2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Order and pay online.
Go to store.
Call store when youre there, what type and color car youre in even your plate number.
Pop your trunk.
Gamestop employee throws your stuff in trunk. Shuts trunk. Goes inside and washes hands.
Drive home, open trunk get stuff go inside and wash your hands.
That's super helpful for those in states that GameStop has closed all its stores in.

Order and pay online.
Go to store.
Call store when youre there, what type and color car youre in even your plate number.
Pop your trunk.
Gamestop employee throws your stuff in trunk. Shuts trunk. Goes inside and washes hands.
i hope they dont throw my stuff in my trunk i would prefer them to gently place my stuff in the trunk

Can you use the digital PUR certificates on gamecards? I don't know if they qualify under "Gift Cards" or "Downloadable Content" in the exclusions. I'd like to get the Blizzard Balance credit before Hearthstone drops.

Just got a call from my home store to my surprise asking if I wanted to convert my preorder of Xenoblade Chronicles DE to the DE works set. I thought all California stores were closed, but they stated they were open for business for both curbside delivery & chipped card transactions at the door (store was still closed for browsing). They said all stores in their district were indeed operational (Central Valley locations).

When asked about in store pre-orders, they will be able to accommodate them as well. They weren't sure about Persona 5 Royal's availability on launch day but sounded like I would be able to secure my copy. Color me surprised...

Went food shopping today so for shits and giggles called my local store to see if I could use my $10 Animal Crossing reward for a $10 E-Shop card and they told me flat out no. So I guess I am going to have to call in the next few days to see if I can just convert it to points.

Just got a call from my home store to my surprise asking if I wanted to convert my preorder of Xenoblade Chronicles DE to the DE works set. I thought all California stores were closed, but they stated they were open for business for both curbside delivery & chipped card transactions at the door (store was still closed for browsing). They said all stores in their district were indeed operational (Central Valley locations).

When asked about in store pre-orders, they will be able to accommodate them as well. They weren't sure about Persona 5 Royal's availability on launch day but sounded like I would be able to secure my copy. Color me surprised...
Sounds like the district leader didn’t get the memo.

Not that people are happy in this thread right now, but I happily took advantage of the curbside delivery with the Buy 2 at $10 each, get 2 free! I picked up Assassin's Creed Origins, Wolfenstein 2, J-Stars Victory VS+, and Dragon Quest Heroes. I know some of these are a little older now, but hey $5 each to bolster my PS4 library now that my wife has stolen my Switch for Animal Crossing... I'll take it!

Anyone else get anything they were pumped about?

Not that people are happy in this thread right now, but I happily took advantage of the curbside delivery with the Buy 2 at $10 each, get 2 free! I picked up Assassin's Creed Origins, Wolfenstein 2, J-Stars Victory VS+, and Dragon Quest Heroes. I know some of these are a little older now, but hey $5 each to bolster my PS4 library now that my wife has stolen my Switch for Animal Crossing... I'll take it!

Anyone else get anything they were pumped about?
I got the bolded as well along with world of ff vanilla and penguin wars as a filler since nothing was left by the time I ordered stuff besides games I already owned sadly.

I converted my $200 plus trade credit to $100 Netflix cards and couple of eshop cards today. I pay for my own Netflix (not stealing it or sharing account with anyone) so this is basically like cash to me. 

Anyone who pays for Netflix this is an easy way to basically convert TC to cash. I was going to save it for new consoles, but it’s looking more and more like they may not be available this year and who knows how long GS will be afloat. 

Exactly. I'm not sure why everyone is panicking about "going digital" or whatever when you can easily just order physical copies online or buy them from the store and do this. There's no way in hell I would ever pay $60 for a digital file. When the games are one sale for a few dollars during the flash sales then yes, but $60 for a digital license and having no physical product? fuck that.

I'm using this time to work on my backlog anyway. My game buying habits have gotten out of control to the point where I spent a few grand a month on gaming "deals" and my basement is starting to look like hoarders. Buying digital won't fix it because then you just get into digital hoarding which also takes up digital space on a HD. The real solution is to stop buying more than you can play. I am addicted to the point where I was shaking last night because I didn't buy AC for $5. I finally said "no" because I know I'll never get to it or by the time I do it'll probably be worth about $5 anyway.
I can not figure out if I am video game player or collector. Starting to think scoring the deal is more of a high than playing the game. I tell myself that at least if I get the physical copy I can look at the box on my shelf...but then again, if I get the digital copy and only have to push a button from my couch I might actually play it...

Saying that makes realize I am lucky not to have actual problems...

Order and pay online.
Go to store.
Pop your trunk.
Was out yesterday for essential travel and stopped by my preferred GS location since it was on the way. The lot was empty and the only employee there was the manager (SL I guess, has her name on the window). She actually had her little dog in the store with her. I called the store and asked if I could get me $5 reward converted to XB currency, she verified my phone number and asked me to bring my ID to the window. She checked through the glass, went to the register, and came back and handed my the receipt through the door (opened it about 6 inches or so.) Transaction was smooth and we did not have to touch or breath on each other. Makes more sense if GS would let me do that online but whatever. I do not see why it would be a big deal to do a preorder or something that way, and it allows at least some of the employees to work. I imagine they can process shipping orders out of the stores as well.

