2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario Maker 2 will fluctuate back up. I like the $35 weekly bumps so I can get rid of some lesser tier games that don’t hit 35 base often. (Like BotW this week)

Just keep an eye out for future releases... if Mario Kart 9 gets announced this year expect to see a permanent drop in MK8 value. I’m down to 3 copies myself!

Yeah I expect Mario Maker 2 to rise again as well. Bought a couple extras to sit on with the current price. Traded off my copy of smash as well. Haven't touched it in awhile and will rebuy when there's a decent promo. Smash always seems like the best copy to invest in.

Quick question guys, can I cancel a preordered game through a different store than the one that I purchased at?
They can do it, but they have to call and it's kind of a complicated process as they have to put the amount on a trade card at the other store and read the card number to the employee over the phone, so it's smart to be immediately applying that money to a purchase or new pre order. That was the process for me when I did it in the past at least.

Quick question guys, can I cancel a preordered game through a different store than the one that I purchased at?
Usually, no. I have seen them make an exception if you are moving pre order money from one store to another w a different game. In that case, the employee calls the other store and cancels the pre order and then puts it down on the new pre order in the new store.

Usually, no. I have seen them make an exception if you are moving pre order money from one store to another w a different game. In that case, the employee calls the other store and cancels the pre order and then puts it down on the new pre order in the new store.
If you let the pre-order expire does it default to your account or somehow stay at that store?

If you let the pre-order expire does it default to your account or somehow stay at that store?
It stays and the likelyhood of being reminded about it is slim so keep track. I typically keep a $5 deposit on file at all the stores that I trade in at. When they have trade in bonuses for certain pre-orders I just move that $5 to one of the new titles so the employee doesn't get docked for a cancelled pre-order and I get the trade in bonus.

It stays and the likelyhood of being reminded about it is slim so keep track. I typically keep a $5 deposit on file at all the stores that I trade in at. When they have trade in bonuses for certain pre-orders I just move that $5 to one of the new titles so the employee doesn't get docked for a cancelled pre-order and I get the trade in bonus.
That's an awesome idea!

So if you transfer money from a preorder to another preorder the employee doesn't get docked? That's good to know. I am going to do this to several games I preordered during the $5 bonus to consolidate credit.

So if you transfer money from a preorder to another preorder the employee doesn't get docked? That's good to know. I am going to do this to several games I preordered during the $5 bonus to consolidate credit.
If you cancel one preorder and make another, that's a net 0 (-1, +1) for the employee. If you simply transfer money from a cancelled preorder to an existing one, they get the -1 for the cancel and get dinged.

If you cancel one preorder and make another, that's a net 0 (-1, +1) for the employee. If you simply transfer money from a cancelled preorder to an existing one, they get the -1 for the cancel and get dinged.
Sounds like an excellent place for some Wells Fargo type scams. Punch in a random phone number and place a 5 dollar preorder while you are logged in to the register. Come back on a day off and make a villainous coworker cancel that preorder to get your credit back.

Maybe, don’t be quite that blatant about it. Have your spouse do the canceling.

I wasn't clear enough but this is what I meant. The $5 must be moved to a new pre-order (which is it most likely to be if you are just taking advantage of the promo and not pre-ordering to actually pick up the game). Also don't pre-order the same title at multiple stores if you do not want to raise any flags. They can see pre-orders made at other stores.

Sounds like an excellent place for some Wells Fargo type scams. Punch in a random phone number and place a 5 dollar preorder while you are logged in to the register. Come back on a day off and make a villainous coworker cancel that preorder to get your credit back.
Which is why you see so many videos about shady employee practices.

Checked out the Uncasville CT store. Basically collectibles at this point. 10 percent off systems and the tiny amount of switch stuff they had. 30 off current gen. 50 off 3Ds and DS.

They did have a switch kiosk there so maybe that's worth asking about if that's your thing

Someone messed up because those are owned by Nintendo. The story you were told is probably BS.
Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft all do not take the kiosk unit itself and the stores either toss them or someone takes them home. They typically just want the console, accessories, and TV attached to the kiosk. Now for Gamestop to sell the kiosk for $100 sounds shady and more like the employee gave it away to someone and pocketed $100.

