2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used my $5 monthly certificate on a $5 Xbox live credit. (Printed on receipt)[attachment=33704:IMG_20200304_203806.jpg]

Used my $5 monthly certificate on a $5 Xbox live credit. (Printed on receipt)
Seems like every time I visit gamestop they either change or remove a perk from their membership cards. $5 certificate a month aint bad though. If you cash that in for a $10 eshop card every month thats $60 saved... $40 if you dont count the $20 renewal which I'm never paying again.

Anyway I feel like a total idiot for not thinking of this, definitely taking advantage so I can save a $5 on animal crossing.

Second this GameStop “in-stock” tracking fail on both app and website. Just call up your home store and have them look in the system for any stock questions. Also picked up 2 copies of D4+:complete (1 new 1 used) for a simple transfer
I could have sworn it used to work fine for both used and new games. But now not only does it lump both of those together (for example you cant check specifically if they have a used copy, it just shows "in-stock" as long as they have it new OR used), it's also not accurate half the time period.

How r y’all trading multiple copies of Division? Multiple copies at each GameStop or one copy per console each visit? Only time I would flip is if it’s actually worth the gas and if it’s one to three trips to GameStop and that’s it. Also to buy a new copy of the game, switch that new case out with a crappy case I have and trade the crappy case in (Weird I know) I’m a collector

I’m curious also, do they all follow the same % off calendar, or does it seem to vary per location? With the closings just kicking off a week or so ago, how far along should they be?

The manager at my (not closing) local store mentioned about the next closest store most likely closing by the end of April. Does that fit the pattern of discounts and such?
Would also like to know...

How r y’all trading multiple copies of Division? Multiple copies at each GameStop or one copy per console each visit? Only time I would flip is if it’s actually worth the gas and if it’s one to three trips to GameStop and that’s it. Also to buy a new copy of the game, switch that new case out with a crappy case I have and trade the crappy case in (Weird I know) I’m a collector
I've been bringing in one each PS4/Xbox in paper sleeves because I need extra cases at the moment.

I bought 8 copies of Division 2 from BB with GCU for $34.55 and just traded them in for $125. I might do another run.
The limit is 3 purchases per SKU per year with GCU. You might want to return 2 copies to Best buy to preserve your GCU discount. Otherwise, say goodbye to your GCU account.

Thanks. Mine expires in 10 days so might as go out with a bang. 5 copies each.
They may also nuke your entire account if you go crazy, so unless you plan on never shopping at Best Buy for anything else ever again, it's still not a good idea to go over the limit.

I am debating trading in my orig xbox one. It dropped from 75 to 70 recently. Not sure I should wait longer lol
Funny enough, I finally got around to putting together one that had a bad psu. Turns out it's on firmware 2.71 and it works great. I won't bother trading that one in.

The limit is 3 purchases per SKU per year with GCU. You might want to return 2 copies to Best buy to preserve your GCU discount. Otherwise, say goodbye to your GCU account.
I knew my GCU expired in March but I didn't know when. I have BB Elite so I get free shipping. I ordered 4 ps4 & 4 xbox on Monday(3/2/20) and I received them earlier today. When I added another 8 to my cart today they were $4.99 no GCU. I checked my email history when I first started GCU it was 3/3/12. So, I ordered them a day before GCU expired. I ordered another 8 and will be here later today(Thursday).

Deal of the Day is a pretty decent Wii U set of 4 games (Pokken, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Smash Bros) for $20. Doesn't seem to be a great flip, but if I didn't already own them would have jumped on this! (my kids are the age where I'm ok risking a Wii U when a pack of them come over unsupervised than the switch)

Thanks. Mine expires in 10 days so might as go out with a bang. 5 copies each.
I've got a bunch of copies from GS via 4/10 and still only traded in one so far when I came in to do something else, I've seen the comments they attached to my PUR account already, don't want to have another one added - "That asshole that traded in 8 copies of Division 2"... that's too much effort for some extra credit.

The inventory tracker is basically doing a -1 of anything that they have currently. So if they have 1 copy physically on hand, the inventory tracker states 0 online hence unavailable. This would be great for their "NEW" aka "Gutted" copies since its not truly new in the sense of the word. But having it for all inventory across the board is a little extreme since if they only have 1 copy regardless of what it is, online will show that they have 0. Basically anything that shows on the website currently is available for store pick up, they have at least 2 copies of it on hand.
Interesting if that's how its working now. I'd still prefer it to work like before and just add another to cart to see if they have 2 copies available (which wasn't super accurate either). I just get annoyed when there are certain games that are flagged "1 per transaction" :bomb:

Deal of the Day is a pretty decent Wii U set of 4 games (Pokken, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Smash Bros) for $20. Doesn't seem to be a great flip, but if I didn't already own them would have jumped on this! (my kids are the age where I'm ok risking a Wii U when a pack of them come over unsupervised than the switch)
That's an amazing deal if the games actually work. I'm tempted to pick up the set as backups (yes, I have a backup wiiU, too)

I've seen the comments they attached to my PUR account already, don't want to have another one added - "That asshole that traded in 8 copies of Division 2"... that's too much effort for some extra credit.
Store employees are able to put comments on your account? I was always curious what they were staring at behind the counter when they would take 3 minutes before scanning an item. I called one out on it before but he wouldn't say anything.

