2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I typed up some more stuff, but it really doesn't matter, does it. If Gamestop closes even one store fewer than the number predicted people will be saying that Camelot was wrong.

The evidence is out there, and it's extremely titled to the side of him having a fairly reliable source that has been quite accurate so far. Watch it all for yourself and draw your own conclusions. I'm watching assuming that Phase 3 is playing out right now and than more closures are to come after this. His source has earned my trust.

Instead of arguing about whether or not Camelot was right about the closings, we should be arguing about how annoying his accent is.

Noticed in the upcoming weekly ad they added PUR Rewards Cash as a preorder bonus for Persona 5 Royal. Here's what I found on the item page.

PUR Members who purchase Persona 5 Royal at GameStop are eligible for up to $10 Rewards Cash!
PowerUp Rewards Members who purchase Persona 5 Royal at GameStop are eligible for up to $10 Rewards Cash!
*While Supplies Last. Not valid on Pre-Own or digital. *** PowerUp Rewards Pro Members are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash and Player Members are eligible for $5 Rewards Cash when you purchase Persona 5 Royal by 4/6/20. Coupon will be delivered to member’s Active Offers within 7 business days of purchase. Rewards Cash valid until 4/20. Limit one per customer
Online/Store Customers: Coupons will be delivered to member's Active Offers within 7 business days of purchase.
Where is this ad you speak of?

Rune Factory 4 Special isn't showing up on the website. Are they not getting it at all? I know it's a bit of a niche title but it's also a pretty popular one for them to just decide not to carry.

When does Gamestop's tradein special typically change?

Just wondering what the odds of them giving bonus for trading in consoles is.  I am interested in trading in my launch Switch and getting the new one with the longer battery life, but if I do that, I want to do it with the least possible out of my pocket lol.  Right now they only give $175 for it so that is $125 out of my pocket, and at that rate, I  might as well just buy a battery pack from Amazon for like $30.

When does Gamestop's tradein special typically change?

Just wondering what the odds of them giving bonus for trading in consoles is. I am interested in trading in my launch Switch and getting the new one with the longer battery life, but if I do that, I want to do it with the least possible out of my pocket lol. Right now they only give $175 for it so that is $125 out of my pocket, and at that rate, I might as well just buy a battery pack from Amazon for like $30.
I think you missed the boat. Folks were trading in original Switch models and only paying $25 to upgrade back in August.

Dollar General has a Leap Day digital coupon that is good for today only (2/29/2020) for 15% off GameStop, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Applebee's, IHOP, and Domino's gift cards.

You have to set up a Dollar General store rewards account and add the coupon to your account.  Then, they ask you to key in your phone number at the register to apply the coupon.

https://dg.coupons.com/coupons/

The store next to my job was out of PlayStation Network cards, so I bought a $25 Xbox Live card for $21.25 instead.

For stores closing at the end of March, are we thinking that each level of discounts will last about a week? I'm surprised it is going so quickly, since the 2 near me just found out they were closing about 3 days ago.

Can you still buy a $50 Xbox gift card with trade credit? Not sure if anyone tried this year, with all the changes. TIA

Any word on stores in the Bay Area closing this round? Like East Bay area?
None in the Tri-Valley from the information I've collected, at least not this round, though the San Ramon one did get ousted towards the start of this.

I bought 4/$20 today but the store I went to didn’t have my top choices. Can I go to another store and do a return rebuy? I assume it has to be within 7 days

This company is so terrible.  I had a complete B2G1 order cancelled that I used a gift card on.  I can check the balance of it online and it says insufficient funds aka $0.00.  I called customer service to have the funds put back on.  They said they are having issues with gift card balances but on their end they see there is $37.xx and to go to a store if I want to use it.  Went to a store and had them check the balance.  It has $37.xx on it.  Tried to use it to purchase a couple games.  States insufficient funds when I try to it.  Now to call customer service again. 

This company is so terrible. I had a complete B2G1 order cancelled that I used a gift card on. I can check the balance of it online and it says insufficient funds aka $0.00. I called customer service to have the funds put back on. They said they are having issues with gift card balances but on their end they see there is $37.xx and to go to a store if I want to use it. Went to a store and had them check the balance. It has $37.xx on it. Tried to use it to purchase a couple games. States insufficient funds when I try to it. Now to call customer service again.
If that's the case, then there is currently a hold on the card. Ask them to remove the hold on the card and that should resolve the issue.

