2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we supposed to get an email with the $5 off PUR Pro coupon? I never received anything. However, when I log into my account I can find an unprintable $5 off PUR Pro coupon code. Not sure how to redeem it in-store if I can't print it. Does I just need to give the cashier the promo code?

Are we supposed to get an email with the $5 off PUR Pro coupon? I never received anything. However, when I log into my account I can find an unprintable $5 off PUR Pro coupon code. Not sure how to redeem it in-store if I can't print it. Does I just need to give the cashier the promo code?
Get the app and show it in the app. They can scan the barcode off your phone.

they can see it on ur acct and can apply it if u ask them.

GameStop has caught wind to this $5 promotion. Even though the computer allows it they are trying to make you preorder the same amount of games you trading in over $2. I had to leave 1 store because no way I was making 10 seperate preorders for this promotion on 1 transaction.

FWIW, I emailed GS last month regarding the bd coupon and they said it's not a part of the rewards program anymore.

I'm sure ymmv with getting an answer but I didnt fight it.
I see. Of course, another post-sign up change because any time I re-upped, they'd say "B2G1F for your b-day!!".

GameStop has caught wind to this $5 promotion. Even though the computer allows it they are trying to make you preorder the same amount of games you trading in over $2. I had to leave 1 store because no way I was making 10 seperate preorders for this promotion on 1 transaction.
What you experienced was just sucky stores, making up their own policy .. sorry :(

Traded in a bunch today. I have them scan my PUR first, then mention I want to add $5 to my existing pre-order.

Then open bags and let the transaction begin! If you add money to an existing preorder initially (or create a new pre-order), the TIV's all come up correctly. +$5 per game.

However -- if you add a pre-order at the end, you may get an annoying employee challenging you (probably a SL).

If you do it my way, in a sucky store (and it's a sucky store):
Once they see what you'll get, then they try to undo it all .. it's too late. Raise hell. They can't undo what you say- and what their system offers. What the screen shows is what you're promised to get.

Promo ends tomorrow evening. Or Sunday (maybe). GS wording FTW - ends Saturday at COB (according to the ad) .. or ends "through" Sunday according to the trade section of GSO, I have no idea.

I'm going to treat it as ending Saturday evening. I don't wan't to be stuck with shitty games I want to flip.

What you experienced was just sucky stores, making up their own policy .. sorry :(

Traded in a bunch today. I have them scan my PUR first, then mention I want to add $5 to my existing pre-order.

Then open bags and let the transaction begin! If you add money to an existing preorder initially (or create a new pre-order), the TIV's all come up correctly. +$5 per game.

However -- if you add a pre-order at the end, you may get an annoying employee challenging you (probably a SL).

If you do it my way, in a sucky store (and it's a sucky store):
Once they see what you'll get, then they try to undo it all .. it's too late. Raise hell. They can't undo what you say- and what their system offers. What the screen shows is what you're promised to get.

Promo ends tomorrow evening. Or Sunday (maybe). GS wording FTW - ends Saturday at COB (according to the ad) .. or ends "through" Sunday according to the trade section of GSO, I have no idea.

I'm going to treat it as ending Saturday evening. I don't wan't to be stuck with shitty games I want to flip.
Yea I’ve already done this promotion this week at other stores with no issue so I decided to go to a store close to where I’m moving to and this the only store I’ve had this issue with. Guy wanted me to put like 13 preorders then cancel them after release so it doesn’t go against his numbers but I wasn’t trying to go through all them hoops.

Yea I’ve already done this promotion this week at other stores with no issue so I decided to go to a store close to where I’m moving to and this the only store I’ve had this issue with. Guy wanted me to put like 13 preorders then cancel them after release so it doesn’t go against his numbers but I wasn’t trying to go through all them hoops.
If it's a new store to you, I understand -- they are trying to work you.

They underestimated you :)

However ...

He want's you to cancel the pre-orders, at a later date, against a different employee [Employees praised for positive daily pre-orders, written-up for negative pre-orders -- if an employee gets a bunch of cancels, they can go to negative vlues].

Which dings the "recipient employee", not "the scumbag employee". Very shady / shitty.

(Person who sold "stuff" gets the credit for a pre-order .. other employee gets the ding for massive cancels [pink slip, termination notice].)

