2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this going to be a GameStop only thing or will other stores release Doom Eternal early?
Other stores are likely less concerned since they sell other products and are usually larger stores.

So far Gamestop is the only one putting Doom out today. I live down the street from a Gamestop store and plan on picking up Doom when I go out to grab lunch today. I also have AC pre-ordered but am starting to debate on just cancelling my physical pre-order of that today when I get Doom and just getting it digitally as much as the collector in me despises that idea, AC wouldn't be a bad game to have digital though and I have about $20 in eShop credit.

Other stores are likely less concerned since they sell other products and are usually larger stores.

So far Gamestop is the only one putting Doom out today. I live down the street from a Gamestop store and plan on picking up Doom when I go out to grab lunch today. I also have AC pre-ordered but am starting to debate on just cancelling my physical pre-order of that today when I get Doom and just getting it digitally as much as the collector in me despises that idea, AC wouldn't be a bad game to have digital though and I have about $20 in eShop credit.
Best Buy is apparently releasing Doom today too.

My GS is small and not in a heavy traffic area, and they had 130 preorders of Animal Crossing, so I can’t imagine how many other stores might have. Be prepared for a long wait for those picking it up tomorrow.

Best Buy is apparently releasing Doom today too.

My GS is small and not in a heavy traffic area, and they had 130 preorders of Animal Crossing, so I can’t imagine how many other stores might have. Be prepared for a long wait for those picking it up tomorrow.
Part of why I am thinking of cancelling the physical copy and going digital for AC, it'll actually save me some $ too since I can just move my AC credit to Doom today and pick it up and then just get AC digital when it goes live. Have a feeling the eShop is going to get hit hard tomorrow too. I guess if I really want to I can just buy a second copy of AC physical later on too.

I really want the physical version, but might just do get the digital version of AC off of GS website. I have a couple questions if anybody knows the answers to.

Will I receive the download code now to preload?

Will I still get the $10 reward cash?

When does Nintendo let you start playing? 12am eastern?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm a bad person and part of the problem but I'm going to get ac tomorrow. If they had been closed I'd be disappointed and lived with it but if they're open bet I'm gonna go get my copy. I'll feel guilty about it but I'm doing it.

I know I'm a bad person and part of the problem but I'm going to get ac tomorrow. If they had been closed I'd be disappointed and lived with it but if they're open bet I'm gonna go get my copy. I'll feel guilty about it but I'm doing it.
Just wear your corona-virus suit and you should be good.

skynews-naomi-campbell-coronavirus_4945858.jpg

I am going to pick up Doom today myself. I don't blame you, decided to do AC digital though just not trying to hit up Gamestop three days in a row. I stopped by one that I saw was closing yesterday when I went to lunch and they were mostly wiped clean, but got a Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch for under $10 after using my $5 reward.

Yeah, mine is preordered at a mall as well. I keep going in asking "what if" and they keep saying they'll be open. I know other stores in malls are closing so I just preordered online and when the store reopens I'll just either cancel or move the credit to something else

Same with my GameStop. So what happens now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing like a company overstocked with Halo helmets and plastic Mass Effect rifles threatening 'aggressive actions' over the procurement of hard-to-find cleaning supplies. :twoguns:
I get your point, but GameStop hasn't had Halo helmets or Mass Effect rifles in years. It's all about Fortnite and Overwatch Nerf blasters now.

Offhand, ballpark type question below. Just doing some napkin math on how much eShop I can get with my rewards, coupon, credit, etc.

I'm going to a store today to pick up some eShop, but also cancelling $5 pre-orders on 3 games. I'm going to place 3 new pre-orders on some Star Wars action figures that are 9.99, 34.99, and 79.99. Anyone know how much I would need to put on each to reserve?

Looks like GS is directing stores starting Sat: suspend trade-ins, changing store hours from 12-8pm, curb-side delivery, and only allowing 10 ppl in stores. 

Wonder how many will actually happen. 

Was at a store this morning getting Doom and the store was very clean all policies being followed and had hand sanitizer at every register as well as gloves for trade ins and cash exchanges......      They are taking precautions so all this negativity is most likely stores where people are stealing supplies and bandwagon hating on GS as usual...

The Camelot effect...

Does anyone know if stores that are going out of business can still accept Gamestop Gift Cards?

The stores I visited during the last round of closures said they couldn't accept PUR Certificates/coupons but I don't recall if they said anything about gift cards.

Was at a store this morning getting Doom and the store was very clean all policies being followed and had hand sanitizer at every register as well as gloves for trade ins and cash exchanges...... They are taking precautions so all this negativity is most likely stores where people are stealing supplies and bandwagon hating on GS as usual...

The Camelot effect...
Bullshit. I had a SL tell me on Monday that they were out of supplies, weren't being sent any, and were not being forced to wear gloves. The negativity is what is forcing GameStop to enact these half-assed procedures in the first place, rather than just closing for a couple weeks like they should. They don't give two shits about their employees or customers.

Does anyone know if stores that are going out of business can still accept Gamestop Gift Cards?

The stores I visited during the last round of closures said they couldn't accept PUR Certificates/coupons but I don't recall if they said anything about gift cards.
They still take gift cards and trade credit.

