2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
He chose to work at gamestop and Chose to stay there like 10 years and got butthurt when they got rid of him.... He was the one that forgot the fact he was always replaceable... He has a huge hard on to spread hate about them and I wonder what he is going to do when they go away? What other company has rubbed him the wrong way? Hes a crybaby playing victim
He has done other store videos but mostly Gamestop because he has connections and got fired.

Waiting on him to do a story on this but he probably won't because it isn't Gamestop. lol

[attachment=33783:Capture.PNG]

So if I cash in some of my Reward Points can I buy Xbox Digital Cash? Can I just add that to my Xbox account and wait for something I want to go on sale or does it expire? What rewards certificate works best for this...the normal one, will online only work?

Appreciate the advice on this as I am new to the digital scene....
Don't get the online rewards cert for digital currency as they only work on physically shipped items.

You need the in-store certs to buy digital currency. I just ask the cashier to buy the denomination at the register ($10 Xbox/PSN/Nintendo giftcard for $10 in-store certificate) and its printed on the receipt.

Xbox digital cash doesn't expire, it stays in your Microsoft digital wallet until used. You may have to edit your payment at checkout in order to use it for physical items

Well I ran out to GameStop today, I specifically picked a location that I know is typically not very busy, and there was no one in the store. The had a big sign out front stating they were sold out of Switch consoles. I redeemed 25k PUR points and used that and my animal crossing $10 reward to get a $35 eShop card, no issues. Didn't have to touch anything in the store and not even the pin pad since the certs covered the whole cost. In and out in less than a minute. I feel bad for all the employees that may be out of work soon.

In regards to Torchlight : GameStop employee called me to let me know that my preorder was canceled (likely due to physical release being canceled?), and that I’m free to use that credit towards preordering something else.

On the real though, in a worst case scenario, I have Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk 2 paid in full with GS credit, if they go under, am I SOL?
I wouldn't think so, especially for TLOU2. Did you order physical copy for pick-up in store or was it an online order? One way or another, you should get your copy. Cyberpunk would be one I'd be a bit concerned about. That's why I'm ceasing all GS pre-orders . Nioh 2 was the last one I did.

I only have last of us 2 pre ordered at the moment and I think I only have $10 on it. I see it as highly unlikely that they are going to close and screwing everyone over, but anything is possible at this point.

I don''t think they would be paying employees and doing curb-side pickup if they weren't planning on opening back up.
They really have no money to pay employees. They were pressured from numerous sources and finally decided the backlash was worse than the lost money...which means the backlash was something fierce.

The unknown factor right now is the government bailout money. How much and how soon? I just don't want people here to be left holding the bag at the end. I think the time for people to at least start to think about how they want to get out of this company if things go south fast is now.

They really have no money to pay employees. They were pressured from numerous sources and finally decided the backlash was worse than the lost money...which means the backlash was something fierce.

The unknown factor right now is the government bailout money. How much and how soon? I just don't want people here to be left holding the bag at the end. I think the time for people to at least start to think about how they want to get out of this company if things go south fast is now.
They don't have to pay employees, The Billionaire owners of my local hockey team fired staff so they could collect unemployment. Paying people seems like they plan on those same people staying for the curb pickup and keeping the jobs if they can re-open.

The problem is those of us that have store credit tied up in preorders we can’t cancel and items we can’t return unless they reopen. Now, I don’t think they’ll just close for good but it’s still worrisome to have all this money tied up and not be able to cut bait.

I would think GS is pretty low on the totem pole for bailouts. An already near death specialty retailer with questionable viability for the future? I guess if every affected business gets something.

Even if they do get a bailout, it seems pretty possible the consoles will get pushed back or have a lower than expected supply which messes up their previous "plan". It seems like the "social gathering spot" idea is likely out the window for like a year too.

I was there yesterday and thought about getting my trade credit off my pre-orders and buying stuff. Then I see the tweet at 7:17 pm ET and no time to make it to the store to do anything. I have over $100 tied up in orders. I wanted to get another switch but those seem hard to find now anyways.

This is hilarious. The employees think they did something. Most of them are losing a job once the 2 week's is up.

As for us. I'm pretty sure we lost out on money. I know all my certificates are gonna expire so boom around $70 gone.

My trade credit is at $2700 nothing crazy but money is money. I also have around 24 game's paid off.

All in all if they die they die. Just annoyed at losing some cash.

This is hilarious. The employees think they did something. Most of them are losing a job once the 2 week's is up.

As for us. I'm pretty sure we lost out on money. I know all my certificates are gonna expire so boom around $70 gone.

My trade credit is at $2700 nothing crazy but money is money. I also have around 24 game's paid off.

All in all if they die they die. Just annoyed at losing some cash.
Camelot on twitter is so proud acting like he did it. Little does he realize is some people like working there and now they will be out of jobs and in some small towns jobs are hard to come by. He is on there now saying the work isn't done until the stores close all the way (no curb side pickup).

Meanwhile he is making money off the videos he does.

I do feel bad for the employees. This is going to flood the retail worker market.

If anyone in retail is on this topic please get a skilled trade. I own a moving company. We are ALWAYS hiring and my guys get min.$25 an hour. Min.wage here is 8.56 or something

They don't have to pay employees, The Billionaire owners of my local hockey team fired staff so they could collect unemployment. Paying people seems like they plan on those same people staying for the curb pickup and keeping the jobs if they can re-open.
thats another thing I dont grasp, how are they going to pay the employees if they are so close to being bankrupt, because Im laid off, from a larger company than gs, and there was never once talk of paying us out of pocket, its a layoff so its unemployment

Dam. I just made an online order that I might return if it doesn’t come in good condition box. I wonder if I’ll be able to just return it through customer service?

