can. I don't see Gamestop lasting much longer beyond 2021 at the rate they are going. 

That’s what I’m in the midst of doing — converting most of my GS credit to Microsoft money to buy the Series X when it’s released.
I put all my trade credit into a $400 preorder item (biomutant atomic edtion) so I can simply move it over to the new Playstation at the end of the year.

[quote name="kaydigi" post="14259790" timestamp="1580224150"]

[quote name="TuscaloosaJohnny" post="14259771" timestamp="1580211244"]

Another thing I’ve looked into is that if you set your Netflix and Hulu so that they’re billed through iTunes you can use iTunes credit to pay those bills — and that’s something you can still get with trade credit at GS. I’m not sure what all streaming services this works with, that’s just two examples that I use.[/quote

Netflix no longer gives customers those options. You would have to be already enrolled in iTunes billing before they took the option away.[/quote]

Well, crap. Thanks for the heads up.

The refurb fee on a PS4 Slim is $50? Can anyone confirm?

I picked one up for $20 and it looks like the APU isn't connecting properly. I'd have to either have it reballed or replace the mobo and I'm not sure it is worth the cost.

I could pick up a controller for cheap and trade it in during a good bump in system credit and eat the refurb fee.

i have about $1400 in credit that I will spend on digital currency and next gen. i’m already feeling how i felt when my GCU ended...disinterested in buying anything that I would’ve gotten the discount prior regardless of the “deal”.

I just can’t justify buying any preowned games without elite/cag16/promos or a significant change in pricing.

New games are too expensive at GS even with the $5 coupon compared to alternative options.

I may go digital only next gen and just wait for sales on most AAA games instead of messing with trading in games (i’m past collecting beyond retro at this point...games are incomplete, need patches/updates/etc)

Sorry for the rant lol

I feel you on that. I too had GCU but as soon as mine ended, I stopped buying games at BestBuy unless it was Black Friday. I don't even think I'll be an Elite Plus member this year with it being gone and I've been at that status for at least 4 years due to GCU.

It's only been a few weeks but I've already skipped out on used games at Gamestop because it's cheaper buying new elsewhere. Only reason I've gone in was because of the discounts from store closings and $5 trade in bonus. Without that, I have no intention of going there. 

I was there the other day doing trades and my gf wanted to get a game that just got converted to used so it was $10 cheaper than new. We were about to get it but I decided to check Amazon and it was $15 cheaper than Gamestop used so we passed on it. I have a feeling it's going to be like that for all games I attempt to buy there without the Elite Pro discount.

Well.  Think I've officially had the worse "gamestop selling used shit as new" experience that I'm ever going to have with them.  Bought the $150 EON HDMI adapter for N64 when they had that "get two free games" sales a couple of days ago. 

The unit I was shipped was clearly opened and used; almost certainly a return. Both seals were broken, the unit was not even sitting in the box correctly and there was actual dust on the inside of the case (presumably from wherever it sat "opened" for some time).  

It probably works just fine and all but the principle of the whole thing has me pretty pissed. 

I actively dislike when people wish for a store to go out of business just cause they don't like it themselves but man Gamestop makes it hard to root for them. 

Well. Think I've officially had the worse "gamestop selling used shit as new" experience that I'm ever going to have with them. Bought the $150 EON HDMI adapter for N64 when they had that "get two free games" sales a couple of days ago.

The unit I was shipped was clearly opened and used; almost certainly a return. Both seals were broken, the unit was not even sitting in the box correctly and there was actual dust on the inside of the case (presumably from wherever it sat "opened" for some time).

It probably works just fine and all but the principle of the whole thing has me pretty pissed.

I actively dislike when people wish for a store to go out of business just cause they don't like it themselves but man Gamestop makes it hard to root for them.
I feel ya. I ordered a 'New' Steelseries Arctis 7 online. Came in after a week and a half (with their edge shipping) - opened the box and the seal on the box was already open... This is the second time this has happened (ordered a different headset before with the same results)

I may go digital only next gen and just wait for sales on most AAA games instead of messing with trading in games (i’m past collecting beyond retro at this point...games are incomplete, need patches/updates/etc)

Sorry for the rant lol
I hear you, just the other day it first hit me that I'm probably going to go all digital next gen. I try to get physical as much as possible but at this point most game discs are nothing more than product keys. I'll stick it out with physical for the rest of this gen but give in to the future I suppose.

Well. Think I've officially had the worse "gamestop selling used shit as new" experience that I'm ever going to have with them. Bought the $150 EON HDMI adapter for N64 when they had that "get two free games" sales a couple of days ago.

I had a similar experience when I bought a clearance Steam Machine from them. It was obviously a defective return as there was an issue with the CMOS battery, and it even had the DEFECTIVE RETURN TO WAREHOUSE sticker. I got it free from the big 4th of July 2017 flipfest so I couldn't really complain, but if that happened to me I'm sure it's happening to good, honest people that pay with real money.

