2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
wait, values went down after the bump was over? it's like you people have never done this before.
Only for a couple years, but I was remarking more on the large drop in value (over 60%).

I knew values would drop last night (but not how much), hence why I bought for pickup in store and flipped Mario Maker 2 yesterday. $10 in profit per copy was a no-brainer when you're already using credit.

Did their past trade in promos for new systems (like PS4 pro or switch release) include bonuses per game or was it just a bonus for a system trade-in towards the new system?

Wondering what the expected PS5/XBNext trade in promo would be?

Texas stores closing, for the Texas CAGs.

1695-  Arlington, TX - Stanton Plaza, 4261 W. Green Oaks Blvd.
225 - Harlingen, TX - Valle Vista Mall, 2020 S. Expressway 83, C-3
543 - Mesquite, TX - Towne Crossing, 3600 Gus Thomasson Rd.
4086 - San Angelo, TX - Sunset Mall, 4001 Southwest Blvd. #1206

Just to verify I am not missing something, 4/$20 does not work online?

What kind of condition are online orders for used XB1 arriving in?

Just to verify I am not missing something, 4/$20 does not work online?
What kind of condition are online orders for used XB1 arriving in?
4/$20 doesn't work online, in-store only.

Condition is YMMV, could be complete, could be disc only with scratches on disc artwork in a smelly envelope jammed in a broken black DVD case

https://gsclosing.blogspot.com/

Chicago people, GS outside of North Riverside is closing.
The Riverside one has been picked pretty well. I forgot I had a pre order there, will probably go back in the last week. No more preowned switch games that I saw, probably got raided when they hit 50%. Picked up 2 wii u games tho, sucks they didnt have more that were cib. their systems are also out. Maybe a switch lite or two but thats about it and theyre only 10% off. They also literally gave their switch kiosk away for FREE!!!! I would've paid money for that shit fucking morons man.

Anybody check out the Uncasville, CT store yet? I see it's on the list and it's the closest store to me
Go and report! I'm up in Danielson, so I usually only go to Lisbon/Killingly/Putnam unless there's a real crazy deal going on for flips.

The Montville manager is/was a huge dick. A couple years ago he refused a trade of my retro stuff because he thought it was counterfeit. Garbage stuff like NES Dr. Mario, Tetris, Mario/Duck Hunt and disc-only PS2 games. Stuff nobody would ever make repros of and obviously authentic items. Refused the entire trade because the NES games didn't have "the code" on the edge of the PCB. You know, the identifier code that's inside the case, near the top edge of the PCB, that you can't see without opening the game using the special bit, and that you 100% cannot see by peering into the slot of an NES game. I told him he didn't know what he was talking about as I scooped up my stuff and left. He said he'd been doing this for 10 years. Ok, dude. Pretty obviously he had read the corporate info on identifying fake NES games but didn't really understand what it meant.

This last November or so I found out from the Killingly SL that the Montville SL had sent an email out to the district to "watch out" for me after the fake NES games incident. That afternoon I had been to the store again with some B2G1 Switch flips and a GA-level employee and he huddled together since I had two copies of Marvel Alliance in the stack. Every other store I go to lets me do up to 4 of one game at a time, so I figured trying two copies here might work. Nope. Anyway after that he called the SL at Lisbon and told her I was flipping games. So next time I saw the Lisbon SL she told me just to flip stuff straight back to her since they need the numbers. Cool, see ya Uncasville.

And those are my stories.

The Riverside one has been picked pretty well. I forgot I had a pre order there, will probably go back in the last week. No more preowned switch games that I saw, probably got raided when they hit 50%. Picked up 2 wii u games tho, sucks they didnt have more that were cib. their systems are also out. Maybe a switch lite or two but thats about it and theyre only 10% off. They also literally gave their switch kiosk away for FREE!!!! I would've paid money for that shit fucking morons man.
I'm sure they gave it away to one of their friends, not some rando.

I'm sure they gave it away to one of their friends, not some rando.
I dono the guy seemed sincere, he said someone held it first week for free after i asked how much they wanted for it, then he said I wish my manager didnt agree, cause we looked up the price after and its $4,000(not true).

manager is/was a huge dick.
I think we all have a store manager we've rubbed the wrong way for doing some of our CAG shenanigans. Mine happens to be a prestige SL that I think flagged me during the B2G2 on switch games that has really had it out for me since a pretty massive trade in during the +5 any game towards preorder.... and sent out a bunch of emails to the district. I know because SLs I'm much friendlier with showed them to me for a laugh on GSO.

