2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone remind me how GameStop pre orders work again? I pre ordered RE3 collectors when it was announced. Did they charge right away or when it ships? I’m mostly concerned because I might have used a card I had to replace, I’m afraid I’m going to have issues if I used that’s not card and it hasn’t charged yet

Can someone remind me how GameStop pre orders work again? I pre ordered RE3 collectors when it was announced. Did they charge right away or when it ships? I’m mostly concerned because I might have used a card I had to replace, I’m afraid I’m going to have issues if I used that’s not card and it hasn’t charged yet
It should be when it ships. But check your CC charges and see if it was charged already if you're concerned.

CIUrGeCl.jpg

The guy waved me in because Animal Crossing had a 9am early opening but this was on the door.

Just picked up Doom, no GtL code...they had said they would honor GtL before I purchased even with trades suspended but with no code it seems like GS might have just turned the whole thing off...

I have an online return to make. Hopefully they will honor the transaction today. I want to be done with this company but I have a feeling they will have a sell off soon, lol

New Ad: https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_032220

Nothing interesting other than it seems like "Top Trade Values" capped at $30 now, not that it matters since trades will be suspended, more of a comment for evaluating your current stock and flipping/cashing prospects in the future  :whistle2:k On the bright side, Splatoon 2 and Aces usually don't get up to 30 base. 

Ad also continues B2G2 (

I hate this b2g2 "deal,"  as it's hardly different than what we've had with 4/20 instore and it gives them an excuse to kill cag16 online

Picked up animal crossing just now in western ny, no g2l code on the receipt. Store had one cashier and the other worker was on door duty. Store only allowed 8 people in at a time but only like 4 different people came in while I was there. They assured me they would be open next week for Persona 5, so I kept my order so I can use the $10 from AC otherwise I would cancel.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

so has anyone picked up their games this morning? are GtL codes printing now that it's Friday?

If the "trade ban" goes into effect does that also include GtL?
I picked up Doom yesterday and there is not a Guaranteed to Love It code on the receipt. I imagine they are suspending the promotion right now for obvious reasons.

Was in line at Target this morning, and aside from the toilet paper and such, you know what people were lined up for? "Animal crossing, everyone go to guest services!". So rather than just a midnight launch crowd, it was a launch crowd + a supply run crowd. Craziness.

Kohl's closed their stores through at least the end of the month and are giving their employees 2 weeks of pay. For a company that needs all the good publicity they can get, GameStop sure is shitting the bed with their handling of this. Unless they decide to close their stores soon, I don't see how they get past this shit-show they put themselves in. I feel bad for the decent employees that are stuck having to work because there is no other option for them.

Picked up animal crossing just now in western ny, no g2l code on the receipt. Store had one cashier and the other worker was on door duty. Store only allowed 8 people in at a time but only like 4 different people came in while I was there. They assured me they would be open next week for Persona 5, so I kept my order so I can use the $10 from AC otherwise I would cancel.
Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk
Hate to tell you, but NY was ordered to lockdown just this morning. Can GS beat your local government? News at 10!

Is there any limit to online purchasing with trade credit / gift card? I ask because I am getting transaction declined now from multiple trade cards despite having more than enough funds.

I was able to successfully place the following digital orders beforehand : $99 eshop, $100 netflix, $100 psn

Thanks!

Is there any limit to online purchasing with trade credit / gift card? I ask because I am getting transaction declined now from multiple trade cards despite having more than enough funds.

I was able to successfully place the following digital orders beforehand : $99 eshop, $100 netflix, $100 psn

Thanks!
Supposedly there is a limit to the amount of gift cards you can buy over a rolling period, so you may have figure it out to be $300! :whistle2:D (I checked, I'm at $295 over a rolling 30, might try and buy another just for research purposes) I know occasionally when I bought some cards in store, they would ask for ID for some odd reason.

Edit: Definitely > 300 limit on digital currently, What is the Limit for $500 alex.

Thanks!
Two gc max per transaction, last time i checked.

Supposedly there is a limit to the amount of gift cards you can buy over a rolling period, so you may have figure it out to be $300! :whistle2:D (I checked, I'm at $295 over a rolling 30, might try and buy another just for research purposes) I know occasionally when I bought some cards in store, they would ask for ID for some odd reason.
Bummer...lol, thank you for responding. As an aside, I was able to purchase $100 netflix the other day so maybe it is $400 (?)

Two gc max per transaction, last time i checked.
Thanks for the reponse. It was three separate transactions.

