2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Met my first truly slimy employee in the district. The way he preys on old and ignorant customers is disgusting. He would add PRPs and GPGs without their permission and tell them that he's doing them a service. He even told the customer in front of me that he can't check him out because his pro membership just expired. I bought a few last gen games with the B2G2 promotion and he claimed that my games are not eligible (they are) and tried to get me to buy a GPG. He made the other employee ring me out when I declined. The sad part is that I'm almost 100% sure that he replaced my favorite employee in the store. She never tried to upsell me on anything and was always extremely helpful. I assume that she was fired for insubordination.
It is your responsibility to not only blast that guy on your survey (I realize that he wasn't the one who ended up ringing you up), but more importantly, if you have the time, go to different store, and try to get in contact with the District Manager through the Store Leader.

What that guy is doing is borderline criminal and there is no way that any District Manager would tolerate that. Being pushy is one thing, but that employee is an absolute piece of shit.

The moral, altruistic imperative here is to stop that guy from cheating anyone else.

Met my first truly slimy employee in the district. The way he preys on old and ignorant customers is disgusting. He would add PRPs and GPGs without their permission and tell them that he's doing them a service. He even told the customer in front of me that he can't check him out because his pro membership just expired. I bought a few last gen games with the B2G2 promotion and he claimed that my games are not eligible (they are) and tried to get me to buy a GPG. He made the other employee ring me out when I declined. The sad part is that I'm almost 100% sure that he replaced my favorite employee in the store. She never tried to upsell me on anything and was always extremely helpful. I assume that she was fired for insubordination.
He sounds like he's got real SL potential.

It is your responsibility to not only blast that guy on your survey (I realize that he wasn't the one who ended up ringing you up), but more importantly, if you have the time, go to different store, and try to get in contact with the District Manager through the Store Leader.

What that guy is doing is borderline criminal and there is no way that any District Manager would tolerate that. Being pushy is one thing, but that employee is an absolute piece of shit.

The moral, altruistic imperative here is to stop that guy from cheating anyone else.
Unfortunately it will probably have the opposite effect and he will get a promotion.

Unfortunately it will probably have the opposite effect and he will get a promotion.
no what this guy was doing is fraud. He was lying to customers to get them to buy additional items/services/memberships. Gamestop has fired Prestige store management because of stuff like this. Corporate doesn't fuck around with something that can get the in real legal trouble

Report his ass. What he's doing is illegal and grounds for him getting fired. A GameStop close to me had most employees involved in schemes like these and most got fired. They had to pull associates from different locations while they mass hired for the location.

I love after years of gutting cartridge and portable titles that GameStop wants back in. It doesn’t help ether that they can’t seem to identify counterfeits half the time.

Looks like the trade-in for the Division 2 is now back down to $5. However, I got an email stating the trade in value of $19.25 is guaranteed through 3/9/20. Gonna try to trade it in today.
It was a no-go for sure. They're quite aware of what was going on. Email while has a guarantee date also shows that they can decline a trade in the anytime. The word guarantee isn't really a guarantee.

Trades in for $6 today. Speculative investment? I'd recommend buying from BestBuy near the end of the week so you can return it if the trade in value doesn't go up before the return window ends.
just traded it in for $32 feb 1st during a stealth bump x $5 bonus per game

If people wanna pay ebay prices they will go to ebay, at least there they can see what they are getting about 98% of the time
98%... you have way better luck on eBay than I do. I feel like at least 1/3 of the things I buy are not as described at all or the seller specifically took pictures in a manner to hide something. I almost do not want to buy cd/dvd based games from eBay sellers anymore even the ones with good feedback.

They already opened some retro stores last year (when they rolled out the game lounge layout). There's a glass case with carts and some Trinitrons.

98%... you have way better luck on eBay than I do. I feel like at least 1/3 of the things I buy are not as described at all or the seller specifically took pictures in a manner to hide something. I almost do not want to buy cd/dvd based games from eBay sellers anymore even the ones with good feedback.
Disc based games are almost guaranteed to be resurfaced from anyone with lots of feedback.