Anyone else have a SL say using cag16 on a pickup order is "cheating" ? :-({|=

Never have and never will pay for an extended warranty on a video game. Warranties are for items you can't afford to replace.

Just scooped Mario's Picross for ~$11 since I'm a Picross fan and have always wanted to play it on a Game Boy.
No promises, but a GPG warranty may prevent a JD situation.

I suppose it depends what exactly you are doing. But if you deny an employee a GPG, and they realize what you are doing (buying games to flip), they may be more likely to turn you in, out of spite.

The GPG rate used to be 30% of sales to keep their job. It was increased recently. On the high side, if they have a 55%+ GPG (above nation-wide average) they get a bonus paycheck.

You work them .. and if you don't play your cards right .. they work you into the ground.

Best to keep them in your pocket. I advise giving some form of GPG, even if you need to buy a 4F$20 deal for $1 GPG each game [GPG for a game or 2 per each set you are buying]. (instead of the $3 for current gen.)

Corporate has stiffened the requirements .. more % GPG's, pro renewals, PRP's for employees to keep their jobs. Effective this week, as I understand.

Get some employee's in your pocket, and things get smoother, just sayin. The workers want a paycheck, not a recognition plaque. They don't give a shit what happens to GS -- but it you threaten their job, they may get bitter [good luck if that happens, game over].

I really don't get those people. It helps them to have all those trade in's, make purchases, pre-order, good reviews, etc. Why burn people who aren't scamming you in anyway. It'll be one thing if you are trading in fakes or clearly stolen goods but anything else should be fair game.

I'm lucky to live in an area that could really give a fuck as long as they are making their numbers and you're not trading in duds. Helps to always do the surveys, even if you don't buy anything and especially for employees that refuse service (when it's part of their policy). 

Some here say to avoid doing that but these people will never change if people don't use the avenues there to help you to make them abide at least by their own policy. Also helps to not be a dick to these employees and start arguments even if you are right. Just do the survey enough times and let Gamestop's internal team take care of the rest.

Texas stores closing, for the Texas CAGs.

1695- Arlington, TX - Stanton Plaza, 4261 W. Green Oaks Blvd.
225 - Harlingen, TX - Valle Vista Mall, 2020 S. Expressway 83, C-3
543 - Mesquite, TX - Towne Crossing, 3600 Gus Thomasson Rd.
4086 - San Angelo, TX - Sunset Mall, 4001 Southwest Blvd. #1206
Have you checked out any of these?

I'll stop thru there at least once.

I think we all have a store manager we've rubbed the wrong way for doing some of our CAG shenanigans. Mine happens to be a prestige SL that I think flagged me during the B2G2 on switch games that has really had it out for me since a pretty massive trade in during the +5 any game towards preorder.... and sent out a bunch of emails to the district. I know because SLs I'm much friendlier with showed them to me for a laugh on GSO.

Anyone else have a SL say using cag16 on a pickup order is "cheating" ? :-({|=
I've been incredibly fortunate not to have any JDs in my district. My local store is a price match test store that even matches CAG16 in-store for me. They know that I'm good for their numbers (especially UPT and trade-in metric) and I'm an excellent source of surveys for them.

Have you checked out any of these?
I went by the Mesquite one today, they're at 50% off used, 20% off new. They're already mostly cleaned out, mostly collectibles left. It looked like there were several switch games in one of the drawers still, I saw them when I check out. I snagged the DS security case, going to go get it next week when I can get some help hauling it out, cause the store won't help you.

I wish there was one closer to San Antonio
Maybe later on this year.

I went by the Mesquite one today, they're at 50% off used, 20% off new. They're already mostly cleaned out, mostly collectibles left. It looked like there were several switch games in one of the drawers still, I saw them when I check out. I snagged the DS security case, going to go get it next week when I can get some help hauling it out, cause the store won't help you.
Ok cool. Were there any good PS4/Xbox one games left?

Maybe later on this year.