I was not really worried about the $5 and was not going to put in much effort to get it. I really was just hoping an extra sale or transaction would help out my preferred location. I do miss browsing the stacks and getting the hook up from the drawer inventory.

I can not figure out if I am video game player or collector. Starting to think scoring the deal is more of a high than playing the game. I tell myself that at least if I get the physical copy I can look at the box on my shelf...but then again, if I get the digital copy and only have to push a button from my couch I might actually play it...

Ah... I remember that high. When I could leave CAG on in the background, take off of work for 20 minutes to go buy something since I lived in a smaller town and it was easy enough to drive somewhere regardless of time of day.

Vs now, where everything is online and sells out in seconds because someone buys up the entire stock.

I'm a video game dad! Only play 2-3 games a year, and collect only PG-13 / Nintendo stuff. Primarily assist on "hard levels" when needed. Currently the go-to balloon shooter downer. :twoguns:

Example: Going to pickup FF7 Remake, but probably won't play it until part 2+3 comes out.

So looks like all versions of the switch are sold out?

Not necessarily interested in buying, so much as kicking around the idea of selling mine since it's been sitting on my desk since last june. Haven't played a single game on it. Thinking now is as good a time as any, as I figure I can probably sell it for $300 since gamestop isn't taking trades at the moment.

Maryland is shutting down curbside pickup from nonessential businesses tonight at 8pm. I believe this will close all Gamestops in the state?
Since it's statewide it sounds like it.

Here in Kansas our statewide went into effect at 12:01 am this morning. Up until now it had been up to the individual counties, so the GS stores in my town closed last Wednesday (with our counties stay at home). I could however still drive 30 miles to the closest store in another county and they were still doing curbside. It shows via the GS website that the two closest locations 30 miles/43 miles are still open today.

My local GameStop let me pick up Persona 5 Royal today. They said that they were allowed to release the game early.

Maryland is shutting down curbside pickup from nonessential businesses tonight at 8pm. I believe this will close all Gamestops in the state?
Can I Unlike this news? Not that it matters much to me - my only local store is a mall location, which has been closed for over a week. And that's where I have 3 fully paid-off games (Doom/AC/P5R) waiting to be picked up (some day...). It sucks, in a petty "mah gamez" way, but also really sucks for all of the employees that are getting zero money during this crisis.

It'll be interesting to see the local landscape once everything returns to "normal" - even the local Denny's might be closing for good due to this mess (at least per the local scuttlebutt). A strange new world, indeed.

Did anyone see the email about Final Fantasy 7 Remake begin released early in AU and EU regions. Who knows maybe some will ship out early for us in the USA.

I just got blocked from using the Gamestop website. It asked me to email the owner, include what I was doing, and add a cloudflare ray id. The only thing I was doing was opening windows to used games to buy with the buy 2 get 2 deal. Anyone else have this happen? I'm using mobile. Is this possibly a virus on my phone?

I just got blocked from using the Gamestop website. It asked me to email the owner, include what I was doing, and add a cloudflare ray id. The only thing I was doing was opening windows to used games to buy with the buy 2 get 2 deal. Anyone else have this happen? I'm using mobile. Is this possibly a virus on my phone?
lol it's not you. The website is down. We killed it

Apparently there was a temporary glitch where it was taking 50% off everything.  I saw a Reddit post about it, and a few minutes later Gamestop shut down the website.

I was browsing the PC section when I was also banned. I did add Judgment, the new Xenoblade, and Animal Crossing to my cart to see if the glitched "discount" would work on all of them but I was sure everything would be cancelled anyway.

edit: Oh, they took it down lol.

Apparently there was a temporary glitch where it was taking 50% off everything. I saw a Reddit post about it, and a few minutes later Gamestop shut down the website.
it was live for like 40 minutes at least, ordered a $160 switch, 2 x $30 animal crossing, $300 of xbox credits for $150, a pokeball 2ds, etc

Only got $150 Xbox GC for $75 and Animal Crossing for $30 and Tokyo Mirage Session for $30. Too much time waiting for Amazon. Would have grabbed a Switch Lite or New 2DS XL if I could have.

I've been waiting on the switch to restock because I definitely want the docking function, but I'd probably bite the bullet on the lite for $100

it was live for like 40 minutes at least, ordered a $160 switch, 2 x $30 animal crossing, $300 of xbox credits for $150, a pokeball 2ds, etc
Did the Switch come back in stock during this glitch because it was out of stock for a while? That would mean you bought 6 Xbox gcs, did you get your 6 codes already? TIA

From my experience, they're not going to honor the physical items unless you used BOPS. $300 in Xbox credits for $150 is a steal, though.

From my experience, they're not going to honor the physical items unless you used BOPS. $300 in Xbox credits for $150 is a steal, though.
I think that might be the case too. I missed this glitch, but I saw a guy on twitter with over 3K of orders put through. Any guess as to how much this latest fiasco is gonna cost them?

Followed by Dave rejoining and saying "Hey guys, I can't believe how generous and great GS is! Did you get anything good during their flash 30 minute sales?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back