2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped at a closing store for the latest drop. Slow as molasses for the discount % and stock dwindling little by little. PS4 stuck at 30/30
Xb1 at 40/50. Switch at 20%. 360/ps3 was 80/70.

Not that I'm a huge fan of Gamestop but everywhere is selling out of these products, even distributors are having a hard time supplying stores with these goods. I know it looks bad that Gamestop hasn't provided stores with hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies but corporate is likely having just as hard a time at getting those products as every other company is.
Yep. Hell just the other day at the gas station someone ripped the purell dispenser off the side of the pump. That's just about as "ghetto fabulous as it gets.

It's weird though as I'm sure there are still stores that have such supplies that one doesn't normally frequent them for or are in a location not next to the cleaning isle. Like I doubt people have checked the dollar stores, pharmacies, gas stations home depot/lowes and places like big lots for tp and cleaning stuff.

Seeing Gamestop get slammed on twitter makes me wonder why best Buy and Staples etc aren't getting the same flack? How is Best buy essential?

Picked up Doom before work and it didn’t have the G2L code on it. I wonder if it’s because it’s before the 9pm usual midnight release or what so just be aware.

Seeing Gamestop get slammed on twitter makes me wonder why best Buy and Staples etc aren't getting the same flack? How is Best buy essential?
My guess would be the pc and such stuff and appliances. Aircobras post covers it better.

Bold move by Camelot and think he might have opened up some legal trouble for himself.

Listening to the video now. GameStop really looking bad with this move along with the pictures posted by ThatOneGuyWho above.
I mean isn't it illegal to record a call without the other person's consent?

Well gamersvsCOVID19 is trending many people are staying home and gaming on twitch/youtube to support their families, wouldn't gamestop sell stuff they need?

Not trying to be a d#$k just curious.

I dont use reddit, and dont believe everything on the internet... Should try it
You seem so derpy. And your defense is brainless. So you think the ONE store you go into makes your point, but the HUNDREDS of employees on reddit telling you otherwise doesn't make mine.

Get that virus bro!

Picked up Doom before work and it didn’t have the G2L code on it. I wonder if it’s because it’s before the 9pm usual midnight release or what so just be aware.
This happened to me once, and when I showed the guy who rang me out, he did a return rebuy on the spot, and sure enough the code for G2L appeared on the receipt.

GameStop introduces new Preventive Measures

https://www.gamestop.com/preventive-measures.html

Highlights:

• Reducing our store hours of operation to 12 – 8 p.m., which will be in place until Sunday, March 29th.

• Rolling out delivery @ door service to allow customers to pick up their purchases at the front door of our U.S. store locations.

• Suspending temporarily our video game and consumer electronics trade-in practices until Sunday, March 29th.

Well gamersvsCOVID19 is trending many people are staying home and gaming on twitch/youtube to support their families, wouldn't gamestop sell stuff they need?

Not trying to be a d#$k just curious.
You’d be better off buying that stuff at a place that specializes in it. All of which can be ordered online. This is just a half-assed reason that GameStop is using to try to stay open so they don’t go out of business. But this is the same company that is open 364 days a year. It isn’t surprising they aren’t putting their employees first.

Just called a store and they stopped taking trades immediately.  At least that should help keep them a little safer.  I do feel bad for the store associates!  

I actually had to go to Best Buy to get a printer to work from home. My wife needed a monitor, and they were already sold out. Meanwhile Gamestop is using a technicality to stay open essentially.

I actually had to go to Best Buy to get a printer to work from home. My wife needed a monitor, and they were already sold out. Meanwhile Gamestop is using a technicality to stay open essentially.
You might check Facebook for a monitor if you don’t mind going out. Found a 27” Samsung curved for $30 last night.

I thought I read the noon opening was starting Saturday?
It’s possible they changed it. Someone just said their store stopped trade ins already. It’s unfortunate they haven’t specified whether the G2L titles are exempt from that or they’ll extend it. But they probably just scrapped it.

It’s possible they changed it. Someone just said their store stopped trade ins already. It’s unfortunate they haven’t specified whether the G2L titles are exempt from that or they’ll extend it. But they probably just scrapped it.
I have a feeling that once they get through the 2 big releases this week, they will close just from the backlash on social. Now if they can just get all those spring breakers to stay home too.

