2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who straight up bought 4 copies for $10? What exactly was the GS strategy here?
Lol... me? I'm sure most CAGs that saw even back then Division 2 had TIV of 3.3, so once the promo was over it was probably going to rebound or at least stay > $2 for the next +5 promo... just didn't think it would be this high. Probably because they decided to make the base pre-owned cost like $35... typical GS!

Lol... me? I'm sure most CAGs that saw even back then Division 2 had TIV of 3.3, so once the promo was over it was probably going to rebound or at least stay > $2 for the next +5 promo... just didn't think it would be this high. Probably because they decided to make the base pre-owned cost like $35... typical GS!
Most CAGs nowaday need their hand held through this thread.

It was 29.99 before the price drop. $35 is absurd.

Thought I was banned from my local store. Commented on the forum how I could no longer pick-up or make purchases at the store using the website or app.

Decided to go there today to check it out. The store was gone. Not even the GameStop sign remained. It was cleared out, completely empty besides some construction equipment being installed for a new shop.

This all happened within a week or less, as I just shopped there last week.... Went to my next closest store (my new go-to), and apparently it could be getting worse with closings (as some may be sudden, with no sale prices, no announcement of closing, and no job security for those employed there. I really liked those guys).

Long story short, add Lititz, PA to the already closed store list. RIP. At least there are a few in Lancaster, PA still open.
Shoot Lititz Gamestop closed? I've been out of the country for a few months but that was always been my go-to. Are all the ones in Lancaster still open or did they close down as well?

Hey when was the last stealth bump and when do you guys think the next one is?
Believe that is what last week, and not sure on when the next one will occur. There is a specific date for the date for the stealth bump search code but it probably won’t show any results until closer to said date. Most likely a bump will happen either the third or last weekend of the month. MWT022020

I’m guessing the trade in deals of the week aren’t active yet for some reason? Astral Chain is only showing $22 with Pro, on both the app and the website. Will it update tomorrow? Is that how this usually goes? Would like to unload it today with Division 2 before they get flooded with copies...

I’m guessing the trade in deals of the week aren’t active yet for some reason? Astral Chain is only showing $22 with Pro, on both the app and the website. Will it update tomorrow? Is that how this usually goes? Would like to unload it today with Division 2 before they get flooded with copies...
Same with NFS Heat. The other switch games are active however...

Yeah, my guess would be that the current Division 2 trade value can't last long. They are gonna get a ton of people bringing them back in.

Most CAGs nowaday need their hand held through this thread.

It was 29.99 before the price drop. $35 is absurd.
I think I've figured out GameStop's stupid logic. Or have another opinion about what happened.

The Division 2 sold so many copies when it was under $5 that GameStop assumed that the game was in high demand which is why the trade value went up so quickly. Kind of how they overprice preowned copies of games aimed at kids not because those games are rare but because they assume that parents are willing to pay more money for a game that features characters from a cartoon.

Typical GameStop. But an opportunity to exploit.

I think I've figured out GameStop's stupid logic. Or have another opinion about what happened.

The Division 2 sold so many copies when it was under $5 that GameStop assumed that the game was in high demand which is why the trade value went up so quickly. Kind of how they overprice preowned copies of games aimed at kids not because those games are rare but because they assume that parents are willing to pay more money for a game that features characters from a cartoon.

Typical GameStop. But an opportunity to exploit.
I do wish the GS around me were not 30-40 min apart so I could more easily take advantage of situations like this..

Astral Chain is the only one of those Switch games that appears to not have updated properly. I am seeing the others in the ad correctly at 35 in the app.

I went to the Gamestop in Hazleton, PA at the Laurel Mall that is closing. 20% off games which wasn't terrible but 10% off controllers. Like seriously, 10% off retail for controllers.

I was hoping to grab a cheapish Dualshock 4 because mine took a crap on me but they wanted 10% off 64.99 when Amazon has it for $42 new.

Ah well, win some lose some.