Bummer...lol, thank you for responding. As an aside, I was able to purchase $100 netflix the other day so maybe it is $400 (?)
Yea, I think I had read (maybe in this thread) that the limit was ~$500/30days for stuff like Xbox/Netflix/etc.

Yep, looks like the California stores are closing immediately, possibly on order from the Governor's office. I wonder if that's the last I have set foot in a Gamestop now. Gonna be hard to liquidate all this TC online.

Listen. The average customer doesn't care that GameStop stayed open for this. I know for some reason gamestop worker's think people will but they won't.

Best secret to the world you ready? Everyone will forget in about 3 months if that. You can do ANYTHING and the public will only care until a new story or drama happens.

On that note. Damn animal crossing is fun already gotten pretty far and fish pay alot.

I cant seem to place an order online with trade credit - the little loading symbol when clicking on 'order review' just spins and spins.
better be careful, usually when that happens to me, the charge goes through as an authorization and the credit gets put on hold for a couple weeks.

GameStop Instructs Employees to Ignore Law Enforcement And Not Shut Down.

This was posted on a news site that updates all the Corona virus stuff.

Cashed out half my credit on eShop cards yesterday and almost already sold all of them.
Where/ do you sell your eShop cards? I sell alot of stuff on Ebay but they don't allow digital codes and people are always scared of buying them on Facebook marketplace.

GameStop Instructs Employees to Ignore Law Enforcement And Not Shut Down.

This was posted on a news site that updates all the Corona burus stuff.
Of course. If other stores are forced to close, people may walk by after going to the store they intended to go, see gamestop is open, and lead to potential sales. Kind of like by process of elimination, since everywhere else is closed and they don't have anything better to do.

Do they let you convert store preorders into online ones?  I have like $250 in preorders stuck in limbo now with the California shut down order.

Do they let you convert store preorders into online ones? I have like $250 in preorders stuck in limbo now with the California shut down order.
You’re most likely stuck until they open back up. I’ve got preorders paid off for DOOM, Animal Crossing, Persona, and Final Fantasy. I also have an AC Switch that I can’t return because of this. The least they could have done was give customers a day notice to handle their business and not be tied up like this.

Wanna know something companies all over the country are closing and employees are having to file for unemployment this is not the only company doing this.....
People need to understand that Gamestop is doing what most companies are doing. They are not trying to loose money. They are following government orders (though they are trying their best to circumvent that) and suggestions. Sure they aren't closing stores but neither is majority of other businesses.

The alternative is Gamestop closing and people aren't working, which means they aren't making money. Gamestop isn't going to pay for you not working despite a few (and I emphasize few) other stores doing so.

Never said it did, but if you're going to be mad at Gamestop, be angry at all other businesses doing the exact same thing. Also be mad at the workers who still go into work and the customers that still go in to shop. Everyone is the problem until the government tells your store (all non-essential stores that is) to close down.

People need to understand that Gamestop is doing what most companies are doing. They are not trying to loose money. They are following government orders (though they are trying their best to circumvent that) and suggestions. Sure they aren't closing stores but neither is majority of other businesses.

The alternative is Gamestop closing and people aren't working, which means they aren't making money. Gamestop isn't going to pay for you not working despite a few (and I emphasize few) other stores doing so.
Yea, I agree. I dunno what industries everyone is working in, but we're all headed towards a recession. Unemployment is going to hit 15-25% (at least temporarily) no ifs ands of buts. Even if you think your income is safe, prepare that resume just incase! Not all of us are senators that can liquidate all our stock positions at the peak. This upcoming $1000 aid package is literally only going to cover one PS5 and some accessories. :D/

Never said it did, but if you're going to be mad at Gamestop, be angry at all other businesses doing the exact same thing. Also be mad at the workers who still go into work and the customers that still go in to shop. Everyone is the problem until the government tells your store (all non-essential stores that is) to close down.
No, everyone isn't the problem. In the instance in the tweet from Jason Schrier, Gamestop is the problem. I guess the people going to shop too, don't see an out on that one.

