2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called and got 10,000 points for not receiving the cert for AC, as well as getting my certs refunded. Took less than 20 minutes from the time I called. What are the restrictions for the online reward certificates (I haven't ever needed to redeem them but with the stores closed here, I have no choice)?
They gave you points? i figured we would have to wait the full 7 days to see if we got the $10 first.

Been a little entertaining watching you guys scramble to figure out what to do this with all this credit hahahahaha
At least it's a good problem to have. Most of us are easily in the profit in our dealings with GS. The B2G2 last year let me earn a ton of cash while keeping my TC the same so I just viewed that as my cash out, but with a bonus.

Bought 2 Switch games digital last night with my TC, no issues at all.

It's more of pre-ordering anything that I'm concerned about. If the market is this unstable prior to being shut down (physically) due to COVID-19, along with hardware limitations across seas, is GS even going to be able to fulfill any pre-orders made? If you pre-order something, and any bankruptcy procedures are filed, the odds of you getting the item (moreso your money back) are practically nil as you'd be the third creditor party owed. I believe at a Chapter 7 they are able to void any outstanding gift cards as well.
Crap, yeah I have like $250 in credit and I have debated getting a switch or Microsoft credit so I'm not SOL. Just didn't think I'd have to actuslly make the decision so soon

Well I cracked and bought more statues this weekend with that 25% off on $75 or more collectibles. Bought a bunch back when they had those $10 clearance ones months ago, with the intent of selling most of them and only keeping 1 or 2. Now I've been selling ones I don't like as much to buy other ones I like more, but the overall number in my collection seems to keep going up. >_<

I would challenge anyone that thinks taking the edge off in these quarantine times isn’t essential
Same could be said about video games! And beer, wine, and spirits can ALL be purchased online, while beer and wine are available at most chain grocery stores. No reason for B&amp;M liquor stores to stay open other than greed.

Same could be said about video games! And beer, wine, and spirits can ALL be purchased online, while beer and wine are available at most chain grocery stores. No reason for B&amp;M liquor stores to stay open other than greed.
Depends on the state. No liquor or wine in the grocery store where I live. Only beer in grocery stores and that just recently went to full strength beer (before it was capped at 3.2%)

Gamestop finally has a switch instock online....

"Sorry you have reached the limited of 2 gift cards". lol

I have like 6 gift cards from Xmas when a local store had $50 gc for $40.

Hope stores can open so I can use them.

Best Buy allows 10 gc per order, no wonder GS is dying.

I've yet to see a great switch deal from any company. All mine to filp are from my pawnshops. Average about $210 with 2-3 game's. Try a pawnshop if you want a switch

Depends on the state. No liquor or wine in the grocery store where I live. Only beer in grocery stores and that just recently went to full strength beer (before it was capped at 3.2%)
Yep. And selections in a alcohol department in any given store will be extremely limited for most places.

As for buying stuff online amazon is sending out delay emails and many others are as well.

I've yet to see a great switch deal from any company. All mine to filp are from my pawnshops. Average about $210 with 2-3 game's. Try a pawnshop if you want a switch
Amazon warehouse is another option since cheap switches pop up on there semi often. I grabbed one as a gift today for 159.xx with a dinger description so I am hoping it is brand new.

Someone in thread mentioned checking facebook marketplace as well iirc.

Amazon warehouse is another option since cheap switches pop up on there semi often. I grabbed one as a gift today for 159.xx with a dinger description so I am hoping it is brand new.

Someone in thread mentioned checking facebook marketplace as well iirc.
Facebook marketplace is amazing. Most of my GameCube collection is from there. I STRONGLY recommend checking it a few times a day especially now if you have cash.

I had Resident Evil 3 CE almost paid off in store. How's the buy online - Pickup at door thing going to work?
Same situation here, i have one on gamestop and one on bestbuy and both are half paid , anybody from gamestop or bestbuy here that can answer :S

Thanks

I'd agree with everyone else saying to convert to points, but they did say that you could place an order from the parking lot by calling the store and providing the associate with your account number and coupon / rewards cert numbers to order on the spot.

