2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, some people have too much time on their hands.

feedback from The_Tattler

'Scammed GS out of MILLIONS along with other "flippers" (fraud crime ring)'

Can't get my Persona 5 from a different store; didn't get any instructions in an email on how to have it shipped (despite being explicitly told that I would).. I was trying to avoid it if at all possible, but I guess I'll have to suck it up and call customer service.

Gotta see if I can get the $10 turned into points too, even if those are also kind of useless at the moment.

I really thought RE3 would surpass RE2. I bought RE2 pre owned, finished it, and sold it back, but with so much PSN credit I bought RE3 digital at full price. At least I know I can finish it before figuring out how I'm gonna get my FF7 deluxe from a closed Best Buy in a week.
You can change to shipping on their website. I was going to pick it up before so I would be sure to have it day one, but I changed it to shipping last week.

Well I got an email to get back a giftcard for my Resident Evil 3 preorder so I can ship it instead of waiting for the store to reopen.
I followed the instructions on the email and still haven’t received the giftcard via email yet. Has anyone who done this know how long it usually takes to receive it?

Ya I cashed in on some switches. Had 6 of the AC one's for $550 each

(Before you complain about reselling look at the website and the look up supply and demand).

Around here a regular switch is about 420-450

Ordered Persona 5 Royal Steelbook edition from Gamestop.com, said it should come with a pin or some crap, arrived yesterday without the bonus. Great.

Trying to do a Pre-Order online using trade credit and no matter how many times i click the Place Order button, nothing happens. No error displayed, it briefly flashes to a 'processing' screen and then comes back to the Place Order screen. Thought maybe the April PUR $5 off coupon is causing an issue because its a preorder and the coupon says In Stock item only, but the system wont let me remove the $5 coupon.

Is this just their shitty website preventing orders being placed with trade credit?

Edit: And yes, trade credit is covering the entire order, I'm not combining it with any other payment method

2nd Edit: Successfully placed through app, thanks Davem

So they added 10,000 points to my account coz of AC bonus after fall CS but today the 10,000 points were removed by GS. Anyone have this issue? Guess I have to call again?

Ya I cashed in on some switches. Had 6 of the AC one's for $550 each
Dang, I only flipped 3 ACs, and sold a bit too soon apparently. Up past 600 now.

Trying to do a Pre-Order online using trade credit and no matter how many times i click the Place Order button, nothing happens. No error displayed, it briefly flashes to a 'processing' screen and then comes back to the Place Order screen.
Try a different browser, my Chrome sometimes fails (spinning circles when placing order) but Firefox has worked much more consistently for me. Backup to Firefox is Safari.

I got the same feedback. I figured it was someone spamming posters from this thread because I don't bother with all that silly flipping stuff at Gamestop.
I didn't even know you could leave feedback for other users. I guess I'm -1 forever! :dunce:

Dang, I only flipped 3 ACs, and sold a bit too soon apparently. Up past 600 now.

Try a different browser, my Chrome sometimes fails (spinning circles when placing order) but Firefox has worked much more consistently for me. Backup to Firefox is Safari.

I didn't even know you could leave feedback for other users. I guess I'm -1 forever! :dunce:
Nah. At some point one of the mods will do their job and remove the feedback.

IATCG is back under the name: The_Tattler

he's leaving feedback
We might have summoned him last time we were sharing stories of his escapades. He might have some sort of tracker that informs him whenever he's mentioned, either that or he gives the site tons of traffic with his obsession alone.

First big sale I’ve seen on Life is Strange 2, $20 isn’t bad I’ll pick that up
Game is terrible and isn't worth more than $10. The first episode showed promised but the game is lazy, doesn't know how to properly convey political topics and is a shallow representation of the series.

I got the game once all the episodes were out for full price and regret it. The reviews were clearly for just the first episode and not the season as a whole who barely anyone finished based on the achievements / trophies for the final episode. It's a shame what LiS2 turned out to be.

Game is terrible and isn't worth more than $10. The first episode showed promised but the game is lazy, doesn't know how to properly convey political topics and is a shallow representation of the series.