Went to mine this morning to pick up my Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection pre-order, since they finally got it in Friday.  Apparently stores have only been get in enough copies of certain games to fulfill pre-orders, which would explain why mine was the gutted display copy(last copy the store had). 

Employee was mentioning that 1 or 2 stores in the district are closing, but wasn't sure which ones(but thinks it's the mall locations).  Also mentioned that apparently stores not getting restocked with copies of older titles(like Modern Warfare), so what the stores have on hand is all they're getting right now.   Sure sounds like GS is starting to go through a cash crunch at the moment .

Gamestop you guys want to make money but do dumb shit left and right...   Went into a store this morning looking for 4 games under $9.99 for the deal seeing online it said all were in stock...

This store decided to make its own bundle of 4/$20 games and every game I wanted was in a different bundle... I went to pull it apart and the guy came running over and was like please keep the bundles intact ..   Um you put some rubber bands around something and a hand written tag and wont let me make my own... now you expect me to buy a bundle with 3 games I didnt want to get that one... So I would of spent $80 to get the 4 games I wanted seeing they were all in different bundles...

Left without spending anything......     Whoever on the store level thought this was a good idea was an idiot 

Gamestop you guys want to make money but do dumb shit left and right... Went into a store this morning looking for 4 games under $9.99 for the deal seeing online it said all were in stock...

This store decided to make its own bundle of 4/$20 games and every game I wanted was in a different bundle... I went to pull it apart and the guy came running over and was like please keep the bundles intact .. Um you put some rubber bands around something and a hand written tag and wont let me make my own... now you expect me to buy a bundle with 3 games I didnt want to get that one... So I would of spent $80 to get the 4 games I wanted seeing they were all in different bundles...

Left without spending anything...... Whoever on the store level thought this was a good idea was an idiot
I really hope that pre-made 4 for $20 bundle isn't at every store. That's enough reason for me to not waste my time going to Gamestop.

Too bad DOTD are online only... Fallout 76 is more justifiable as part of the 4/20 deal...

Gamestop you guys want to make money but do dumb shit left and right... Went into a store this morning looking for 4 games under $9.99 for the deal seeing online it said all were in stock...

This store decided to make its own bundle of 4/$20 games and every game I wanted was in a different bundle... I went to pull it apart and the guy came running over and was like please keep the bundles intact .. Um you put some rubber bands around something and a hand written tag and wont let me make my own... now you expect me to buy a bundle with 3 games I didnt want to get that one... So I would of spent $80 to get the 4 games I wanted seeing they were all in different bundles...

Left without spending anything...... Whoever on the store level thought this was a good idea was an idiot
Im guessing the one you didn't want was a sports or movie tie-in game?

I really hope that pre-made 4 for $20 bundle isn't at every store. That's enough reason for me to not waste my time going to Gamestop.
Didn't happen at the store I went to this morning. That just sounds a SL or DL trying pull a sort of "blind box" of the 4 for $20 games to boost sales. Which is just going to piss off potential customers wanting to pick their own games or even just wanting to spend $10 on 1 of those games. Especially if they try to throw in 2-3 sports games in each bundle.

Too bad DOTD are online only... Fallout 76 is more justifiable as part of the 4/20 deal...

Im guessing the one you didn't want was a sports or movie tie-in game?
Example, Wanted Assassins Creed Origins, was bundled with a sports game or two and then something like Battlefield Hardline... Or to be slick they bundled in some $4.99 games so to making the 4/$20 bundle less value to the customer but of course more for them... Every other bundle had a copy of Shadow of war in it, BF Hardline, and sport titles...

Example, Wanted Assassins Creed Origins, was bundled with a sports game or two and then something like Battlefield Hardline... Or to be slick they bundled in some $4.99 games so to making the 4/$20 bundle less value to the customer but of course more for them... Every other bundle had a copy of Shadow of war in it, BF Hardline, and sport titles...
That just sounds like a scummy way of the store trying to clear out a ton of copies of certain games no one is buying.