I have better luck buying from people with less than 100 feedback tbh.

Yeah im not really a collector anymore so I just buy new at stores and many times not im using Ebay to buy stuff non game related... For the collectors out there yes at times it can be a 50/50 chance... with complete components and condition especially with boxed gaming items from way back.

Report his ass. What he's doing is illegal and grounds for him getting fired. A GameStop close to me had most employees involved in schemes like these and most got fired. They had to pull associates from different locations while they mass hired for the location.
I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when it happened. All of the other employees in the store are incredibly helpful and don't engage in this behavior. The sad part is that most of the customers in this store are elderly and don't know any better, so he probably realized that he can take advantage of them to boost his numbers. I don't have his name because someone else rang me out, but I'm going to try to catch him in the act next time.

Edit: Going to be recording discreetly every time I walk in that store from now on. I will also let the SL know because I'm pretty sure he's trying to take her job.

I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when it happened. All of the other employees in the store are incredibly helpful and don't engage in this behavior. The sad part is that most of the customers in this store are elderly and don't know any better, so he probably realized that he can take advantage of them to boost his numbers. I don't have his name because someone else rang me out, but I'm going to try to catch him in the act next time.
I had a cashier do something like this to me a few years back and I lit her up on a survey and I never saw her again. I was trading some things in and buying some during a Pro day and I always check to make sure they got all of the trades right and when I went to look at them on the machine, she kept telling me I didn't need to do that and what was I looking for and then I saw that each game that I purchased had the protection plan on it and I called her out on it and she begrudgingly took them off. Also, if you see find out his name you don't have to check out to do a survey, on the website it says "Don't have a receipt, click here" use that and then say what happened to you and put his name on there

does anyone know if you can get the $10 pre-order certificate more than once? (ie: you order a game with the offer from multiple stores)

You guys get any good hauls with the promotions over the past few weeks? Haven't heard anyone post what they got, I'm interested in hearing!

Here's some of my favorite ones. All of these were either from B2G2 or B2G1. Some of the ones that stick out (after promotion) are:

Dokapon Journey DS Complete: $26.66
Pokemon SoulSilver Complete: $30
Pokemon Black 2 Complete: $22.50
Magician's Quest DS loose: $16.67
Winx Club Alfea 3ds loose: $2.50
Nano Assault 3ds loose x2: $2.50 each
Shin Megami Soul Hacker loose x2: $13.33 each
Shin Megami Overclocked loose: $13.33
Sakura Wars Wii Complete: $15
Ghost Trick Phantom Detective loose: $13.33
Dementium 2 loose: $13.33
Yo-kai Watch 3 loose: $30

Some of the complete DS games aren't worth much, it's just cool to get them with box and manual as that's super rare nowadays (at GameStop at least).

Really hope they do last gen B2G2 in the future when they have more inventory and they fix their in-store checker. I got a lot of good deals. Biggest regret was not pulling trigger on fire emblem fates special edition that they said was in stock about 50 miles away.[attachment=33730:IMG_20200308_181000~2.jpg]

Trades in for $6 today. Speculative investment? I'd recommend buying from BestBuy near the end of the week so you can return it if the trade in value doesn't go up before the return window ends.
choices indeed.

well how long do you think the $15 price will hold?

And on another note....is the game actually good/fun?

Like 95% of my stores’ stock of 3Ds games are loose, jealous you got so many complete copies! Were those all purchased in store or online?

Like 95% of my stores’ stock of 3Ds games are loose, jealous you got so many complete copies! Were those all purchased in store or online?
No idea how, but the SoulSilver was online.... Which is insane because 95% of the games I get online regardless of system are loose. It's really hit or miss in store. Most stores have 1-2 complete DS games but one I went to had like 16. Complete 3DS games are way more common. Oddly enough the largest GameStop store to had ZERO cases (original or generic) for 3DS or DS games. All were in the locked glass case and loose. Different store but bought the three cheap professor Layton's loose and the employee was really cool and said "I think we have the cases in the back, I'll grab them". Appreciated that, he didn't have to do it.

