2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious as to what peoples experiences are when one of their free items from Buy 2 Get 2 Free promotions gets canceled, just had one of mine happen.

Curious as to what peoples experiences are when one of their free items from Buy 2 Get 2 Free promotions gets canceled, just had one of mine happen.
1. call cs, ask for a replacement for another game same price.

2. wait for same game to be back in stock, call cs ask for replacement for same game

I think my order glitched. Some items are shipping but the entire order still shows up as "Order Received" instead of "Preparing for Shipment" or "Shipped". Is this happening to anyone else? 

I've started calling a store ahead of placing an online store-pickup order to confirm that the game is physically in stock.  After another enlightening chat this weekend with a rep from their phone customer service, I'd rather chew glass before doing that again.

The 20% trade boost towards the pre-order didn't work automatically at my store today, tried multiple games shown in the ad and none of them worked. Associate called their technical support who wasn't helpful. The print ad in stores does indeed show the promo if there is any doubt.

Thankfully they forced the system to give the correct credit anyways, but it was a tedious process for everybody involved. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Preorder bonus not working at my store either, and they refused to manually adjust. Apparently their SL told them it starts tomorrow. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the Astral Chain TIV holds then, but not at all confident. Blargh.

Values usually hold through Monday over a sb weekend.  After all, they sent out emails to everyone stating, "Here are your top trade values guaranteed through 2/24/2020."

Looks like I'm waiting to tomorrow to trade, hoping they fix their promo.

Values usually hold through Monday over a sb weekend. After all, they sent out emails to everyone stating, "Here are your top trade values guaranteed through 2/24/2020."

Looks like I'm waiting to tomorrow to trade, hoping they fix their promo.
To be fair the weekly ad also clearly states the offers are valid starting the 23rd but that doesn’t seem to be true for the trade promo.

Would I expect values to drop from today to tomorrow? Not necessarily, but GameStop works in mysterious ways...

I think my order glitched. Some items are shipping but the entire order still shows up as "Order Received" instead of "Preparing for Shipment" or "Shipped". Is this happening to anyone else?
Same issues here. I've got plenty of e-mails stating this and that shipped but everything still shows order received on my end. It only shows canceled if the item has been canceled but anything else no updates from order received.

You can try to call, but might be best to just count your losses and return the games. Hopefully you get them in time with the promo still going and you can just return and rebuy to get that extra game for free. GameStop inventory records are trash, they've cancelled so many of my orders. Sometimes you get screwed and the free game is cancelled, but I've had times where a paid one is cancelled and it's B1G1 or B1G2. Which is just a crazy flaw in their system and it's amazing they haven't realized that. They are giving away games for free because of their own ignorance.

Same issues here. I've got plenty of e-mails stating this and that shipped but everything still shows order received on my end. It only shows canceled if the item has been canceled but anything else no updates from order received.
Same, I got emails stating everything is “shipping” but status in account still order received.

Hope all the cag16 orders don’t get cancelled!

FWIW, just got an email about the new weekly ad. The trade promo has an asterisk and the fine print does say it starts on 2/24.
Thanks, hope this is what happens. Needed the extra day anyway to finish up Fire Emblem: 3 Houses dlc before trading in my cart tomorrow.

Every time I have tried to checkout, I get an error saying payment is declined and to try another. I have tried using trade credit (different cards) and/or a credit card, but nothing has worked. I remember seeing others complain of the same issue months ago, but never saw if/how people got it resolved. I know GS customer service is terrible, but does anyone know if calling them for this issue get it fixed? Can GS ban individual tc cards? I don’t want to make matters worse and somehow get my account banned (if it isn’t already as I don’t know what this error indicates). Last time I made a successful purchase was 1 order in late December. I used trade credit for that. Any help/info to get this problem resolved is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Apparently I wasn't the first person into my store to ask about the 20% bonus and they just credited me the difference.

Every time I have tried to checkout, I get an error saying payment is declined and to try another. I have tried using trade credit (different cards) and/or a credit card, but nothing has worked. I remember seeing others complain of the same issue months ago, but never saw if/how people got it resolved. I know GS customer service is terrible, but does anyone know if calling them for this issue get it fixed? Can GS ban individual tc cards? I don’t want to make matters worse and somehow get my account banned (if it isn’t already as I don’t know what this error indicates). Last time I made a successful purchase was 1 order in late December. I used trade credit for that. Any help/info to get this problem resolved is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
This happened to me some months ago (November maybe? it wouldn't let me check out using only trade credit) and it turned out that I had to use credit card for at least part of the total amount and then it went through but it sounds like you have tried that already.