Ok cool. Were there any good PS4/Xbox one games left?
I didn't look at the XB1 games, I don't have one, sorry, but it looked like there was a shelf or so of games, PS4 had about 2 shelves worth, maybe 2 dozen used and 2 dozen new. I didn't look too close at the ps4 games, but in the new was like Code Realize Wintertide Miracles, Code Vein, Yakuza Remastered collection. Used had things like Mass Effect Andromeda, Destiny 2, Dissidia NT, DW9. Sorry I didn't look closer.

I'm been going in one of the store that is closing down every 3 days and they still didn't drop their discount. 20%-50% for everything that doesn't got their own discounts. Switch game only got 20% off and it's almost empty. xD Their empty shelf has been replaced by all the wii games. xD What I did noticed is that they are adding more clearance stuff from the other store into this one and also added more DS game in there. Hopefully there will be few more game that I can get for cheaper.

I didn't look at the XB1 games, I don't have one, sorry, but it looked like there was a shelf or so of games, PS4 had about 2 shelves worth, maybe 2 dozen used and 2 dozen new. I didn't look too close at the ps4 games, but in the new was like Code Realize Wintertide Miracles, Code Vein, Yakuza Remastered collection. Used had things like Mass Effect Andromeda, Destiny 2, Dissidia NT, DW9. Sorry I didn't look closer.
That's great info thanks

I'm been going in one of the store that is closing down every 3 days and they still didn't drop their discount. 20%-50% for everything that doesn't got their own discounts. Switch game only got 20% off and it's almost empty. xD Their empty shelf has been replaced by all the wii games. xD What I did noticed is that they are adding more clearance stuff from the other store into this one and also added more DS game in there. Hopefully there will be few more game that I can get for cheaper.
Is the 20-50% discounts across the board at closing stores, or does it vary per location (based on anyone's experience)? Also, is the discounted amount supposed to change on a certain date/time period?

The closest closing store is about half an hour away, so I can't just jet over and stop in daily to check on the progress. But I want make sure I stop in before every damn thing is gone of value (if it's not already...).

Is the 20-50% discounts across the board at closing stores, or does it vary per location (based on anyone's experience)? Also, is the discounted amount supposed to change on a certain date/time period?

The closest closing store is about half an hour away, so I can't just jet over and stop in daily to check on the progress. But I want make sure I stop in before every damn thing is gone of value (if it's not already...).
I went to two stores the other day; both were the same, varying from 10 to 60% based on system and used/new.

Same for the stores near me, all had 50% off used, 20% off new.

Has anyone used a rewards cert at a closing GameStop? Wondering if they work or if it’ll be like the clearance sales where they cancel out and are worthless

At the beginning of the of the month, it was 20%-40% off until the next week it increase to 50% so I'll assume it will increase more as the days will pass.

What do you folks think will happen with the trade value on Mario Maker 2 after the sale is over?  They cut it by more than 50% after it went on sale and MWT ended.  Do you think the trade value will go back up to where it was before MWT (normal trade value) or some new lower value will be the norm?   (I'm not asking for mind reading just past experience of similar situations)

Same for the stores near me, all had 50% off used, 20% off new.

Has anyone used a rewards cert at a closing GameStop? Wondering if they work or if it’ll be like the clearance sales where they cancel out and are worthless
I was told they don't take rewards certs at the closing stores. They will take trade credit though.

What do you folks think will happen with the trade value on Mario Maker 2 after the sale is over? They cut it by more than 50% after it went on sale and MWT ended. Do you think the trade value will go back up to where it was before MWT (normal trade value) or some new lower value will be the norm? (I'm not asking for mind reading just past experience of similar situations)
i know most of the high value switch games have been dropping to $20 after bumps, so i would expect that value when the sale ends. i dont know where it was before the bump, but it seems the new norm is $20 across the board with select games higher as shown in the weekly ad.

i know most of the high value switch games have been dropping to $20 after bumps, so i would expect that value when the sale ends. i dont know where it was before the bump, but it seems the new norm is $20 across the board with select games higher as shown in the weekly ad.
Agreed. Also notable is that most of the 1st party Switch Games have still been jumping up to 35$ base on a fairly regular basis, so even with the new rotating 35$ trade thing I would still expect to see it at 35$ TIV again in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back