Just walk away from cruddy stores like this. I'm not a fan of ever leaving bad reviews, but this is a good example to leave one.

I see. Of course, another post-sign up change because any time I re-upped, they'd say "B2G1F for your b-day!!".
When I looked at the PUR program details on the website today, I didn't see any mention of birthday rewards anymore. I seem to remember it being listed in prior years.

The weirdest thing happened to me at GS. I went to return an HDMI cable that I needed for my PS4 because it didn't work. The cashier pointed it out to me that it was a Nintendo HDMI cable. I was like so what it's your fault but he went in the back to talk to his manager about letting me return it. He decided to return it anyway since I'm a good customer. This was just stupid. I didn't even notice the Nintendo logo.

Do you guys think they'll do another $5 bump anytime soon?

I've got a copy of SCVI I want to switch for digital (on sale this week for $15) but the TIV has dropped back down to $7 from $10. Not sure if it'll get another monthly bump during the $5 bonus.

Do you guys think they'll do another $5 bump anytime soon?

I've got a copy of SCVI I want to switch for digital (on sale this week for $15) but the TIV has dropped back down to $7 from $10. Not sure if it'll get another monthly bump during the $5 bonus.
$5 bump ends tomorrow. I wouldn't risk it coming back. I traded in a bunch today and was very pleased.

The weirdest thing happened to me at GS. I went to return an HDMI cable that I needed for my PS4 because it didn't work. The cashier pointed it out to me that it was a Nintendo HDMI cable. I was like so what it's your fault but he went in the back to talk to his manager about letting me return it. He decided to return it anyway since I'm a good customer. This was just stupid. I didn't even notice the Nintendo logo.
Tbh the brand shouldn’t even matter an hdmi is an hdmi

New ad: https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_020920

Main things that stood out are an extra 20% credit towards any accessory >$50 (like controllers) and a new (?) section called "Top Trade Values" where Mario Odyssey, Party, Sword, and Shield are worth base 35 credit.... and 4-for still going on (presumably still in-store only) :twoguns:
Really quick question, hope I can get a fast answer: will the 20% bonus trade credit toward accessories apply to consoles too? Because if so I plan to buy a PS4 Pro from ebay tonight while its on sale for 280 and trade in my old PS4 Pro to gamestop once the new ad is up. But I don't know if the ps4 trade in value is going to tank starting tomorrow, or if the 20% trade in bonus doesn't trigger on consoles. If someone could clear this up for me that'd be great.

Really quick question, hope I can get a fast answer: will the 20% bonus trade credit toward accessories apply to consoles too? Because if so I plan to buy a PS4 Pro from ebay tonight while its on sale for 280 and trade in my old PS4 Pro to gamestop once the new ad is up. But I don't know if the ps4 trade in value is going to tank starting tomorrow, or if the 20% trade in bonus doesn't trigger on consoles. If someone could clear this up for me that'd be great.
Honestly, I doubt it. It's going to apply only to controllers / headsets, etc, as I understand the promo language.

If, for some reason you are trading in a HUGE bunch of expensive games, you can get a big discount, even free, on an expensive controller .. maybe even JoyCon's .. /shrug

Console =/= Accessory, sorry.

Honestly, I doubt it. It's going to apply only to controllers / headsets, etc, as I understand the promo language.

If, for some reason you are trading in a HUGE bunch of expensive games, you can get a big discount, even free, on an expensive controller .. maybe even JoyCon's .. /shrug

Console =/= Accessory, sorry.
I was asking if I would get a bonus 20% if I traded in my old PS4 pro towards an accessory. So rather than get 250 for the PS4 pro I would get 300. I should have found a way to clarify that better.

The bump ends on Sunday, not Saturday. “Valid through 2/9/20” means it’s valid until the end of the day on Sunday. This wording is actually very clear. The weekly ad is simply an advertisement for the current week, but it in no way indicates that it ends on any specific date. Their promotions almost always end on Sunday, so there is nothing unique about this one.

I was asking if I would get a bonus 20% if I traded in my old PS4 pro towards an accessory. So rather than get 250 for the PS4 pro I would get 300. I should have found a way to clarify that better.
In which case, I love your question!

