2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be very interested in a source for this. Feel free to substantiate your assertions.

I consider myself an open-minded individual. I like all facts.
No, you like the facts you already are predisposed to like. And Fox has great ratings because they are literally the only conservative TV 'news' station, whereas CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS all split viewership. Easy to understand.

Wasn’t trying to be petty lol was genuinely just curious as to what happens to a store if they’re going out of business and forced to close EOD indefinitely. I know how serious Covid-19 is, I’m a first responder and they’ve been drilling it into our heads every day

Wasn’t trying to be petty lol was genuinely just curious as to what happens to a store if they’re going out of business and forced to close EOD indefinitely. I know how serious Covid-19 is, I’m a first responder and they’ve been drilling it into our heads every day
This is also something that I thought about because I was putting in research on what games I could flip once they hit xx% off.

Ive been searching for this function. Is it available on the site or are you using Tapatalk?
Click on your profile icon. Towards the top right is the Edit my Profile button. In there, in the middle of the orange menu on the left, is 'Ignore' preferences. Fill in the user name.

He's talking about Devin Nunes on the second point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHg5OBxqGhw

2 Minutes in is when he starts saying that. Watching the whole clip is probably best though because it gives the context that what he was saying before it was pretty reasonable.

He may be uninformed as he says "If you're healthy..." apparently without realizing that one can be a carrier of the virus with no symptoms quite easily. Even so, what he said is TERRIBLE advice (less terrible if he only meant TAKE-OUT, which he clearly didn't, though that is the post-oops spin).

On topic : I like games.
The next day (or that night?) on the popular video game enthusiast show hosted by Sean Hannity, he tried to walk it back to say he meant go to drive-thrus and take out or some such. Bulllllshit.

Found that: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/16/coronavirus-devin-nunes-walks-back-go-your-local-pub-comments/5065469002/

Trish Regan is a terrible person: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trish-regans-show-on-hiatus-followering-her-controversial-coronavirus-remarks-2020-03-14

The verbiage for the $10 preorder bonus seems to apply for physical and digital.

*While Supplies Last. Not valid on Pre-Owned. PowerUp Rewards Pro Members are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash and Player Members are eligible for $5 Rewards Cash when you purchase Animal Crossing by 3/26/20. Coupon will be delivered to member’s Active Offers within 7 business days of launch of the game. Rewards Cash valid until 4/9/20. Limit one per customer.

Online/Store Customers: Coupons will be delivered to member's Active Offers within 7 business days of purchase.
I also interpreted this as applying to digital preorders. Best Buy's $10 preorder offer does so it doesn't seem unreasonable.

He's talking about Devin Nunes on the second point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHg5OBxqGhw

2 Minutes in is when he starts saying that. Watching the whole clip is probably best though because it gives the context that what he was saying before it was pretty reasonable.

He may be uninformed as he says "If you're healthy..." apparently without realizing that one can be a carrier of the virus with no symptoms quite easily. Even so, what he said is TERRIBLE advice (less terrible if he only meant TAKE-OUT, which he clearly didn't, though that is the post-oops spin).

On topic : I like games.
Going outside to GS (or any public place) is VERY bad advice.

I agree.

He does mention how the virus started last year, before any announcements. In China. The Whistleblower is dead. [Speculation - murdered?].

The virus goes back months from now in China, far before the news reports came out. PUT IT THAT WAY.

racist much? never heard anybody said chinese corona virus
whiny knee-jerk reactionary much? Go complain on twitter or something.

Anyway, I hate to say it but I'm going to be traveling to right next to my local gamestop on friday anyway, might as well grab my animal crossing preorder for the $10 and the poster before I g2l it for the trade credit.

Do us all a favor and stop posting. Not only are you obnoxious with your long, drawn out posts that are mostly verbal diarrhea...you’re clearly really fucking ignorant.
I agree mostly with your character criticism here, but genuinely, how in the WORLD is it offensive to say that the virus epidemic is at least mostly China's fault? It literally happened the way it did because of how their society is run. Sorry for the off-topic post but I can't help but think calling someone "racist" for saying China should do things differently is completely absurd.

This experience is all good, IMO.

I know where certain peoples voter status lies.

As far as GS is concerned.  Stay home in the coming days.  You're not doing anyone anyone any favors!.  Stay home!

whiny knee-jerk reactionary much? Go complain on twitter or something.

Anyway, I hate to say it but I'm going to be traveling to right next to my local gamestop on friday anyway, might as well grab my animal crossing preorder for the $10 and the poster before I g2l it for the trade credit.
not whining stupid, who cares what are you gonna do today or tomorrow. go tell it to ur daddy

Because you like contention in these times, I added the source.

I'll add it again.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-knew-about-coronavirus-earlier-patient-zero

AirCobra, I'm not really sure why you act so obtuse. You seem afraid that people might actually get information. Please stop.

These are trying times, and people need information. Whether it's personal experiences, or news references. Please stop being a dusche bag, is my response. Stop trying to hinder communication (by telling me to stop posting).