I got the game once all the episodes were out for full price and regret it. The reviews were clearly for just the first episode and not the season as a whole who barely anyone finished based on the achievements / trophies for the final episode. It's a shame what LiS2 turned out to be.
That sucks. I enjoyed the first game. Guess I wont get this one.

Got an email about my Final Fantasy preorder, giving me the option to have it shipped. I’m glad since you can’t order it at this point. Whether it actually does get shipped...

That sucks. I enjoyed the first game. Guess I wont get this one.
He didn't even mention the 4/5 episodes on disc with a one-time-use code for the final episode... Never seen that before (at least Telltale let you DL missing episodes by simply having the disc)

Got an email about my Final Fantasy preorder, giving me the option to have it shipped. I’m glad since you can’t order it at this point. Whether it actually does get shipped...
I got the same email for the Deluxe Edition but the standard and Deluxe are sold out online right now so I’m wondering how they plan on fulfilling it.

Such garbage that GameStop comes up with inflated bundles to push more product.
Not as bad as ebay prices, $20 eshop, screen protector, and a $60 new game for $89 more. ebay prices are $300+ for just a switch lite.

They also have one for $230 with just the protector and $20 eshop.

How do you know which stores offer curb side pickup because I’m in the NYC area and it seems everything is closed.
When I checked the website stores near me it said "call store". I live in WNY. I haven't been near a gamestop in weeks so not sure if they are fully closed or not here.

well I’m going to take the risk and hope I have better results. I’ve played very little of episode 1, and it hits close to home since I married into a Latino family so the early themes strike a chord because I can see these characters in similar ways as my brother in law, nephews, etc.

But hopefully it doesn’t fall apart like you said. Maybe it will idk I really like LiS, Vampyr and Remember Me so I’m going to give Dontnod the chance

I disagree completely. I prefer the original and Before the Storm but 2 is still a great game. It was on a bunch of best of the year lists and had good reviews after all the episodes came out also so you don't have to make stuff up about the reviews if you didn't like the politics you can just say that.

I disagree completely. I prefer the original and Before the Storm but 2 is still a great game. It was on a bunch of best of the year lists and had good reviews after all the episodes came out also so you don't have to make stuff up about the reviews if you didn't like the politics you can just say that.
Yeah I’m open to it and looking forward to it. Could still end up bad idk I will find out. I will say I appreciate seeing more Latino characters in video games, but that’s just my early impression from the first 20% of the first episode

There is a good YouTube review of the complete season and not just episode 1 that goes into detail about the issues with those best of the year list from sites that only reviewed the first episode.

Despite having good reviews for the first episode, only 20% of people even completed the game based on the trophy / achievements. Looking at just episode 1, only 50% of people completed that.

Not that it makes the game bad, but compared to LiS1, it fell short for a lot of people despite those reviews of episode 1.

Also not making anything up. If you look up reviews for the game, they reviewed the game only when episode 1 was out. Barely any of them updated their reviews to include every episode. You can look up the play count for those who finished the game as well. The numbers and dates don't lie.

I didn't hate the politics in the game either, I didn't like how they went about it though. Everyone is either a radical or an agreesive stereotype for a social issue. They touch on those topics but don't delve into them. It's one thing to bring up a social issue but the importance of that topic is lost when it's never touched upon other than "this thing is bad". It's lazy.

Spoilers below but this video goes into great detail the issues many people had with the game after episode 2.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ncpElwCLjlo[/YouTube]

well I’m going to take the risk and hope I have better results. I’ve played very little of episode 1, and it hits close to home since I married into a Latino family so the early themes strike a chord because I can see these characters in similar ways as my brother in law, nephews, etc.
But hopefully it doesn’t fall apart like you said. Maybe it will idk I really like LiS, Vampyr and Remember Me so I’m going to give Dontnod the chance
I may be a bit harsh on the game because I compare it with LiS1. It has some good moments and does do a better job at showing another side of people (Hispanic American culture), it just falls short on several topics and pacing. It's as if every episode was written by a different political radical.

I did finish it and was satisfied with the ending I got though. Assuming you can make it to the end, you should have a decent time with both main characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back