From their own wording, it should work. Although you need to purchase one of their $49.99+ accessory items to trigger the bonus (controller, headphones, keyboard, mouse .. others?). Helluva deal if it goes though though, since you get a free expensive item. Come Sunday / Monday we'll know. Kudos.

ps - console TIV may tank. They did this before.

Not 100% sure, but usually stuff like this won't work on something like a console. Those have their own trade in promos. But also don't kill me if I'm wrong.

No, most of the +20% bonuses fine print will usually say "game trades only". I think the promo now is just 250 for the pro and seems like a good a time as any to trade in :) (The 250 for pro doesn't appear in next week's add, so I expect the pro TIV to drop on the 10th, so even if the 20% worked in the end it probably end up < 250.... )

In which case, I love your question!

From their own wording, it should work. Although you need to purchase one of their $49.99+ accessory items to trigger the bonus (controller, headphones, keyboard, mouse .. others?). Helluva deal if it goes though though, since you get a free expensive item. Come Sunday / Monday we'll know. Kudos.

Not 100% sure, but usually stuff like this won't work on something like a console. Those have their own trade in promos. But also don't kill me if I'm wrong.

No, most of the +20% bonuses fine print usually say "game trades only". I think the promo now is just 250 for the pro and seems like a good a time as any to trade in :)

Thanks for the answers ya'll, think I'm gonna sit this one out. Maybe it WILL work though and somebody will be able to take advantage of it. I've become too attached to my old PS4, plus I just opened it up and cleaned it a week ago. If it ain't broke, why replace it? :beer:

P.S. I see myself becoming ever more savvy to these types of loopholes and deals ever since I joined this forum a few months ago, so special thanks to all of the most consistent contributors here, I hope to one day be able to guide others as you have guided me.

They can. Had a GS employee mention my other pre-orders from other stores. They read 'em off perfectly.
But can they see all the cancelled pre-orders on their kiosk? :whistle2:

I can see a bunch in my app, the website doesn't differentiate between active/inactive pre-orders, and neither show the amount down.

P.S. I see myself becoming ever more savvy to these types of loopholes and deals ever since I joined this forum a few months ago, so special thanks to all of the most consistent contributors here, I hope to one day be able to guide others as you have guided me.
Indeed, welcome. Most of the excitement is settling.

February stinks for game releases anyways. Folks are going to be on a cool-down period, just as well.

I had 27,000 points in my account , just logged in I’m negative -10,000 points WTF anyone know what’s happening? No transactions on my account

Traded in my last salvo to bring me within 25 of the rolling trade in limit, and ended up having to make a few more pre-orders because apparently word got out to all the SLs in the region (some work social network they use) that they had to explain it like 1 traded in game = 1 free preorder, or at least the entire X games times 5 needed to be used. So I picked the latter option. 

This guy lead with the promo when he saw the stack of games entering the store, so no way to avoid the issue.. and I had other errands to run. Good luck to those trading in this weekend!  :twoguns:

Traded in my last salvo to bring me within 25 of the rolling trade in limit, and ended up having to make a few more pre-orders because apparently word got out to all the SLs in the region (some work social network they use) that they had to explain it like 1 traded in game = 1 free preorder, or at least the entire X games times 5 needed to be used. So I picked the latter option.

This guy lead with the promo when he saw the stack of games entering the store, so no way to avoid the issue.. and I had other errands to run. Good luck to those trading in this weekend! :twoguns:
May I ask which region? I had an SGA try to explain that to me when I had no issue trading them in in the same store just a week ago. I went to another store and they didn't seem to care at all, but it's a bit far and would be a hassle to get to.

Walk into GameStop with your games...say you wanna trade. Let the employee scan and do the work before you sign tell them to put $5 towards whatever game you want dont question the deal don’t ask “will this work” “will I still get the bump” just let the system
Do it’s thing...the system will automatically bump all the games. Put the rest on a trade card

That’s it. If they tell you anything else grab your games and walk out. It’s ridiculous to think they want you to preorder a game for every game you trade in.

I had 27,000 points in my account , just logged in I’m negative -10,000 points WTF anyone know what’s happening? No transactions on my account
Some of my points disappeared, and when they returned, I had about 700 more. I'm considering cashing out for a $10 reward just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back