The last few years of GameStop doomsday predictions here are worse than Harold Camping's track record of predicting the rapture.

GameStop is paying managers because they're going to be stuck in these stores all day fulfilling orders, and if it's anything like the 2 I stopped in today they'll actually be busy. It's shitty these people have to face even this amount of risk, but Target and Walmart employees have it soooooooo much worse.

I do feel bad for the employees. This is going to flood the retail worker market.

If anyone in retail is on this topic please get a skilled trade. I own a moving company. We are ALWAYS hiring and my guys get min.$25 an hour. Min.wage here is 8.56 or something
Or get into the medical field. There's always a demand.

What the hell is "curb side pickup" in relation to Gamestop? This shit is confusing. Are stores only gonna open for major releases or not? I can wait on AC and Doom (both were preordered in a mall) but my preorder for Persona was at a regular store. That's my most anticipated title of the year so far, so you can bet your ass I wanna get my all ready paid off copy day 1.

GS looks like it will close in-store operations starting tomorrow. Better make a last run if you planned to.

They did change their tune and will pay employees, which is good to see.

attachicon.gif
4760C55C-8A81-4756-BCFB-AFA25BF09A04.jpeg
All hail CAMELOT the anti corporate MESSIAH[emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ok so I know people have been able to do this but for whatever reason the stupid app keeps giving me this error every time. This is why I went in to a store last time and it went through no problem.

And I do not see any option to use trade credit on their website. I only have $53 left.. but I'd rather just spend it.

I have no CC's saved to this account, just the trade credit card.

[attachment=33784:Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 8.17.47 PM.png]

Ok so I know people have been able to do this but for whatever reason the stupid app keeps giving me this error every time. This is why I went in to a store last time and it went through no problem.

And I do not see any option to use trade credit on their website. I only have $53 left.. but I'd rather just spend it.

I have no CC's saved to this account, just the trade credit card.

Did you try adding a billing address? That worked when I was helping a friend.

Are you entering the trade credit as a credit card? Trade credit you have to enter as a gift card.

Don't get mad at me I just wonder.
As a gift card. I can click the check balance and it correctly shows the $53.. I delete and reenter the card in the app, and get the screenshot I posted earlier.

Besides you can't enter it as a CC, 19 digits.

I have a bunch of credit tied up in pre-orders too. Wasn't able to get Nioh 2 or Animal Crossing. Was hoping to get Persona 5 but doesn't look like that will happen either. I wonder if curbside pickup will allow for preorder pickups. Also they just hired Reggie. That has to be a sign that they will be around doesn't it? Doesn't it? I need some reassurance.

As a gift card. I can click the check balance and it correctly shows the $53.. I delete and reenter the card in the app, and get the screenshot I posted earlier.

Besides you can't enter it as a CC, 19 digits.
That's weird I know I have had trouble on Gamestop and best Buy before and had to clear cookies but the app shouldn't have that issue.

People on twitter, I think some are employees are saying with the curbside pickup (as long as your store is open and doing it) you can go get a game you pre-ordered that you previously pre-ordered in-store. They can take your payment from you outside and go in and then bring the items out.

If your store is open I would call and ask. Stores in CA, they said gamestop was switching in-store orders to shipping but I think those were ones totally paid off.

That one article also says something about QR codes they can scan during curbside pickup, but how that works idk.

People on twitter, I think some are employees are saying with the curbside pickup (as long as your store is open and doing it) you can go get a game you pre-ordered that you previously pre-ordered in-store. They can take your payment from you outside and go in.
lol trust some random to dissappear with your cc or trade card

lol trust some random to dissappear with your cc or trade card
Best Buy is doing the same thing just got the email. Says app orders & online orders curb side only. If there is something you want that's in stock they can get for you too.

I would think maybe they will start using a wireless card scanner or something that they could bring out to costumers. No idea if that is possible or not.

People on twitter, I think some are employees are saying with the curbside pickup (as long as your store is open and doing it) you can go get a game you pre-ordered that you previously pre-ordered in-store. They can take your payment from you outside and go in and then bring the items out.

If your store is open I would call and ask. Stores in CA, they said gamestop was switching in-store orders to shipping but I think those were ones totally paid off.

That one article also says something about QR codes they can scan during curbside pickup, but how that works idk.
But will they still try to sell you a Pro membership or GPP?

I suggest trying the website, I have had better success using credit there vs the app
Mobile/Desktop gets this:

"The payment was declined. Please use a different payment method"

Only way I've *ever* been able to use TC is in store.
App has never worked for me either, really only good for the TC balance.. which I've had to hide and then re-enter the Pin to actually reload the balance.

Don't get the online rewards cert for digital currency as they only work on physically shipped items.

You need the in-store certs to buy digital currency. I just ask the cashier to buy the denomination at the register ($10 Xbox/PSN/Nintendo giftcard for $10 in-store certificate) and its printed on the receipt.

Xbox digital cash doesn't expire, it stays in your Microsoft digital wallet until used. You may have to edit your payment at checkout in order to use it for physical items
So the xbox currency they sell on the website can not be purchased using any reward certificates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back