Ok can now say this may be a nation wide thing... Im in Wisconsin and saw this bundle crap and now my Friend in Baltimore showed me a picture of the same thing...

Just traded Division 2 in and the employees were shocked by the $12 base. They were all like “Aren’t we selling this for $5?” The store still had all of the Tax Sale promo stuff up 😂 threw $10 on Animal Crossing and it boosted Division over $15.

Ok can now say this may be a nation wide thing... Im in Wisconsin and saw this bundle crap and now my Friend in Baltimore showed me a picture of the same thing...
You're probably the only one unable to pull the games you want. Next time tell them the game you want to buy, they'll look it up and pull it from the drawer. Pull the case from the shelves if it was disc- only

Just traded Division 2 in and the employees were shocked by the $12 base. They were all like “Aren’t we selling this for $5?” The store still had all of the Tax Sale promo stuff up threw $10 on Animal Crossing and it boosted Division over $15.
I nearly went over the 4 copy trade limit. I forgot I traded 2 before the price drop on 2/9.

I'm up in Northern New England and they are doing the same thing here. Although they are okay with you grabbing a game out if you need it. It seems like a real dick move to not let you get a game if the only one is in the pre-made bundle..

I don't mind if they bundle games because customers often misread promotions, but they should still let you choose specific games if you ask. It's likely a company wide policy that was miscommunicated to some employees. 

Rune Factory 4 Special isn't showing up on the website. Are they not getting it at all? I know it's a bit of a niche title but it's also a pretty popular one for them to just decide not to carry.
Base Game already seems to be sold out at Best Buy. I’m sure they will make an other run and GameStop will carry it.

What can you purchase Gift Card wise with PUR points through the certificates in-store? IE is it possible to buy a Kindle/Amazon GC or or can you only get gaming related stuff like PSN/Xbox/Switch etc? Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked before, but for some reason it is really hard to use the search function on this site.

Also, I spent all of January complaining about never getting my $5 PUR Pro coupon....so naturally I went through all of February and forgot to redeem the coupon....

What can you purchase Gift Card wise with PUR points through the certificates in-store? IE is it possible to buy a Kindle/Amazon GC or or can you only get gaming related stuff like PSN/Xbox/Switch etc? Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked before, but for some reason it is really hard to use the search function on this site.

Also, I spent all of January complaining about never getting my $5 PUR Pro coupon....so naturally I went through all of February and forgot to redeem the coupon....
I believe that as of February 1st you can no longer get Amazon gift cards with the PUR certificates. You can still get PSN/Xbox/eShop cards.

For any Phoenix CAGs, the only store closing this round (that my store knew of) is 83rd Ave and Union Hills. It's off to the side of Walmart, and was too close to the Arrowhead mall store and the store on the other side of the mall.

I'm up in Northern New England and they are doing the same thing here. Although they are okay with you grabbing a game out if you need it. It seems like a real dick move to not let you get a game if the only one is in the pre-made bundle..
I was in a couple of stores in WV and KY yesterday and there were no bundles put together. I would think putting the 4/$ games displayed together makes the most sense, pick any 4 for $ in this bin type of deal. To me it's pain trying to find games that qualify out of the general population.

I am still new and dumb so please forgive me if this seems obvious..  Does trading a PS4 and Xbox copy of the same game count as two different games being that it is technically a different SKU?  So could I trade both at the same time and 4 of each in 90 days?

Does the animal crossing switch get the 20% trade in bonus?
it doesnt include the game, so i highly doubt it. in the past consoles with the game included didnt even get the bonus.

anybody get $25 for need for speed yesterday? TIV still isnt updated on the site.

I am still new and dumb so please forgive me if this seems obvious.. Does trading a PS4 and Xbox copy of the same game count as two different games being that it is technically a different SKU? So could I trade both at the same time and 4 of each in 90 days?
And you had the nerve to criticize someone for doing this? Lazy fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back