Grow up.

ps-

CNN is dogshit. So is MSNBC. ABC. CBS. There is a reason Foxnews tops the charts across ratings. FOX criticizes Trump, Nancy, Bernie, equally. They spit out news - they don't cherry pick what to report, as other "premier" sources seem to do.

Comedy Central "daily show" seems to be the best place to watch misinformation, 2nd is CNN. From the bottom of the barrel, upwards.
I really wish the person advocating for reason and communication weren't also advocating for fox. You're right about CNN, MSNBC etc. You're wrong about fox.

anigif_sub-buzz-13074-1510908985-1.gif

I agree mostly with your character criticism here, but genuinely, how in the WORLD is it offensive to say that the virus epidemic is at least mostly China's fault? It literally happened the way it did because of how their society is run. Sorry for the off-topic post but I can't help but think calling someone "racist" for saying China should do things differently is completely absurd.
It might be better asking the person that called him racist. I called him ignorant, which he is.

I really wish the person advocating for reason and communication weren't also advocating for fox. You're right about CNN, MSNBC etc. You're wrong about fox.
Seriously wtf. Lol. This is laughable. We’re really gonna judge quality of news source based on fucking ratings? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be better asking the person that called him racist. I called him ignorant, which he is.
If I'm ignorant .. well your attempted dismissal of documented facts, doesn't leave you in a better spot...

But feel free to call me ignorant too (LOL!).

This is why I love liberals.... Instead of debating facts they resort to cries of racism to shut down the conversation and then get on the moral high horse because they have the best sources and only liberal sources are trustworthy and never ever ever lie

If I'm ignorant .. well your attempted dismissal of documented facts, doesn't leave you in a better spot...

But feel free to call me racist too (LOL!). It only makes sense for boobs to do so, when the virus started in China... but a liberal says .. no no, racist ... you can't call it "China Coronavirus", .. even though it's documented to have starterd in China several months ago.

Can't call it China Coronavirus. Gotta kiss ass. To the country that holds the USA dept. Slop it up.

Please give it a rest already. Can we get back on topic of how to take advantage of Gamestop :/
It's hard when it's getting harder to buy/sell/trade.

The $$ advantage part exists for now, when you can actually trade games back in. This "feature" is ending very soon.

The stores near me wore gloves and were very careful to not touch anything else I had with me, including my PUR card.

keep posts on topic or your account gets quarantined. Thanks!

That guy above me’s account is mostly garbage troll posts. He’s gone.

One unfortunate thing is that gamestop encourages people to buy online for pick up instore (to limit the time customers need to be in there).  That's pretty difficult to do when their inventory checker doesn't work... :(

So I mentioned it before but how worried is everyone that the new max base for current gen  games is $30 instead of $35? 

The recent scraps of conversations in the past page are hilarious, if you read them consecutively.  It's like a crack / meth addict clinic blog.

/Cheers!

I kept my order and am ready to physically pick it up afterwards I will enjoy my 3 week vacation with animal crossing.

I do feel slightly bad but it's a wake up call. (yes a job is a job....until you let time pass and you are 50)

I pray everyone is fine and well after this and come to the conclusion to go get educated and a career. Don't want to come off mean just hope people better themselves. Nothing wrong starting in retail but don't end in retail.

Hmmm interesting... Rune Factory 4 Special (S) doesn't show up on the GS website for purchase or trade-in... was really trying to find a preowned copy of that.  I'll call tomorrow to see if they employees have a sku for it.

I ordered DOOM and Animal Crossing online yesterday because I wasn't sure what was going to happen with the stores this weekend. DOOM is preparing for shipment and I was shipped a 'DOOM tin', anyone know what it looks like? I don't remember seeing anything about it and there is no picture of it.

I ordered DOOM and Animal Crossing online yesterday because I wasn't sure what was going to happen with the stores this weekend. DOOM is preparing for shipment and I was shipped a 'DOOM tin', anyone know what it looks like? I don't remember seeing anything about it and there is no picture of it.

[attachment=33756:doom tin.PNG]

Doom Tin?! I was trying to get one of those this Thursday or Friday, but they closed down my gamestop thats located in a mall until April!

Im going to place an order to hopefully get a Tin as well, thanks for the info.

It’s so dumb that GameStop is still operating two weeks ago they got hammered with the division 2 fiasco and generated a loss and now with the virus they have to keep the stores open or they will go bankrupt within a week. Stop hurting the employees and CLOSE THE STUPID STORES !

It might be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know if they can change an in-store pre-order to a shipping pre-order? I have Persona 5 Royal Phantom Thieves edition pre-ordered and I don't think I'm going to be going into any Gamestop for the time being or if I have to I'd like to just make 1 trip to do everything, if they ever continue to stay open, and it's sold out everywhere else or I'd just order it somewhere else

Has anyone used trade credit for an online purchase, recently?

I had an issue a couple of years ago, and it took a call to CS to get it sorted out. It might have been because I tried to purchase digital currency with trade credit, but I might be wrong. 

Thanks!

Stay safe, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back