So what happens if you transfer a preorder from 1 store to another? Does the old store get dinged and the new store get +1? I asked because she seem really excited when I wanted to do that and wanted to transfer more preorders from the other stores that I have them at to her store.

So what happens if you transfer a preorder from 1 store to another? Does the old store get dinged and the new store get +1? I asked because she seem really excited when I wanted to do that and wanted to transfer more preorders from the other stores that I have them at to her store.
Yes, that's what happens. That's why they are so anxious to do it.

What happens if you let the preorder pickup date pass and cancel the preorder like a month later?

Does the employee still get dinged?
Yes, the employee that cancels the order is the one that gets the ding, which is really messed up.

Checked out the Uncasville CT store. Basically collectibles at this point. 10 percent off systems and the tiny amount of switch stuff they had. 30 off current gen. 50 off 3Ds and DS.

They did have a switch kiosk there so maybe that's worth asking about if that's your thing
Any notable PS4, X1, 360, Ps3 games left?

Finally got my missing points credited - "Transaction Points Not Awarded" category. Still have no clue how they did their math (~20% off) but will live with what I got!

As far as rolling-over $ in pre-order of games you don't really want....  do pre-orders of amiibos or pops count the same as a game for employees? 

I just received my Mario Maker 2s from UPS from the Mar10 sale, they look like they are in brand new condition. Thanks for mentioning that CAG16 worked.

Does Gamestop have it anywhere on their site what upcoming games are "Guaranteed to like" or whatever the policy is called where you can play for 48 hours to see if you like it? I may be interested in Doom Eternal not sure yet. Thanks in advance.

Does Gamestop have it anywhere on their site what upcoming games are "Guaranteed to like" or whatever the policy is called where you can play for 48 hours to see if you like it? I may be interested in Doom Eternal not sure yet. Thanks in advance.
They don't. They usually send out emails highlighting that specific game a few days before the release date where there's a section that specifies it's "Guaranteed to Love It".

I've also seen a small sign up in one or two of my local stores that used the same image of the current pre-order bonus titles

However, this thread was posted a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/371572-new-guaranteed-to-love-it-titles-via-gamestop-promotion-starts-monday/

Edit:

Also, Aircobra made a post not too far back that detailed a few more upcoming G2L titles.

They show a video in store of the upcoming ones. They really should have a dedicated page on their site for this. At this point it seems pretty much every major release will be apart of it.

so when Gamestop goes away whats he going to do for content ??? hahaha
He could easily go back to focusing on Lowe's, or other shitty retailers.

Or just get a years content, narrowing down on how Starbucks discriminates against the non-LGBT community. How employee's got their hours cut, or were fired for silly reasons because they refuse to call a "he" a "she", or vise versa. Endless content there.

So many companies to be talked about. He'll find a way.

I ordered a copy of MM2 as well (with cag16), but it came in a generic case. Par for the course with my GS luck recently.
I ordered multiple copes of every game.

Roughly about 75% came with the original case.

Of the games that came complete, about 60% came immaculate, like they were just opened. Perfect Switch carts too, no scratches on the pins, indicating they were never, ever, played. The origin location of shipments are consistent with closing locations, at a glance.

Yoshi's Crafted World seems to be the hardest to find a case for, in my experience, for whatever reason. I ordered this game multiple times on the other sales throughout the prior months, to only get generic cases. This time I got exactly ONE case with the artwork for the several copies I ordered, which is going in my collection (finally). At least it was pristine. I can't explain that one .. is the Yoshi case rare? [or did it not sell very good, and get flipped a whole bunch? {thus eventually losing the cases?} /shrug.]

I have a question. I got a game that valued in $22.00 (pro). How much will increase if it I use it for pre-order? Or did they stop that? 

Germophobias, if your buying used games make sure your clean your cases with Lysol ASAP. This goes with the fear of exchanging cash also. Remember to wash your hands and don't touch your faces people!

Off topic, today, I just got an e-mal about my college district cancelling all on site classes next week due to fear of the C-virus spreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back