They may also nuke your entire account if you go crazy, so unless you plan on never shopping at Best Buy for anything else ever again, it's still not a good idea to go over the limit.
Not that I'm advocating anyone else do this but I've had GCU since it started and always bought within the 3 limit of games. After my GCU ended, I stopped caring because without GCU, shopping at BB isn't worth it for me to care about being cancelled since I can just open another account under a different number.

Anyways, I've gone over the limits of 3 (though without GCU) and never had an issue with my account in those years. I still get my points and can redeem without issue. Maybe because I'm an Elite Plus member though.

Again, not that others should go over the limits but I have and haven't had any issues.

I swap out cases whenever I trade new/newish stuff in. Glad to know other people do this, I feel less ocd.

I swap out cases whenever I trade new/newish stuff in. Glad to know other people do this, I feel less ocd.
If I need placeholders for a deal, because i can only find 1 or 2 games I need at a particular store, I'll dig through all similarly priced games for copies with pristine cases, or in the case of ps4, cases that don't have the bump you can press in on the front cover, then swap them out for any damaged cases I currently own before exchanging them back when I find a game i do want. I've told employees this when they give me weird looks when I'm on my knees, pulling out games and inspecting them closely, holding them up to the light ect. They don't care, they just want me out of thier store.

I was going to trade in some copies of the Division today, but I guess i'll wait to see if there is a bump tomorrow. 

Deal of the Day is preowned Wii U copies of Super Smash Bros, Pokken Tournament, Super Mario Maker, and Splatoon for $10 each. With the current B2G2 makes 1 copy of each $20 total. Pretty good deal. 

Contacted customer service because I haven’t received rewards points for my last two transactions. Customer service email responds “it could take up to 72 hours”. Obviously it’s been over that time or I wouldn’t have contacted them. I replied and explained, again.

The next email blew my mind. I received a customer service email full of grammatical and spelling errors, stating I haven’t been logged into my account since August 2019, and so GameStop has reset my password. Then the rep proceeded to say that if I was expecting points for trades, they don’t do that anymore. Wtf.

I’ve been logged into the GameStop app for months, on the website logged in weekly, and in reference to my orders without points, one was an online order made from my account. I honestly don’t know or understand how GameStop can hire people so useless at their jobs...

Contacted customer service because I haven’t received rewards points for my last two transactions. Customer service email responds “it could take up to 72 hours”. Obviously it’s been over that time or I wouldn’t have contacted them. I replied and explained, again.

The next email blew my mind. I received a customer service email full of grammatical and spelling errors, stating I haven’t been logged into my account since August 2019, and so GameStop has reset my password. Then the rep proceeded to say that if I was expecting points for trades, they don’t do that anymore. Wtf.

I’ve been logged into the GameStop app for months, on the website logged in weekly, and in reference to my orders without points, one was an online order made from my account. I honestly don’t know or understand how GameStop can hire people so useless at their jobs...
The end is nigh

Not that I'm advocating anyone else do this but I've had GCU since it started and always bought within the 3 limit of games. After my GCU ended, I stopped caring because without GCU, shopping at BB isn't worth it for me to care about being cancelled since I can just open another account under a different number.

Anyways, I've gone over the limits of 3 (though without GCU) and never had an issue with my account in those years. I still get my points and can redeem without issue. Maybe because I'm an Elite Plus member though.

Again, not that others should go over the limits but I have and haven't had any issues.
The limit is only when dealing with the GCU discount. Once membership expires, there are no limits for regular rewards customers (short of any kind of quantity limits or re-seller restrictions that apply to everyone).

Isn’t it possible games on the mwt list drop instead of bumping?
It has happened before, yes. I can't believe they would raise the Division 2 value, but that is based on logic. That doesn't apply to GS.

It has happened before, yes. I can't believe they would raise the Division 2 value, but that is based on logic. That doesn't apply to GS.
My guess would be the trade value is going to drop but that's pure speculation on my part. Either way, don't we loose the 30% bonus on Saturday anyhow?

What the hell? I wonder if this moron was just completely useless and has no idea what they were talking about or if this is a premonition of what's to come.

Hmm... To trade Division 2 today or wait until tomorrow...? First world problems! :)

I didn't see it on the first post of this topic, and don't know if things changed, but for trades is it true that:

-the limits are $2000 trade credit and $500 cash within a rolling 30 days

-it doesn't matter if you combine cash and or trade credit, but you can only do 3 copies per title no matter if you trade for cash or credit?

thx!

Hmm... To trade Division 2 today or wait until tomorrow...? First world problems! :)

I didn't see it on the first post of this topic, and don't know if things changed, but for trades is it true that:

-it doesn't matter if you combine cash and or trade credit, but you can only do 3 copies per title no matter if you trade for cash or credit?

thx!
4 Per SKU. 5th gets you the ban.

thx!
i would trade today to guarantee the extra credit. Tomorrow it could be $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back