Again, likely not worth it, but it's supposed to be doable.

I have almost paid off final fantasy in store, now what am I supposed to do, just show up and give them my receipt?

I'd agree with everyone else saying to convert to points, but they did say that you could place an order from the parking lot by calling the store and providing the associate with your account number and coupon / rewards cert numbers to order on the spot.

Again, likely not worth it, but it's supposed to be doable.
I called my store Sunday and asked if I could do the same with my trade credit, they said no. So YMMV. I may try another store though if others are able to now, maybe it was just the first day cause the guy I talked to had only a few instructions and were told do nothing else. (Online sales only, no phone etc)
Have a ticket in with them about the inability to use my credit online or in the app, still no response.

Hmmm there is nobody picking up the phone at my home store. I have $40 paid into Final Fantasy 7 Deluxe and I need it bad. If they do curbside they will probably pull up my credits? I am their best customer also, it's probably possible right? I'd hate to let the money sit there and have to order it from Target

Went by a closing store just to see if they cleaned it out ahead of time or what. All they did was shut the doors and left a note saying temporarily closed as of 3/21/20. Everything is still inside. The store was set to permanently close in the next week or two. Hopefully we will have one last chance to go in there when they reopen.

Hmmm there is nobody picking up the phone at my home store. I have $40 paid into Final Fantasy 7 Deluxe and I need it bad. If they do curbside they will probably pull up my credits? I am their best customer also, it's probably possible right? I'd hate to let the money sit there and have to order it from Target
Some states they're just closed for the time being as far as I know. NY, PA, CA to name a few. Not sure if they'll be open in those states or will even be able to take your preorder with their new system in place. I have a Resident Evil 3 preorder myself that I'm just hoping to get a return on in a month or two.

Some states they're just closed for the time being as far as I know. NY, PA, CA to name a few. Not sure if they'll be open in those states or will even be able to take your preorder with their new system in place. I have a Resident Evil 3 preorder myself that I'm just hoping to get a return on in a month or two.
Well I placed a preorder with Target for the deluxe edition. It would be a disaster if I am not able to get my hands on this game soon.

I need the game when it comes out, I will stand outside of GameStop 6 feet distance and tell them I need my final fantasy April 10th

If anyone was thinking about ordering Persona 5 Royal Edition for release day through Amazon and cancelling their GS pre-order later.   Just know that some are getting emails(and some only finding out through "my orders") that the earliest you'd get it is April 7-8th.  So the same delays will probably happen with RE3 and FF7 when those games come out.

This is seriously making me consider just pre-ordering the digital versions and just try to find a cheaper physical copy later in the year.  Because it seems like no one might be able to get the physical copies on release day at this rate.  Also, who knows when the stores will be able to reopen?

There's no way to turn a gift card into Nintendo credit aside from going in store correct? I'd like to convert that $10 for digital Animal Crossing.

Gamestop's "No Hurry Shipping" is fast. I ordered a Switch online on Monday (3/23) and it's already arriving today (3/25).

Gamestop's "No Hurry Shipping" is fast. I ordered a Switch online on Monday (3/23) and it's already arriving today (3/25).
Sadly, the speed is likely attributed to the fact that very few people are buying anything besides groceries.

We're watching society collapse right before our eyes due to bumbling, idiotic leadership. More sadly, it seems those folks aren't going to listen to the medical community, either.

This is all going to get much much worse. Stay safe y'all and play some games.

just got off the phone with customer service and got my Animal Crossing certificate changed over to points...fairly painless process once you actually get a human on the line...

I feel very dumb. So you only get the $10 reward if you used the coupon in your offers for it? I barely ever pre-order but did for Animal Crossing. Picked it up already and was waiting for the $10 reward but just noticed the coupon in my offers. Psh, guess I missed out on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back