You guys get any good hauls with the promotions over the past few weeks? Haven't heard anyone post what they got, I'm interested in hearing!

Here's some of my favorite ones. All of these were either from B2G2 or B2G1. Some of the ones that stick out (after promotion) are:

Some of the complete DS games aren't worth much, it's just cool to get them with box and manual as that's super rare nowadays (at GameStop at least).

Really hope they do last gen B2G2 in the future when they have more inventory and they fix their in-store checker. I got a lot of good deals. Biggest regret was not pulling trigger on fire emblem fates special edition that they said was in stock about 50 miles away. IMG_20200308_181000~2.jpg
Did you find those mostly in stores? Or were they online orders? I guess I should’ve spent a couple minutes shuffling through the envelopes at each store. Nice Haul!

Here's some of my favorite ones. All of these were either from B2G2 or B2G1. Some of the ones that stick out (after promotion)
Nice haul! I’ve picked up a few complete 3DS Games from a closing GameStop the other day. I grabbed Pokémon moon, alpha sapphire, omega ruby, New super Mario bro’s 2, super Mario maker, Mario party the top 100 and fire emblem awakening. All were complete! All were 50% off

What an extremely dishonest employee just now while buying mario maker 2. She starts off by saying my pro is expiring soon, I proceed to show her the app in which it states that I am good till late May.

She then acts as if she scanned both of my 5 dollars coupons, when in reality she didn't. The game cost $37.99 (preowned) and it rings up at $43. I ask how is that possible? She says taxes.

Sure enough, no coupons scanned and she even took the liberty to add the protection plan. She tells me the machine does that automatically.

Wow

What an extremely dishonest employee just now while buying mario maker 2. She starts off by saying my pro is expiring soon, I proceed to show her the app in which it states that I am good till late May.

She then acts as if she scanned both of my 5 dollars coupons, when in reality she didn't. The game cost $37.99 (preowned) and it rings up at $43. I ask how is that possible? She says taxes.

Sure enough, no coupons scanned and she even took the liberty to add the protection plan. She tells me the machine does that automatically.

Wow
If you buy it online with CAG16, it's $31.91+tax, pre-owned.

It's a game that's going to hold value after the Nintendo sale.

Really hope they do last gen B2G2 in the future when they have more inventory and they fix their in-store checker. I got a lot of good deals. Biggest regret was not pulling trigger on fire emblem fates special edition that they said was in stock about 50 miles away.
Holy crap... what a haul. Dokapon and the 2x Pokemon games are prob worth $200. I had to pick up an online order yesterday and the store was picked clean there was maybe a total of 20 PS3, 360, 3DS, Wii and Wii U games (out of maybe 200) and no complete DS games (prob 50 cart only). And there was only 1 Vita game (cart only of course). Sad.

I saw a complete copy of Animal Cross City Folk, in near perfect shape and picked it up. I didn't want or need it, but just couldn't let it sit there- picked up that along with 3 other games that I also didn't want/need but said fuck it.

I wish I had time to actually go to stores, I used to love browsing stores during these sales but work has been hectic for the last 4-5 months (and will continue to be so for another month or two). It seems like store stock is being depleted on purpose with all these recent B2G2 sales.

If you buy it online with CAG16, it's $31.91+tax, pre-owned.

It's a game that's going to hold value after the Nintendo sale. The 2nd best value is Mario Party. 3rd Mario & Sonic 2020. 4th Yoshi's Crafted World. IMO.

Buy for ~$32, trade for $45.5, on the hope and dreams that they go back to $35 base next week or the week after.

If you buy it in store (to flip immediately), what the employee was charging was way too high. Should be $37.99 (again, pre-owned) + tax. Even in the worst taxed states this would only total to ~$41.80. Tradeable for $45.50.

