2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
the flu is absolutely not more lethal than covid 19
This is technically misinformation. Influenza itself is just as lethal, if not more so, than Covid-19. It's just that the influenza strains as we know them have been around for about 100 years, and we have vaccines and protocols specifically for influenza, updated each year. Covid-19 is the new kid on the block, with no vaccines, along with unclear symptoms and incubation periods.

I only bring this up because if you can survive influenza without vaccines, doctor visits, etc., you can most likely survive Covid-19 as well.

I’m debating on using my credit (little over $100) to stock up on some last gen games at a closing store at 90% off and pray other stores reopen in the future and hit us with an extra $5 promo again... or is this a bad idea?

Anyone in Cali been to a GS today? Was it closed? I called a store and the phone just rang...
Isn't Cali on lockdown for everything except essential businesses? IL is expected to be on lockdown. I got my Doom Eternal CE sitting at BBY so I don't know how I'm supposed to get it.

Not sure what I’m gonna do with this credit but I feel like I need to spend it today just in case stores shut down and never open back up. Also still have my $5 coupon to use.

Anyone in Cali been to a GS today? Was it closed? I called a store and the phone just rang...
yes, around 1230ish, there was a paper sign on the door indicating all CA stores are closed until further notice. Was going to pick up my AC and Doom PO's at two different stores.

Not sure what I’m gonna do with this credit but I feel like I need to spend it today just in case stores shut down and never open back up. Also still have my $5 coupon to use.
That's not going to happen, that's not how this works.

But yeah, I'm also stuck with $5 coupons, and those wait times for customer service...

That's not going to happen, that's not how this works.

But yeah, I'm also stuck with $5 coupons, and those wait times for customer service...
We already know they are going under. If they actually close for a few months, who knows how far out they will be from closing for good once they resume? I guess I’m just gonna grab some games and hope to flip them back later down the road.

Definitely calling customer service. I’ve got the monthly $5 coupon, plus another $5/10/15 coupons on my account. Hopefully I don’t have any issues getting them to give me the point value since I can’t use them now.

How am I supposed to use my $5 monthly certificate if GameStop does shut down? Are they going to allow us to use it online

I'm jealous of everyone in quarantine right now. Don't think I'll experience that being in the medical field. Perfect time to knock out that backlog! 

This is technically misinformation. Influenza itself is just as lethal, if not more so, than Covid-19. It's just that the influenza strains as we know them have been around for about 100 years, and we have vaccines and protocols specifically for influenza, updated each year. Covid-19 is the new kid on the block, with no vaccines, along with unclear symptoms and incubation periods.

I only bring this up because if you can survive influenza without vaccines, doctor visits, etc., you can most likely survive Covid-19 as well.
well then, time would tell on that, but you cant get much lower than .01%, so even if you put them on an even level, with vaccines, medicines and protocols, it is still probable that it will be more lethal, technically, even if its nearly identical. but even saying that, today, right now, covid-19 is more lethal because we dont have those safeguards like we have for the flu.

Isn't Cali on lockdown for everything except essential businesses? IL is expected to be on lockdown. I got my Doom Eternal CE sitting at BBY so I don't know how I'm supposed to get it.
Local lockdown BBY still allow curbside pick up

damn, i had multiple closing stores near me that i was going to clean out and now all of them are closed due to statewide lockdown.

Sorry if this has been discussed...

Walked into GameStop tonight and was told they are no longer taking trade-ins because of the virus...

If they are so worried about the spread why not close down for business (temporarily)

Hell even Starbucks, starting tomorrow, is drive-thru only (before could go inside to pick up mobile orders)

Sorry if this has been discussed...

Walked into GameStop tonight and was told they are no longer taking trade-ins because of the virus...

If they are so worried about the spread why not close down for business (temporarily)

Hell even Starbucks, starting tomorrow, is drive-thru only (before could go inside to pick up mobile orders)
once gamestop closes for the virus, it's probably not reopening

Should I be using the rest of my GS credit online?
Depends. What do you have left? If it's just a few hundred and you can bank the money in PSN or something, then I would say it's getting close to the time to consider it.

I'm curious about the earnings conference call on the 26th. This will get us a better idea of exactly how much cash GameStop still has on hand. 

I'm curious about the earnings conference call on the 26th. This will get us a better idea of exactly how much cash GameStop still has on hand.
I remember that the low end of the numbers they were thinking 2.2 Billion in sales. I still think they once again go below the lowest estimates, maybe something like 2.0-2.1 Billion. Under 2 billion and it's another absolute disaster.

I think the B2G2 on last gen games (which lasted two weeks btw) was an obvious cash grab. Replace old unwanted inventory for cash, even though it's probably at a loss. I'm guessing they're bleeding cash, especially after this.

While I assume GameStops will be forced closed in PA, the GameStops in Lancaster PA were open tonight. Had a friend grab Animal Crossing a few hours before closing. There was no indication of the stores being forced to close, and definitely no “contamination zone” signs or anything. Just a limit of people in store.

I know the website says not good for gift cards or digital currency, but does anyone know for sure whether a $5 online coupon would or wouldn't work on $5 of Xbox Credit?  I tend not to believe a f***ing thing on that site anymore.

My cart contains $39.97 of pre-owned and new games. There is a $1.99 shipping and handling charge tacked onto my total. I though pro members get free shipping on orders >$35. How do I get rid of the charge?

My cart contains $39.97 of pre-owned and new games. There is a $1.99 shipping and handling charge tacked onto my total. I though pro members get free shipping on orders >$35. How do I get rid of the charge?
FjOPFve.jpg

CAGs can't be in a hurry.

All Canada stores are now closed. I’m sure US won’t be far behind. Glad I was able to get one last haul from a closing store and also used my $5 coupon at another last night..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back