2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, without the Pro 10% OR cag16 working, it's a struggle to even feign interest in this B2G1... Couple that with a bunch of the games I'm looking for not being available online (and there's nothing decent available for pickup locally besides the same ol' stuff) - I can't even find 3 $20-ish titles worth picking up right now, even with credit.

It's almost like this deal is just not that good a deal anymore, after all their "changes/revisions/downgrades" to Pro and the website??? Sad times indeed.

Man, without the Pro 10% OR cag16 working, it's a struggle to even feign interest in this B2G1... Couple that with a bunch of the games I'm looking for not being available online (and there's nothing decent available for pickup locally besides the same ol' stuff) - I can't even find 3 $20-ish titles worth picking up right now, even with credit.

It's almost like this deal is just not that good a deal anymore, after all their "changes/revisions/downgrades" to Pro and the website??? Sad times indeed.
Not almost...just not a good deal anymore :(

I was annoyed by being $0.03 short of the free shipping threshold and without a good filler.  Threw on a pair of blue joycons and will just return them if they're cesspool'd.

This list comes straight from the GameStop bags that are sitting in my video game playing area at home.

Indivisible (PS4 and XB1)
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 (XB1)
Mutant Road to Eden: Deluxe Edition (XB1)
Reel Fishing (PS4)
Sparklite (PS4 and XB1)
The Sinking City (PS4 and XB1)
Warhammer: Chaosbane (PS4 and XB1)
You're the best thank you!

What does it mean if inventory says in stock new online when stuff is converted? I wanted to get some of these as b2g1.

What's the best way to contact them for this issue? Also who pays shipping?
Through customer service they're supposed to send you a prepaid shipping label (unless that's changed).

Figured I'd use this deal to help round out some 3ds games for my collection. Tales of the Abyss, Devil Survivor 2, and DQ7 for $43 shipped after tax. Not amazing but that works for me

I usually use these sales to swap credit for vintage games which I then make money on, but their prices on most of these games are so goddamn insane I can't believe they're listing them with a straight face. It'd have to be a buy one get two free just to get the prices inline with what the games actually sell for in the real world- let alone be able to make a buck on top of it. $90 Conker's Bad Fur Day, $80 Smash Bros, $75 Mario Party 3, gtfo!

Ordered Xbox One Media Remote (x2) and Xbox One Lunar White Controller - Only at GameStop (x2). Hopefully one of each will be worth keeping. Would be nice if the media remotes are compatible with the next Xbox but I doubt it.

You're the best thank you!

What does it mean if inventory says in stock new online when stuff is converted? I wanted to get some of these as b2g1.
I don't buy online, but there are some other converted games that I found when I went to the store earlier. And if the games are $9.99 or less, it would make more sense to do the buy 4 games for $20 than it does to do the buy 2, get 1 free. $5 per game is a good deal for some of these.

The buy 4 used games for $20 and the buy 4 used games for $10 sales are still going. The buy 2, get 1 free is also going simultaneously.

Here are my two hauls from this morning:

Store 1 - buy 4 for $20

Dead Rising 4 (XB1)

Project Highrise: Architect's Edition (PS4)

The Fisherman: Fishing Planet (PS4)

Trine 4 (XB1)

Store 2 - buy 4 for $10

Hometown Story (3DS)

Lego City Undercover (Wii U)

The Division 2 (PS4)

The Division 2 (XB1)

Project Highrise, The Fisherman, and Trine 4 had all been converted to used from new. I went ahead and added a GPG to Dead Rising just to help the employee at the first store because he never wastes my time with the required GameStop sales pitches.

At $2.50 each, it's cheaper to buy The Division 2 on disc than it is to buy the digital copies for $3 on PSN or Xbox Live.

Next week's Top Trades.

JfOPNqN.jpg

Does anyone dare buy preowned Joy-cons for $40? I would imagine they’re a cesspool of worn out and drifting Cons...
Nintendo will fix drifting joy cons for free if you don’t mind sending them in. I buy them on eBay by the dozen. They don’t care.
I picked up a couple to change out shells to clear ones. Definitely glad I don't have to spend $70 to do that. I'll be sure to test for drift before I start the process.

Are there any good apps out there that I can use to search what games are already in my library / Game Pass / PS Now when used game shopping?  A few times now I have gotten home after finding a "great deal" only to realize I purchased a duplicate or something in one of the services I subscribe to.  I would really like to stop being such an idiot..

Even the store manager here was confused by the $5 monthly promo. I did a 4/$20 deal today and she asked if I wanted to use it towards the deal. She went ahead and check before finalizing the transaction but it didn't apply.

I couldn't find anything I wanted to use the coupon on so I went ahead and used it on a $10 PSN card, which turned out fine.

Gamestop's new policy is to butcher the TIVs of games that they had for Top Trade ins, the next week. Mario Odyssey, Mario Party, Pokemon Sword and Shield dropped to $20 base TIV. They should go back up eventually, but I was just pointing out what they were doing now.

I just tried to Pre-order the deluxe version of avengers on ps4 but my receipt said bundle edition... Does anyone know what I just pre ordered? It was $90 instead of $80? He said he didn't see a "deluxe" so what did I buy?? Standard edition and season pass? Standard edition and action figure like the jedi bundle?