Today is the last day on that deal. I enjoyed it.
Thanks for the advise. 👍

My stores have a number of complete ds games. The reason is because they massively overcharge for them. No I'm not paying $30 for mario 64 ds, $20 for Mario vs dk 2, $20 for sonic classic collection, ect. When it's not even a deal at half price, then I'm not going to pay the mario tax.

Bought a batch of B2G2 3DS games for $40 and traded them today for $62. Also traded Link’s Awakening for $45 as I beat it and replay value is weak. Traded Mario Deluxe for $45 too as it pales against Mario Maker 2.

Bought a batch of B2G2 3DS games for $40 and traded them today for $62. Also traded Link’s Awakening for $45 as I beat it and replay value is weak. Traded Mario Deluxe for $45 too as it pales against Mario Maker 2.
It was a good deal. Easily possible to generate several hundred credit .. which some did.

well how long do you think the $15 price will hold?

And on another note....is the game actually good/fun?
The game is really fun if you like XCOM and enjoy the "rabbids" humor. I bought the gold edition (w/DLC) for $20 on the eShop a while back.

I assume the price will hold until Mar10. Best Buy's short return window is the real concern.

Nice haul! I’ve picked up a few complete 3DS Games from a closing GameStop the other day. I grabbed Pokémon moon, alpha sapphire, omega ruby, New super Mario bro’s 2, super Mario maker, Mario party the top 100 and fire emblem awakening. All were complete! All were 50% off
Nice! I'm sure with store closing sales most people just pay attention to current gen and ignore old stuff. Their loss is your gain.

Did you find those mostly in stores? Or were they online orders? I guess I should’ve spent a couple minutes shuffling through the envelopes at each store. Nice Haul!
Most were ordered online as in-store pickups. When the online inventory checker actually worked it was helpful to just see if there were some rare/uncommon games in the area. I didn't find many crazy pickups by just browsing stores, best one might have been Professor Layton and the last Specter Complete in box.

Holy crap... what a haul. Dokapon and the 2x Pokemon games are prob worth $200. I had to pick up an online order yesterday and the store was picked clean there was maybe a total of 20 PS3, 360, 3DS, Wii and Wii U games (out of maybe 200) and no complete DS games (prob 50 cart only). And there was only 1 Vita game (cart only of course). Sad.

I saw a complete copy of Animal Cross City Folk, in near perfect shape and picked it up. I didn't want or need it, but just couldn't let it sit there- picked up that along with 3 other games that I also didn't want/need but said fuck it.

I wish I had time to actually go to stores, I used to love browsing stores during these sales but work has been hectic for the last 4-5 months (and will continue to be so for another month or two). It seems like store stock is being depleted on purpose with all these recent B2G2 sales.
Very cool! I need to take a closer look at the Wii games. There's just usually so many (with a lot being junk) that I usually don't even check.

Yeah Dokapon was my favorite pickup. I ordered online for in-store pickup and was shocked it was complete and in beautiful condition. There wasn't even a GameStop sticker on the box. It's worth a lot but is in such good shape and so uncommon that I'll hold on to it.

Yep, definitely "stock up" during the B2G2 sales. I'm still slowly widdlying away at the inventory of B2G2 switch games from December (Mario Maker 2 was one of the few games that stayed in stock online for the first wave, so bought 7 :twoguns:, $22 a copy!)

I forget, does doing a return negatively effect the store/employee even if you do a rebuy? I feel like thats a recent thing.
It will affect their GPG, reserve%, etc. and it will hurt them for the difference in money spent if you're getting anything back. For example, if you buy 4 games and then return/rebuy for B2G2, then you're reducing their pre-owned metric by the value of the 2 games that you're getting for free. Most employees will agree to do this, but make sure to give them a good review on the survey.

My stores have a number of complete ds games. The reason is because they massively overcharge for them. No I'm not paying $30 for mario 64 ds, $20 for Mario vs dk 2, $20 for sonic classic collection, ect. When it's not even a deal at half price, then I'm not going to pay the mario tax.
I'm tempted to trade in Pokemon Sword for $45.5 but I keep thinking about the possibility of it being $35 base during a 50% promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back