Does anyone know the last nba 2k game where kobe was on the active roster? I'm guessing 2k17 since he retired in 2016.
Speculation on if prices will go up? If so, 2k10 had Kobe on the cover and from what I see, 2k16 was the last one to have him the roster.

Speculation on if prices will go up? If so, 2k10 had Kobe on the cover and from what I see, 2k16 was the last one to have him the roster.
He's on the cover of 2k17's Legend Edition. Includes a Kobe poster, trading cards, and lenticular cover.

He's on the cover of 2k17's Legend Edition. Includes a Kobe poster, trading cards, and lenticular cover.
Thank you, I missed that in my research.

Edit: Yep, prices are bumping up on the Legend Edition.

It isnt too bad, I went in today to cancel about $500 worth of preorders because I was forced to use the +$5 bonus all on pre-orders earlier this week. Just be nice to the guy unlucky enough to have to have your pre-orders cancelled on his stats - I bought 3 sets of B2G1, some clearance crap, renewed my membership (to trigger the 4x and kind of pay for itself) and put the remaining trade credit in $5 chunks towards preorders so I wouldn't be saddled with another trade credit card :beer:
Why did you have $500 in pre-orders? you dont have to put the entire trade in credit towards the pre-orders to get the bonus. You trade in your ten games, say you wan t to put $5 towards ONE game, and thats it. you still get the bonus on everything, and then you only need to cancel one preorder down the line, or transfer it to something else.

Thanks for posting the details on those 2k editions.  Made me remember that I have a new :360: 2k10 anniversary / locker edition still sealed.

I just ordered NBA 2K10 (used-complete) for 360 from eStarland for under $5. Chances are the prices will go up for 2K10 and 2K17 Legend Edition. I'm hoping to get 2K17 Legend Edition for a fair price, going to start hunting for it soon both local and online.

It's just grim that items have more value and can be harder to find after a person perishes than when they are alive. :cry:

Why did you have $500 in pre-orders? you dont have to put the entire trade in credit towards the pre-orders to get the bonus. You trade in your ten games, say you wan t to put $5 towards ONE game, and thats it. you still get the bonus on everything, and then you only need to cancel one preorder down the line, or transfer it to something else.
If you re-read closely, I said I was forced to. As in the store manager was there making sure his employee was making me spent the entire $5 bonus amount on preorders because that was the way he interpreted the promo. I attempted to argue many times as it clearly would have rung me out without issue but decided I wasn’t going to get that many games reinspected and thankfully his interpretation was only the $5 bonus needed to be spent, not the base TIV (yea... don’t ask me how he arrived to those restrictions) so I did get a good chunk on a card. Lesson learned: trade in at your home store where everybody knows your name!

Some stores are shittier than others. Most just let you do $5 on one game, or even better, just stack ANOTHER $5 on a game you already have pre-ordered. Which 100% works.

I say most, because I did have the misfortune of finding a location that had a "store policy", where each game traded for the $5 trigger must be a new pre-order.

I stood my ground, telling the person to just put $5 on the game I chose and see what happens. After I was ready to walk out, the employee put the deposit, and volla! Major price bump, to the tune of $200. They "acted" dumbfounded, maybe they were (but probably not, I think it was a SL at this location - the GA's I know are super cool and wouldn't pull this crap.)

I went back again, but this time, as soon as I walked up, I just had my card out for them to scan, then said "I'd like to put $5 on <existing game I already pre-ordered>". When they finished that I lift up my bag, and indicated that I'd like to also trade these in for store credit.

The trade prices all come up correctly, without the pre-order BS.

I think I personally like my solution. Walk up, show card (or give phone #), pre-order FIRST, then trade shit in. Works better, IMO.

If a store makes me pre-order 20 games .. I'm not spending $1k to complete the order, you're nuts.

I just ordered NBA 2K10 (used-complete) for 360 from eStarland for under $5. Chances are the prices will go up for 2K10 and 2K17 Legend Edition. I'm hoping to get 2K17 Legend Edition for a fair price, going to start hunting for it soon both local and online.

It's just grim that items have more value and can be harder to find after a person perishes than when they are alive. :cry:
Think this is one of those cases (pun intended) where the case condition matters!

Nah, I just wanted to be able to play him again. I figure 2k20 or others may have him to purchase as the ultimate team stuff but it would be nice to have him in a laker uniform in his natural habitat.

Nah, I just wanted to be able to play him again. I figure 2k20 or others may have him to purchase as the ultimate team stuff but it would be nice to have him in a laker uniform in his natural habitat.

He would be on all teams in exhibition mode. Like 2000 lakers etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back