I just tried to Pre-order the deluxe version of avengers on ps4 but my receipt said bundle edition... Does anyone know what I just pre ordered? It was $90 instead of $80? He said he didn't see a "deluxe" so what did I buy?? Standard edition and season pass? Standard edition and action figure like the jedi bundle?
He lied to you. The deluxe edition is $79. You ordered the duped edition. He probably tossed in a Flunko Pop.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/games/products/marvels-avengers-deluxe-edition/11100491.html

I picked up a couple to change out shells to clear ones. Definitely glad I don't have to spend $70 to do that. I'll be sure to test for drift before I start the process.
Even if you swapped shells and developed drift later on, Nintendo will still fix it.

I sent my swapped shell joycons in this past week and got it back fixed and drift free. Mailed it out Wed and got it back that same Sat.

The GA said, nope, look, this coupon will take $5 off the highest value item, because it's a monthly cert.
Naturally, I can only say it worked in this circumstance.
Just as a clarification, all certificates work like this. They apply only to the highest value item they are valid for, and will not interfere with sales/deals of a lower value.

This register logic also means you cannot apply two different value certificates to two different items in the same transaction, even if one certificate will cause another item to be the more expensive one.

So I recently moved and found 2 extra Wii Sports that I have for some reason. They are pretty scratched up though. Will Gamestop still take them?  The credit was $10 last I checked.

Gamestop's new policy is to butcher the TIVs of games that they had for Top Trade ins, the next week. Mario Odyssey, Mario Party, Pokemon Sword and Shield dropped to $20 base TIV. They should go back up eventually, but I was just pointing out what they were doing now.
Yea, that is lame. We'll see how long they take to recover...

One of the more trafficked stores near be seemed to have 90% turnover recently (didn't recognize anyone on a weekend) and this particular associate auto-rung-up GPGs with a B2G1 without asking. Like super fast, like trying to time in .5 seconds before I swiped! :dunce:

Anyone able to confirm is the 4/$10 and 4/$20 are still going on in store? Any idea of when it ends?

Also - do GS employees give you a hard time if you try to use a $5 off preowned coupon on a $4.99 game?

Lastly - I can confirm that the $5 monthly PUR coupon indeed WORKS on Xbox one and psn cards (it keeps getting asked)

Yea, that is lame. We'll see how long they take to recover...

One of the more trafficked stores near be seemed to have 90% turnover recently (didn't recognize anyone on a weekend) and this particular associate auto-rung-up GPGs with a B2G1 without asking. Like super fast, like trying to time in .5 seconds before I swiped! :dunce:
What did they say when you called them on their BS?

In other words, GS is trying to close loopholes so they can stay in business. How dare they!?

This is what they should always have been doing. Flippers are customers GS is far better off without.

Close the loopholes, manage the TIVs better (e.g., drop the ones when you have too much inventory), and otherwise get rid of predatory customers.

In other words, GS is trying to close loopholes so they can stay in business. How dare they!?

This is what they should always have been doing. Flippers are customers GS is far better off without.

Close the loopholes, manage the TIVs better (e.g., drop the ones when you have too much inventory), and otherwise get rid of predatory customers.
That's not a loophole though. They raise the values, get more games, then drop the value to avoid getting excess inventory. Not sure how that hurts flippers.

Anyone able to confirm is the 4/$10 and 4/$20 are still going on in store? Any idea of when it ends?

Also - do GS employees give you a hard time if you try to use a $5 off preowned coupon on a $4.99 game?

Lastly - I can confirm that the $5 monthly PUR coupon indeed WORKS on Xbox one and psn cards (it keeps getting asked)
4 for $10 and 4 for $20 are still on-going. According to the Weekly Promo sheet.. they currently have no end date. But Gamestop reserves the right to end a promotion at any point in time.

I've never had an issue using a $5 certificate on a $4.99 game.

What did they say when you called them on their BS?
Nothing, no point to make a scene with a new employee. They play their games I play mine ;)
4 for $10 and 4 for $20 are still on-going. According to the Weekly Promo sheet.. they currently have no end date. But Gamestop reserves the right to end a promotion at any point in time.

I've never had an issue using a $5 certificate on a $4.99 game.
Having B2G1 and 4/$10 on the same transaction correctly reduced the price of the correct games from 54.99 to 0 and 4.99 to 2.5. I was surprised!

I finally got a response from CS saying that they will cancel my membership and send me a refund check.  Here's hoping I actually get it and that it's for at least close to what the remaining value of my membership is.

With the sale of $100 off Xbox One X they have the list price as $329 yet the "sale" price is $249.  Anyone think it would be possible to get a price adjustment? 

Your chances are close to zero.  Please don't clog the customer service line.  Please don't encourage people to try to call on your slickdeals post.  It's painful enough for people to call in with real problems.

Your chances are close to zero. Please don't clog the customer service line. Please don't encourage people to try to call on your slickdeals post. It's painful enough for people to call in with real problems.
Why are you white knighting for GameStop customer service? Maybe they should not post fuzzy math deals if they don't want people asking questions? So nobody should ask about the details of a sale because you may need to call customer service at some point today?? I'm not trying to be rude, but come on, don't tell people they should not advocate for themselves to get a better deal.

Not really. The question was akin to a B2G1 sale going on and the customer going, "That means I can buy these 2 $10 games and get a $50 game for free?" You know it's happened.

I don't know where he's looking, but the ad shows the math cleanly. The website doesn't seem to mention $100 off at all, so I'm not sure why there is always so much confusion in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back