Glad I'm not the only one with the "Order received" error. The site seems to be having even more issues than usual lately, which I honestly didn't think could be possible. 

Every time I have tried to checkout, I get an error saying payment is declined and to try another. I have tried using trade credit (different cards) and/or a credit card, but nothing has worked. I remember seeing others complain of the same issue months ago, but never saw if/how people got it resolved. I know GS customer service is terrible, but does anyone know if calling them for this issue get it fixed? Can GS ban individual tc cards? I don’t want to make matters worse and somehow get my account banned (if it isn’t already as I don’t know what this error indicates). Last time I made a successful purchase was 1 order in late December. I used trade credit for that. Any help/info to get this problem resolved is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
It's been a problem for a good while now, I suppose since the website downgrade happened last year.

The only workaround I know about is to make a list of all the separate orders you want, then just go to a physical GS location and have them place the online order for you. Payment consists of just swiping your PUR / gift card. The order will be visible from your GSO account.

The only downside to this is that online certs or promotion codes, including CAG16, can't be applied using this method. Or at least so I was told by my local SL.

If you are determined to use CAG16 (not this week), I've had luck placing a trade credit order early in the morning, presumably after a server reset / site update (?). Found one morning when it worked, but by afternoon it was broken again. GSO is trash, as others said.

Thanks
I've had luck with the app when the website isn't working, so that might be a potential solution.

Any good trade in opps?
Not flips but some of the Switch game TIVs are at what seems to be close to a maximum these days. With the 30% bonus for pro + trade towards a pre-order the following are at 45.50 (35 base) trade credit as of 2/23:

Kirby Star Allies

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

Zelda Link's Awakening

Astral Chain (Highest TIV I have seen for this game in months)

There might be more but that's all I have seen.

Guess we're all going to have to try and get in on CAG16 early online each week going forward. I do like the perma 4/$10 and 4/$20 in-store... Now if only they would prema-add:

3/$25 ($15 and under) 
3/$35 ($20 and under)
3/$45 ($25 and under)
:grouphug:

Guess we're all going to have to try and get in on CAG16 early online each week going forward. I do like the perma 4/$10 and 4/$20 in-store... Now if only they would prema-add:

3/$25 ($15 and under)
3/$35 ($20 and under)
3/$45 ($25 and under
Your math might be a little off from the current promos, my dude, but I wish the same.

Everyone on here bragging about how they have 2 million points. Too bad you'll never be as cool as me.[attachment=33677:Screenshot_20200223-203908.png]

Went to GS today and traded in FarCry New Dawn that I snagged from RedBox a while back.  The 30% promo did not trigger even though I was applying a $5 pre-order to one of the games shown in the flyer advert they had in store.  The manager manually entered /overrode the register for me which was nice. I hope this was just due to a starting day mixup mentioned earlier.  With the 30% it got me $17.16 which was great being that I paid $7.99 for it. 

I also picked up a $10 Xbox gift card using the $5 monthly cert, so I can vouch for the fact that that still works.

Your math might be a little off from the current promos, my dude, but I wish the same.
I did the math to make is close in $5 increments and leaned towards a more conservative discount so GS can have some margin. Plus they have run 3/$25 in the past so I kept with 3 going up. A man can dream! :dunce:

It looks like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX will probably be a G2L title. If you go to the trade offers page (https://www.gamestop.com/trade/) and click on "More Details" for the 20% bonus for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX, it shows the terms for a G2L game instead of the standard terms and conditions. 

It shows this when you click on "More Details": 

Offer expires 3/8/20. Offer valid only on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

I'm almost certain that Mystery Dungeon DX is a G2L game because this wording matches G2L games in the past. Notice that the terms are different when you click on the other games. 

My packages showing as “order received” status in my account have mostly been picked up according to UPS, so looks like cag16 orders with b2g2 all good :)

Couldn't get the $10 used PUR to redeem this morning.

Remind me again..can you or can't you use two PUR same amount denominations on one purchase (e.g. using two $5 off used on one game).

G2L games are used to convert points into trade credit. You can also take advantage of the 20% trade bonus without worrying about committing/cancelling a pre-order if the employee makes you use the full trade value.
One consideration is that G2L doesn't give back your sales tax, so it may become significantly less appealing if you have high tax.

Couldn't get the $10 used PUR to redeem this morning.

Remind me again..can you or can't you use two PUR same amount denominations on one purchase (e.g. using two $5 off used on one game).
You can't, with the exception that I've seen the regular 5 dollar off work with the monthly 5 dollar off according to reports on here. Probably because the system sees them as two different coupons if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back