2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the system is messed up because of the leap year, so no one’s been getting points for transactions. No idea when/if they’ll replace it.

Apparently the system is messed up because of the leap year, so no one’s been getting points for transactions. No idea when/if they’ll replace it.
Makes sense... I mean how could they have possibly predicted that there would be 29 days in February this year instead of the usual 28?! If only there had been some warning...

Damn no copies of Control near me. Anyone know a promo code that works for ordering it online? I was gonna wait for Game Pass but $27-30 is too good to pass up.

Damn no copies of Control near me. Anyone know a promo code that works for ordering it online? I was gonna wait for Game Pass but $27-30 is too good to pass up.
SAVER used to be the code for free shipping, but it hasn’t worked in quite some time. I would add an item to get you free shipping and then just return it in store when you get your order

so when would be the best time to check a closing store for good deals? I know the majority of what people want goes early but you wait long enough and they will basically give you whats left wont they?

Is this new? Cause heck yeah, GS finally getting with the times.

"

PUR Members who purchase Animal Crossing New Horizons at GameStop are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash!
PowerUp Rewards Members who purchase Animal Crossing: New Horizons at GameStop are eligible for up to $10 Rewards Cash!

*While Supplies Last. Not valid on Pre-Owned. PowerUp Rewards Pro Members are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash and Player Members are eligible for $5 Rewards Cash when you purchase Animal Crossing by 3/26/20. Coupon will be delivered to member’s Active Offers within 7 business days of launch of the game. Rewards Cash valid until 4/9/20. Limit one per customer.

Online/Store Customers: Coupons will be delivered to member's Active Offers within 7 business days of purchase."

"

PUR Members who purchase Animal Crossing New Horizons at GameStop are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash!
PowerUp Rewards Members who purchase Animal Crossing: New Horizons at GameStop are eligible for up to $10 Rewards Cash!

*While Supplies Last. Not valid on Pre-Owned. PowerUp Rewards Pro Members are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash and Player Members are eligible for $5 Rewards Cash when you purchase Animal Crossing by 3/26/20. Coupon will be delivered to member’s Active Offers within 7 business days of launch of the game. Rewards Cash valid until 4/9/20. Limit one per customer.

Online/Store Customers: Coupons will be delivered to member's Active Offers within 7 business days of purchase."
Not new, but not used in quite some time.

I had one copy of division not getting the 30% even when I pre ordered. I usually swap new game cases with crappy game cases I buy from GameStop used when there’s deals like b2g2 free cuz that’s mostly the only time I get cases that are dirty or messed up.

"
I think the last one they did was Outer Worlds. They’re doing it with Persona as well. The interesting thing is Animal Crossing is supposed to be a G2L title.

I think the last one they did was Outer Worlds. They’re doing it with Persona as well. The interesting thing is Animal Crossing is supposed to be a G2L title.
This has happened before, I think it was the last Modern Warfare. G2L plus $10 plus free poster, it's a win-win-win. I'm just surprised it's happening with a Nintendo game that's a guaranteed best seller.

Holy cow. Division 2 base trade is now $17.50.
I just don't get how this makes any sense for them, not that I am complaining. Pro value is 19.25 and with the 30% on top of that it will be $25 each! Kinda makes me wish I did not only have one more copy to trade in, but I made out pretty well already.

I just don't get how this makes any sense for them, not that I am complaining. Pro value is 19.25 and with the 30% on top of that it will be $25 each! Kinda makes me wish I did not only have one more copy to trade in, but I made out pretty well already.
you're calculating wrong. its the base value that goes up 30%. not the pro value.

PS4 copies are sold out in my area. So I grabbed a couple Xbox versions. Luckily I got a few GameStop’s close to each other.

you're calculating wrong. its the base value that goes up 30%. not the pro value.
In the ad it says Pro gets 30% extra credit, not total. If it was 30% from the base value they would only be giving me 20% extra credit because as a Pro member I already get 10% more from base. So to honor the ad as printed, it should be calculated as 30% on top of the Pro trade in rate. (from the way I see it anyhow)

In the ad it says Pro gets 30% extra credit. If it was 30% from the base value they would only be giving me 20% extra credit because as a Pro member I already get 10% more from base. So it should be calculated as 30% on top of the Pro trade in rate with the way they worded it to actually honor the ad as printed. (from the way I see it anyhow)
Incorrect.

But it never is. It's always based on base value. You get 30% extra in value from the base.
Correct.

How long does the stealth bump (or whatever boosted the divisions 2's value) usually last? I accidentally ordered some copies of division 2 from best buy and didn't realize they won't be here til next wednesday.

How long does the stealth bump (or whatever boosted the divisions 2's value) usually last? I accidentally ordered some copies of division 2 from best buy and didn't realize they won't be here til next wednesday.
Go to your order, you might be able to changes stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incorrect.

Correct.
Just because that's how they have always done it does not mean it's the correct way. This is GS we are talking about here.. ;+) When I pointed it out to the store people, they have been honoring it. So I'm gonna keep pointing it out. With there being pretty strict laws on false advertising I would expect they probably should honor the printed advert in most cases. We also thankfully have good GS people where I am, so maybe that's why I have had good luck too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you, does it matter if the first store takes information from my driver’s license? Would I still be able to trade them in?

Can’t help you with that one. I’m taking trade credit they never ask for my id unless I take cash.

But if you do all your trades in the same day you should be alright

I believe if you order over $30 (or somewhere around there) they do 1-2 day shipping for free. You just have to select a physical address and not a P.O. Box to get the faster delivery.

Can’t help you with that one. I’m taking trade credit they never ask for my id unless I take cash.

But if you do all your trades in the same day you should be alright
Thank you brother!!! I’ve traded in games/controllers and they’ve asked for my id, maybe I just look like a shady person lmao

Thank you!!! So since I’m buying from Bestbuy, I should be good with just trading in the games?

You don’t have to tell them you just bought them from bestbuy...open the games and take them into the store and just trade like regular the system will do the work.

Just so I’m on the same page... I can trade in up to 4 copies for each system. Even all on the same day? Just as long as it’s 4 different locations?

I got my copies of division 2 arriving saturday and sunday now, thanks ya'll. From what I've read here before the trade bump that starts on friday end on the next monday. So I'm assuming this division 2 trade bump will end on monday. Anyone can confirm this is correct?

Just so I’m on the same page... I can trade in up to 4 copies for each system. Even all on the same day? Just as long as it’s 4 different locations?
I believe you can trade in as many copies as you want, but some GameStop’s will only take one copy, for example, if you have 5 copies, you will need to go to 5 different GameStop’s. I believe there’s a limit on using your pro membership to trade in the same game though, but you can always just trade in as a (regular) which is 17.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back