Similar gc problems here.  Spent several painful calls last weekend trying to get an issue resolved over a missing game in a shipment.  Was told the refund would take 7-10 days.  

Actually received a plysical gc in the mail today.  0 balance on it.   :roll:

So here's a new one (at least for me, been gone for a couple months). Got trade banned in Jan despite not going over any limits or pissing anyone off. Went to use my $5 today and tried trading on a whim and had it go through. Then went to another store down the road to add a trade to a preorder and it says 'exceeded the trade limit'. So different result at two different stores, same day, same district, within minutes of each other, which I've never heard of before. Is this new or wtf?

So here's a new one (at least for me, been gone for a couple months). Got trade banned in Jan despite not going over any limits or pissing anyone off. Went to use my $5 today and tried trading on a whim and had it go through. Then went to another store down the road to add a trade to a preorder and it says 'exceeded the trade limit'. So different result at two different stores, same day, same district, within minutes of each other, which I've never heard of before. Is this new or wtf?
I would test it again on a different day. It's possible that there is a glitch in the system in your district. There have been problems with the POS lately.

It's why I advise people not to be cheap on big sales, where the profits are great. Give your GA/SGA/SL some GPG's. If you got trade banned under $2K, it's because you got an evil eye from someone. Employees get written up for not having a good percentage of GPG's, so when you ruin their day, they ruin yours.

The same person(s) likely turned you in again (unless it's just a POS glitch). Employee's are on chat channels with other stores, so they communicate faster than you can travel. ... or the DL has you on a watch-list. Who knows, but apparently, JD's marked you (or the system on the 2nd store isn't updating [less likely]).

Initial Store Closing list updated, but seems to be missing a few mentioned in this thread I think

http://gsclosing.blogspot.com/

For the lazy:

uBVZxmT.jpg

I only use trade credit  as well and only email CS for issues. Sure, they sometimes take 2 weeks to reply, but I've always gotten everything resolved. 

Is there an optimal time to visit a closing store? One of those is about an hour from me. Is there a way to watch the inventory and prices?

I bought 4/$20 today but the store I went to didn’t have my top choices. Can I go to another store and do a return rebuy? I assume it has to be within 7 days
Yes. They never have anything in stock anymore so Ive had to keep going to other stores to do this. I hope they add a new sale for higher priced games. Only thing left by me are old sports games.

Thought I was banned from my local store. Commented on the forum how I could no longer pick-up or make purchases at the store using the website or app.

Decided to go there today to check it out. The store was gone. Not even the GameStop sign remained. It was cleared out, completely empty besides some construction equipment being installed for a new shop.

This all happened within a week or less, as I just shopped there last week.... Went to my next closest store (my new go-to), and apparently it could be getting worse with closings (as some may be sudden, with no sale prices, no announcement of closing, and no job security for those employed there. I really liked those guys).

Long story short, add Lititz, PA to the already closed store list. RIP. At least there are a few in Lancaster, PA still open. 🙏🏼

Looking forward to that new $5 coupon for March. Hope it will be available on my account in the morning.
My March coupon appeared in my active offers in the GameStop app a couple hours ago. Not sure if this is the same for everyone, but it appears they have started sending them out. Fingers crossed but you should have yours by morning fo sho

My March coupon appeared in my active offers in the GameStop app a couple hours ago. Not sure if this is the same for everyone, but it appears they have started sending them out. Fingers crossed but you should have yours by morning fo sho
Same got mine too

Thanks. I need to buy a $10 PSN card, and I don't want to pay the whole amount. So that works.

The Division 2 is $12 base now for PS4 and Xbone.
This is .. hilarious. I still have 6 copies of both XB1/PS4 from various 4/10 filler I guess I can trade back slowly. And considering Red Dead 2 is valued lower :shock:

Really regret not buying all the Division 2 I could find. I knew their prices would rebound along with TIV. $12 right now.  

Good thing I held off sending 3 to best buy. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back