I'm getting AC at Gamestop tomorrow too, only because my kids want it bad and I already paid it off. When in there tomorrow  I'm gonna move my pre-order for Persona 5 Royal to another game and then buy it for shipping. Every other game/movie I have ordered is shipping until TLOU2 CE releases in May.

Ran in to trade some shit and grab a digital AC copy. Man did they not give a shit about any of the Covid stuff as far as spacing goes. I felt icky having to use the thumbprint scanner as well.

Was at a store this morning getting Doom and the store was very clean all policies being followed and had hand sanitizer at every register as well as gloves for trade ins and cash exchanges...... They are taking precautions so all this negativity is most likely stores where people are stealing supplies and bandwagon hating on GS as usual...

The Camelot effect...
I mean, do you have some disorder that prevents you from reading Gamestop reddit? Glad you went into one store out of the thousands though and formed a broad based opinion on that experience.

The Camelot effect...
Take a look over at the Gamestop reddit, which has been in full open revolt for the last few weeks. Every employee on there says they haven't gotten any supplies and were being told to make those sales numbers no matter what. Multiple news outlets and now a consumer group have had to browbeat them into even making these changes.

I think some of you need to hear this: Going to GameStop right now is selfish and irresponsible.

Buy online and/or work through that backlog but don't put the health of your family, community, and GameStop employees at risk for a game or a lunchbox.

Bullshit. I had a SL tell me on Monday that they were out of supplies, weren't being sent any, and were not being forced to wear gloves. The negativity is what is forcing GameStop to enact these half-assed procedures in the first place, rather than just closing for a couple weeks like they should. They don't give two shits about their employees or customers.
Ever think he was lying to you and just pissed he was having to work?>

Having worked at Gamestop in the past they really do not care about their employees. It has been that way since they merged with EB Games years ago. When I worked at Gamestop prior to EB coming into the picture they did seem to care about the customers and employees a lot more than they do now. Most of the District Managers and those under them are generally pretty decent people who do not agree with what Gamestop corporate does 99% of the time. The higher up the ladder you are though, the less time you are spending in the stores themselves and it makes it much easier for those people to just not care when it doesn't effect them.

As for Camelot. I do think he's full of shit a lot of the time, but he also is fairly spot on a lot more often than not when it comes to Gamestop. Just saw he snuck onto a conference call and put it on his YouTube channel today too, which is opening him up to some serious legal implications. Worth a listen though, the call really sums up how desperate and greedy Gamestop is as a company. They are trying hard to not close because they know it will literally kill them right now.

I think some of you need to hear this: Going to GameStop right now is selfish and irresponsible.

Buy online and/or work through that backlog but don't put the health of your family, community, and GameStop employees at risk for a game or a lunchbox.
Nah doom and animal crossing come first

Yes I'm serious. They have my permission to close Saturday

The Camelot effect...
Or managers themselves are buying those supplies and taking extra precautions for their own health.

Same, went to this Tuesday to pick up a preorder and jokingly said "where's the hand sanitizer " and they laughed and said none has been provided.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No, she wasn’t lying. She also runs what is easily the best store in the district. There have been far more complaints from employees about corporates handling of this that you’re experience is extremely YMMV and not an indication of how it is actually going.

Same, went to this Tuesday to pick up a preorder and jokingly said "where's the hand sanitizer " and they laughed and said none has been provided.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah, the SL at mine had to buy out of her own pocket (which ran out the day I was in). Toilet paper too. I'm not sure why anyone would believe what GameStop corporate has said about this.

Not that I'm a huge fan of Gamestop but everywhere is selling out of these products, even distributors are having a hard time supplying stores with these goods. I know it looks bad that Gamestop hasn't provided stores with hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies but corporate is likely having just as hard a time at getting those products as every other company is.

I'm going to raise hell and contact the BBB if GS is closed tomorrow and refuses to let me pick up my Animal Crossing preorder. I refuse to buy digital under ANY circumstances and there's no reason for them to close. This whole virus bullshit is overstated anyway. It's nothing more than a flu yet the sheep are going crazy and buying toilet paper and hand sanitizer. I also love how the soyboys and neckbeards on the GS Reddit think their jobs are so hard and they're health is in jeopardy because they have to work. It's like dude, you work for a fucking retail store. If you're an adult who works retail it means you're either uneducated or stupid and make minimum wage or barely above that. Police officers, doctors, etc. work real jobs and are the ones we should be concerned about, not some soyboy living in his basement with Funcopops and works part time because he's not talented enough to get a real job.
Stop talking.

Anyone tried using multiple reward certificates online on a single order? For example, could i use a $25, $15, and $5 reward coupon toward Animal Crossing tomorrow? Thanks!

Bold move by Camelot and think he might have opened up some legal trouble for himself.

Listening to the video now. GameStop really looking bad with this move along with the pictures posted by ThatOneGuyWho above.

Anyone tried using multiple reward certificates online on a single order? For example, could i use a $25, $15, and $5 reward coupon toward Animal Crossing tomorrow? Thanks!
Yes, you can technically use up to 3 different certificates on a single item, plus the monthly $5 coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back