2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is almost as crazy as the Pikmin 3 trade in back in the day.

Had to order PS4 copy of division 2 for shipping, should be here tomorrow so hopefully the trade in value holds

Picked up 3 Xbox copies and 3 PS4 copies of Division 2, at a best buy and target. Went to 3 gamestop and did cash trades for each. Made nearly $60 in profit. Easy

I can confirm, they are very aware of how many people are trading div2. The employee tried to tell me only one copy of a game; he didn’t really have a reason and started stammering about it. I just asked him if he could make an exception this one time; gave him a BS excuse saying my brother and I usually play together, hence two copies. I was able to trade two xb1 at once, better get those trades in quick boys!

I sure hope that idiot posting The Division 2 flip to SD is not the one that blew up big enough for GS to actually notice and lock things down.. Either way, what a f-ing moron!
It’s probably the same guy who posted in this thread a few months ago saying he tattled on us to corporate. Trying to white knight for GameStop, how insipid. His karma will be coming to him soon though.

Legendary flip

Paid of
Nioh ce
Doom Internal
Remnant of the Ashes
RE 3 Ce

All with Division 2[emoji2309][emoji2309][emoji2309]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I tried to trade in a couple of copies about an hour ago and got shot down.  Apparently they've had so many people trading in The Division 2 the area manager wont let any of the stores in my area accept them until the trade value goes down.  Sounds pretty shady, but I can't really blame them either.

I tried to trade in a couple of copies about an hour ago and got shot down. Apparently they've had so many people trading in The Division 2 the area manager wont let any of the stores in my area accept them until the trade value goes down. Sounds pretty shady, but I can't really blame them either.
I must say in the time I've been doing this I have never seen GS get to the point that the stopped taking a title. Pretty crazy.

I didn't get a chance to drop by any GS today and got soccer games all day tomorrow :drool: , so might just hold on to the D2 copies I have for the next +$5 promo when trading them in will be a bit lower key, even if the "profit" is less. 

Last day of B2G2 is kind sad, though maybe CAG16 will come back online soon after. 

I didn't get a chance to drop by any GS today and got soccer games all day tomorrow :drool: , so might just hold on to the D2 copies I have for the next +$5 promo when trading them in will be a bit lower key, even if the "profit" is less.

Last day of B2G2 is kind sad, though maybe CAG16 will come back online soon after.
I was surprised a local store I traded at today still had some top tier 3ds games...is this b2g2 also valid instore? I seen some good games however the prices are kind of high with no pro discount.

Traded in my last copy of Div2 and God of War and picked up some Xbox back compat games and still had money left over.  Pretty happy with my trades for the week.  I was really hoping to pick up Bayonetta for 360 tonight but they were sold out.. I guess people figured out that it's a lot cheaper than the re-relase and looks almost as good on the One X.  So I'll be playing some Tom Clancy HAWX tonight instead.. lol

Orderrf 4 PS4 and 1 XBONE of Div 2 at Best Buy, when I went to pick it up over lunch there were several stacks of 4 copies of the game on the pickup wall.  Thanks to the jerk who put this on SD.  

Got my trades done quick after that.  I was going to do some on Monday but this value is going to tank over the weekend I think.  Normally I don't put my cash into GS flips and just work on credit, but this was too good to pass up.

Traded my last remaining and 7th copy of The Division 2 about 20 minutes before closing at my favorite store. Absolutely no issues as expected. Tempted to find one last Xbox One copy if the value is the same tomorrow.

I'm tempted to let your local Burger King know you that you desperately need a job because you spend all day flipping games for imaginary GS credit which will be worthless in a few months when they declare bankruptcy instead of flipping burgers which gives you real cash and may be enough to move out of your mom's basement. And unlike GS, Burger King is doing very well financially so you will have some good job security. Something to consider.
I'm tempted call your nearest institution and tell them how desperately you need to be committed since you like to spend your time, on the internet, concerning yourself with what strangers do.

Traded in my last copy of Div2 and God of War and picked up some Xbox back compat games and still had money left over. Pretty happy with my trades for the week. I was really hoping to pick up Bayonetta for 360 tonight but they were sold out.. I guess people figured out that it's a lot cheaper than the re-relase and looks almost as good on the One X. So I'll be playing some Tom Clancy HAWX tonight instead.. lol
If you have a local Half Price Books it might be worth checking for Bayonetta. I think I paid $3 for a copy in excellent condition, and I've only seen it well under $10.

I wish I had the audacity to trade in multiple copies of a game through the same stores for each system and not care about junior detectives

Also read on SD about people who were turned away, and one store that ran out of cash lol. Somehow I don't doubt it.

Values update around 3am, so we'll soon see if the values hold!

It was funny seeing copies of division 2 that were just traded in at the checkout counter at gamestop today. Yesterday when i got my copies at best buy, there were at least 50+ copies on the shelf, and then only to look online today and all of them are sold out! I'm glad lots of people could get in on this deal!

I think it'll hold through the weekend, have they ever cut a stealth bump short before?

Edit: LOL never mind. Special thanks to the idiots on ResetERA and slickdeals.

What's funny is that even at $5 base it's still a profit towards pre orders, not much but if you're stuck with any it's not a total loss. I'll probably just hang on to my shipped copy from best buy, maybe I'll just return it.

What's funny is that even at $5 base it's still a profit towards pre orders, not much but if you're stuck with any it's not a total loss. I'll probably just hang on to my shipped copy from best buy, maybe I'll just return it.

Yup. The site says tiv $5.
Lol, people that ordered store pickup at best buy probably will cancel pick up now.

By 6:15pm the best buy by my house was out of stock on the Division 2. Was able to get 3 for XBox and one for PS4 and get all 4 traded last night.

At one GS I am pretty sure I got the JD I had problems with in the past. Also pretty sure he knew I bought it earlier just to flip. Maybe not. Never liked this guy. But he took the trade in.

The last store the woman was like you made a decent profit on that one. I think she was commenting more on the usual low TIV.

Anyway was nice to get in on a decent flip. Usually my local BB doesn't have the game or I don't have the time.

No BB within 250 miles of me has any in stock.

I'm tempted call your nearest institution and tell them how desperately you need to be committed since you like to spend your time, on the internet, concerning yourself with what strangers do.
Thank you for catching IamtheDavestGamer's most recent iteration before he disappeared again.

Montville, CT store is closing. Was told by the ASL from that store who is now working in Lisbon. Only info I have. She said it was the least profitable store in the district, and that Putnam (!) was the #2 store out of 200+ (I imagine that was regional?).

gonna go check out a closing store this afternoon and see what they've got going on currently...apparently the discount drops occur on Thursday's so if nothing seems great today I'll check back next week...

Oh man that value tanked bad, from $17.50 base to $5 base is huge. So glad I decided to make my runs last night.

Still can make money if you're converting with a preorder but yeah better to sit out of your trying to flip for cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back