Start rant:

This entire situation is one giant clusterfuck, but I understand both sides here. It’s difficult for a company to stay afloat while paying their employees while working regular hours and income is coming in, to say nothing of them not working at all but still getting paid despite no revenue stream. On the other hand, it’s the morally correct thing to do, and something that my employer was prepared to do before she was told that her business technically qualifies as “essential” as we help people work from home and can stay open (I’m a service technician for an Apple Authorized service provider in the heart of Hollywood). I’m sure being a small, private business of under 100 total employees is a totally different situation than being a huge multi state corporation like GameStop, but still. These are scary times right now, not so much because of the virus (that can be managed by using common sense and practical measures), but how people are overreacting to irresponsible media reports and what not. People are acting like this is the second coming of the Black Plague when the numbers show that the flu has been more lethal this year...it’s utter insanity, and ticks me off that my pregnant wife and mother in law have to be in line at the supermarket at 7am just to get basic necessities like milk and eggs because Debbie Doomsday hoarded entire pallets of toilet paper and bottled water from both Costco and Sam’s Club a week and a half ago.

/rant

Honestly, I don't mind stores being open so long as their responsible, and that's not hard to do if you have a plan and a proper team to execute such a plan. I'm sorry, but GS is not that company, and never has been, and for a place like this, they should close down, as no way they protect any customers, or staff for that matter.

I went to UPS store yesterday, and it was better laid out than my Allergy shot Doctor I visited the day before, and they had a pretty insane process. In a town like mine, were you have tons of stores within 10 mins of one another, only keep open a handful of stores spread around town to meet an areas need. Then instead of trying to keep 20-30 stores open, with not enough supplies, now your good, with less stores. You combine staff from several stores, and post a person at each door, with proper sanitize, ect and instructions on how to shop.

You don't let more than 5 in at a time, and if the store is smaller, maybe even only 3, were the hell they got 10 from boggles my mind(without trades, get in and GTFO). As my nearest store is a bigger one, and 6 would probably be the most I would join inside. Post on their website what the process is, and how it will be enforced, and make sure it's clear to potential shoppers. What has happened now for them is they had no real plan, and even less decent staff to enforce it, and with a situation like that, they should have close. It's beyond clear they are putting people at risk for dollars, and if they would have done things right, they could have been a nice place for people to shop and keep entertained for maybe weeks and months to come. Now, they will probably end up closing all store because of bad public image, and state officials given them them the "close" or else speech.

Start rant:

This entire situation is one giant clusterfuck, but I understand both sides here. It’s difficult for a company to stay afloat while paying their employees while working regular hours and income is coming in, to say nothing of them not working at all but still getting paid despite no revenue stream. On the other hand, it’s the morally correct thing to do, and something that my employer was prepared to do before she was told that her business technically qualifies as “essential” as we help people work from home and can stay open (I’m a service technician for an Apple Authorized service provider in the heart of Hollywood). I’m sure being a small, private business of under 100 total employees is a totally different situation than being a huge multi state corporation like GameStop, but still. These are scary times right now, not so much because of the virus (that can be managed by using common sense and practical measures), but how people are overreacting to irresponsible media reports and what not. People are acting like this is the second coming of the Black Plague when the numbers show that the flu has been more lethal this year...it’s utter insanity, and ticks me off that my pregnant wife and mother in law have to be in line at the supermarket at 7am just to get basic necessities like milk and eggs because Debbie Doomsday hoarded entire pallets of toilet paper and bottled water from both Costco and Sam’s Club a week and a half ago.

/rant
ignorance and spreading misinformation is as bad as "irresponsible" media reports as well, the flu is absolutely not more lethal than covid 19. you will point to "this many" thousand people died from the flu this year, but if the same number of people get covid 19 as got the flu, the number of dead will be minimum 7 times more than the flu. hell, italy's death toll is close to 10 percent of infected, which is 100 times more lethal than the .01% of the flu.

Extra glad that I pulled half my credit stack out in eShop cards yesterday since stores are now closed in CA. I've already sold them all.

While there is a limit on digital cards, is there a limit on digital game purchases online? Like Switch games?

ignorance and spreading misinformation is as bad as "irresponsible" media reports as well, the flu is absolutely not more lethal than covid 19. you will point to "this many" thousand people died from the flu this year, but if the same number of people get covid 19 as got the flu, the number of dead will be minimum 7 times more than the flu. hell, italy's death toll is close to 10 percent of infected, which is 100 times more lethal than the .01% of the flu.
Thanks, I greatly appreciate the information. My problem is people are making decisions (usually poor, nearsighted ones) based on crappy info and those decisions in turn are affecting many other people besides just themselves. America produces so much food there shouldn’t be anything even close to a shortage anywhere, and yet so many markets and retail stores are cleared out of daily necessities because of fear and panic. That is what scares and bothers me more than CV-19 (though, again, we should all take precautions to prevent the spread of the virus as much as is feasibly possible). Just one random dude’s opinion in a thread about a video game store we all love to hate. [emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back