Heard from store manager in Lafayette LA that G2L was cancelled and that all stores in this area trades are suspended and animal crossing street date has been pushed up to today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't get a G2L code on my Doom receipt and figured it was because of trades being suspended. I didn't want to go in after reading all the Doom and gloom on the subreddit, but the employees weren't the least bit concerned (I'm in an area where shit hasn't hit the fan yet, so while we're out of toilet paper, everyone is still going to work)

Heard from store manager in Lafayette LA that G2L was cancelled and that all stores in this area trades are suspended and animal crossing street date has been pushed up to today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well, looks like I’ll just wait for the copy of DOOM and AC I ordered online to come. No reason to go to the store at this point.

So if Netflix cards work online for TC, does anyone know if Uber does as well? I may start thinking about just getting all my TC out somehow. Gamestop is even trending with a boycott Gamestop hashtag. This company can't take this in their shape.

I saw online that buying animal crossing nets you a 10 dollar coupon for PUR members- is this also for digital copies?
Not sure, but the "Rewards Cash is valid until 4/9/20". You will be taking a chance if they don't open back up by then.

You might check Facebook for a monitor if you don’t mind going out. Found a 27” Samsung curved for $30 last night.
fuck yeah!

Not that I'm a huge fan of Gamestop but everywhere is selling out of these products, even distributors are having a hard time supplying stores with these goods. I know it looks bad that Gamestop hasn't provided stores with hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies but corporate is likely having just as hard a time at getting those products as every other company is.
I originally thought they promised the supplies before they realized how bad things were (I order through ULINE, and last week I was told they expect to be out of hand sanitizer and wipes until May), but holy shit that would require so much incompetence from so many people. I doubt GameStop had enough of those supplies in their warehouse for every single store to stay open through a pandemic, so I'm wondering if they were dumb enough to think they could still obtain them from a supplier, or they're hoping the employees have enough Kool-Aid left to believe corporate cares about them and they're still on the way. I can't imagine why else they'd go this long without admitting there was a delay and the supplies aren't coming, unless that would be what forces them to close the stores for legal reasons.

I want to say this bad publicity is what finally ruins them, but employees are saying the stores are super busy, so the customers don't give a shit. A majority of the workers admit they can't quit, and even if they left for Target, they'll just have to deal with worse crowds and worse hours.

These are getting really dark. So much suffering for so little pay.

93zyqn1.png

Does Gamestop have enough cash reserves to survive being closed for 1-2 maybe more months? Unless this pandemic turns around fast I don't see how they could stay open much longer. I have a feeling once those doors close they won't open again. Think I'm gonna play it safe and cash out my next-gen nest egg.

Traded in my last Division 2 and picked up my AC and the poster. I'm guessing they had about 200 posters. My friend that works there said today was their last day for trades. There was no G2L code on my receipt.

Does Gamestop have enough cash reserves to survive being closed for 1-2 maybe more months? Unless this pandemic turns around fast I don't see how they could stay open much longer. I have a feeling once those doors close they won't open again. Think I'm gonna play it safe and cash out my next-gen nest egg.
This, for sure. I have quite a bit of GS credit saved up and my initial thought also was to maybe wait until the Fall and next-gen stuff to use it. I'm honestly not sure they'll be around come the Summer, let alone the Winter holidays.

I’m probably gonna take out about $500 or so in Xbox credit and just buy the new Xbox off the MS store. Too bad Sony doesn’t let you buy stuff with PSN credit, otherwise I’d do the same.

I’m probably gonna take out about $500 or so in Xbox credit and just buy the new Xbox off the MS store. Too bad Sony doesn’t let you buy stuff with PSN credit, otherwise I’d do the same.
Pretty good idea. I wish b&m MS Stores accepted Xbox credit towards consoles but I guess you can always order the Series X and pick it up at your MS Store (assuming it's not still shut down by then). Who knows...maybe we'll all be buying next-gen online instead of in stores. Doubtful, but you never know.

Just curious looking at store listings I saw this on one mall location, all the other ones dont say this including others in a mall...

Closed Until CL:OS

Mayfair Mall
2500 N Mayfair Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Get DirectionsStore Details

SET AS HOME STORE

HOURS

Mon:CL:OS-CL:OS
Tue:CL:OS-CL:OS
Wed:CL:OS-CL:OS
Thu:CL:OS-CL:OS
Fri:CL:OS-CL:OS